PDA

View Full Version : Syrup and pay attention, it's Pancake Day!

Psychotic
02-17-2015, 06:23 PM
This is the first pancake I've made by myself ever. Yes, I'm a 27 year old man. It's just the first time I've never been home for Pancake Day, which is undoubtedly worse than not being home for Christmas.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/cake_zps1bfa8a96.jpg

Does it suck? Let me know, I pancake it. :smug: Some fella on Twitter seems to think the face of Jimi Hendrix is in it, which I liked.

Talk about pancakes and their glory thereof, as well as pancake day. I just completed my annual tradition of "eating pancakes until I want to be sick, and then eating some more". :)

Pike
02-17-2015, 06:25 PM
I have never made pancakes.

I have eaten them, you know, when other people have made them.

But I have never made one myself. :( I imagine it would be a hassle to find wheat-free pancake mix anyway!

Egami
02-17-2015, 07:11 PM
Damn, been a while since I last ate pancakes. Never done them myself either...and I'm 34 :p...heh. Should probably get to it one of these days.

escobert
02-17-2015, 10:41 PM
I came to talk about how the rest of the worlds Maple Syrups are inferior to Vermonts. But you guys just wanna talk about gross pancakes. French toast is far superior.

chionos
02-18-2015, 03:08 AM
I came to talk about how the rest of the worlds Maple Syrups are inferior to Vermonts. But you guys just wanna talk about gross pancakes. French toast is far superior.

Food nerd high-5.
Pancakes are gross. French toast is supreme in every single way. There's a place in TN that makes a butter pecan syrup that is better than any syrup you could even imagine.

I don't eat pancakes, myself, but I do make them for other people (kids et al) and my goal has always been to make a pancake with the crispy ring around the edges, but I can't get it quite right.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-18-2015, 01:12 PM
Pancakes are decent, but I do feel they can get a little heavy and soggy.

I like French toast, and I also like waffles. I think the waffle keeps the batter more crispy, and light.

Shauna
02-18-2015, 03:21 PM
We made some pancakes, and they were great. :D

Night Fury
02-18-2015, 04:41 PM
I make hella good pancakes.

Pumpkin
02-18-2015, 05:14 PM
I like pancakes. My favourite to make are chocolate pancakes, so yummy

Denmark
02-18-2015, 11:57 PM
i really want to know why pancake day is a thing

and why hashtagmurica doesn't celebrate it

Shorty
02-19-2015, 04:06 AM
I haven't celebrated pancake day in a while. A few years ago we bought a ten pound bag of pancake mix and a gallon of syrup to commemorate the day. We used little enough to celebrate the next several pancake days with the same mix and syrup.

For the next pancake day, though, I will be making german pancakes. Because they are superior to regular pancakes in every way.

Psychotic
02-19-2015, 07:33 AM
i really want to know why pancake day is a thing

and why hashtagmurica doesn't celebrate ithttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrove_Tuesday

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-19-2015, 02:37 PM
I came to talk about how the rest of the worlds Maple Syrups are inferior to QUEBEC.

Corrected. Though I feel I should do this more out of provincial pride than anything else. Also, that and my great uncles used to tap trees and do all the cabane a sucre stuff (like roll it in the snow and stuff).

I didn't realize it was Mardi Gras, not that I normally bother anyways. But I do love me some pancakes. I think I will have some for breakfast. :D

I hate how here, in Quebec, that often when they say "pancake" they mean crepe. Don't get me wrong, I love a good crepe but when I want a pancake, I want it to be big and fluffy, not this thin little thing. Also, I find I make better pancakes than most restaurants I go to anyways. x-x;

Secretly, I love artificial syrup, like Aunt Jemima's, more than maple syrup on my pancakes. Baking is another story.

Loony BoB
02-19-2015, 03:52 PM
Crepes are where it's at on pancake day.

Pumpkin
02-19-2015, 03:54 PM
I like the big fluffy pancakes more as well

So filling though. I have no idea why you get like 3-4 at a restaurant. I can barely eat one

Psychotic
02-19-2015, 04:17 PM
I don't even know the difference. What did I make, a pancake or a crepe?

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-19-2015, 05:04 PM
You made a pancake. A crepe is essentially a super-thin pancake and can either be sweet or savoury. Often rolled with some sort of filling.

Night Fury
02-19-2015, 05:08 PM
I had a salted caramel and almond filled crepe one night in Melbourne. Holy damn it was amazing!

escobert
02-19-2015, 11:14 PM
I came to talk about how the rest of the worlds Maple Syrups are inferior to QUEBEC.

Corrected. Though I feel I should do this more out of provincial pride than anything else. Also, that and my great uncles used to tap trees and do all the cabane a sucre stuff (like roll it in the snow and stuff).

I didn't realize it was Mardi Gras, not that I normally bother anyways. But I do love me some pancakes. I think I will have some for breakfast. :D

I hate how here, in Quebec, that often when they say "pancake" they mean crepe. Don't get me wrong, I love a good crepe but when I want a pancake, I want it to be big and fluffy, not this thin little thing. Also, I find I make better pancakes than most restaurants I go to anyways. x-x;

Secretly, I love artificial syrup, like Aunt Jemima's, more than maple syrup on my pancakes. Baking is another story.

No. Vermont is best. End of story. You just wait! We just changed up our grading system to what the rest of the world uses. We shall invade everywhere!