PDA

View Full Version : Best FF minigames?

Ergroilnin
02-12-2015, 05:23 PM
Okay since we have topic about the worst ones, why not the best ones?

Obvious choices are Triple Triad in FFVIII, Chocobo Hot'n'Cold of FFIX and Blitzball in FFX, what else?

Galuf
02-12-2015, 05:28 PM
i think you listed the only good ones haha.

i guess...the golden saucer?

metagloria
02-12-2015, 05:46 PM
Okay since we have topic about the worst ones, why not the best ones?
Well, I'm glad you asked! You see,

Obvious choices are Triple Triad in FFVIII, Chocobo Hot'n'Cold of FFIX and Blitzball in FFX, what else?
...yes. Those.

Karifean
02-12-2015, 05:53 PM

Those are my top three. Notable mentions for Sphere Break and Gunner's Gauntlet.

Also, for me at least, Catcher Chocobo was a pretty fun minigame.

Randy
03-01-2015, 09:18 AM

Those are my top three. Notable mentions for Sphere Break and Gunner's Gauntlet.

Also, for me at least, Catcher Chocobo was a pretty fun minigame.

Yeah you covered the 3 main ones. Triple Triad is the best by far. Incredibly good game in its own right that also has a huge impact on the game. Chocobo Hot n Cold isn't quite as good although has an equally big impact on the game. Blitzball is fun for a while but does get old and the difficulty curves are a bit poor meaning you can easily get overpowered. It also doesn't have that much effect on the game, except for Wakka's final Limit Break.

I guess honorable mentions would be Chocobo Racing in FF7, Tetra Master in FF9, Auction House in FF9 and FF6, Battle Square in FF7.

Carl the Llama
03-01-2015, 10:56 AM
Final Fantasy XIII-2 gets a bad rep, but one of the things I loved most about that game is their rendition of the chocobo racing, they had a great system and ironed out any of the potential flaws that were in VII's version. Sphere Break was also very addictive to play.

Shiva95
03-01-2015, 01:32 PM
Chocobo Hot'n'Cold in FFIX.