PDA

View Full Version : The things we do for our pets

Pumpkin
02-09-2015, 04:31 AM
I'm in a very contorted and uncomfortable position so that my cat can sleep and snore on me comfortablly

What are some minor sacrifices you make for your pets*?

*Spouses/partners may be included

Shorty
02-09-2015, 04:42 AM
For two and a half years I slept in a twin bed and had to also contort myself so my 65 lb dog and beast cat could also sleep in the bed with me.

Sephex
02-09-2015, 04:46 AM
Basically let my cat stay in my face (she loves propping her face next to mine and just letting it sit there and/or rubbing it) no matter what I am trying to watch, play, or accomplish. And basically letting my cat have free reign over my place with the exception of the kitchen counter tops.

Yamaneko
02-09-2015, 04:48 AM
I pay for the rent and utilities.

fire_of_avalon
02-09-2015, 04:58 AM
I hereby volunteer to be Yams's pet. I am not cute, flurry, soft, or nice. I will probably clean up after myself most of the time, though.

Yamaneko
02-09-2015, 05:02 AM
Be warned. I only give baths in the summer. Although I will comb out any excess hair if I notice you shedding.

Sephex
02-09-2015, 05:40 AM
*takes notes for *EoFF fan fiction*

Pike
02-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Scout has a really fancy water fountain because she knocks regular water dishes over. It cost a lot of money.

She also has hundreds of dollars of toys, a fancy cat pheromone calming diffuser (which was expensive), and when she sits on my lap she can sit there for as long as she likes, even if my bladder is about to burst.

She also gets the fanciest, most expensive food that she will eat (if it's too fancy she doesn't like it.)

Freya
02-09-2015, 02:24 PM
I get a quarter of the bed, boyfriend gets a quarter, and a 7 lb cat gets a half. Sleep me just doesn't want to bother her so she ends up just laying next to me to taking up the whole bed.

I also can't lay on the couch without sharing it with two 60 lb dogs. But they are all good cuddle buddies :jess:

Laddy
02-11-2015, 01:43 AM
I usually am sandwiched between a dog and cat in bed at any given moment. It's actually painful because you can't move without waking up them up.

Night Fury
02-11-2015, 02:58 AM
I used to always give one of my puppies the film/skin off the top of my boiled hot chocolate milk. He used to know when I was making it too, so he'd come and sit at my feet and wag his little tail until I gave him it off the spoon too :p

Bit naughty, but I used to let my dog Blue lick my glass at Christmas when I'd finished my Baileys - he fricking loved creamy stuff so much he would put on the big eyes for sure if there was a glass of milk around, or a hot chocolate.. or even a Baileys. Silly doggy, I miss him so much :(

There are also some sad things I've done for dying pets but nobody wants to hear those stories.

black orb
02-21-2015, 05:33 PM
>>> I spend the money I should use for videogames on my cat..:luca:

Jessweeee♪
02-21-2015, 06:42 PM
Every time I make a pepperoni sandwich I take one extra pepperoni out of the pack to give to my cat.

escobert
02-21-2015, 09:48 PM
I buy my cat expensive food and lots of toys. He also gets LOTS of attention and love. The one thing he would really like that I do not allow is biting. He really wants to bite everything.

Shiny
02-22-2015, 02:04 AM
Suffer! I take Zrytec because apparently I'm allergic to 2/3 of my doggies.

Madame Adequate
02-22-2015, 03:11 AM
Lots of toys and fuss and treats, but if I need to move, I usually will disturb a cat on my lap to do so.

Slothy
02-22-2015, 04:20 AM
My cat likes to snuggle in bed but my mom's kitten is a terror who will attack in the night, steal anything not nailed down and play with everything. Hence we keep the door closed and I will get up in the night to let my cat out when he asks me to. I'll also get back up and let him in if I hear him walking outside the door.

Who needs sleep anyway?

noxious.sunshine
02-25-2015, 11:36 AM
Our girls are spoiled rotten.

And rightfully so. Kitty was a stray for several years of her life and though she was (& still is) loved in Texas @ the shop, she's much better off here with us.

She gets 1/4 - 1/2 can (depending on size) of wet cat food a day. Why not a whole can? Cuz she won't eat it all in one sitting and if she walks away without finishing what's there, she won't go back and eat the rest later- not even if I mix it up so that the dried up top bits aren't visible and add more to make it seem fresh. She knows.

She's also picky about her litter box being clean. She will pitch a fit if it isn't scooped pretty much as soon as she potties.

Penny.... She gets new toys at least twice a month. And she eats expensive dog food (though she'd rather have cheapo Purina lol), and she sleeps directly between my bf and me in bed, making snuggling pretty much impossible.

Lots of times, Kitty & Penny have me pinned in between them and I can't move.

Araciel
03-01-2015, 01:17 AM
5% or more of all dog-friendly foods I eat go to him.

Shorty
03-01-2015, 01:32 AM
Recently discovered Achilles is allergic to wheat products, so now we have to get him the $60 special food instead of the much cheaper "regular" food. :(

Shiny
03-01-2015, 07:03 AM
Gluten isn't really food for any dog anyway. I have noticed since switching to a more expensive brand without gluten and soy products their coats are healthier, they eat more of their food (not leaving as much leftovers as before), and they fart a lot less.

Crop
03-02-2015, 02:45 AM
My 13 year old dog Zack has diabetes and has for the last three years, so that restricts anything that can be done with him since he needs to be injected in his neck twice a day. Still, apparently he looks healthier than ever so hopefully he can be awesome for a couple more years!