PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 JRPGs

Forsaken Lover
02-19-2015, 11:14 PM
So looking for a JRPG to hold me over until Omega Quintet comes out the end of April.

I'll probably need several although I'm kinda broke and won't be getting anything until the start of March.

Recently I was talking about SO 4 with some people, defending it as I always fucking have to, and I pointed out to a guy who said SO 4's decent sales were a result of thre beign no JRP Gs for the Xbox 360 that he was full of shit. I remember there was a spot from like 2007-2009 where a fair number of big name JRP Gs were exclusive to the 360. Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia (it's no longer exclusive in Japan but it is here), Enchanted Arms... There are probably more.

Anyway my GF will lend me her 360 because she has an Xbox One now and is interested in games for that. I'm thinking of looking into these exclusive JRP Gs.

I hear Blue Dragon is terrible so I might start with that.

Vyk
02-20-2015, 01:40 AM
I did not like any of them. But don't forget Infinite Undiscovery or Resonance of Fate or that other one that came out the same time as IU that I can never think of the name of

Scotty_ffgamer
02-20-2015, 01:41 AM
I always thought Blue Dragon looked pretty fun. I got it for cheap but never got around to playing it before I sold my 360 and moved on to other things. I loved Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia when I played them though. I've been really wishing I still had a 360 just to play Lost Odyssey lately. Overall, I can't really think of very many Xbox RPGs though. Eternal Sonata is pretty fun... I don't know that I'd call it great, but I liked it way too much. I played it on PS3 (which was the superior version since it came later with extra stuff I think), but the 360 version is still good I'd think.

Edit: I'd imagine the game Vyk is trying to think of is Last Remnant.

Vyk
02-20-2015, 02:04 AM
Thank you! Everytime I talk about Infinite Undiscovery I can never think of the other game Square published at the same time. And I always have to go to Wikipedia and look up their publishing history lol

Forsaken Lover
02-20-2015, 02:07 AM
I purposefully did not mention IU because I played that and didn't much care for it.

It's right there with FFXIII-2 in the JRPGs that I played two hours of and then abandoned ship.

Vyk
02-20-2015, 02:16 AM
Just remembered Eternal Sonata. Its definitely a werder side of JRPG'dom

Spuuky
02-20-2015, 02:16 AM
Enchanted Arms isn't an exclusive. (it's not terribly good but I actually enjoyed the game)

Vyk
02-20-2015, 03:11 AM
There's also the Agarest Wars games on there I believe. And one or two of the Spectral Force games. Might just be one. I think the other is from one of their other series. Similar name though. Same gameplay. Terrible strategy game. Agarest is probably way better. But I've never played them

And there's also that thing that came out the same time as Valkyria Chronicles. Operation Darkness? It got mediocre reviews too

metagloria
02-20-2015, 04:09 AM
Lost Odyssey, Last Remnant, SO4, and Vesperia are all awesome.

Infinite Undiscovery is a mess.

Pumpkin
02-20-2015, 11:45 AM
I have Agarest War, Tales of Vesperia, and Eternal Sonata for the 360. I don't own a 360 so that's why I only have 3 games. They're all really good though. Apparently S04 is on there too, but I have it for the PS3