PDA

View Full Version : Sword Coast Legends (Baldur's Gate Fans Take Notice)

Vyk
02-18-2015, 05:19 AM
jZmyUfDP1no

So apparently there's one or two BioWare director defectees. Plus at least one confirmed BioWare writer defectee working on this. And they're surprisngly active amonst the forum. Answering what questions they can until real announcements and things pop up

This thing came out of nowhere. It was just suddenly recommended to me on YouTube a couple of days ago

If you miss old Baldur's Gate type games, or Divinity: Original Sin. Or you're anxiously awaiting Torment: Tides of Numenera or Pillars of Eternity. This may be another one to put on the list. I'm not sure about the development team. But it seems to be going in a pretty good direction. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it. But I'll wait for pre-ordering right now. But they'll likely convince me to in the future

Dr Unne
02-18-2015, 05:36 AM
I'm tentatively very excited about this.

And they're surprisngly active amonst the forum. Answering what questions they can until real announcements and things pop up

Back when BG was in development, the devs were all over the official forums, posting screenshots and talking in-depth about mechanics. I distinctly remember a dev posting a fake screenshot one day of a Tarrasque battle, was was pretty much just a Tarrasque standing in the middle of a field of corpses. The devs were clearly huge D&D nerds living the dream of making a good D&D game after a long time without any. Even after the game was released the devs kept working, and put out some huge unofficial patches to fix a ton of stuff that they didn't have time to fix in the game before release. I've never achieved such a level of hype since then. It was very clearly looking to be the best game in the universe, and then it was released and it was. I played that game for hundreds of hours. I'd love to relive that experience in a modern game. Divinity came pretty close but there's something special about D&D. Maybe just nostalgia for me.