PDA

View Full Version : Does Zidane Hate Quina?

Depression Moon
02-11-2015, 04:23 PM
I'm replaying IX again after years of absence and I don't think I've ever talked to someone about something that was always in my head. It seems to me that Zidane has the most disdain towards Quina out of the whole cast. He was the first one to point out that the only thing Quina thinks about it food, he rudely pushed her down while in Fossil Roo, he forgot about her when they were about to leave Black Mage Village, and I recall coming up that he'll choose to leave Quina while they go to the Iifa tree, which results in Quina getting stranded and having to swim across a whole fucking ocean and killing dozens of monsters to get back to the Mist Continent and when she tells Zidane all this I think all he says is "wow". I'm not sorry or anything.

Pumpkin
02-11-2015, 05:18 PM
I always felt he was just more uncomfortable with Quina then anything, but not actually hating him/her. But I dunno, I've never thought about it much. The biggest I noticed was that he wasn't happy about being teamed up with Quina for the Earth Shrine and it read as discomfort to me

:shrug:

Galuf
02-11-2015, 05:34 PM
poor quina. she s the best FF character, and has to endure horrible torture from kuja's fiends while getting back to Zidane

Jinx
02-11-2015, 06:07 PM
Would you blame him if he did?

Psychotic
02-11-2015, 07:10 PM
He's a racist.

Shiva95
02-12-2015, 01:21 PM
I don't think he hates him/her, but he's surely not really comfortable with him/her.

Ergroilnin
02-12-2015, 05:20 PM
He definitely doesn't hate Quina, he is just not that comfortable around her and simply just doesn't know how to really deal with her which leads to further awkwardness is all.

Randy
03-06-2015, 08:31 PM
He's a racist.

Surely that'd have to be speciesist? (which most humans are too)

Quindiana Jones
03-10-2015, 03:13 AM
Yeah, there's uncomfortable with someone, but then there's choosing to leave someone who travelled across the world with you behind in monster infested lands.

Sephex
03-11-2015, 08:55 AM
Zidane hates competition when he goes fishing. Quina has the obvious advantage.

chionos
03-11-2015, 09:57 AM
I don't think the writers were concerned with Zidane's motivations when crafting interactions between these characters. Quina is less a character than it is a caricature: a plot point and a source of comedy. So to answer the question: No, Zidane does not hate Quina. Quina would have to be more than the object it is for Zidane to hate it.

Christmas
04-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Of course, they got married at that dwarf village and Quina did not consummate their marriage. Any guy will get pissed! :mad2:

Colonel Angus
04-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Zidane has a hard time repressing his sexual attraction to Quina, like Baptist preachers do to homosexuals. :chocobo:

Ayen
04-05-2015, 05:34 AM
Zidane is a ladies man, but he knows he can't compete with Quina's tongue. If Quina ever realizes the power he/she has then he knows he would become irrelevant. That is why he hates him/her.

maybee
04-05-2015, 03:24 PM
He's a racist.

He seems to be extremely uncomfortable around the Qu race, so guess he is ?

Kalevala
04-06-2015, 05:24 AM
Quina is less a character than it is a caricature: a plot point and a source of comedy.

Zidane hates plot and comedy.

Zidane is a super serious experimental arthouse director.

Laddy
04-16-2015, 09:37 PM
Zidane thinks Quina is annoying, weird, and stupid. Which they are, though I love them for it. Hell, Quina has shown a lot of incompetence and lack of intelligence compared to the two other Qu in the series: Quale and Quan.

I think Quina is the classic Friend No One Like, and just tolerates Quina because I mean...it's Quina. Quina can eat a powerful divine earth spirit.