PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play Final Fantasy VII Steam HD Graphics Mod

Pages : 1 [2]

Psychotic
05-13-2015, 07:14 PM
0tk2uXrex_0

Oh god Barret what the hell are all of these murders you committed?! Great, now we're stuck in the big house. I say big house, it's actually a desert hellhole and a lovely fellow has decided to follow us around giggling. Luckily if we win a bird race all is forgiven, but first Barret needs a showdown with his old friend Dyne. Can Barret win the boss battle against Dyne solo? He bloody better!

Ayen
05-13-2015, 08:09 PM
Y-you're telling me that -hiccup- a bunch of freedom fighters with material and trout can't break out of a desert prison? -hiccup- That is bulltrout! ONE OF THEM HAVE A GUN FOR AN ARM! A SMURFING GUN MAN! I-if a person sees a huge black man coming at them with a gun for a hand they'd be backing the smurf up!

-falls over-

Shauna
05-13-2015, 08:09 PM
I could never find my way out of Corel when I played the first time.

Hours spent wandering around, talking to everyone again and agan... I don't know why I had so much trouble.

EDIT: WHY DID YOU USE THE ELIXIR MAN YOU'LL REGRET IT

Spooniest
05-13-2015, 08:14 PM
Y-you're telling me that -hiccup- a bunch of freedom fighters with material and trout can't break out of a desert prison? -hiccup- That is bulltrout! ONE OF THEM HAVE A GUN FOR AN ARM! A SMURFING GUN MAN! I-if a person sees a huge black man coming at them with a gun for a hand they'd be backing the smurf up!

-falls over-

It's sad, really, but this is what excessive amounts of Final Fantasy does to someone.

Ayen
05-13-2015, 08:17 PM
I could never find my way out of Corel when I played the first time.

Hours spent wandering around, talking to everyone again and agan... I don't know why I had so much trouble.

EDIT: WHY DID YOU USE THE ELIXIR MAN YOU'LL REGRET IT

Corel gets me every time. It's my least favorite part of the game. That and the 1 on 1 fights. Well, until I figured out the obvious "Poison is strong against humans." lingo.

I love poison.

Psychotic
05-13-2015, 08:51 PM
EDIT: WHY DID YOU USE THE ELIXIR MAN YOU'LL REGRET IT#thuglife

Aerith's Knight
05-14-2015, 04:50 PM
You used... You used an.. You..

*unfollow*

Psychotic
05-16-2015, 02:57 PM
cDC8PoxFWDw

So we murdered a guy so I guess that means we have the right to face legitimate athletes in a contest of skill! And who doesn't love a good chocobo race at the Gold Saucer? We also acquire Beta, Aqualung, White Wind and Big Guard. As if this bumper packed episode wasn't exciting enough, we have a boss battle against Reno and Rude at Gongaga and then a meeting with Zack's Parents.

Shauna
05-16-2015, 05:06 PM
It's been a while since the explosion, but you can still find the pieces it left all over town.

Bubba
05-16-2015, 10:52 PM
Catch up time...

Ayen
05-16-2015, 11:44 PM
I never did care for the chocobo races. Luckily, you only have to do it the one time so I can't complain too much. Well, I could, but I don't wanna.

Bubba
05-19-2015, 07:28 AM
In your defence, it did seem the elixir was the only way out then. Unless you had an X-potion? Ah well.

is it just me, or was Ester clearly dead/deformed on that elevator ride back to the Gold Saucer?

Psychotic
05-20-2015, 07:53 PM
3rwkEX8RYNI

Bugenhagen's got the whole world up his sleeve. No, really. Ho ho hoooo! We drive our buggy into the Valley of the Fallen Star and rock up at Cosmo Canyon. Did you know that Nanaki is actually Nanaki? I, for one, did not. Time to learn how the Lifestream works!

Raistlin
05-21-2015, 11:23 PM
I say "ghee" (hard "G"), but only because other pronunciations sound dumber. Of course, there is no pronunciation of "Bugenhagen" that doesn't sound retarded.

Bubba
05-22-2015, 08:03 AM
I say "ghee" (hard "G"), but only because other pronunciations sound dumber. Of course, there is no pronunciation of "Bugenhagen" that doesn't sound retarded.

Did you know that the translation of 'Bugenhagen' from German is 'crusty old man'?

Psychotic
05-23-2015, 02:42 PM
I say "ghee" (hard "G"), but only because other pronunciations sound dumber. Of course, there is no pronunciation of "Bugenhagen" that doesn't sound retarded.I'm sticking with the walrus.

SIpmtYKbGcg
Into the cave of the Gi we go! What wonders and horrors await? Oh, just your average four legged spiders and forever branching paths. Gi Nattack rocks up - no, we don't X-Potion him - and then Nanaki learns the truth about his father Seto. Ho ho hoooo!

Aerith's Knight
05-23-2015, 11:33 PM
Never really thought about the possibility that Seto was still alive... that's.. awful.

Why don't they bring him inside, put him in front of a TV or something?

Psychotic
05-23-2015, 11:49 PM
Corpses don't cry, Dennis!

Aerith's Knight
05-24-2015, 07:50 AM

Corpses become the lifestream, which becomes materia (sometimes). :colbert:

Ayen
05-24-2015, 08:10 AM

They do if you pour water down their cheeks.

Bubba
05-24-2015, 09:35 AM
Watching that part where Boogunhargen takes all the life force of the planet then it breaks and falls. Would it actually fall if it was in space? Surely the parts would still revolve around the sun? Where is this alternate gravity source coming from to pull it downwards? ANSWER ME, FFVII!!!

Psychotic
05-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Only the Lifestream creates gravity, which is why Gravity comes in materia form.

Bubba
05-24-2015, 07:47 PM
Only the Lifestream creates gravity, which is why Gravity comes in materia form.

So the planet rotates around the sun by choice? Nah, not having that.

I've had my reservations about the new character models since the start and the following picture confirms it. Hojo's experiments have definitely taken more of a toll in this version. Not only does he look like the house cat at Auschwitz, for some reason he is wearing green and yellow striped socks on the left hand side of his body.

Psychotic
05-27-2015, 07:35 PM
They're just his wrist bands gosh. ...which is also kinda weird, I guess.

kyIgFiNcvkI

Nibelheim is a lovely burned out husk. Except that it isn't. Oh. At least there's all these fellas in black robes speaking perfect logical sense. We take a trip into the infamous Shinra Mansion and solve all the clues while dodging smug pumpkins, and Lost Number pops out of the safe to make things worse. After a materia-throwing duel with none other than Sephiroth, we also get a new party member - the coffin-dwelling Vincent Valentine.

Ayen
05-28-2015, 04:36 AM
All my childhood I never got Vincent Valentine. First time I didn't know how to get him, and the second time I failed at the safe. I finally didn't get him until my last playthrough last year where I named him after a friend of mine's character because he always used him as a base. Fun times.

He thinks he's so cool with his casket.

Bubba
05-28-2015, 09:16 AM
Cloud: "I don't even know what a reunion is!"

Probably should have spent more time in school then instead of smurfing around with giant swords and s**t.

Psychotic
05-28-2015, 10:24 AM
To be fair, the only schools there seem to be in the entire world of FFVII are the beginners halls which are all about fucking around with giant swords and shit. And Finger, what the hell?!

Bubba
05-28-2015, 12:46 PM
To be fair, the only schools there seem to be in the entire world of FFVII are the beginners halls which are all about smurfing around with giant swords and trout. And Finger, what the hell?!

Barret: "That money's for Marlene's schoolin'!"

Where the hell are you sending her, you big freak?

Psychotic
05-28-2015, 12:52 PM
Let's not forget he already has her work behind a bar in the middle of a slum.

Bubba
05-28-2015, 01:05 PM

To be fair, that's OK. When my boy reaches 4 I'm gonna have him set up a stall selling my homemade ale on the corner of our street.

Ayen
05-28-2015, 06:35 PM

You don't want to go there, Psychotic.

Trust me o.o

Shauna
05-29-2015, 08:36 PM
2spooky. We hadn't even watched this episode when we'd started to sort out our next FFXHD episode. We just knew you were missing us. :shobon:

First time I tried to take the safe monster on... obliterated. I underestimated him something terrible. Also, that stupid safe is awful.

Mt Nibble is correct in my estimations.

Psychotic
05-30-2015, 05:42 PM
Mt Nibble is correct in my estimations.Let's put that to the test!

TKcxEa_zrTQ

Mount Nibel holds many wonders. Angry Dragons apparently armed with flamethrowers and laden with gold. Bugs. Things that poison you. Oh, and a huge blue insect thing called Materia Keeper. It is unclear what materia he is keeping, but suffice it to say he's not best pleased that a ragtag bunch of adventurers are here.

This is probably gonna be one of the least exciting episodes so don't worry if you want to skip it! Nothing of importance happens. Next time is Cid and TEA and Palmer and Tiny Bronco so it's gonna be ace.

Raistlin
06-01-2015, 10:34 PM
I will be rooting for Palmer to throw some lard at you.

Also I think you missed a treasure on Mt. Nibel.

Psychotic
06-03-2015, 07:43 PM
8yNhRAkZCGM

Is that a rocket in your town or are you just really pleased to see us? Probably the former, nobody is pleased when we swoop into their charming little towns and raid their cupboards. We meet a charming gentleman named Cid Highwind. "Oh, you hate the Shinra? Us too, do you wa"- "Shut up, sit your ass down in that chair and drink your god damn TEA!"

Bubba
06-04-2015, 06:17 AM
Hahahahahahahaha!!

Cid gives a great rendition of the Birdy Song dance.

Also, you can't see it in a picture, but when Cid walks to the cockpit in the flashback, it is the greatest drag queen walk of all time.

12:58 in the video if anyone wants to see :p

Psychotic
06-04-2015, 08:25 AM
hahahaha oh shit

Sephex
06-04-2015, 08:45 AM
And Finger, what the hell?!

Otherwise known as sex ed.

Shauna
06-04-2015, 06:29 PM
I guess my thoughts really are that... I get why Cid is the way he is, and why he's angry at everything. I just don't think it excuses his behaviour. There's no excuse for being an ass!

Palmer loves a cheeky wee dance.

Psychotic
06-06-2015, 11:12 PM
A8tDhlW8_D4

Our hard work in alienating the girls has paid off because while visiting the Gold Saucer Barret knocks on our door late at night and we go on a date! I also show you how I got Great Gospel and the Umbrella but I guess nobody really cares about that when there's a sexy hunk of man meat like Barret ready, willing and able.

Raistlin
06-07-2015, 01:34 PM
I vote for Cid. Though I think Vincent would be the natural replacement with his higher magic stat and being otherwise useless.

Also I was amused at your fear of Wutai. Avoiding the Yuffie sidequest? :p

Psychotic
06-07-2015, 03:03 PM
I did a complete U-Turn on Wutai and I'm doing it next episode :shobon: I originally was going to say fuck it but then I figured we may as well get as much mileage out of Aerith while she's still, y'know...

Bubba
06-10-2015, 01:32 AM
Why does it take Cait Sith to say "I know people at the hotel. Let me talk to them."

Surely, an amusement park which has cut you off from the entire outside world will offer their hotel facilities for free?

That's like getting trapped at the top of The Big One at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, then some guy getting a crane up to you and saying "Yeah, you're gonna have to pay £50 if you wanna stay here for the night."

Psychotic
06-10-2015, 07:33 PM
The same amusement park that charges you 3,000 gil a pop to enter!

7ZiZit8M0L0

God damnit Yuffie. Can I express my hatred for all things Kisaragi? Stealing my materia, hiding in the stereotypical Asian town of Wutai and generally making a nuisance of herself. There's also the Turks on vacation, Da Chao fire mountain, that wacky wacky Don Corneo, his bizarre winged friend Rapps and strangest of all, a house entirely filled with cats.

Psychotic
06-13-2015, 03:03 PM
k2ml8ZyHgM0

Temple of the Ancients time! Is Tseng dead? He doesn't seem to have come off too well from his encounter with Sephiroth, although based on the Midgar Zolom's testimony, a maiming is getting off lightly. Plus puzzles and chasing guys down, I guess.

This is another one of those filler ones that you can probably skip if you've only got time for one video :shobon: Next time is the one with all the boss battles and Aerith slapping!

Raistlin
06-14-2015, 01:37 PM
I think I'm the only person in the world that actually likes the Yuffie sidequest, even despite her being a lying little thief. It may have helped that I only did it after I heard about the materia theft from friends, so it didn't surprise me.

I was wondering how many times the Ancient key guard could go into the exact same tunnel you did before you realized you just had to turn around and go back in. :p

Psychotic
06-14-2015, 02:14 PM
FUCK YUFFIE FUCK ANCIENT GUARD KEY GUY also fuck the house full of cats. I like cats but I mean that's just wrong.

Shauna
06-15-2015, 01:00 PM
All caught up, ready for some inevitable sadness! What better way to recover from jetlag than Final Fantasy VII and chasing crazy hopping hat guys.

I didn't mind the Yuffie sidequest when I did it, but then I struggle to remember chunks of this game and I only played it... a year or so ago? It made no impact on me, so it must have been fine.

Bubba
06-16-2015, 12:44 AM
Isn't it weird how people have such vastly different tastes on certain sections? I loved the Wutai side quest, I thought it was a great distraction. Much better than the godawful Temple of the Ancients. Just watching that was frustrating. I hate that mother-smurfing purple guy.

Also, I love the Door Bulls. You might say, they are adoorabull! HAHA!! GEDDIT?!!!

krissy
06-16-2015, 03:10 AM
WELL THIS IS AN INCONVENIENT PROJECT NOW HEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tusDU_qYCh0

:(

Psychotic
06-16-2015, 07:25 AM
Yeah guess I'm out of a job. xD I like to think the popularity of my videos made them do it.

Ayen
06-16-2015, 07:28 AM
Psychotic, when FFVII Remake comes out for PS4, you must do a Let's Play of it. It is your destiny!

But God help you if you talk during the cut-scenes!

Shauna
06-16-2015, 08:31 AM
Yeah guess I'm out of a job. xD I like to think the popularity of my videos made them do it.

Obviously! Squeenix pay attention to us, of course.

Jinx
06-16-2015, 02:57 PM
Okay, I need to get caught up on this now.

Psychotic
06-17-2015, 07:35 PM
There's no better time because NEXT time...! Oh man!

_a60A7scmvo

Oh Demon's Gate, you're the friendliest boss battle in history. Titan is going to give you what for, you ruffian! It's a boss battle double feature, as we also fight Red Dragon for the right to claim the Bahamut materia! As if that wasn't enough, Cait Sith DIES. Literally straight up dies. And Cloud slaps the hell out of Aerith, that wacky prankster. What shenanigans will he engage in next? Handing over an apocalyptic superweapon to a sociopathic villain? Ho ho!

Shauna
06-17-2015, 08:32 PM
"Let me handle Sephiroth" says Aerith. Cloud and the gang head back home and leave it up to her. Everything ends up okay and the world is saved.

OR THAT OTHER THING.

Dat Matt
06-17-2015, 08:39 PM
There is only one logical choice for your next party member.

http://static.zerochan.net/Yuffie.Kisaragi.full.14306.jpg[/img]

Psychotic
06-20-2015, 05:11 PM
QycvIwRwBT0

You all knew it was coming. Yes, the Death of Aerith is nigh. Not that I will let her go gentle into that good night, of course, not without pointing out the inconsistencies in Sephiroth's gloves. Also Bone Village failure and whining about Comet in the Forgotten Capital.

Jinx
06-20-2015, 06:55 PM
good riddance

Shauna
06-20-2015, 07:57 PM
I was trying to have the many feelings that should come with this scene - however I couldn't stop staring at Sephiroth's arms.

http://i.imgur.com/TOA6uVD.png

RIP in peace, Aerith. May your sacrifice not be in vain.

...leave Sephiroth to her, my butt.

Aerith's Knight
06-21-2015, 05:27 PM
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130915141124/austinally/images/5/51/Lie_down_try_not_to_cry_cry_a_lot_cleaned_525.jpg

Bubba
06-23-2015, 08:01 AM
The music playing over this fight still gets me.

On MissH's first playthrough of this, she managed the reasonably impressive task of not finding out about Aeris' death. I was a bit worried actually because Aeris was by far her favourite character. I advised her to equip the Water Ring so she was always going to win this fight but she was all over the place for about 10 minutes. She was just in a state of shock.

While it wasn't nice seeing her like this it still amazed me how powerful a moment it still is nearly 20 years after the game was released

Psychotic
06-24-2015, 08:18 PM
iSFiWp99ucY

Because what we needed to get over the brutal death of Aerith was the brutal death of her father. Ah, Icicle Inn, full of whimpering, weeping, and Turks who just can't throw a punch. I forbid any and all comments on my snowboarding ability.

Shauna
06-24-2015, 09:03 PM
Ladders :argh:

RIP snow chocobo :(

Formalhaut
06-24-2015, 11:27 PM
In the course of the past four days, I have been steadily catching up from the very first episode all the way to this one right now, because I've only just returned recently. Naturally, I have many many comments about all the episodes but for the sake of brevity I think I'll let them lie. :p

And Psy, I've forgotten your voice! It's... heavenly! It's such a good voice-over voice. When you feel sadness during the sad parts of the game, I can literally hear it in your voice. It's very expressive.

Anyway, I'm all caught up now, so yay. It is interesting watching you play the game 'normally'. I've only ever done one playthrough and I used a few secrets like the Junon Leveling Trick to stay ahead of the curve. And I also rotated my team quite a fair bit and never had someone in my party for too long.

Finally: I've forgotten how funny Barret is :lol:

Raistlin
06-25-2015, 04:13 AM
... three times down the ladder? xD Also it was totally worth it, because Magic Plus is a powerful materia that can turn anyone into a legit magic user at higher levels (and turn Cloud into a powerhouse).

RIP snow chocobo :(

I think we discovered the true reason for Cloud needing a wheelchair in disc 2: latent brain damage from snow boarding.

Ayen
06-25-2015, 04:16 AM
I remember that minigame. I don't remember how well I did, though. Probably means I was terrible at it.

Aerith's Knight
06-25-2015, 07:06 AM
I think we discovered the true reason for Cloud needing a wheelchair in disc 2: latent brain damage from snow boarding.

I would advise Psy never to go on a ski vacation.

halfway down the mountain: "I DONT KNOW THE CONTROLS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Psychotic
06-25-2015, 08:25 AM
... three times down the ladder? xD I... don't want to talk about it. I cut out the second time which is a shame because this was my reaction (actually lifted from the unedited audio track): http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ibmHi9Jl2d

BONUS CONTENT FOR YOU ALL

Formalhaut
06-25-2015, 02:07 PM

Who says you don't treat us Psy :p

Aerith's Knight
06-25-2015, 07:50 PM
I... don't want to talk about it. I cut out the second time which is a shame because this was my reaction (actually lifted from the unedited audio track): http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ibmHi9Jl2d

I actually did it twice in a row once. I don't think I've been that annoyed at a video game before.

Psychotic
06-27-2015, 04:27 PM
RrOP3hBMTAA

SPLAT! Ugh, we've landed in the Great Glacier. Traversing the icy wilderness is difficult enough until we encounter a terrible hag who is actually kinda... sexy? Mr. Run Away From Responsibility Holzoff gives us advice on how to climb Gaea's Cliff through jogging or something, and we encounter the infamous Malboro.

Bubba
06-27-2015, 04:38 PM
Watching the latest instalment on the way to my gig tonight :D

Elena was a lot hotter in the original FFVII. She didn't look like she'd just eaten another human being then.

http://home.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65035&stc=1

http://home.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65036&stc=1

Raistlin
06-27-2015, 07:11 PM
The Materia Keeper-style enemies in the Glacier have the Magic Breath Enemy Skill, which is a great spell -- arguably the most powerful Enemy Skill attack until Shadow Flare. IIRC, the only other place to learn it is the North Crater.

I want to touch this. Where do we touch it?

:erm:

Bubba
06-27-2015, 07:31 PM
Quotes taken out of context:

I've got all these slots, man. I need to fill them up with something

Quotes that are a bit silly:

Man, Cloud is so small!

No mate, he's just far away.

Aerith's Knight
06-28-2015, 10:08 AM
I really wanted bad breath. *press attack 8 times*

:facepalm:

Psychotic
06-28-2015, 10:47 AM
Well I'm not gonna sit there and let it kick my ass!

I got it though don't worry everything is fine. Magic Breath too. All the Breaths!

Psychotic
07-01-2015, 08:17 PM
8iZZ86q-fQQ

More shenanigans from inside Gaea's cliff. Does this sodding cliff ever end? Well, yes, yes it does, but not before fighting a two headed dragon. The Schizo Twins aren't pleased to see us. Still, with the cliffs behind us I'm sure we can find relative safety in the Whirlwind Maze, right?

Bubba
07-02-2015, 08:07 AM
I'll catch up with this once my internet is back up and running. Been charged an extra £20 this month on mobile data :mad2:

Formalhaut
07-02-2015, 02:01 PM
With Kjata, basically it attacks with lightning, ice and fire in that order, before revealing itself and attack normally. If an enemy is immune or absorbs any one of those elements, the entire attack is nullified or absorbed. That's the source of your Kjata troubles there.

EDIT: the black cloaks remind me of lemmings, actually. They both have a one-track mind.

Psychotic
07-04-2015, 03:01 PM
Fb78seJxVsk

Our visit to the scenic Whirlwind Maze is spoiled when Sephiroth turns up and cosplays as Tifa. He also sets his mum on us, though Jenova DEATH is quickly dispatched. Shinra show up too and it's a whole circus of insanity as Cloud learns the truth, the REAL Sephiroth (sort of like The Real Ghostbusters) makes his debut and the imaginatively named Weapons emerge just to make everyone's lives better.

Formalhaut
07-04-2015, 08:04 PM
I always found these scenes difficult. I know it's only text based, but I swear you can feel Tifa's hesitation and reluctance in this scene. The point where Cloud goes from "Pfft, yeah, all illusions mate" to "Please give me the Black Materia" is chilling.

Shauna
07-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Well done on the limit break thirty-nine episodes in

Also, just to throw it out there... official pronunciation of Bahamut iiiiisssss

Bahamut or Bahamoot (/bəˈhɑːmuːt/ bə-HAH-moot; Arabic: بهموت‎ Bahamūt)

Honestly, I think I flip-flop between pronunciations of Bahamut, depending on how I'm feeling.

Formalhaut
07-07-2015, 12:26 AM
One thing I do notice, watching through the FFVII LP is that the characterization of any character you don't bring along for the ride gets abandoned. Outside of scenes where they are mandatory characters (in their personal story) if you don't bring them along, they are left behind. Even when they're present, all they really do is comment on what's going on.

I hope the remake fleshes out the characters who aren't Cloud and Tifa better, in my opinion.

Psychotic
07-08-2015, 08:50 PM
One thing I do notice, watching through the FFVII LP is that the characterization of any character you don't bring along for the ride gets abandoned. Outside of scenes where they are mandatory characters (in their personal story) if you don't bring them along, they are left behind. Even when they're present, all they really do is comment on what's going on.

I hope the remake fleshes out the characters who aren't Cloud and Tifa better, in my opinion.I think it'll be tricky to do unique dialogue for all the characters in each situation.

48h8j1n3_wM

Scarlet proudly announces on live TV that she is going to execute Tifa to placate the masses, failing to see the obvious flaw in her plan. You know those guys who try to get on TV by holding up "HI MOM" signs? Imagine if one of those was a 200ft rampaging monster and you've got a good idea of what's coming next. Barret, Cait Sith and Yuffie pursue their dreams of a career in journalism, Tifa has a catfight and Cid encourages a mutiny. It's all going down!

Jinx
07-10-2015, 02:27 PM
So wait, I've never understood: Is Cloud really a real person with Zach's memories? Is he actually from Nibelheim? Or is he some weird goo monster?

Shauna
07-10-2015, 02:47 PM
Cloud is a real person with his own memories and he is from Nibelheim (hence why Tifa does have memories of him), but with mako mumbo jumbo he got muddled with Zack. He does get better after his invalid state.

Jinx
07-10-2015, 02:49 PM
Okay, I just never understood if he was ACTUALLY Cloud just with Zach's memories or what.

Also, fun fact: my dog does NOT enjoy the cries of the planet/WEAPONS' cries.

Bubba
07-10-2015, 03:05 PM
Funny, I find the cries of the planet quite soothing. Does that make me a monster?

Psychotic
07-10-2015, 03:22 PM
No, all of the murder does that.

Jinx
07-10-2015, 03:23 PM
Hey, just so you know, video #40 is no longer working.

Psychotic
07-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Thanks, I think I fixed it.

Raistlin
07-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Even when I was 12, the slap fight between Tifa and Scarlet bothered me. Tifa was a badass kickboxer, and she was letting some skanky bureaucrat get in a slapping contest with her. I didn't even think "sexist," just "punch the bitch's lights out."

Ayen
07-11-2015, 06:57 PM
I never got to see this part of the game because I only ever played it on the PlayStation which doesn't have this scene.

Psychotic
07-11-2015, 07:14 PM
I never got to see this part of the game because I only ever played it on the PlayStation which doesn't have this scene.???

It does? :confused:

Ayen
07-11-2015, 07:17 PM
I never got to see this part of the game because I only ever played it on the PlayStation which doesn't have this scene.???

It does? :confused:

Does it? I was under the impression it was a PC only thing. I never saw it in any of my playthroughs.

Jinx
07-11-2015, 08:08 PM
It's definitely on there! That's weird you didn't see it!

Mirage
07-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Maybe he is one of those fake gamer guys that don't really play the games they talk about.

Ayen
07-11-2015, 08:39 PM
It's definitely on there! That's weird you didn't see it!

Must be an optional thing, then. I played through the main quest back when I beat it.

Jinx
07-11-2015, 08:58 PM
Nope, it's definitely obligatory.

Ayen
07-11-2015, 09:11 PM
I remember everything leading up to the slap fight except the actual slap fight. Scarlet must have slapped me pretty hard.

Psychotic
07-11-2015, 09:19 PM
jrYEmGTPJuE

Tifa's reign of terror as party leader is all too brief as we encounter our old pal Cloud (and a white chocobo) in the town of Mideel and he's not looking great. Cloud, that is, not the white chocobo. That little fella is running wild. Cid takes the reigns and we have an adventure in Corel to stop a train crashing into it. Do we succeed?

Raistlin
07-12-2015, 04:23 AM
I've only ever played FF7 on the PS1, and the slapping contest is definitely in it. I believe you're not required to win it, though, and the game continues even if you lose.

Raistlin
07-12-2015, 02:42 PM
So I just got caught up. This episode left some important questions:

1) Where the hell did all of your gil go? I didn't realize hookers and blow in Junon were that expensive.

2) How the hell did you stop the train when you barely touched the controls?

Psychotic
07-12-2015, 04:08 PM
1) Episode 44

2) Fuck knows but I'm not going to complain.

Jinx
07-12-2015, 04:45 PM
I'm actually irl mad you saved the town.

Shauna
07-12-2015, 07:06 PM
We are never laughing and cruel and mocking at your incompetence!

Ayen
07-13-2015, 06:29 AM
2) smurf knows but I'm not going to complain.

If I had a nickel for every time I've been in a similar situation.

Bubba
07-13-2015, 09:44 AM
I'm just constantly two behind with this bloody thing... I'll try and catch up tonight.

Psychotic
07-15-2015, 10:11 PM
5RRFPi0d_pM

Fort Condor is in trouble. The huge materia there needs defending but Shinra troops are marching to reclaim the reactor. The proud citizens of Fort Condor call upon the random pilot to help save their condor or phoenix or materia or whatever.

Shauna
07-15-2015, 10:24 PM
I remember this part of the game. But I did none of the RTS stuff. Is that even possible?

Psychotic
07-15-2015, 10:51 PM
I remember this part of the game. But I did none of the RTS stuff. Is that even possible?I guess you could just run out there yourself and do combat.

Jinx
07-16-2015, 12:34 AM
I love the Fort Condor missions. What I don't love is that if you don't know when to do them, you miss them.

Bubba
07-16-2015, 08:27 AM
I really can't see the Fort Condor mini-game making it into the remake.

Shauna
07-16-2015, 08:40 AM
I remember this part of the game. But I did none of the RTS stuff. Is that even possible?I guess you could just run out there yourself and do combat.

Can you just fight them yourself? That is probably exactly what I did then. xD Ain't nobody got time for that slow-ass tower defence.

Karifean
07-16-2015, 06:03 PM
You even get rewarded for failing the RTS part and just fighting the commander directly, cause then you get his item drop which is an Imperial Guard, a very strong armor (in pure defensive stats second only to the Ziedrich), one of only two in the game.

Raistlin
07-18-2015, 02:40 PM
The first disc of FF7 is great, and I would consider it among the top JRPG experiences. Despite that, the second disc goes all to hell in a number of ways, not the least of which is the writing team giving up on providing any coherent explanation for plot movement. "Oh no, the Shinra are going to try to use these Huge Materia to stop Meteor, which is the only plan anyone has so far to try to do so! We need to forget about Sephiroth and Meteor for now, focus on stopping Shinra, and collect these Huge Materia so we can look at how pretty they are in Cosmo Canyon!"

Ok.

Psychotic
07-18-2015, 03:24 PM
xCUBg2wzp0w

Another trip to Mideel sees it being attacked by Weapon... uh oh. Luckily Cid and the gang can stop it! Hurray. But then there's a Lifestream induced earthquake... uh oh. Cloud and Tifa then have a wacky hallucinatory adventure inside his psyche. 'cause, y'know, that's what friends are for.

Ayen
07-18-2015, 04:27 PM
The first disc of FF7 is great, and I would consider it among the top JRPG experiences. Despite that, the second disc goes all to hell in a number of ways, not the least of which is the writing team giving up on providing any coherent explanation for plot movement. "Oh no, the Shinra are going to try to use these Huge Materia to stop Meteor, which is the only plan anyone has so far to try to do so! We need to forget about Sephiroth and Meteor for now, focus on stopping Shinra, and collect these Huge Materia so we can look at how pretty they are in Cosmo Canyon!"

Ok.

Our heroes, everyone.

Seriously, how did Shinra become the good guys?

Shauna
07-18-2015, 04:42 PM
Man, Tifa is such a bitch.

Psychotic
07-22-2015, 08:23 PM
6QLIgwi-3kk

I sort of intended this to be a guide on how to breed a gold chocobo but incompetence and stupidity win the day. Who doesn't want to see me attempting to race and breed chocobos and collect the Knights of the Round materia? Probably everyone...

Bubba and Shauna have sex and also this is where all the money went.

Bubba
07-23-2015, 10:20 AM

I didn't think she would agree to this again after I was such a disappointment last time :(

Shauna
07-23-2015, 07:13 PM
I accept you did the reels! I am almost certain I congratulated you (cannot say that it wasn't backhanded).

I didn't think she would agree to this again after I was such a disappointment last time :(

I heard you were great! And I mean, I'm pretty good too.

Jinx
07-23-2015, 08:13 PM
Haha, nice LotR quote in the last video, Paul. :jess:

YOU NAMED ONE AFTER ME :D I'm such a good lil Chocobo :3

AHAHAH CLOUD HAS MOUNTED ME IT'S A JOKE heueueueueue

you released me :(

Fun video. I've actually never bred chocobos in this game, so I like the guide, actually. Also, do you know you have 8 minutes of dead air after the video finishes? :lol:

Psychotic
07-23-2015, 08:24 PM
Well, now I know that. Time for a replacement :shobon:

Psychotic
07-25-2015, 03:18 PM
bx8Pl76SZpI

Under the Sea! Under the Sea! Lots of adventures with Cloud Strife, Barret and Yuffieeeeeeee! Yes I will be singing Under the Sea with awful lyrics in a terrible way and no I don't care if you abhor and condemn it for the vile warbling that it is. Our Huge Materia hunt takes us to the Junon Underwater Reactor which has a sweet aquarium tunnel. Unfortunately Reno and Carry Armor are waiting and so we have to hijack a sub to take down the red leader submarine. As you do.

Jinx
07-25-2015, 04:45 PM
Hey, it's Mr. Dolphin! Hullo there!

Psychotic
07-29-2015, 07:48 PM
8UqSMeXcGsE

last off! After an encounter with Rude at Rocket Town, Cid Highwind finally achieves his dream of going into outer space thanks to Palmer somehow coming back from the dead. Can we get to the Huge Materia before it gets smashed to smithereens?

Jinx
07-29-2015, 10:26 PM
You know, I forgot to say, Paul: the episode where you did chocobos was my favorite. The voice over when you had no idea what was going on was hilarious. I'd like to see you do it again.

Are you planning on fighting all the WEAPONs?

Comedy > Materia growth

Actually, the Mop stuff reminds me of Joachim in Shadow Hearts who is a gay vampire and his weapons are just found objects (you can also buy, but you can find all of his weapons for free). Like a mailbox, or a metal pipe. I like the pipe, because he says, "I can feel the gratitude of the cats who found shelter in this pipe during a storm!" and kooky shit like that. God, I want to play that game again. :(

Also, Cloud, if you're motion-sick, it's best to stay in the middle of the room.

Psychotic
07-29-2015, 10:39 PM
Thank you, maybe I will xD

Yes, I will do the WEAPONs! Hell, maybe I'll combine that and narrating after the fact. I could get a special guest (ONE OF YOU PEOPLE IN INTERNETLAND) to joint narrate the video with me. I kind of think me spamming Knights of the Round and Mime will be boring otherwise!

mop 4 lyfe

Jinx
07-29-2015, 10:50 PM
Can I do it with you :3

Or maybe of whoever is interested, a guest for each WEAPON?

I CALL EMERALD

Ayen
07-30-2015, 01:44 AM
I have a working mic and some free time, and can pimp you out to my followers. I also have the added comedy bonus of sounding like Sylvester Stallone.

Either Ruby or Ultima for me.

Psychotic
07-30-2015, 07:20 AM
I was only gonna do Ruby and Emerald so that works.

I mean, I'm gonna fight Ultima too obvs but that one isn't as mind numbingly long or boring xD

Psychotic
08-01-2015, 04:19 PM
zIayokCvEjQ

We travel to the underwater location of the Gelnika, the sunken crashed plane we saw take off in the last episode. Of course Reno and Rude are aboard and are up for fisticuffs, as are the various Unknown monsters infesting the sunken Gelnika plane (which I keep calling a submarine because I'm dumb, please don't hate me) We also hook up with old man Bugenhagen again.

Jinx
08-03-2015, 12:31 AM
AHAHA you almost closed the game. That would've been amazing
Bad Breath AND Abnormal Breath. Very creative, SE.
The monsters in this location are really messed up.
One damage, what?

Shauna
08-03-2015, 08:42 AM
I remember some of this place. But it is all so hazy. I didn't even play this damn game that long ago. xD All these reactor-ShinRa-type places all look the exact same.

Psychotic
08-03-2015, 09:06 AM
AHAHA you almost closed the game. That would've been amazingNo it wouldn't!

Psychotic
08-05-2015, 09:52 PM
tYKqKXyXePQ

Bugenhagen makes us reach where the sun don't shine. Figuratively or literally? It shouldn't even matter. Anyway, them wacky Shinra have another one of their wacky plans to stop Sephiroth and shenanigans ensue when Diamond Weapon shows up to interrupt. Feeling left out, the gang rock up and give Diamond Weapon a jolly good thrashing. Shame about Rufus...

Psychotic
08-08-2015, 06:29 PM
ZZtWQEDrIW8

A parachute jump into Midgar? I mean, sure none of us have had formal training but what the hell. What could possibly go wrong! Endless toils through subway tunnels leads us to the Turks and a final showdown. I handle the battle like a pro, don't worry about it.

Mirage
08-08-2015, 06:43 PM
Mideel is a faster leveling spot than the gelnika. The enemies give roughly the same amount of exp but die much faster.

Psychotic
08-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Oh, huh, really? I use Mideel for pre-Temple of the Ancients grinding. Still, Gelnika does have the benefit of getting sources from morphing.

Mirage
08-08-2015, 07:07 PM
Depends on the source, but yes, there are a few that are hard to get elsewhere, such as speed or luck sources. Guard sources can be morphed from the much easier Spinel or whatever silver grey things around the brown soil near mideel, power sources can be morphed from the heavy tanks near the gongaga reactor (and is the only enemy to spawn there). I usually don't even bother with magic and spirit sources, as they are so slow to get from morphing those big HP enemies.

3-4 of those huge insect like things in mideel will be faster if you have slash all, as it should be possible to kill them all in one swift attack there. It's also safer and doesn't require you to heal hp/mp as often, which also takes a bit of time.

Jinx
08-08-2015, 11:13 PM
I was also going to ask where Greece is in this game. xD But there's a Texas and a Korea, so who knows?!
I love it under the ocean in this game. I also love the music.
But they were nomads!
So I don't know if it's ever explained: Does Aeris know what her materia actually does, or is she just really stupid?
Sick burn, Yuffie.
I have the hots for Rufus, so I'm glad he came back

Reeve has no face!
Oh, you saw that too.
Actually, I think the cat is normal sized, Barret. It's the deranged looking Moogle that's huge.
Yeah, with the Highwind's speed, the last jumpers will be miles and miles behind the first. xD
This is actually an excellent FMV.
No, those are coffee cups with cannons.
Missing Score sounds like some sort of music thing...but if it only appears he's there...who knows? I would think of it more as a name for a Tifa weapon, given her piano in her house.
A cannon probably smells like gunpowder or something similar.

Psychotic
08-09-2015, 08:26 AM
Venus Gospel is another musical name... that again sounds nothing like its owner's personality.

Shauna
08-09-2015, 09:49 AM
Maybe they decided to go with a musical theme for the super weaps? I don't know the rest of the names so this is most definitely likely to not be the case.

Psychotic
08-09-2015, 10:09 AM
The names are really pretentious actually xD Limited Moon, Death Penalty, Premium Heart, Conformer etc.

Shauna
08-09-2015, 10:10 AM
What does Limited Moon even mean.

Bubba
08-10-2015, 09:51 AM
Missing Score is what Liverpool FC had the last time they came to Old Trafford :chocobo:

What does Limited Moon even mean.

It's the new Twilight film where all the werewolves start claiming incapacity benefit.

Psychotic
08-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Finish the set and do a Premium Heart joke!

Psychotic
08-12-2015, 06:56 PM
5_MKyL5JNdA

All aboard the non stop boss battle train! Well, first we're going back to the Shinra HQ for a megaphone but y'know. First up is the tag team of Scarlet and Heidegger in the HP laden Proud Clod which we counter with our very own Cloud Clod. Then Hojo fancies a pop and does some fancy pants science mutations in true Resident Evil fashion. Mad scientists, eh? What are they like?

Mirage
08-12-2015, 07:28 PM
The thing at 0:45 is a slow attack :p.

I don't think I've commented on the character portraits yet.

They're all terrible.

Also, in case you didn't know, Missing Score increases damage the more AP you've got on the materia equipped on it.

Shauna
08-12-2015, 07:39 PM
Ugh that Hojo model will haunt be forever. He was like one of those Russian Matryoshka dolls!

Man, so you're close to rounding this up then, eh? Didn't realise how close you were to the finish line.

Psychotic
08-15-2015, 06:24 PM
EQlnRTgH7LE

Welcome to part 1 of the sidequest hour! We first give Ultimate Weapon a jolly good thrashing and have awful shenanigans in the awful Ancient Forest and it's awful. PLUS: Ultimate weapons galore! Vincent's backstory in Lucrecia's cave! Return to Midgar!

Shauna
08-17-2015, 11:03 AM
I actually really enjoyed the Ancient Forest. It was a nice change of pace with all the weird puzzley type things. I am sure I messed up something terrible when doing it... but yeah, fun.

Psychotic
08-17-2015, 11:38 AM
Thank you, maybe I will xD

Yes, I will do the WEAPONs! Hell, maybe I'll combine that and narrating after the fact. I could get a special guest (ONE OF YOU PEOPLE IN INTERNETLAND) to joint narrate the video with me. I kind of think me spamming Knights of the Round and Mime will be boring otherwise!

I have a working mic and some free time, and can pimp you out to my followers. I also have the added comedy bonus of sounding like Sylvester Stallone.

Either Ruby or Ultima for me.So Ayen seems to have taken a leave of absence from our lovely forum and I need someone to help! Does anyone fancy doing a Skype audio call with me while watching a video of me attempting to defeat Ruby? It'd just be yakking about the video and probably FFVII in general. :3:

Aerith's Knight
08-19-2015, 05:54 PM
Either Ruby or Ultima for me.So Ayen seems to have taken a leave of absence from our lovely forum and I need someone to help! Does anyone fancy doing a Skype audio call with me while watching a video of me attempting to defeat Ruby? It'd just be yakking about the video and probably FFVII in general. :3:

Sure, but you might want to consider using mumble. I've got a server you can use and it's better quality, no audio adjustments, and lower bandwidth usage.

Psychotic
08-19-2015, 10:36 PM
I already did it ALONE because EoFF HATES ME so SCREW Y'ALL except you dennis you're the only good one here also

6_1pfa-w35M

More sidequest action?! You better believe it! We're first going to climb the Pagoda in Wutai with Yuffie... it's all a little bit too easy. Oops, guess I shouldn't have powerlevelled. We also see Bugenhagen going on a journey and learn the backstory of Cloud and Zack through the Shinra mansion basement.

Bubba
08-19-2015, 11:39 PM
I've missed this due to the burdens of fatherhood... I DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DAY AND NIGHT ANYMORE.

I'll happily ridicule your efforts over Skype if you're planning on killing anything else. Even if it's just a Midgar soldier. That should give me enough time to shout "HAHA, YOU SUCK!"

I'm just gonna watch the last two as my time is extremely valuable.

EDIT: Just watched Part 1 of side quest hour. At point 9:06 to 9:30 you just sit there on the character screen. Why?? ANSWER ME, DAMMIT!! That is 24 seconds of my life I'll never get back. As was the time it took me to type all this crap out.

Also, for a breakdancer Vincent makes a pretty good vampireor non-ageing person/experiment or whatever the hell he is

Psychotic
08-20-2015, 08:16 AM
EDIT: Just watched Part 1 of side quest hour. At point 9:06 to 9:30 you just sit there on the character screen. Why?? ANSWER ME, DAMMIT!! That is 24 seconds of my life I'll never get back. As was the time it took me to type all this crap out. I am slowly sucking the years from people.

I assume it's something I just forgot to edit out but that's boring.

Aerith's Knight
08-20-2015, 04:15 PM
I already did it ALONE because EoFF HATES ME so SCREW Y'ALL except you dennis you're the only good one here also

What has the world gone to when I am considered the good one.

Anywho, on the current video.

1. transitions aren't seamless when you point. them. out. Dang it Paul!

2. In the pagoda: "I thought you were just a girl!" .. you go the second floor and who do you fight? A little girl. Man, that guy on the first floor.

Also, do you think that little girl is Santa? I mean, she did say "Ho ho ho", and seemed fairly jolly.

3. What are you feeding Yuffie, that she is exhausting after 2 hits? Butter sticks covered in bacon? xD

Also, did you just say: "At least he's got a nice couch" .. Yeah, wouldn't want to die on one of those uncomfortable ones.. :roll2

Psychotic
08-22-2015, 04:43 PM
hRK-8qYeD2k

Ruby Weapon showdown! Through the power of murdering Cid and Vincent, can Cloud power up enough to take down this awful fiend and its tentacles in order to acquire the Desert Rose? Plus rants about the battle system because I have to fill the time somehow.

Karifean
08-22-2015, 04:51 PM
Damn, what a thrilling fight that was.

Aerith's Knight
08-22-2015, 05:27 PM
Kinda looked like my final fights with Sephiroth, to be honest. Although I used mime to get it off multiple times.

Shauna
08-22-2015, 10:15 PM
I agree with many of your sentiments about the FF7 battle system. When I played FF7 not too long ago I felt that it was just... eh. You say that you used a lot of magic skills in FF7, I was the opposite and didn't stray far from the Attack button unless I really had to, and I really didn't have any problems at all in my playthrough.

I mean, people hate it, but in FFXIII I actually felt some engagement in many of the battles because for a long time you couldn't just mash X to win. Yes, once you get too powerful you can, but it takes ages to get to that point. And even then, I felt like I actually had to pay attention, which is more than I can say for FF7's battles.

Now I ain't saying that they should bring back FF13's system, because it was flawed in too many ways, but if they could do something with that level of engagement then I would be happy.

Bubba
08-22-2015, 11:37 PM
EDIT: Just watched Part 1 of side quest hour. At point 9:06 to 9:30 you just sit there on the character screen. Why?? ANSWER ME, DAMMIT!! That is 24 seconds of my life I'll never get back. As was the time it took me to type all this crap out. I am slowly sucking the years from people.

I assume it's something I just forgot to edit out but that's boring.

It was actually 48 seconds as once I experienced it... I had to go back and time it so I could post exactly how much of my time you wasted.

Looking forward to the Ruby battle :D

I will post my criticisms once I've watched it.

Dat Matt
08-24-2015, 10:34 PM
Look at this nerd, only using one attack to win the game. What a loser.

Oh.

Right.

Bubba
08-26-2015, 01:14 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much my tactic for beating Ruby Weapon too. However, rather than being on the end, I like to be in the middle and have a corpse either side of me. I don't know why, I just feel more comforted that way.

Very impressed by how much you could just chat away on your own. Kind of reminded me of my early twenties when I'd get home drunk at 4am and conduct an interview with my myself on behalf of Rolling Stone magazine.

Psychotic
08-26-2015, 07:01 PM
thuCccwelHI

Emerald Weapon's in town. I say town, he's under the sea. AND THIS SEA AIN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR THE BOTH OF US! With the help of Lucky 7's, Knights of the Round and my brand new co-commentator Samantha, Emerald has his end coming!

Karifean
08-26-2015, 07:35 PM
Yay All Lucky 7s, KotR and Mime, trivializing all challenge this game has to offer since '97.

Who the hell saves after beating a superboss!?

Shauna
08-26-2015, 08:08 PM
I beat Emerald Weapon without using KOTR. I did Ruby Weapon the same way as you, but I did something completely different against ol' Emerald. I am not quite sure what, but... obvs just too pro!

Psychotic
08-26-2015, 10:12 PM
4x cut and being level 99 might cut it but it's not really something you accidentally do. You would have to set out from the start to do that and grind hard for it, so you'd definitely remember.

Shauna
08-26-2015, 10:38 PM
That may have been it, because I was L99 by end game, with the three Master Materia and all that.

Bubba
08-27-2015, 07:22 AM
Ooof, you were close to being wiped then!

I normally use the same tactic with All Lucky Sevens on Emerald too. Your way of getting the last two digits to 77 was better than mine though. I normally battle fodder until one character is knocked down to 77. Will definitely use the Mini tactic on future playthroughs.

Psychotic
08-29-2015, 05:19 PM
iWJL6i52i3o

The episode begins with a touching moment where everyone learns in the power of friendship and to believe in themselves or something. That doesn't last long when we dive headfirst into the Northern Crater and encounter an assorted menagerie of Master Tonberries, Ahrimans and bright green treasure chests.

Shauna
08-29-2015, 11:20 PM
Cid should probably see a doctor about that terrible posture. No wonder he's so grouchy, that can't be comfortable!

Vincent is a terrible person, not bringing you goodies from his travels. Jerk.

And I was so happy when you arranged your items, it made me breathe easy for the first time. All those items being mixed with in-battle only items and equipment... *shudder*

Also gif is always pronounced with a hard G. Don't care what the original creator says.

Aerith's Knight
09-02-2015, 08:39 AM
Hurry, they're already on the floor above!

Who? WHO IS THERE? We just killed everything in this who frigging dungeon! This is why I'm taking you into the death pit Barrett!

Psychotic
09-02-2015, 06:32 PM
We never find out.

QGRxmbSHD6U

Beautiful scenery. Shame about the evil death alien tentacled sphere from outer space ruining the place. Still, she looks normal compared to her Bizarro wing-armed son. Honestly, what kind of a family is this?

Karifean
09-02-2015, 11:19 PM
Stop stealing my life goddamnit!

The Bizarro Sephiroth battle would be one of the most interesting final boss battles in any FF game if you couldn't just casually overpower the core's periodic healing.

Good old Pandora's Box glitching the PC version's game graphics by making invisible enemies visible for no reason.

Aerith's Knight
09-03-2015, 07:44 AM
"There's not enough spherical bosses in FF7. I like the spherical aspect."

You just like anything that reminds you of balls. :bigsmile:

Shauna
09-03-2015, 08:33 PM
Kabutops was in the original Pokemon games which were initially released in 1996 and FF7 was released in 1997 Kabutops existed for a whole 11 months before that boss did GOD GET IT RIGHT!! :argh:

I wonder if the guy who made this will go in and sort out the weird graphical bugs in this, some of them are fairly offputting. xD It's pretty neat otherwise!

Shout out to Yuffie and Tifa's idle swimming animation!

Haha Bizarro Enegy. Classic FF7.

Can't believe we're at the end already!

maybee
09-04-2015, 01:57 PM
Been catching up with this series and have been loving it so far. Just got up to episode 38 ? 2 Dragons 1 Cup lol.

Bubba
09-05-2015, 01:48 AM
Just catching up with the most recent two vids.

Vincent didn't bring you your Mega-All materia because you foolishly jumped past said materia at 26:21 and 26:28. You have to quickly grab it before it auto jumps you. Also, the save crystal won't work on that screen immediately preceding the descent towards Sephiroth. You'll need to go back a screen to use it.

Can't believe this has nearly finished!

Bubba
09-05-2015, 08:06 AM
Double-post because I'm a bad ass mother who don't take no shit from nobody.

The party doing their floating/dancing may actually be the highlight of the whole Let's Play. Yes, Cid and Yuffie were worthy contenders for best animation. However, please can we all take a moment to appreciate Red XIII from 10:01 onwards. If you can picture him riding a muscular thoroughbred down the home stretch of the Epsom Derby... it becomes the greatest animation of all time.

Psychotic
09-05-2015, 03:42 PM
ARE Y'ALL READY?!

lBv8ZewUxm4

One thing remains: A final showdown with the One-Winged Angel himself, Sephiroth. Still, that's just one small part of the problem. Meteor is going to come crashing down and there's still no guarantee Holy will work. Will the Planet be saved?

Thanks (as if the video thanks wasn't enough thanks you can have some more) and love y'all dearly. :aimkiss:

Shauna
09-05-2015, 04:08 PM
You kept building to that SUPER NOVA but it never happened and I was left disappointed. :(

But thank you very much for all your hard work providing us with 30 minutes of entertainment twice a week! It was rather enjoyable! I would comment about your poor playing overall, but my recent attempts at FFX-2 have left me humbled. :aimkiss:

These credits are terrible. Really terrible.

Also, you pronounced McHale as M-Chale. What the heck. xD I laughed for the rest of the video.

Looking forward to your next work! I am sure it'll be great whatever it is!

Psychotic
09-05-2015, 05:04 PM
No game overs whatsoever! You can fault my ability to complete minigames or pick up obscure bits of treasure but you can't deny I got style. :cool:

Shauna
09-05-2015, 05:22 PM
I thought there was one, but I guess I made that up to try make my failures less. :(

Aerith's Knight
09-05-2015, 05:27 PM
You ruined it.

Tiffa, tiffa, tiffa.. It's TIFA! You make her name sound like a detergent.

No moogle hug for you. :colbert:

Psychotic
09-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Make sure to get the Kaiser Knuckles attachment.

Bubba
09-06-2015, 03:34 AM
Beautiful.

I'm not joking when I say I thoroughly enjoyed that. Your commentary was excellent throughout and please accept my criticism as "banter".

I think a playthrough of FFVIII would be an outstanding career move at this point. At the very least, it would piss of Jinx to the maximum.

Aerith's Knight
09-06-2015, 09:31 AM
I think a playthrough of FFVIII would be an outstanding career move at this point. At the very least, it would piss of Jinx to the maximum.

Agreed. As long as you don't start singing Eyes on me.

Shauna
09-06-2015, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't rule that last part out.

Psychotic
09-06-2015, 11:02 AM
To be honest with you, I only wanted to do it so that I'd have an excuse to sing Eyes on Me, so...