PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy completionism problem

Ergroilnin
02-09-2015, 12:14 PM
Yo guys,

I have kind of problem with playing FFs as of lately... I've played all the FFs through so much that even though I still really want to play them again, I always feel the need to get all the characters to 99, max stats, ultimate weapons, all skills etc. and it's starting to really bother me but I can't stop with that.

I would totally pay if I could somehow delete my knowledge of the FFs and just play through them normally :/

Anyone else have/had this problem? What to do about it?

Bubba
02-09-2015, 12:27 PM
Yup. FFVII is the one I've played most but I can't just whizz through it. I need everything mastered, all enemy skill, Gold chocobo. It's annoying.

The first time I play them is great. It's all about exploration and discovering what you can. On my second playthrough I want to find everything that I've missed so I'll use a guide and find everything. Every subsequent playthrough after that wouldn't feel right if I didn't get absolutely everything.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-09-2015, 12:57 PM
I'm also in that group. At least on games I really want to go back and replay. Part of the replay for me is going through and getting all the things I missed.

metagloria
02-09-2015, 01:16 PM
I have a certain level of completionism that varies by game. Like, max stats is way too hardcore for me (except in X). Level 99 is a must in every game where it's reasonable (don't think I've ever done that in IX). But I want to complete bestiaries, open every treasure chest, all that kind of stuff. It got to the point where it was almost impossible for me to play VII, but I broke the monotony with a no-materia run and then a "speed" run (which, for me, meant beating the game in around 30 hours).

Ayen
02-09-2015, 01:30 PM
I can't say I ever had that problem.

Egami
02-09-2015, 02:06 PM
I've never felt that way really, I usually just go and complete what I have the motivation for as it comes to a point where just playing for the sake of coimpletionism ends up being detrimental to my enjoyment of a game. It stops being fun and starts feeling more like homework.

Electroshock Therapy
02-09-2015, 07:06 PM
I try to get every treasure chest... that's my extent of completionism. I recently learned patience to play FF normally, I don't have the patience to max out all stats. That would take ages! :eek:

... and be really boring.

Galuf
02-11-2015, 12:13 AM
well its only happened to me in FF IX. and even then i didnt bother for level 99 just all the sidequests and bosses.

Ergroilnin
02-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Well I guess the only option left for me is to have my maxed out-right before superboss files and play subsequent runs with challenges like single character only etc. That way I still can enjoy the game's story normally while not being too easy because let's face it, FFs never were the toughest games and when you replay them and play "normally" they are actually laughably easy.