PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae Title Screen

fat_moogle
02-20-2015, 09:44 AM
A Twitter user by the name of MakuXV has uploaded a screenshot of what appears to be the main title screen of the Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae demo.

There is an option for "New Game" as well as "Load Game", which suggests that we'll be able to save our progress at certain points during our travels.

Also, take note of how the Moon features within it. At first glance it might not mean much, but it could have reference to "Luna", a female character previously announced. Please be excited for more information on the demo, as the Active Time Report takes place later today.

Source (http://www.paradiger.com/final-fantasy-xv-episode-duscae-offscreen-screenshots-show-title-screen-and-noctis-might-be-able-to-save-progress-in-demo/)

Tyson
02-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Kinda surprised it has a save feature, considering it's length. Surely there can't be too much to do in it!

We're gonna have alot more info in about 31 minutes!

Egami
02-20-2015, 11:24 AM
Here is a link to the live stream...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWO0mwafBJI#t=1966

Fox
02-20-2015, 05:03 PM
Stuff I picked out during that video (just a cursory look as I'm still at work!):

- Weapons in the 'Phantom Sword' menu. On the main screen you can see what I presume is each weapons name, and below that something else. For example: テンペスト. <- "Tempest".
- These second fields show up in the 'Ability' menu on the left of the screen during combat, and it seems Noctis can use it at any time. Looks like the Ability shows you the MP cost of the currently selected ability and your current MP.
- COVER SYSTEM. lmao
- Blue bar is definitely MP
- Two different types of menu: battle menu and travel menu
- Cooking and camping looks more in depth than I expected. That's nice to see.
- Orange markers next to names looks to be status markers. I'm guessing this is showing you your buffs and power state. For example after camping, there's more stuff and more 'up' arrows, so I guess the party's condition deteriorated over time and then after a snooze and a healthy snack they were back up to full power!

chionos
02-20-2015, 09:42 PM
For example after camping, there's more stuff and more 'up' arrows, so I guess the party's condition deteriorated over time and then after a snooze and a healthy snack they were back up to full power!

I assumed that's not just full power, but buffs on top of normal non-rested status. It looked to me like you could go for different buffs depending on what you eat and such (ala FFXI/XIV).

I sure love the world so far. I mean, I'll never fully get behind the modernish setting in a Final Fantasy, but at least it's gorgeous and expansive and tangible (as compared to FFXIII's world (and to some extent, FFX's) which just felt like a backdrop.

Look at that map! There's actually a need for a map again!

I still don't know if this game has what it takes to restore my faith in SE's storytelling ability, but the gameplay and worldbuilding in FFXV looks like it's going to be all kinds of fun. I'm excited to explore the world at the very least.

I love the transition from day to night. Love the night-fighting, looks great, and I hope there's a significant difference throughout the game between night and day. Different mobs and such.

Aulayna
02-20-2015, 10:12 PM
I've got a full article up about this which you might find interesting :)

http://finalfantasynews.com/2015/02/20/full-report-final-fantasy-xv-episode-duscae-demo-reveal/

Egami
02-20-2015, 10:26 PM
Thanks, Aulayna! Very informative article :)

I am not sure how I feel about the "after battle" EXP screen as it seems that you only gain EXP in XV after defeating all the enemies of a mob. I really liked how XII did it, you gain EXP on an enemy by enemy basis. It was very nice and made battle and exploration feel truly seamless.

DMKA
02-21-2015, 01:17 AM
So has it been revealed yet whether these characters will have stats beyond "Attack" and "Magic"?

Lawr
02-22-2015, 09:20 PM
The combat looks kind of unrefined but maybe that's just the guy playing. Seeing him fight those stupid Garulas (and that Queen Garula!) reminds me of fighting them in FFV. And also, I smiled when I saw Noctis using Jump!

fat_moogle
02-24-2015, 12:01 AM
I think that could have been down to targeting. You notice that Noctis starts flailing slightly when he's not locked on, but once the target reticule is focused he starts making more direct hits and the combat looks more fluid.

Kozmos
02-24-2015, 01:56 AM
So excited to hear Somnus back in some form! That violin is haunting - I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time on that title screen!

At first glance it might not mean much, but it could have reference to "Luna", a female character previously announced.
They said that the title screen will start during the daytime and cycle through night and back to day. Though, there's no doubt that the moon has been a huge piece of imagery since the beginning!

fat_moogle
02-24-2015, 02:32 PM
Oh, I didn't hear Somnus on the title screen before. That's cool, and I'm glad they've decided to keep the track.

I like how they've made the title screen dynamic based on our real time day and night cycle. Maybe I'm looking too deeply in to the whole Luna thing, but when you take in to account that Stella > Star > Sun...

...surely this is what they're going for :D