PDA

View Full Version : Things you haven't done in your favorite FF

Egami
02-13-2015, 08:42 PM
Be it a weapon, armor or item you never got; a boss you never defeated; a minigame you never played or completed; a character you never recruited, etc.

What things haven't you done in your favorite Final Fantasy and why? Do you intend to do them some time or you just find it boring or too much trouble to do it?

VeloZer0
02-13-2015, 08:55 PM
FFT:
Master every job on every character. I've done it for some, but it isn't exactly an exciting task which is why I never made it a goal

Max out the base stats of a character using the level up->level down trick. Once again, I've used this to a fair extent but didn't see the point of spending hours to go all the way.

Other than that in terms of an absolutely complete game file I think I have done everything this isn't simply a tedious task of grinding. (ie 99 of every item.)

Karifean
02-13-2015, 09:00 PM
Final Fantasy X: Have an actually interesting superboss fight. I've only beaten the Dark Aeons and Penance once and the fights were boring as all hell because I grinded to max stats and used strategies I didn't even come up with myself.

So next time I won't grind to max stats, make unconventional armors that don't more or less trivialize the fights, and overall keep myself at a power level at which I still preferably have to think and strategize to be victorious. I did that with X-2 and it was so much fun.

Galuf
02-13-2015, 09:04 PM
get Zidane's ultimate weapon.

Get every tetra master card ( i was so close i had 85)

attain highest treasure hunter rank.

learn every single ability for atleast 4 people ( i got all zidanes but thats it)

kill a friendly yan.:lol:

EDIT: pumpkins post reminded me. i also havent got Excalibur 2

Pumpkin
02-13-2015, 09:04 PM
Gotten the Excalibur II

Pike
02-13-2015, 09:22 PM
Beaten it

Psychotic
02-13-2015, 10:50 PM
Great Gospel.

Electroshock Therapy
02-13-2015, 11:07 PM
Win the blitzball story game without resorting to the "behind the fence" cheat.
Also win a blitzball game.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-14-2015, 12:33 AM

Ergroilnin
02-14-2015, 02:41 AM
Never jumped the rope more than 200 times and never even played hippaul racing, also never going to.

Shiva95
02-14-2015, 01:23 PM
I never get the Cursed Shield in FF6.

SquallsMist
02-14-2015, 04:26 PM
i found this place looking for pupu things

so i think i will do the pupu side quest this time :D

MJN SEIFER
02-14-2015, 05:05 PM
I haven't defeated Emerald and Ruby Weapons yet. It will be weird if I still haven't when I finally get my walkthrough finished.

Colonel Angus
02-15-2015, 01:31 AM
I don't think I've gotten every mark. I'm sure I didn't face Gilgamesh.

Egami
02-16-2015, 02:11 AM
Beaten it

Home come? :p

I don't think I've gotten every mark. I'm sure I didn't face Gilgamesh.

Gilgamesh was a fun mark, specially with his fight set to the Clash on the Big Bridge theme. It brings some good memories of V.

I hadn't gotten every mark until my recent replay where I completed them including Yiazmat (longest boss battle I've ever done in a game). It's really fun because the marks have their bit of history or they affect one or several people in different ways. It was a nice thing getting to know more via the hunts about the people that populate the world.

I haven't defeated Emerald and Ruby Weapons yet. It will be weird if I still haven't when I finally get my walkthrough finished.

Yeah, defeating those two is like a rite of passage :p I think the strategy with Emerald is rather straight forward (specially with the underwater materia); Ruby is the harder one as he demands a little more strategy and he counters the Knights of the Rounds with Ultima. Dazers and/or Hades go a long way of halting his attacks so as to make it safe to W-Summon and Mime stuff.

Night Fury
02-16-2015, 02:39 AM
Don't think I got every single card for Triple Triad.

Loony BoB
02-16-2015, 05:39 PM
Never...
- Got all the Huge Materia
- Beat Ruby WEAPON
- Beat Emerald WEAPON
- Got all the Enemy Skills
- Did well with Snowboarding
- Bothered with the W-Item glitch/bug/whatever
- Got all the final Limit Breaks
- Got Great Gospel
- Got all the ultimate weapons

metagloria
02-16-2015, 05:42 PM
Never...
- Beat Ruby WEAPON
- Beat Emerald WEAPON
- Got Great Gospel

I've done all of that except doing well with snowboarding.

I've never spent any serious energy on ANY Wonder Square minigames.

I've spent many, many hours in the Gelnika morphing stuff, but not enough to get anyone's Str/Mag/Vit/Spr to 255. Luck and dexterity, sure. Actually MAYBE one time I maxed out Cloud. But certainly not the whole party.

Loony BoB
02-16-2015, 05:43 PM
Oh, yeah, never got to Level 99 with a character that I can remember. Pretty confident I never did it. Same for 255 stats across the board, obviously. And never did well with the uhm... pewpew thing. The roller coaster whatever thing. I forget.

Egami
02-16-2015, 05:59 PM
Never...
- Beat Ruby WEAPON
- Beat Emerald WEAPON
- Got Great Gospel

Hehe yeah I never did well on the Snowboarding game either :). FVII is my favorite and the things I haven't done in it lie mainly on the Gold Saucer mini games, which I am rather in the mood of spending some hours in at the moment. Outside of that, I also never maxed out all the stats of any character and I don't think I ever got all the Enemy Skills on a single play through.

Pike
02-16-2015, 06:40 PM
Beaten it

I'm cursed when it comes to FF games. I always get to like the last disc, or the last mission, or I get right outside the final dungeon, and then real life intrudes and I never end up finishing. I have had this curse for years and it proved itself true yet again just a few months ago when I was one mission away from beating FFTA2 and then had to do NaNoWriMo.

Ayen
02-16-2015, 07:17 PM
I don't usually do a lot of the side-quests or get any of the special weapons because I just don't care to do them. I'm more interested in playing through the main game. If I do run into a side-quest it's usually by accident.

metagloria
02-16-2015, 07:23 PM
I don't usually do a lot of the side-quests or get any of the special weapons because I just don't care to do them. I'm more interested in playing through the main game. If I do run into a side-quest it's usually by accident.

If I advance the main story, it's because I've run out of sidequests.

NeoCracker
02-17-2015, 05:30 AM
Super Boss's I almost always skip, so yeah. Never beat Ozma in FF IX, nor collected all the cards. :p

(And still havent' beaten Tactics. :p)

Skyblade
02-17-2015, 06:07 AM
Beaten it

I'm cursed when it comes to FF games. I always get to like the last disc, or the last mission, or I get right outside the final dungeon, and then real life intrudes and I never end up finishing. I have had this curse for years and it proved itself true yet again just a few months ago when I was one mission away from beating FFTA2 and then had to do NaNoWriMo.

But you're going to complete that last mission now, right?

Pike
02-17-2015, 10:20 AM
Unfortunately probably not; when it's been more than a few months I just want to start the game over.

Depression Moon
02-17-2015, 12:36 PM
Never jumped the rope more than 200 times and never even played hippaul racing, also never going to.

I understand the jumprope, but what's the reasoning for hippaul. It's incredibly easy. I got the item on my first try.

For me I've never obtained Excalibur II, not sure if I ever will because I like to take my time and enjoy my games. I've also just discovered on this playthrough an NPC that says he forgot he had to take a dump. This is also my first time not getting Quina when she's first available. I meant to take Eiko with me to Oeilvert, but forgot to do that. I never got Jump Rope King and I'm tempted to get it this time. I tried at the beginning of the game, but never got past 52 jumps. It gets frustrating quickly. I'm not sure if it's worth it considering the item doesn't do anything.

Randy
03-16-2015, 06:33 AM
get Zidane's ultimate weapon.

Get every tetra master card ( i was so close i had 85)

attain highest treasure hunter rank.

learn every single ability for atleast 4 people ( i got all zidanes but thats it)

kill a friendly yan.:lol:

EDIT: pumpkins post reminded me. i also havent got Excalibur 2

At least 2 of those are pretty easy to do.
I still haven't got round to speedrunning for the Excalibur 2 though.

Sephex
03-16-2015, 06:58 AM
I believe I did everything there was to do in the original US release of FFIV, as well as the actual version. I also believe that I did everything you could do in the GBA port. Didn't for the PSP port/remake or the DS/PC remake. On average playthroughs I usually don't bother with the random summon drops or try to get the Adamant armor because the process to gets those are time consuming and annoying.

Something more definitive: Did absolutely everything you could in FFVII and THEN some...except getting all the Enemy Skills because who cares?

Skyblade
03-17-2015, 12:30 AM
Something more definitive: Did absolutely everything you could in FFVII and THEN some...except getting all the Enemy Skills because who cares?

I care. Having those Materia with empty stars/slots... *shudder*

VeloZer0
03-17-2015, 01:02 AM
It was many many playthroughs before I actually got a mastered Enemy Skill. And yes, those empty stars also annoy me.

Sephex
03-17-2015, 06:11 AM

I care. Having those Materia with empty stars/slots... *shudder*

Eh. It's not that big of deal. All the ones I use you can get without any effort. The more obscure ones are a waste of time. Maybe if I was as young as I was when the game was new I would go for it, but I don't have as much time as I used to, especially since I still try to keep up with new titles as time marches on.

Maybe I should master a Time Materia in real life! Man, that was a clever joke that sort of makes no sense...