PDA

View Full Version : The Vocaroo Thread

Shiny
02-14-2015, 09:53 PM
Are you blessed with a Morgan Freeman voice or cursed with a voice like Louie Anderson?

Colonel Angus
02-14-2015, 10:32 PM
Horrible.

In my head, my voice doesn't sound bad, but Jeez Louise, if I hear a recording of my voice it's horrible.

chionos
I hate my voice. I hate my accent. It's not nasally annoying like Louie Anderson. But it's not particularly deep, and it's just kind of a normal boring hillbilly voice.

Pheesh
Deep, sometimes gravelly voice, Australian but not Ocka. I dunno what celebrity comparison there would be, I probably sound close to Chris Hemsworth/Sam Worthington/Russell Crowe I guess, all us Aussies sound alike right?

noxious.sunshine
02-14-2015, 11:01 PM
I have a deeper voice.

It doesn't sound that way to me, but like if I hear myself on a recording, I'm like "omg no". So I purposefully try to talk in a higher pitch because I can't stand the sound of my actual voice.

Pike
02-14-2015, 11:41 PM
I sound like a huge nerd.

chionos
02-15-2015, 01:13 AM
I sound like a huge nerd.

Playing against type, eh?

Electroshock Therapy
02-15-2015, 01:17 AM
I have a deeper voice.

It doesn't sound that way to me, but like if I hear myself on a recording, I'm like "omg no". So I purposefully try to talk in a higher pitch because I can't stand the sound of my actual voice.

I know what you mean. To me, it sounds like I need to go through second puberty to reach as deep a voice that I actually have.

Sephex
02-15-2015, 01:19 AM
Deep voice, but not super deep. I can go high if I want to.

I sound like a Midwestern cracka.

Galuf
02-15-2015, 01:19 AM
um i guess you can hear ma voice in my Videos... i cant really describe sound

Karifean
02-15-2015, 01:33 AM
Horrible.

In my head, my voice doesn't sound bad, but Jeez Louise, if I hear a recording of my voice it's horrible.

This, pretty much. I find my voice on a recording to be unbearably boring. I'd probably fall asleep listening to myself talk.

Shiny
02-15-2015, 01:57 AM
I guess, all us Aussies sound alike right?

Definitely not.

Lone Wolf Leonhart ask and you shall receive: Spongebob Laugh (http://vocaroo.com/delete/s1pZG0HxTqn3/c9c928c76666ccee) Warning don't wear headphones with the volume high...

Chibi Youkai
02-15-2015, 10:39 PM
I think most people hate listening to their voices on a recording, since we hear them differently when we say things. Unfortunately, my voice is high-pitched and sounds like a kid when speaking over an intercom system.

noxious.sunshine
02-15-2015, 11:27 PM
Oh. Yeah.

And I kind of have a southern accent. I tend to exaggerate it more when I drink.

It used to be really bad, before I moved to Nashville. But then kids were making fun of it so I worked really hard to get rid of it for the most part.

I miss having it now, even though people can always definitely tell I'm not from NYC anyway.

It's pretty amusing. When we were buying my new purse, the sales ladies were going nuts.. They were like "I could just listen to you talk all day long." It was awesome.

Pike
02-16-2015, 12:28 AM
When I moved to Montana as a young'un I soon realized I didn't always sound like the other kids. In particular the stereotypical Pacific Northwest really came out in the way I said words like "bag" and "wagon". ("bayg" and "waygon".) I actually got made fun of a bit for that one so I retrained myself to say those words "correctly". I suppose you can't beat your first dialect completely out of you, though, because I still use certain terms that are real Washingtonisms. Like "potato bug" for pill bug. :shobon:

Apparently when I get loud I have a bit of a Montana drawl. (different from a Southern drawl tyvm :colbert:). I am occasionally picked on for that, too, despite, you know, living here. But it's all in good fun :shobon: Also I've picked up Montana's habit of using the word "anymore" in situations that would make most English speakers squirm; i.e. "rent is so expensive anymore!"

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-16-2015, 02:30 AM
I guess, all us Aussies sound alike right?

Definitely not.

Lone Wolf Leonhart ask and you shall receive: Spongebob Laugh (http://vocaroo.com/delete/s1pZG0HxTqn3/c9c928c76666ccee) Warning don't wear headphones with the volume high...

95% sure this needs to be my new text notification sound.

Pumpkin
02-16-2015, 03:09 AM
Not good. I don't think it's bad per say, but there's absolutely nothing remarkable or special about it

Madame Adequate
02-16-2015, 04:58 AM
I think my regular voice sounds okay but oh god, recorded or transmitted? Absolutely fucking hideous. Legitimately a part of why I hate using the phone and all that, because I am certain anyone who hears me must think I have fifteen different chromosomal deficiencies all at once.

fire_of_avalon
02-16-2015, 05:35 AM
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1AcxFeqtU4a

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-16-2015, 06:18 AM
My body is ready for a new vocaroo thread.

Come back, Kalevala.

Shiny
02-16-2015, 06:48 AM
My body is ready for a new vocaroo thread.

Come back, Kalevala.

Duly noted. Now changing.

Whenever people hear me in person they always say, "where are you from" even people on the East Coast of USA where I'm from say that. Apparently I sound like I'm from North Carolina. :confused:

Loony BoB
02-16-2015, 03:51 PM
I get very mixed reviews about my voice. I've had some very strong compliments towards it and some people, well, it's just not for them I suppose? I'm alright with it, personally. I find myself able to do various different voices quite well, too, which is always fun. So yay for vocal flexibility?

I'll try to get a vocaroo up at some point. Someone give me something to read!

Shauna
02-16-2015, 04:18 PM
I have a Glaswegian accent (well, Glasgow-lite) and that is heralded as one of the least attractive accents in the UK (according to British people).

But it's okay, I accept I sound like a tit.

Loony BoB
02-16-2015, 05:10 PM
I don't actually notice the Glaswegian so much with you because normally you expect it to have more of a nasally touch that is so often associated with it (thanks to neds, I'd imagine). I think the Glaswegian accent works well with your voice, actually.

I Took the Red Pill
02-16-2015, 05:13 PM
I'll try to get a vocaroo up at some point. Someone give me something to read!What the smurf did you just smurfing say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the smurf out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my smurfing words. You think you can get away with saying that trout to me over the Internet? Think again, smurfer. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re smurfing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little trout. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your smurfing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will trout fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re smurfing dead, kiddo.

Loony BoB
02-16-2015, 05:34 PM
I wasn't aware of that meme until just now.

Someone creative turn that into something based on Final Fantasy (or gaming in general) and I will read it out.

Pheesh
02-16-2015, 11:25 PM
I get very mixed reviews about my voice. I've had some very strong compliments towards it and some people, well, it's just not for them I suppose? I'm alright with it, personally. I find myself able to do various different voices quite well, too, which is always fun. So yay for vocal flexibility?

I'll try to get a vocaroo up at some point. Someone give me something to read!

My limited fake Loony BoB consists of "Danyeel"

Denmark
02-16-2015, 11:44 PM
I am trained in gorilla warfare

http://www.dkwiki.com/images/thumb/1/1f/DK_%26_Coconut_Gun_-_Donkey_Kong_64.png/180px-DK_%26_Coconut_Gun_-_Donkey_Kong_64.png

Night Fury
02-17-2015, 02:24 AM
Back when I worked in Newcastle I had a very very strong Geordie accent - it's mellowed out now and my family think I have a 'posh accent' which is just, yeah, a mellowed Newcastle accent tossed around with a bit of Australian twang.

Pike
02-17-2015, 10:19 AM
I think my regular voice sounds okay but oh god, recorded or transmitted? Absolutely fucking hideous. Legitimately a part of why I hate using the phone and all that, because I am certain anyone who hears me must think I have fifteen different chromosomal deficiencies all at once.

He's wrong by the way; literally anyone who hears his voice thinks it's cute (we have tested this before specifically so I could prove him wrong)

Psychotic
02-17-2015, 11:08 AM
True story: Mister Adequate and EoFF's very own Genius Lynx (Madonna) have the exact same voice, just different accents.

Sephex
02-17-2015, 12:25 PM
Yeah, so the soap dishes did not default on their debts.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0HPqpqs2lIi

Shiny
02-18-2015, 12:01 AM
True story: Mister Adequate and EoFF's very own Genius Lynx (Madonna) have the exact same voice, just different accents.

This is definitely not true. Then again I only heard Mister Adequate's voice when he was going through his gay American voice phase when he was with Rye.

Madame Adequate
02-18-2015, 12:43 AM
scuse me a ck shouldn't be being homophobic

chionos
02-18-2015, 02:44 AM

She wasn't making fun of gays, she was making fun of your gay voice. That's not homophobic, that's homophonic.

EDIT: why aren't more people posting their damn voices? wtf, folks?

Double EDIT: pun fail, homophonic doesn't make any sense. heterophonic if anything. So nevermind. I'll just let myself out now.

P.S. More voices, EoFF.

Leigh
02-18-2015, 01:49 PM
Eeek!

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1JFr2VtGFso

Shiny
02-18-2015, 06:21 PM
Bish plz, I love gays. I don't however love your American accent. :monster:

Edit: omg Leigh please hurry up and do a podcast. Your voice is so pleasant.

chionos
02-19-2015, 01:42 AM
Leigh's a dude. Check.
Also a softspoken serial killer. Check.

Leigh
02-19-2015, 06:44 AM
Leigh's a dude. Check.
Also a softspoken serial killer. Check.

I will end you all! Mwahahahaha!

Dat Matt
02-19-2015, 11:38 AM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/9c9e8b2e6eb3e69e4d05f7c9ea4a3182/tumblr_inline_n93cw0IfvS1s6lw3t.gif

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1gFkJqB8ReH