PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day

noxious.sunshine
02-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Do any of y'all cook on V-Day for your boo thangs?

Are you planning to? Or are you going out to eat (Not recommended for obvs reasons xD )?

This is mine & Jay's first Valentine's together even though we've been together for almost 2 years.

SO I'm doing a ton of fancy cooking. Like all day.

I'm gonna make croque madame with a side of mixed fruit & mimosas for breakfast /brunch (I'm gonna do breakfast in bed!), & then oysters rockefeller for appetizer & -maybe- seared scallops on a bed of mixed greens or something, and THEN.. Beef Wellington with roasted fingering potatoes and braised brussels sprouts*

Dessert? Chocolate raspberry mousse! :3 I'm going to use our short glasses to put it in.

* I'm not dead set on those as sides. If anyone has better suggestions, please let me know before 4 p.m. CST tomorrow as that's how long I have to fix my cart on the peapod app before my groceries get delivered on Thursday.

What about y'all ?

Pheesh
02-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Last year I made Tara breakfast in the morning and then cooked her some gnocci for dinner, but this year we're going out to eat. The restaurant is like a modern Chinese fusion place that I've heard is really nice, so we're both looking forward to that. I may still cook her some breakfast or something though.

Shlup
02-12-2015, 05:11 AM
Every year BJ and I get crab legs and other things you can eat with your hands (artichokes and fingerling potatoes, usually), plop in front of the TV, and eat messily.

Shauna
02-12-2015, 11:04 AM
Matt and I will be continuing our Valentines Day tradition of fajitas for dinner.

Pumpkin
02-12-2015, 03:55 PM
I can't make much because oven broken :G

sharkythesharkdogg
02-12-2015, 10:25 PM
It's just on strike.

noxious.sunshine
02-14-2015, 03:17 AM
Turns out we're just having leftovers tomorrow.

Cuz our cable bill was double this month cuz our roommate didn't fucking pay it last month so we're short on dough until Thursday. Yay.

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-16-2015, 04:43 PM
I brought my boyfriend to my work (for the first time to eat there). To be fair, I was working 6 days that week, 5 of which at that job, so I was pretty exhausted Friday night (which is when we celebrated since I worked Saturday night :( )

EDIT: To be fair the half lobster bolognaise with cream corn on gnudi that we had was the special I was running earlier in the week. So I kinda did cook for him. And I did make all that ricotta...

Loony BoB
02-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Took Danielle out to a nice Thai place on Friday night, cost me more than I expected but ah well, it was good food and great service with my lovely wife so no complaints. Can't even remember what we ate on Saturday though...

sharkythesharkdogg
02-16-2015, 08:41 PM
Went for a nice lunch at an Indian restaurant in Greenville that I like a lot, even though I hadn't been there in years.

Pumpkin seemed to think the food was pretty good, and liked the atmosphere so hopefully it won't be years before we go again.

After that it was poking around the consignment shop for a few home decorations, poking around the comic book store, and then being lazy the rest of the day.

It was a nice day.

noxious.sunshine
02-16-2015, 11:52 PM
I wound up cooking a little something..

I did seared scallops on a bed of mixed greens with finely cut green apple, bacon & a lemon/evoo vinaigrette, Cajun shrimp fettuccini alfredo with bacon, Sun dried tomatoes, and asparagus, and these super yummy chocolate-raspberry mousse "shooters"