PDA

View Full Version : What's more annoying: A runny nose or a stuffy nose?

Pike
03-17-2015, 05:03 PM
This is a super serious question worth discussing.

Spooniest
03-17-2015, 05:19 PM
Are you kidding me, they both suck equally.

But if your nose is running, you might consider organizing some kind of plan to pursue it and recapture it, lest it not return to your olfactory functions as its primary activity.

sharkythesharkdogg
03-17-2015, 05:24 PM
I hate them both, but I hate a runny nose worse.

When I'm in class, work, meetings, etc. I don't want to be the person constantly going *sniff*.....*snork*.....*sniff-sniff*......hack!!...etc. Also constantly scrambling for a tissue or something, so I'm distracted and half in and out of my seat every 3 minutes. It. Never. Stops. Dripping. I hate it.

With a stuffy nose I can breath through my mouth like a backwoods moron if I have to, not have a chapped nose, not have a nasty handkerchief/nasty tissues in my pocket, and pretty much get on with my day.

Also, usually for me a stuffy nose comes after the runny nose, which means I'm one step closer to being through with the whole mess.

Loony BoB
03-17-2015, 05:42 PM
It really depends on what I'm doing that day, and the kind of reason (virus? dust?). Some stuffy/runny noses coincide with a really sore throat from the excess mucus trailing backwards from the top of the nasal passages, and that is probably the worst.

Runny noses from dust are the best because they don't come with an illness directly attached.

escobert
03-17-2015, 05:43 PM
Runny Noses are the worst.

Vermachtnis
03-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Runny noses suck. At least stuffy noses don't leave a mess.

Sephex
03-17-2015, 09:31 PM
Runny. I hate constantly having to tend to my nose leaking all over the place.

Motdrafin
03-17-2015, 10:59 PM
I hate runny a lot more, since during school I'm constantly making noises and/or getting up every minute. It's especially bad in classes like Band, Lab, or PE, when you have to be focused on what you're doing and not have tissues readily available.

At the moment, though, I have both a runny and stuffy nose :cry:

CimminyCricket
03-18-2015, 12:03 AM
A runny nose is the worst. I can never catch it.

Mahad
03-18-2015, 02:07 AM
They both suck, but runny nose gives me the worst time.

Shorty
03-18-2015, 03:31 AM
Stuff noses are worse because they make my head feel like it's going to implode.

Pumpkin
03-18-2015, 06:15 PM
I am sick and have both right now and they are terrible and I hate being this sick :nonono:!

Freya
03-18-2015, 06:39 PM
Stuffy nose. Specially when it's so stuffy you can't smell for 5 years and have to have surgeries. It can run all it wants! At least you an kinda smell then!

fat_moogle
03-18-2015, 07:27 PM
Runny. Having a stuffy nose is annoying but at least you don't run the risk of tissues in the wash...

Shiny
03-19-2015, 05:41 PM
Stuffy gives me migraines eventually but runny is the worse. Nothing makes me more self-conscious than having a runny nose in public and I don't have tissue. Stuffy can be settled with Zyrtec, Claritin, or tiger balm. I have a perpetually stuffy nose in the winter.

LunarWeaver
03-22-2015, 05:03 PM
Runny for sure. I don't like looking gross. Stuffy nose just means I breath loudly when I sleep and keep my boyfriend up all night, so that's fun for me.

Agent Proto
03-26-2015, 12:21 AM
Having a runny nose is by far worse than a stuffy nose. Especially if you no tissue.