PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 3 - SEASON SIX HYPE

Pheesh
02-14-2015, 11:43 AM
New season started today, who else is playing?

I'm currently leveling my seasonal monk, so anyone on the Americas servers that will be playing should feel free to add me. My Battlenet id is MrObesity#1352

CimminyCricket
02-14-2015, 03:05 PM
Played for about an hour last night on the first Barbarian I've created in D3. Made it to level 25 or there abouts. I may have incorrectly posted my account name in another thread, but it is Cim#1313.

Skyblade
02-14-2015, 07:09 PM
Are melee classes still completely unviable at the higher difficulties?

Pheesh
02-14-2015, 10:14 PM
No, monk and barb both have GR50+ builds available to them now. Whether you can be bothered grinding for the gear to make that build is another matter... >.>

Ayen
02-14-2015, 10:21 PM
I have the game but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Skyblade
02-14-2015, 10:58 PM
No, monk and barb both have GR50+ builds available to them now. Whether you can be bothered grinding for the gear to make that build is another matter... >.>

Yeah, if you can't reach the point on your own, it's kind of pointless.

When the expansion came out, I played for about three days. Then I got sick of walking into the constant Desecration + Arcane Enchanted + Lightning Enchanted spam and getting killed in three seconds. The addition of the extra ability to most mobs and the fact that those abilities trend towards the "constant damage to everything in close range" like that rendered melee a completely unviable play style.

Pheesh
02-14-2015, 11:06 PM
Oh you can definitely grind on your own with those classes, you just have to be patient and not try and jump up to an inefficient torment level before you're ready, which is where the game can become very (VERY) tedious. The inclusion of greater rifts does really help to alleviate that feeling of endless grind with no progress though. If you decide to give it another shot be sure to let us know :)

CimminyCricket
02-15-2015, 04:06 AM
Accepted Pheesh's request, but won't be playing tonight. I tend to play Sundays and some weeknights. I work odd times, but hopefully we'll be able to play. :c)

Pheesh
04-10-2015, 08:08 AM
Totally necro'ing this thread because Season 3 starts tomorrow!! If anyone is going to be playing then be sure to add me, I'm going to go full no-life this season. Good times!

Pike
04-10-2015, 10:31 AM
I only have this on Xbox 360 (where I have a level 70 Barbarian) but I really want it on PC.

theundeadhero
04-10-2015, 09:20 PM
Plan to make a new Demon Hunter as soon as they finally open the season today. My other one is hardcore.

As far as melee being soloable, my monk is only paragon level 110 and I solo Torment 5 with average gear. It's doable, you just have to be careful with elites.

Pheesh
04-11-2015, 01:24 AM
Monk got rank 1 Americas on the greater rift leaderboards for the second season in a row, so I have no idea where he got the idea that melee classes were underpowered. Barbs did get a nerf this season that made some people unhappy, but they were getting 60+ greater rift clears in the public test realm, which is ridiculous.

My current best is a 43 greater rift but I really want to try and clear my first ever 50, that'll be the goal for this season.

theundeadhero
04-11-2015, 07:55 AM
Also, Pike, playing on a console gives you somewhat of an advantage since it gives you the ability to roll away from damage at the flick of a thumb. I kinda wish I had a console version to play. Rolling is much easier than clicking when you're surrounded by enemies.

Pike
04-11-2015, 10:33 AM
Also, Pike, playing on a console gives you somewhat of an advantage since it gives you the ability to roll away from damage at the flick of a thumb. I kinda wish I had a console version to play. Rolling is much easier than clicking when you're surrounded by enemies.

That's true. It also makes for great couch co-op.

Aulayna
04-11-2015, 05:18 PM
Melee being un-viable hasn't really been true since the original launch and Inferno difficulty. Even then, life-regen Barbarians were insane.

I find pretty much every class is viable now, and you have to go through the same gear treadmill regardless if you want to function at higher Torment levels.

Pheesh
04-11-2015, 06:25 PM
Fairly productive first day for me. I got to level 70, paragon 38 I think. I didn't have much luck with my blood shards though, was hoping to get 2 or 3 pieces of a set by the end of the day, but all I ended up with was one Raiment and one Inna's. I'm just sticking to torment 1 at the moment but I did do a few greater rift pushes just for fun. Cleared an 18 and was rank 120 on the solo monk leader board, which means absolutely nothing at this stage, but it was the first time I've ever been on there so I was still happy.

theundeadhero
04-11-2015, 10:04 PM
As I checked my friends list occasionally throughout the night I was honestly impressed at your rate of progress.

CimminyCricket
04-13-2015, 10:28 PM
You're killing me Pheesh. I did not expect for you to get this far ahead of me. xD

Pheesh
04-14-2015, 11:14 AM
So far my luck has been atrocious this season. Last season I was t6 efficient within about a day of hitting 70. I'm currently on 3 days and still stuck on t3, which is pretty lame. One of the most frustrating things about this game is that to farm gear effectively you need to be playing on higher difficulties, but you can't get to higher difficulties without the really good gear you're trying to farm. The struggle is real.

CimminyCricket
04-14-2015, 09:12 PM
That's why you play with other people!

theundeadhero
04-15-2015, 02:40 AM
Helps to not skip levels in greater rifts. Almost clear 1 then wait until sub five minutes to clear and move on to two, and so forth until you're maxed. I've been getting a legendary besides the gem every time so far. Even though GRift 1 is supposed to be normal difficulty the legendaries you get are still torment quality.

CimminyCricket
04-15-2015, 05:27 AM
I actually never considered that. I usually just go hog whiled into whatever Grift I can find.

Lessons.

Pike
09-02-2015, 12:27 AM
So anyone else jump back into this what with the new season and all the other new stuff?

Cause I definitely took a break for a little while but now I'm back into it.

Pheesh
09-02-2015, 02:35 AM
I'll probably jump into it eventually. I get burned out too quickly if I start the season straight away, and I also have a lot of things going on. But yeah, I can never resist the call of this game for long.

FFIX Choco Boy
09-02-2015, 02:42 AM
I'm playing on a Witch Doctor this season with my brother, who plays Barbarian. We're doing Torment 7 right now reliably. But I can't seem to find a Furnace or Ring of Royal Grandeur to complete my build. Soon as I get those, though, we'll jump to T9.

theundeadhero
09-04-2015, 06:13 AM
Made a barb last weekend and leveled it up into paragons. With my workload from school this semester I haven't been able to play it throughout the week but I'll do some farming over the weekend.

Pike
09-04-2015, 01:57 PM
I had a friend make a ridiculously overpowered weapon for my baby wizard and that's what I'm leveling right now. Wizard is stupid fun :heart:

theundeadhero
09-07-2015, 07:52 PM
Shot up to clearing T6 Grifts this weekend. My Barb literally has infinite rage from an ancient The Gavel of Justice. I'm a little disappointed that you can only clear one Grift at a time now instead of farming them. I like the cube though.

Pike
09-07-2015, 11:45 PM
I maxed my wizard and did some paragons. I think I'm gonna make a crusader next. :aimsun: when Mister Adequate recovers from his sickness we're gonna do a co-op game together. It'll be good times.

theundeadhero
09-13-2015, 05:37 PM
I had a light homework week so got to play quite a bit since last weekend. All this time and I still haven't found a Furnace to extract though. Without it, I've found an interesting and fun build to use though. My weapon extract gives Hammer of Ancients a 30% chance to summon an ancient barbarian. Since I never run out of rage from my Gavel of Justice that's my main damage dealer and I almost constantly have all three ancient barbs out, so I use Wrath of the Berserker as my big cooldown ability. Combined with the Legacy of Raeker set (five pieces instead of six because of the Ring of Royal Grandeur extract) I do a ton of damage with Furious Charge too. My rings are Focus and Restraint. I don't really have much going for a bracer, boots, shoulders or belt so I use whatever gives me the best stats while my armor extract gives Hammer of Ancients a 200% increase in damage and 50% increase attack speed. I have Krelm's bracers so a nice Krelm's belt would be nice. I would possibly fill them in with two pieces of Asheara's Vestments or even, gasp, Blackthornes. Other then that it's just farming for ancient upgrades.

FFIX Choco Boy
09-13-2015, 08:54 PM
The easiest way to find a Furnace is to makes a few yellow lvl 70 2H maces at the blacksmith, and upgrade them at the Cube until you get one. It took me 7 to get one, which isn't too bad, all things considered. Took my brother 5 of them.

Pike
09-16-2015, 01:27 PM
Not gonna lie, I think wizard is the most fun class in this game that I've tried so far. I keep going back to it. I'm really excited to get some armor sets for my new one.

Pike
01-17-2016, 05:40 PM
SEASON FIVE WHO'S PLAYING

I wasn't going to but the new prizes dragged me in. I dunno if I'll stick with it or what. Made (yet another) wizard because I'm wiz trash.

Pheesh
01-17-2016, 05:53 PM
Probably not this season. I'm a bit too into Counter Strike atm, and Diablo 3 is one of those things that I go all in or not at all. Maybe I'll jump in a few months just to get up to speed with the new changes and see what the new sets are like.

Vyk
01-17-2016, 06:24 PM
Diablo has... Seasons?

Pheesh
01-17-2016, 06:29 PM
Diablo has... Seasons?

It's had them since DIablo 2. Dunno if the first game had them cause I never played it.

Ayen
01-17-2016, 09:02 PM
I don't remember 1 having anything like it, but I only played the PlayStation version.

Pike
01-17-2016, 09:05 PM
Fun fact: There are still Diablo 2 seasons and ladders.

theundeadhero
01-18-2016, 09:19 PM
Probably not this time. I have too much other stuff going on. I might make a witch doctor late in the season if things slow down though.

Pheesh
01-19-2016, 03:05 PM
Probably not this season. I'm a bit too into Counter Strike atm, and Diablo 3 is one of those things that I go all in or not at all. Maybe I'll jump in a few months just to get up to speed with the new changes and see what the new sets are like.

Yeah so I started a wizard >.>

I'm at paragon 50 or something atm, haven't played a wizard since before RoS so that's been fun but I'm still getting used to it.

Pheesh
01-26-2016, 04:32 PM
Gonna double post just to say that this thread is responsible for the amount of hours I've sunk into season 5 so far. Paragon 430 and I started pushing greater rifts yesterday, my highest clear is a 62 atm.

Pike
01-26-2016, 04:56 PM
:mwahaha:

CimminyCricket
01-26-2016, 08:24 PM
jfc 430 already? the season just started. I don't think I've made it past 350 or so on any of the seasons.

Pheesh
01-26-2016, 08:53 PM
I'm in another country without a job at the moment, so yeah, I'm making pretty good progress xP The way gear is set up now though it's much easier to get to a high greater rift, and once you start doing 45+ greater rifts you'll get about 6 paragon levels per rift.

CimminyCricket
01-26-2016, 09:28 PM
That's not too bad. Seems legit.

Pheesh
02-08-2016, 03:44 PM
Oh my god I'm so burnt out. I'm at 740 Paragon with a 74 greater rift clear (2 levels below making it onto the Solo wizard leader boards) but ughhh. The grind fest has worn me down so bad. I keep logging in to try and do some farming but end up closing it again after 15 minutes. I think it might also be that I'm super tired as well though.

Pheesh
04-27-2016, 09:56 AM
Double post for Season 6 hyyype!

Lots of cosmetic items introduced with the new patch along with the usual item tweaks and buffs. Anyone here going to playing this weekend once it starts?

Pike
04-27-2016, 01:39 PM
Wow a new season on us already?

I kind of got sidetracked and didn't finish up what I wanted the last season, haha.

Pheesh
04-28-2016, 03:05 AM
Wow a new season on us already?

I kind of got sidetracked and didn't finish up what I wanted the last season, haha.

Honestly, better to do that than to finish everything you wanted to do too early and be left with things you don't want to do or simply min-maxing gear in order to do things you do want to do slightly better >.<

Last season I strayed from the monk path to play a wizard which was a lot of fun, but I'm going to go back to monk at the start of this season. I haven't actually played as one in ages because I skipped season 4, so there's been a lot of changes to the class since I last played it. After I've hit 70 and done some GR pushing though I'm hoping to switch over to crusader because I've never properly given that class a go.