PDA

View Full Version : Peaky Blinders

Shorty
02-18-2015, 04:21 AM
Who else is in love with this show? I'm sucked in.

Tom Hardy's role is a small one, but clearly the best in the show and with every line he speaks, he steals the spotlight more and more for me. Cillian Murphy is amazing, of course, as he is in everything he does, and I fell in love with Helen McRory as soon as she slapped that dude in like, the first episode. Absolutely brilliant cast.

Not really feeling Sam Neill, though. In the first few episodes especially his accent kept slipping from Irish to American and overall I'm not very fond of him, not at all. I was hoping he'd have a sort of Inspect Javert feel to him, ie a villain one can love, but I'm just not feeling it with him.

Excellent show so far, though. I'm halfway through season two and wanting more! Definitely one of my favorite new shows.

Shiny
02-20-2015, 12:10 AM
I will watch just for Tom Hardy. Been a fan of his since Bronson. Top actor.

Shorty
02-20-2015, 12:43 AM
He's not a major character and it takes a while for him to show up, but he's good.

Shiny
02-20-2015, 01:06 AM
What episodes is he in? I can just watch those. :3

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
02-20-2015, 03:26 AM
This is on my to-watch list. And it just jumped up a lot because of Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy. I didn't realize either of them were in it.

Mmmm. Tom Hardy.

Shiny
02-20-2015, 04:17 AM
This show is a bit laughable. Why is he so serious about bread? xD

Case in point. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olwYxXWHBz8)

Oh, I geddit now the baking is just a facade for their alcohol which I assume is illegal or something during this time period?

Shorty
02-20-2015, 04:18 AM
You need to watch the whole thing, goddamnit. :colbert:

Shiny
02-20-2015, 04:33 AM
Ok, but only for Cillian Murphy.

Shorty
02-20-2015, 04:34 AM
Good! The show shouldn't be judged on why he's so serious about bread. He's so serious about bread because he's totally kooky and off the wall. It's not a reflection on how serious the show takes itself!

Shiny
02-20-2015, 05:11 AM
He literally just bitch slapped someone because they asked where the bread was, which is a legitimate question.

Shorty
02-20-2015, 05:12 AM
He's a hero xD