PDA

View Full Version : I cujt mh finger...

sharkythesharkdogg
02-10-2015, 08:29 PM
pretty deep with a razor, and it's hard to type with it wrpaped up in dujct tapem.

Let's taljk about our recen;pt injjries. :jess:

fat_moogle
02-10-2015, 09:59 PM
Duct tape?!

Don't you have anything more medically orientated? Plaster? A bandage, maybe? :p

Pumpkin
02-10-2015, 10:09 PM
I'M GOING TO START WRAPPING YOU IN PILLOWS BEFORE YOU GO TO WORK

sharkythesharkdogg
02-10-2015, 10:36 PM
Duct tape?!

Don't you have anything more medically orientated? Plaster? A bandage, maybe? :p

I've been known to clean the wound with brake clean and use super glue. :shrug:

Slothy
02-10-2015, 11:23 PM
Have you ever read the label on brake clean? Because I won't even let the stuff touch me without gloves on after I did.

But super glue to close cuts is legit.

I don't have any recent injuries that aren't cat related. Last time I specifically remember cutting myself was using a hobby knife to separate a model from it's plastic sprue. I wasn't pointing it directly toward any part of me, but the thing took an odd hop when the sprue broke and I managed to hit myself right on the tip of my left index finger. I managed to barely cut the skin because I cut my fingernail clean in half to about one third of the way from the tip to the base. Somehow it managed to catch in the nail too and basically move around instead of clean through so nothing was cut underneath my nail.

And it still hurt like a bitch.

escobert
02-10-2015, 11:28 PM
I'm always hurting myself. half the time I get in the shower or get dressed and realize I have a big gash on my leg or arm and have no idea how I got it.

Pumpkin
02-10-2015, 11:28 PM
Have you ever read the label on brake clean? Because I won't even let the stuff touch me without gloves on after I did.

Hahaha gloves

Slothy
02-10-2015, 11:38 PM

Hahaha gloves

I prefer to think of them as hand condoms.

theundeadhero
02-10-2015, 11:55 PM
I've banged my head open many times and just held my hand there until the bleeding stopped. So many scars :/

sharkythesharkdogg
02-11-2015, 02:56 AM
Hitting my head on things sends me into a momentary rage. It doesn't last very long, but I get some incredibly pissed.

Purple Power also cleans those wounds out pretty thoroughly. Whether you like it or not.

Gasoline on your deodorant causes some weird chemical reaction that feels.....less than pleasant. I thought I was going to have to stop, drop, and roll for a chemical burn.

Sorry for the people taking tumbles on the ice. :(

Shorty
02-11-2015, 03:14 AM
I'm always hurting myself. half the time I get in the shower or get dressed and realize I have a big gash on my leg or arm and have no idea how I got it.

This happens to me all the time but with bruises. Bruises are constantly appearing on my body and I have no idea how I got them.

Sephex
02-11-2015, 09:04 AM
Gout is sort of acting up. Thankfully, it's annoying pain instead of "it's a chore to move across the room or even move" pain.

Ayen
02-11-2015, 11:57 AM
I can't remember what my most recent injury was as it was pretty long ago, but I'll go ahead and tell you the best story I can remember. I was in the shower and as if I ended up in a damn comedy special, I manage to slip against the water on the bottom of the tub and I performed the splits right there in the smurfing tub and twist my ankle. Mom or Dad had to come in and help me out of the tub to get dried off and everything so we can drive down to the hospital because I can't walk for trout. We get down there and we're in the waiting room for at least a little over an hour because I remember watching Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon on Cartoon Network. By the time the nurse calls on us, my ankle was healed. They made us wait so long even the injury was like "I'm out of here this is ridiculous."

We get X-Rays done to make sure everything checks out and went back home. Maybe not one or two weeks later I'm sitting in a plastic chair leaning back, and the chair tilts over and the back of my head bounce off the front of my friend's house so we're right back to the hospital, and nurse said to me "You need to stop hurting yourself." Eventually, after another twisted ankle here, busting my knees open by falling on the curb, and falling on my ass in the snow I stopped hurting myself. Now I'll probably get up out of this chair, trip over my own two feet and land head first into the wall on my way out of the room for saying that.

Pike
02-11-2015, 12:08 PM
My cat is weird and when she's really happy she scratches and bites to show her love (whilst purring up a storm the entire time). So basically my hands, arms, and legs are covered with swollen scratches and bites at any given point in time.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-11-2015, 12:40 PM
Martin doesn't do that to me anymore. I think the love has gone out of our relationship. :(

Iceglow
02-13-2015, 05:33 AM
You've not cut yourself deeply with a razor til you've cut yourself with a cut-throat straight razor. I stupidly last year went to catch my razor after it fell off the side of the sink as I was lathering myself up with more soap. I say stupidly as my blade was exposed so I should have jumped back and let it go. Sure enough I reaction caught my razor in mid air, snagging it by the blade end. I got cuts across the inner part of the top knuckle on 3 fingers... how deep were the cuts? Oh, only to the bone. Thankfully, I was able to seal the cuts by using pressure then a spray plaster (these are the bomb for cuts, it literally feels like you've got a can of synth skin from a Sci-fi when you use them) but every time I flexed my fingers out I'd rip them back open for the first few days.

Using duct tape to cover a wound isn't as dumb as it first sounds. Your primary objective is to keep the cut clean which in a mechanics shop can be pretty difficult. Duct Tape is a waterproof seal. As such, putting a bandage and normal plaster on a wound then covering that in duct tape temporarily if your hands are likely to get very dirty or become exposed to dangerous liquids wouldn't be such a bad idea. I'd advise against it long term however, as the wound will not breathe and that will slow the healing process.

Jessweeee♪
02-13-2015, 06:18 AM
i keep getting a paper cut on my cuticle from folding shit at work at lightning speed bceause i have to fold like 400 photocopis of prescribptions in like 5 minutes because i only have time after we close and i can't stay too late after that because my company doesn't allow overtime so after like two weeks of being too busy to do it until the last possible moment my cuticle just starts bleeding without me noticing and i have to throw out a prescriptions and scrub everything down because i have bled on it and that is not cool