PDA

View Full Version : Which game has the best lore?

Scotty_ffgamer
02-09-2015, 10:07 PM
And why?

Pike
02-09-2015, 11:58 PM
MORROWI-

General Final Fantasy

Oh

Uhhh I'll get back to you.

metagloria
02-10-2015, 03:10 AM
You know what? I thought about this for a few seconds, and then I settled on my answer, and I realized it's not even close.

XIV. I mean, ARR in and of itself has excellent lore, but combining that with the backstory of 1.0 and Bahamut nigh-destroying the world...that game got world-building right.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-10-2015, 03:23 AM
I don't know if I can choose. XIV is definitely up there. Thanks to the nature of MMOs the lore is consistently growing and we learn more with each new patch or expansion.

I've often imagined that IX has a very enriched lore just on the basis that the big cities such as Alexandria and Lindblum have libraries.

Skyblade
02-10-2015, 03:55 AM
Any game set in Ivalice.

Egami
02-10-2015, 02:05 PM
Definitely XII (or Ivalice in general if you will). It is the most fully realized world in a FF game with a varied and rich culture that is reflected in every detail of it's people and locations. The way things work in the game also actually make sense and seem plausible (placement of cities and other locations, politics, commerce, travel, etc). It is also a world where the story of the game takes place in as opposed to it being built for the story as it seems with most FF games.