PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play Final Fantasy VII Steam HD Graphics Mod

Pages : [1] 2

Psychotic
02-21-2015, 02:12 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/logo_zps82851459.png (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/photobucketamazingness/media/logo_zps82851459.png.html)

Let's Play Final Fantasy VII... in HD?! Using cloudystrife's FFVII graphical overhaul mod for Steam (http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=158899751), our PC edition of FF7 is now looking better than ever! So let's play Final Fantasy 7 and get all nostalgic as Cloud and the gang assemble to save the planet from Shinra and Sephiroth.

TTyi2tg3YiQ

In part 1 of Let's Play Final Fantasy 7 HD, Cloud bounces off a train and meets up with AVALANCHE: Biggs, Wedge, Jesse and the rather angry Barret as they plot to destroy the No 1 Midgar Reactor. After Shinra send both tentacle dogs and roboguards after them! These prove to be easy prey for Cloud and Barret, but will the Guard Scorpion allow them to escape after they plant their bomb...?

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/date_zps825e5cef.jpg

Even if you don't have time or whatever to watch videos, I'd still be grateful if you could answer a simple question for me!

Vyk
02-21-2015, 04:44 PM
Nice! I've always been curious about this mod. Its nice to see it in action. I've had FFVII on Steam downloaded for a long time. Ready to go for when I'm in the mood. This would probably make it an even more interesting venture

Egami
02-21-2015, 05:08 PM
Nice, watching this. Haven't really seen the HD mod of the game :p

As far as who you should date, maybe Yuffie?

Psychotic
02-21-2015, 05:55 PM
Thanks for watching and the support, guys! I appreciate it. :)

Yuffie eh? Interesting choice! On Twitter they were all going wild for Tifa!

Egami
02-21-2015, 06:01 PM
Hehe, yeah Tifa is my favorite too but just felt like going against the current :)

Colonel Angus
02-21-2015, 09:51 PM
That's a great graphics mod. More how FFVII should look like. #AdiosPopeyeArms

I also like the Cactuar sidebars. That would make an interesting theme for EoFF.

I'll throw in my vote for Tifa.

The way you pronounce "H" is like my grandmother. My cousin used to tease her about it all the time, trying to get her to say it. :lol:

Dr Unne
02-21-2015, 10:56 PM
I was pleasantly surprised by how nice this mod looks.

Dating Barret is the only real option.

Lawr
02-22-2015, 12:02 AM
I always had a crush on Yuffie as a kid so I think you should date her!

Psychotic
02-22-2015, 10:27 AM
Thanks for watching, folks. Hilariously nobody, and I mean nobody has suggested I date the flower girl.

Shauna
02-22-2015, 10:33 AM
Well she is a jerk.

Good start!

Mirage
02-22-2015, 01:59 PM
Guard dog? I always thought of those as guard cats. Very big cats, with tentacles, but still cats.

Psychotic
02-25-2015, 06:15 PM
Q1qDEdUlK7s

After beating the Guard Scorpion, Cloud and Barret have to escape the reactor before the bomb goes off. After bumping into Aerith the flower girl, Cloud train surfs and does a variety of gymnastics. Upon their return to Sector 7, Barret asks Cloud a very strange question. Tifa and Marlene await inside, but who does Barret mean...? ...Not Wedge, surely?

Egami
02-25-2015, 06:43 PM
Nice, another video :)
I think the modded character models look nice, even tho Barrett's looks a bit odd. So you didn't give the flower to Tifa...lost a couple dating points there! Decided on who you will take for the date already?

Psychotic
02-25-2015, 06:59 PM
Nice, another video :)
I think the modded character models look nice, even tho Barrett's looks a bit odd. So you didn't give the flower to Tifa...lost a couple dating points there! Decided on who you will take for the date already?
Going to have to add all the tallies up. There's a source in the Shinra building where you can get infinite dating points (positive or negative) for Tifa so you can really just do whatever you want to her until then. I think there's one for Yuffie in Cosmo Canyon too.

Shauna
02-25-2015, 07:09 PM
A "wee cheeky save"? That's our thing! :colbert:

Also the massive differences in quality between the player models and everyone else is a bit weird. I wonder if they could only do the high quality on those models. Like, Biggs and Wedge are less LEGO-y than they were, but they're not up to the same shine as Cloud and Barret. Although those ShinRa soldiers are looking pretty snazzy.

Gotta watch out for the creeps on the trains. Pretty Japan sentiment! x}

Why was that punk a cowboy.

Totes pronounced Teefa.

Psychotic
02-25-2015, 07:14 PM
Mine now :cool: Yeah it's weird the ones that were chosen for upscaling. So far, outside of playable characters and Shinra guards, Reno and Young Tifa also got the treatment. I think they were just cba with them in all honesty xD

Shauna
02-25-2015, 09:49 PM
I can imagine it would have been quite the task!

sharkythesharkdogg
02-25-2015, 10:01 PM
Dating Barret is the only real option.

Indeed.

Jinx
02-26-2015, 01:23 PM
Holy shit the NPCs verses the main characters. So bad. xD ahahahaha I can't decide if this mod is good or just really, really terrible.

Also, date Yuffie since you seem to hate her.

Also also, yes, it's Teefa.

Also also also, yes, they changed it for "jes'" to "jus'".

Psychotic
02-26-2015, 02:01 PM
As you will see, they have also changed some of the greatest lines in video game history. :(

Loony BoB
02-26-2015, 02:06 PM
I think every time you say "Tiffa" you should have to take a drink. That should make for an entertaining LP. :D

Teefa is correct.

The Shaunas and I watched this LP when they were over at our place. I agree with Shauna, the variations on what they chose to make HD and what they did not was weirding me out. Especially when they clearly upscaled battle backgrounds without upscaling the actual world environments.

Jinx
02-26-2015, 02:28 PM
Cloud is super HD, Barret is kind of HD, the rest of Avalanche isn't HD at all.

So, I'm assuming instead of his "Mako eyes" people will know Cloud was in SOLDIER because he actually looks decent.

Psychotic
02-26-2015, 03:05 PM
Fine, as of Episode... 5? I will say Teefa xD And then rant at you all for it.

Also yeah. Like, you can clearly see AVALANCHE and NPCs and stuff have been upscaled, and they're bigger and more detailed than they used to be, which is nice, but then compared to the main characters they're not and it is a bit odd. With the locations I usually don't notice it that much, but Aerith's house is really, really weird though as you'll see.

It's also sad they replaced the red Shinra guys (officers?) with generic soldiers.

Aerith's Knight
02-26-2015, 07:53 PM
I could've sworn your voice was.. deeper? More manly? Did you throw your voice while playing Halo 3? Or was the xbox mic so crappy it did that?

Still, I'll watch ever now and then.

Also, forever and ever I will vote for Aerith date. Because someone should.

Madame Adequate
02-26-2015, 08:05 PM
If you don't date Barret you deserve to date Steve in real life. :colbert:

PS should play with NT mod as well

Karifean
02-27-2015, 12:05 PM
PS should play with NT mod as well

^This^

Psychotic
02-28-2015, 02:43 PM
kqVrb5w6zqw

Exploring the Sector 7 slums and not doing much else. Still, who needs to explore when you have classic lines like "Finger?! What the hell?" and "Look for something called 'secret'" anyway? Not Cloud and the gang!

Jinx
02-28-2015, 03:34 PM
This video isn't long enough. :colbert:

Psychotic
02-28-2015, 03:53 PM
I think there's a penis joke to be made there somewhere...

Noted, though!

Colonel Angus
02-28-2015, 07:49 PM
Teefa & AeriS

Psychotic
02-28-2015, 07:53 PM
The first one will happen. Second one? Not a chance. It's canon, suck it up :cool:

Shauna
02-28-2015, 10:11 PM
Parenting? What's that?

Scotty_ffgamer
02-28-2015, 10:30 PM
I haven't watched the video yet, but I hope that you someday are able to find 'secret'.

Aerith's Knight
02-28-2015, 11:33 PM
Everytime you say "Tif-a", instead of "Tee-fa", it makes my skin crawl.

But it's alright, still entertaining. Still, the HD mod is kind of creepy when they zoom in. Although I remember the zoom in didn't really work on the polygon puppets either.

Psychotic
02-28-2015, 11:36 PM
Yes okay, I get the message about Tee-fa. xD I'll change from Episode 5 onwards (as I've already done 4), I super promise. Tee-fa still sounds like trash and y'all are wrong though. Just sayin'. :cool:

Oh, and let me know in advance how you want me to pronounce Yuffie while we're at it...!

Aerith's Knight
02-28-2015, 11:45 PM
For some reason I never really cared about how people pronounce Yuffie. I do it both ways, to be honest (that's what she said).

I've played through this game 4 times, and this is the first time I've seen Johnny before Costa Del Sol. Kind of sad really. I should play it again.

Jinx
03-01-2015, 12:30 AM
Yuffie, rhyming with roofie.

Shauna
03-01-2015, 12:31 AM
Yoo-fie.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-01-2015, 01:08 AM
Wait a moment! They took out the secret line! Whoever did that is the worst kind of human being imaginable. That was the best line in the whole game.

Skyblade
03-01-2015, 02:56 AM
Wait a moment! They took out the secret line! Whoever did that is the worst kind of human being imaginable. That was the best line in the whole game.

What line?

Scotty_ffgamer
03-01-2015, 03:02 AM
Well, it's my favorite from the Beginner's Hall.

"There's more too!
Look for something called secret!"

Psychotic
03-01-2015, 08:47 AM
I know Scotty. I know :( they also "fixed" another very famous line coming up shortly too.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-01-2015, 05:16 PM
These are the things that make me fearful of a FFVII remake were it ever to happen. My favorite aspects of VII would be missing most likely.

Karifean
03-01-2015, 07:16 PM
These are the things that make me fearful of a FFVII remake were it ever to happen. My favorite aspects of VII would be missing most likely.

On the other hand, if they actually made a voice-acted "This guy are sick" scene that would be amazing. :p

Aerith's Knight
03-01-2015, 08:02 PM

On the other hand, if they actually made a voice-acted "This guy are sick" scene that would be amazing. :p

Is there actually a way to deal with that guy? I always thought it might be some quest, but I never could find medicine.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-01-2015, 09:34 PM
There is nothing you can do with that guy, though I'm certain there were rumors about things you could do back when I was always reading ridiculous rumors about VII. They do make it seem like you could do something there though. I know all of my offline friends that have played the game wasted a good chunk of time trying to find some way of helping him despite the fact you couldn't.

Sephex
03-02-2015, 05:14 AM
It's Tifa not Tifa you idiot.

Psychotic
03-04-2015, 06:39 PM
5TNNK3Z8VRA

After pearls of wisdom from the train man, Cloud, Tifa and Barret board a train with the rest of AVALANCHE on their way to blow up the reactor... but disaster strikes - as always! - and a lockdown is triggered, all in the midst of an underwear bandit spree...

Last episode ever where I pronounce it Tiffa, enjoy it while it lasts.

Jinx
03-04-2015, 06:56 PM
I guess Shlup was right and Tifa's breasts are back-breaking after all.

Oh, hi. I'm just going to carry this bit of deadly waste around in my pocket.

Psychotic
03-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Jeez, I missed a good orthopedic underwear joke there, huh?

Also I intend to use the Deadly Waste in episode... hmm... I'm going to guess 15

Jinx
03-04-2015, 07:17 PM
I still think you should make the videos more like 20-30 minutes if you're only going to do it twice a week. ~15 just feels too short!

Psychotic
03-04-2015, 07:22 PM
I intend to record episode 7 (Psychotic working in advance yo) tonight or tomorrow and that's going to be a proper long un I reckon!

Jinx
03-04-2015, 07:24 PM
Oh, good! :) It can be difficult finding the right balance between too long and not long enough. Especially for games like this where the fighting is transitioning on separate screens.

Galuf
03-04-2015, 08:01 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/date_zps825e5cef.jpg

Barret!.... just cos i never seen it happen before.

Egami
03-04-2015, 08:12 PM
Oh another episode :)
I have to agree with Jinx, better make them a little longer :p

metagloria
03-04-2015, 09:14 PM
People say yoo-fie?!

There are two f's for a reason, folks.

Shauna
03-04-2015, 10:46 PM
:up:

I am not so bothered by the length of the episodes, they just feel like they're very suddenly cut off. xD Ah well.

The character models still weird me out, I will never get over this. Tifa's weird belly don't help.

Psychotic
03-04-2015, 11:26 PM
Well you guys I just did Wall Market and that's like a 40 minute episode. Is that cool, or...? :lol: I might move some material back an episode too.

Jinx
03-04-2015, 11:29 PM
40 minutes is fine! It's a little on the longer side, but it's better than 15 minute episodes. I think in general you should shoot for 30 minutes. As someone who has never done an LP, but watches them, 30 minutes is about as long as my interest holds out.

Psychotic
03-04-2015, 11:35 PM
The previous episode (6) was about 16 minutes so I might try to shove 5+ minutes from this one into that and then re-upload. 15-20 minutes is generally considered the sweet spot in the LP community but then I guess once people are involved in a long series like FF, longer ones are preferred. I'll aim for 20-30 in future.

Jinx
03-04-2015, 11:36 PM
Yeah, and that's part of it. This game is SOOOO LOOOONG. And it's not an action game. Where there is fighting, it's on a separate screen and it takes about five seconds to load. The rest of the game is exposition.

Sephex
03-04-2015, 11:41 PM
I would expect that RPGs would be longer videos. I say go for the longer cuts!

Psychotic
03-05-2015, 02:12 PM
Will do!

However, all this talk of length has distracted us from a very important issue. Underwear bandits. What. The. Fuck.

Shauna
03-05-2015, 03:15 PM
Really, what even Midgar?! :argh:

Jinx
03-05-2015, 03:34 PM
Remember, this game WAS made in Japan...

Psychotic
03-05-2015, 04:30 PM
Do they have them in Japan? Dan has never mentioned them...

Jinx
03-05-2015, 04:36 PM
They have vending machines where you can buy used panties, so I'm sure they do.

Psychotic
03-05-2015, 04:55 PM
They have vending machines where you can buy used panties, so I'm sure they do.Whoa whoa whoa, spoilers for Episode 7 of the Let's Play!

Aerith's Knight
03-06-2015, 05:42 PM
They took away the item in the vent! The fiends!

Or am I remembering that wrong?

And yeah, I always wondered how the hell they found each other after jumping of that train is slooooooow timing.

Dat Matt
03-07-2015, 03:57 PM
Right, so I'm here to support Paul and his case for "Ti-Fa"

How would you say Tiffany. Is it "Tee-fanny" or "Tif-fanny"

The answer is obvious.

Although Paul is still wrong and it's Teefa.

http://gifstumblr.com/images/after-spending-all-night-on-the-computer_1008.gif

Psychotic
03-07-2015, 04:06 PM
Well it's Tiffa no more!

NoEC9pZqutU

Cloud, Tifa and Barret plant their bomb but are stopped in their tracks by President Shinra himself and his latest toy, Airbuster. After a fierce battle, Cloud ends up taking a tumble and meeting the slum drunk and her flowers, Aerith. Unwelcome company in the form of the flower stomping Reno intervenes... I also have a breakdown at the start of the episode, Cloud style. Just 'cause.

Shauna
03-07-2015, 04:08 PM
You make an interesting point about Tidus/Tifa! It should be the same.

What do you mean there were other things happening in the video?

Psychotic
03-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Who knows what I mean when I say anything?

Aerith's Knight
03-07-2015, 09:05 PM
DID YOU JUST CALL AERITH A SLUM DRUNK!?

*cracks knuckles*

Do we need to have a talk?

Psychotic
03-07-2015, 09:13 PM
Well hey man I'm just being a good wingman. I neg her, you swoop in and make her feel good about herself.

Aerith's Knight
03-07-2015, 09:24 PM
Well, alright then.. I'll forgive you because you also believe in the "HOARD EVERYTHING IN CASE YOU NEED IT" philosophy.

I don't believe, in 4 playthroughs and at least 400 hours of gameplay, I've ever used one elixer or mega elixer.

Psychotic
03-11-2015, 07:39 PM
La5pU4iwr_Q

Cloud and Aerith escape the clutches of Reno of the Turks in the church, although Reno seems to think casually walking off constitutes fighting. Cloud does his best to help Aerith by helpfully pushing all of the wrong barrels down. Cloud and Aerith then make their way through Sector 5, where Aerith does not seem to think this guy are sick.

Dat Matt
03-11-2015, 08:31 PM
>"A wee cheeky save". A saying I made up all on my own.
> "A wee cheeky save, as they say in Ireland"

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8dbfyAcuU1r9dusdo1_500.gif

Shauna
03-11-2015, 08:37 PM
Man those models are absolutely tiny. They looked like miniature people (children, one could say) in that play park.

Psychotic
03-11-2015, 09:45 PM
MAKIN' IT PERSONAL!

Also yeah it's weird as on the church roof they're giant. Who knows what is going on?!

Jinx
03-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Those Hedgehog Pie look delicious.

They are definitely Tentacle Cats, and I've been meaning to correct you on that.

Okay, I understand they're poor and live in slums, but does that really mean that they should just throw garbage all about their houses?

ALSO, I THOUGHT THE CHURCH WAS THE ONLY PLACE FLOWERS GREW. WHAT THE HELL. WHERE IS THAT WATERFALL COMING FROM? HOW IS THERE SUN IF THE PIZZA IS BLOCKING IT?

Dat house interior, tho.

You can't run into the walls or anything else. Also, how stupid do you have to be to think the Turks came back TWICE? Also, who puts a rug on top of another rug?

God, that area! The wooden plank looks like it's attached to the top level of the part with the tube (hope I'm making sense) and that part fucked me up for a loooong time. Couldn't figure it out.

Also, video length was MUCH better this time!

Psychotic
03-11-2015, 10:46 PM
Yeah there's a really weird perspective at that wreckage area place that used to spin me out as a kid.

Also this is the one where I took 8 minutes (from Aerith's house!) from the next episode which was 39 minutes. JUST FOR YOU :aimkiss: They'll all be of a similar length or longer from now on. Well, the next few are anyway. Who knows what the future holds...!?

Scotty_ffgamer
03-12-2015, 05:35 AM
I haven't been able to keep up with this, but I have to say that Aerith is definitely the slum drunk. At least, that's what I say in every single play through. It's one of my favorite dialog choices in any game.

Aerith's Knight
03-12-2015, 06:34 PM
This is the first time I've seen the "being awful at Aerith dialogue". I'm not a fan. :colbert:

I demand you play the prequel after this and then you treat her as a lady. :doublecolbert:

Also, even in polygon form, the church size was already ridiculous.

Psychotic
03-14-2015, 06:41 PM
I6uHNa4pd1Q

Cloud and Aerith show up at Wall Market, learning that Tifa is at Don Corneo's manor. Only one thing for it! Cloud has to get a dress and cross-dress! Of course, that's not without a diversion at the Honeybee Inn, where Cloud is stripped naked by an army of muscle bound hunks led by the beautiful Mukki. Will Cloud join Mukki's Young Bubbys Club?

Aerith's Knight
03-14-2015, 10:32 PM
Bunny... suit... what? 0_o

TOO MUCH D IN THIS HD!

Scotty_ffgamer
03-14-2015, 10:51 PM
This is really the episode I've been most excited for. It's one of the most amusing parts of the game Thoughts as I watch it:

I never knew the shop was called Machine & Gun. I never noticed that ampersand until now.

I really like the word hooligan. I feel like it should be used more.

I love the guy who wants you to check out the vending machine. I always forget about that scene too. It's so odd.

Huh? Finger? What the hell?

I always feel terrible for the guy needing the bathroom.

Johnny!

Poo!

I should start introducing myself to people like that. "I'm Scott, a jack of all trades."

I don't think I'd ever noticed Cait Sith in there before!

Mukki! Cloud should have gone on the trip. I usually end up going with the other scene, even when I try to go for this one. I just forget which room gets which scene. (poik poik squish!)

This game really does have the best sound effects.

HD Girl Cloud seems to look a lot different than I remember in the original game. He wasn't a bunny girl in the original, right? It's possible that I'm mixing him up with the dress Aerith has.

Highly enjoyable episode!

Psychotic
03-14-2015, 10:58 PM
Bunny... suit... what? 0_o

TOO MUCH D IN THIS HD!Not enough D.

I never knew the shop was called Machine & Gun. I never noticed that ampersand until now.It's one of those FFVII translations I always tried to make sense of as a kid and assumed it was right and I was wrong, off course!!

I really like the word hooligan. I feel like it should be used more.Go back in time to 1980's England!

I should start introducing myself to people like that. "I'm Scott, a jack of all trades."Honestly, what the fuck was Cloud thinking xD I guess that spiel worked on Aerith so he thought that he'd found the golden ticket to get a woman to drop her panties.

I don't think I'd ever noticed Cait Sith in there before!Still don't think it's ever explained what he was doing there!

Mukki! Cloud should have gone on the trip. I usually end up going with the other scene, even when I try to go for this one. I just forget which room gets which scene. (poik poik squish!)FFVII: YOUNG BUBBY'S CLUB. (thump thump pound!)

HD Girl Cloud seems to look a lot different than I remember in the original game. He wasn't a bunny girl in the original, right? It's possible that I'm mixing him up with the dress Aerith has.Nope xD It completely caught me by surprise! Totes spoilers for the next episode they did the same to Tifa too.

Highly enjoyable episode!Thank you! One of my favourite ever to make xD

Aerith's Knight
03-14-2015, 11:32 PM
Not enough D.

Your decision to date Barrett suddenly becomes clear.

Psychotic
03-14-2015, 11:38 PM
You say "my" decision as if I didn't have a bunch of people on Twitter, YouTube and EoFF demanding I date Barret. I mean, I would've done anyway but that's not the point.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-15-2015, 08:57 AM
I don't think I've ever seen Cait Sith in that room before, either. It'll forever be a mystery what's going on through those keyholes.

Your reaction was the best when Big Bro punched that guy across the room. "ooooooooooooooo yeah" hahaha

Psychotic for best effeminate macho man impression 2015. You even worked in the word daddy when it wasn't there!

Shauna
03-15-2015, 07:34 PM
I learned many things that you can do in Wall Street in this episode. I usually just get the dress and the wig and call it there. Too eager to save Tifa obviously!

Never got cologne or tiaras or Honeybee Inn. None of that.

Psychotic
03-15-2015, 08:03 PM
Did you know that the Don could choose Cloud?

Also my OHHHH YEAAAAAHS are the manliest ever :colbert:

Jinx
03-15-2015, 08:29 PM
Wal*Market

The scaling on this game is fucking awful.

Did you know that, based on your video title, all of your related videos are really sexual ones? Gg, Psy. xD

I like Aeris' pink coveralls.

There's no Texas either!

"I've had better dog food." Harsh.

Disinfectant will clean her bum hole and deodorant will keep her from smelling like shit.

They've been in there ALL DAY and you haven't tried to find another toilet?!

SOUP DUDE

Mookie. Fuck you, Psy.

Pita...?

BURPING THE WORM, SHALL WE SAY

Eight...twenty-one...guess they didn't teach Cloud how to count in SOLDIER.

You forgot to get makeup!

Yeah, Cloud as a bunny girl is definitely a new thing!

Shauna
03-15-2015, 09:53 PM
Did you know that the Don could choose Cloud?

I did!

Psychotic
03-15-2015, 11:08 PM
Yeah I noticed that on related videos xD I was like "...fuck" :lol:

Also: http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/Mukki jog on with your Mookie :colbert:

Shauna
03-15-2015, 11:13 PM
Out of curiosity I looked at the related videos.

Oh my, enough to make me blush!

Psychotic
03-18-2015, 08:17 PM
dRIG5Tc7ec8

Cloud dresses up as a bunny girl to impress the sleazy lothario Don Corneo. Will the Don choose Cloud over Aerith and Tifa? The trio are then dumped into the sewers and forced to fight the rather unhygenic Aps. Aerith takes up theft (and is utterly bobbins at it) and Cloud unsuccessfully attempts to fight ghosts in the train graveyard.

Shauna
03-18-2015, 08:56 PM
ahahaha Reeve has weird gangly arms.

You are worse than Matt at reels. You have ONE THING to hit!

...I'm glad you redeemed yourself with that YEAH!.

I never realised the mechanic with the tsunami. I clearly am terrible at this game.

DAMMIT I TAKE BACK THAT REELS COMMENT.

rofl Aerith sucks.

graveyard is 2spoopy :(

ahahahaha way to go being great at the video game. I suppose the positive here can be that Aerith actually stole something.

Psychotic
03-18-2015, 08:58 PM
I know everybody will say "Yeah yeah excuses" but I'm pretty sure there's some input lag on the reels. I used to be great at it as a kid! ...maybe time happened to me.

Aerith's Knight
03-19-2015, 08:55 AM
Man, you suck at using Tifa's limit break.

Also, is it sad that this is the first time I've seen the conversation option after answering Um.. to Corneo's first question?

Psychotic
03-21-2015, 04:34 PM
FhmSgzks9Qs

AVALANCHE launch a desperate defence of the Sector 7 pillar at great cost. Unfortunately Reno is in the way, and Cloud, Barret and Tifa are forced to swing to safety after they learn Aerith has been captured by the Shinra. Among the ruins and rubble, they decide to tell Aerith's mother the bad news, and she provides them with a lengthy and sad backstory.

Shauna
03-21-2015, 05:31 PM
:crying:

Psychotic
03-24-2015, 08:31 PM
wA9aFoUc2Sw

Barret discovers what he terms the Golden Shiny Wire of Hope, and so the gang ascend this rusted piece of metal in an attempt to get to the Shinra HQ. Their climb is not finished there though, as they are forced to climb an ungodly amount of stairs and an exasperated Tifa says offensive things about the ever-complaining Barret.

Bubba
03-25-2015, 08:01 AM
Just watched the latest instalment. Trust me to pick the one with them spending the whole thing running up the stairs. You know, I'd totally forgotten about Teeeeeeeefa's "retard" line. I think it's because every playthrough, I run up, grab the elixir, run back down then kick some shit in the HQ.

The character models don't sit with me very well. Give me my characters with no mouths and loaves of bread for arms.

Shauna
03-25-2015, 08:18 PM
The music was very reminiscent of FF9, I think it was just the general upbeat nature of the music. FF7's music tends not to be terribly upbeat, it's generally quite morose, I suppose I'd say. FF9 on the other hand, even its "sad" music is a little bit more uplifting.

I go from being impressed by your skills (only two fails at jumping on to that rope?! Impressive!) to feeling many disappointed feelings (wow at that hiding behind statues). So much stealth required! Too many, one might say. And that Hit. :facepalm:

Avril Lavigne, Wild Wild West, NSYNC, Might Ducks... So many great references. xD

Psychotic
03-27-2015, 12:06 PM
The character models don't sit with me very well. Give me my characters with no mouths and loaves of bread for arms.I like 'em! Sorry about the lame episode, the last two have been amazing :shobon:

I go from being impressed by your skills (only two fails at jumping on to that rope?! Impressive!) to feeling many disappointed feelings (wow at that hiding behind statues). So much stealth required! Too many, one might say. And that Hit. :facepalm:THE SHAME :(
Avril Lavigne, Wild Wild West, NSYNC, Might Ducks... So many great references. xDI think I may be giving away my age...!

Shauna
03-27-2015, 12:11 PM
I think I may be giving away my age...!

I think we all are at this point. x}

Aerith's Knight
03-27-2015, 02:35 PM
Besides my first playthrough, it's never taken me more than one to jump on the rope.

Suppose that's an analogy for sexy times, I guess that doesn't reflect well on you, eh Paul? : )

Psychotic
03-27-2015, 03:28 PM
Just once Dennis, just once, before this is over, I'm going to have you leave a nice comment about one of my episodes!

Aerith's Knight
03-27-2015, 05:19 PM
Very well, you handle combat fairly competently.

*sarge voice* ...dirtbag.

Psychotic
03-28-2015, 03:37 PM
TtCeRRMbV10

More from the Shinra building! In which we get the Elemental Materia from Floor 62 by figuring out Mayor Domino's password puzzle, and we get all three item coupons (All Materia, Star Pendant and Four Slots) by strategically opening the right doors on Floor 63. It's not all walkthrough though - Cloud steps in a toilet and Aerith stinks. Because why not?

Aerith's Knight
03-29-2015, 01:29 PM
Did you really just pronounce Mako as Ma-koh, instead of May-ko? Handy remembering tool, it's not made from your mum.

...Although technically, I suppose it could be.

And yes, I know Japanese would probably say it like you, but let me be inconsistent, dang you!

Psychotic
03-29-2015, 01:45 PM
I thought I'd get some plus points from you for my puzzle solutions at least xD

Aerith's Knight
03-29-2015, 05:51 PM
First time I've actually seen the solution. Need to hide my own shame.

Shauna
03-31-2015, 06:26 PM
I have literally never done any of these things you did in the first 15 minutes of this episode.

Also just FYI, ^ is a caret.

Colonel Angus
04-01-2015, 01:27 AM
If it were canon, wouldn't they've changed it?

Psychotic
04-01-2015, 07:27 PM
ZW95vXbUo_c

Following the creepy (but with a great hair texture) Hojo leads us to the captive Red XIII and JENOVA. Hojo then attempts to mate Red XIII with Aerith but unfortunately this proposed union never takes place. Then just for fun he unleashes Sample:H0512 on us so enjoy a good strategy for winning this boss battle I guess. Oh, and then we get captured by the Turks.

Shauna
04-01-2015, 10:03 PM
The beds are fold away ones! Barret and Red's bed is on the wall. That ain't no radiator!

Bubba
04-01-2015, 10:42 PM
You fool! You only get one chance with a girl like Barret and you've blown it. Now you'll never get to experience the worst hand job of your life.

This episode features my favourite line from Hojo. "Are you going to kill me? I don't think that you should." That's enough to make any would-be killer go home and rethink their existence.

Also, they must have some pretty badass moths in Shinra HQ.

Colonel Angus
04-02-2015, 04:07 AM
If this video series proves one thing, Psychotic, it's that you'll never be able to buy pizza in Indiana.

Not that you would want to.

Psychotic
04-02-2015, 09:30 AM
I never noticed that Hojo line, that is ice cold.

Also it's okay, I can fake it enough for Indiana.

Aerith's Knight
04-02-2015, 10:21 PM
It's almost like they gave up on the floor with the cells, at least the first time. It didn't look very HD.

ERMAGERD, I'm a huge fan of blood. I was there when it was just plasma and that one hemoglobin. Oh, time sure goes fast. Next one will surely be a treat.

Psychotic
04-04-2015, 08:33 PM
w3t9K5YcL1Q

A veritable river of blood and our cells mysteriously open? Why, let's arbitrarily split up! Barret stays behind to "clean up" (what is he even) and Red XIII scouts on ahead so we're left to wade through the crimson tides. It would seem Shinra has a new sheriff, with young Rufus Shinra taking the wheel and he's thrilled to meet us. And then a non stop boss battle train to the face with Hundred Gunner, Heli-Gunner and Rufus (Gunner?) himself all lining up to be knocked right back down again!

Colonel Angus
04-04-2015, 09:51 PM
I tend to forget just how dark & "mature" this game is. Square really took a definitive turn when they made this game & it seemed to be the perfect time. I think a lot of people (like myself) who followed FF from the beginning were probably in their teenage years @ that point & it was the perfect game for their maturing sensibilities.

Psychotic
04-05-2015, 09:14 AM
Yeah, I think that element of it has actually been lost in the later games. Though you wouldn't get away with trail of blood not being rated 18 now I suspect!

Psychotic
04-08-2015, 06:32 PM
A609rzKRXWw

Mr Barret has a reputation to protect, don't you know? Like a scene from COPS, the gang piles into a battered old truck and makes a bid for freedom down the highway, the Shinra Corp's finest in hot pursuit. Cloud takes it upon himself to steer a motorbike while flailing a gigantic buster sword all about with a complete disregard for the Highway Code. And then to top it all off, Motorball awaits at the end. Will we ever make it to Kalm?

Shauna
04-08-2015, 07:28 PM
I like how the game cheated.

Do you not have Tifa in your party so you don't have to have the shame of not being able to do her Limit? ;D

INTERESTING COMBINATION INDEED.

Psychotic
04-08-2015, 07:49 PM
I want to use her limit to prove I can do it :( Tifa has bad stats though so she's not going anywhere near the party again.

Shauna
04-08-2015, 07:52 PM
Yeah, she is pretty terrible.

Aerith's Knight
04-08-2015, 10:25 PM
Tifa's stats are almost as bad as Psy's biking game skills. (oh no he didn'! *snap snap*)

Seriously though, I've never used Tifa if I could avoid it. Useless in melee, useless in magic... why does she exist again?

Right.. they needed boobs for when they brutally slaughter Aerith out of the game.

Colonel Angus
04-09-2015, 03:11 AM
You can use "Arrange" to not only switch Materia betwixt your characters (even the ones not currently in your party), but you can arrange them on the list.

Psychotic
04-09-2015, 08:22 AM
Tifa's stats are almost as bad as Psy's biking game skills. (oh no he didn'! *snap snap*)Dude I nailed it :colbert:

You can use "Arrange" to not only switch Materia betwixt your characters (even the ones not currently in your party), but you can arrange them on the list.Sir... I am in your debt. Though I've done a lot of advance recording over the weekend so you might not see that for a while xD

Aerith's Knight
04-09-2015, 08:35 AM
Tifa's stats are almost as bad as Psy's biking game skills. (oh no he didn'! *snap snap*)Dude I nailed it :colbert:

Then I guess you'll be getting max score at the the golden saucer game, won't you? :doublecolbert:

Psychotic
04-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Yes, as it happens, I did. :)

Shauna
04-09-2015, 11:02 AM
spoilers!

Psychotic
04-09-2015, 12:02 PM
:shobon:

Do you guys actually want a Gold Saucer episode, by the way? Like, I went there and played all the games - and did very respectably, I might add! - but I don't know if you want to watch me playing mini games xD

Shauna
04-09-2015, 01:04 PM
I don't see why not. A little diversion episode! :3

Aerith's Knight
04-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Mog house needs to be there, it isn't golden saucer without KUPO NUTS... KUPO!

Shauna
04-09-2015, 10:12 PM
5SBNlWG9Zo8

Bubba
04-10-2015, 02:45 PM
I'll definitely be fast-forwarding Mog House if you played that. Unless you do something ridiculously awesome like feed him till he explodes?

EDIT: Just catching up. Watching episode 13 now. Best quote I've ever heard from Psy at 1:40

"Alright ladies, if I can ever get back into you"

Smooth.

Colonel Angus
04-11-2015, 05:32 AM
It's not a matter of wanting Gold Saucer content, it's a matter of NEEDING it.

Of course, the answer to that is a capital Y yes.

Bubba
04-11-2015, 09:32 AM
Tifa's stats are almost as bad as Psy's biking game skills. (oh no he didn'! *snap snap*)

I must be awful then because I thought he did pretty well! Definitely got stitched up with the change in camera angle

So the next instalment is the Kalm flashback? Your commentary will need to be top notch here, Psy. Can't imagine it being the most popular episode!

Aerith's Knight
04-11-2015, 11:03 AM

I must be awful then because I thought he did pretty well! Definitely got stitched up with the change in camera angle

Hmm, it always came kind of natural for me, the sword delay and positioning. Okay, fine, maybe you beat the curve, Psy, BUT IS THAT ENOUGH? :colbert:

Bubba
04-11-2015, 11:22 AM
When G Bike is released we need to have an EOFF tournament. Then Aerith's Knight can put his money where his mouth is ;)

Psychotic
04-11-2015, 03:40 PM
So the next instalment is the Kalm flashback? Your commentary will need to be top notch here, Psy. Can't imagine it being the most popular episode!Well even if my commentary isn't, nobody can say my piano playing isn't top notch!

4wzAdNpHKj0

A flashback within the safety of Kalm's inn sees Cloud explain what the REAL crisis for the planet is: why does Tifa wear orthopedic underwear and is it possible to play Yuffie's theme on Tifa's piano? Oh and I guess this Sephiroth fella we've heard so much finally makes his first physical appearance but who cares about that?

Colonel Angus
04-11-2015, 04:54 PM
its been a long time since i've gotten far in this game, so i'm a bit confused. was cloud zack in the flashbacks, or was he cloud?

Psychotic
04-11-2015, 05:21 PM
He was kind of a hybrid of the two. Their arrival at Nibelheim and him actually being excited as well as having their photo taken was pure Zack. But then visiting his house and Tifa's house as well as rescuing Tifa and confronting Sephiroth (as you'll see) is all Cloud.

Colonel Angus
04-11-2015, 07:18 PM
ok, then it was just a distorted memory. was the other SOLDIER who followed them Cloud?

Psychotic
04-11-2015, 07:24 PM
The shinra guy? Yeah that was Cloud. I think that's why they make a point of having the other one die.

Colonel Angus
04-11-2015, 07:30 PM
The shinra guy? Yeah that was Cloud. I think that's why they make a point of having the other one die.
I thought those two were SOLDIER, maybe rookies or something. I'm surprised Tifa survived the fall. Its as if she has some natural padding... :bounce::bounce:

Shauna
04-11-2015, 07:38 PM
The poster says MILF

Aerith's Knight
04-11-2015, 10:28 PM
I'll admit the piano bit was... Ah fudgepops, it was good.

Bubba
04-11-2015, 10:37 PM
I actually thought the timing on Yuffie's Theme was a little off.

I usually crack out Bloody Tears when I get to this point. You need to up your game, Psy.

The poster says MILF

It actually does. This has made me think about Cloud's relationship with his mother in an entirely different way

McLovin'
04-12-2015, 05:40 AM
Need more :ohdear:

Psychotic
04-12-2015, 09:42 AM
I actually thought the timing on Yuffie's Theme was a little off. Yeah it's tricky as fuck because it's not intuitive or natural and you actually have to think instead of just feeling it as you would on a normal piano.

Aerith's Knight
04-12-2015, 11:02 AM
The poster says MILF

It actually does. This has made me think about Cloud's relationship with his mother in an entirely different way

Why would you ruin this for me? What have I ever done to you? :whimper:

That's it, I can never go into that house again during the flashback.

Shauna
04-12-2015, 11:05 AM
:shrug:

I ain't sorry.

Psychotic
04-15-2015, 07:32 PM
HMKEi4ked6Q

Sephiroth is an angry man. A very, very angry man. So much so that he decides to play with matches and burn Nibelheim to the ground. Cloud watches on in horror, especially as he sees Sephiroth walking through the fire and flames in a dramatic fashion. He's just showing off, really. Can Cloud rescue Tifa, stop Sephiroth and tell his story to his friends in a cohesive manner? Tall order, Mr Strife, tall order.

Freya
04-15-2015, 08:57 PM
I just jumped to the 7 min mark in the middle to see how it looked and omg his walk, omg i'm giggling at work. someone shh me

fat_moogle
04-16-2015, 02:28 AM
I just jumped to the 7 min mark in the middle to see how it looked and omg his walk, omg i'm giggling at work. someone shh me
Hahah!! xD That's great :D

Aerith's Knight
04-16-2015, 04:51 PM
He looked like a skinny oompa loompa walking like that.

Colonel Angus
04-16-2015, 05:48 PM
so, cloud was himself @ this point? I know when he faced off Sephiroth in Jenova's room he was Cloud, but whatever happened to Zack?

Psychotic
04-16-2015, 05:52 PM
I think he got his ass kicked.

Aerith's Knight
04-16-2015, 07:25 PM
Zack got his ass kicked, Sephiroth walks out like a boss, Cloud stabs him in the back, gets stabbed, makes sephiroth fall into the mako, then Zack miraculously wakes up and the tank adventure begins.

Sounds a lot more ridiculous when you write it out.

Colonel Angus
04-17-2015, 12:55 AM
One more thing. Tifa was there for most of the stuff that happened in the flashback, so why didn't she call-out Cloud's BS when he pretty much replaced Zack w/ himself?

Psychotic
04-17-2015, 08:28 AM
She does kind of insist Cloud tells the story. But then she probably does have hazy memories of Cloud saving her in the reactor. And Cloud has detailed memories of everything that happened - what was said, the photo, the bridge collapsing, Tifa's letter etc. - so how the hell does he know all this if he wasn't telling the truth? She probably thinks her own memories are sort of messed up after being nearly killed by Sephiroth.

Bubba
04-17-2015, 08:35 AM
I think that might be the 31st time I've seen the Kalm flashback and it finally makes sense.

So Barret is Jenova, right?

Shauna
04-17-2015, 08:45 AM
I don't get the aversion to the flashback.

But then I've seen it approximately three times (four after watching this!) so I guess I don't have the massive overexposure.

Psychotic
04-17-2015, 09:05 AM
I think that might be the 31st time I've seen the Kalm flashback and it finally makes sense.

So Barret is Jenova, right?But then where's its @$£#^ head?!

Tomorrow I'm taking on the Zolom. Yes, without levelling. Is it a bad idea? Only one way to find out.

Aerith's Knight
04-17-2015, 10:47 AM
Tomorrow I'm taking on the Zolom. Yes, without levelling. Is it a bad idea? Only one way to find out.

Only way to get Beta enemy skill. And after that you'll never have to do any levelling until.. pff, I don't even know. Gamebreaker, that is.

Bubba
04-17-2015, 11:26 AM
I have never once attempted learning Beta at this point in the game. I am very much looking forward to this! I predict you will get you arse handed to you.

I demand the next instalment appear tonight as from tomorrow I will be mostly concerned with

- Travelling to Birmingham
- Drinking ale
- Watching Chelsea v Man Utd
- Drinking Jack Daniels
- Playing 'Firefly' the board game
- Playing The Last of Us DLC
- Drinking White Ukranians

I cannot wait til Monday to see you get battered by the Zolom.

Shauna
04-17-2015, 11:30 AM
I wonder if your lucky streak will come into play here.

Psychotic
04-17-2015, 12:31 PM
Beta? What, you mean the "Instant win" button? Only a coward sets out to learn that. :colbert:

Also if you're in Brum you're only 30 mins from me, swing round mine and watch me do it live. Or we'll do it together. I've forgotten what I mean by "do it" so feel free to apply your own meaning.

Colonel Angus
04-17-2015, 04:07 PM
:omgomg: I love special guest stars!

Aerith's Knight
04-17-2015, 06:05 PM
Beta? What, you mean the "Instant win" button? Only a coward sets out to learn that. :colbert:

Which is why I wasn't surprised you were going after Zolom. :doublecolbert:

Endless
04-17-2015, 11:08 PM
One line of dialogue got my attention and now all I can think about is...

But you didn't have to cut me up
Make out like it never happened and that we were no team
And I don't even need your sword
But you treat me like a traitor and that feels so rough
No you didn't have to stoop so low
Collect Gast's records, kill my friends and then burn my village
I guess that you don't feel that though
Now you're not the Sephiroth that I used to know

Psychotic
04-17-2015, 11:11 PM
I like it! Though this also has to be posted:

BA-pqRH8Xzw

Bubba
04-17-2015, 11:15 PM
Also if you're in Brum you're only 30 mins from me, swing round mine and watch me do it live. Or we'll do it together. I've forgotten what I mean by "do it" so feel free to apply your own meaning.

If I didn't have a full itinerary this weekend I would definitely have done that, if only to laugh at your meagre skills.

If you fancy a couple of beers though swing by the Brewdog near New Street station at 3pm tomorrow. It would probably be quite easy to bring your TV, computer, and all your equipment for a live recording if the DJ will let you use his booth. The entire pub will gather round and watch you kill a giant snake with swords and magic. It'd be great.

Shauna
04-17-2015, 11:16 PM
Sounds like a great night!

Psychotic
04-18-2015, 06:49 PM
NBfRYOCxgis

Is there a strategy that lets you defeat the Midgar Zolom the first time you encounter it at a low level? I sure as hell can't be even slightly bothered to capture a chocobo, so there's only one way to find out. Let's get to battle!

Colonel Angus
04-18-2015, 07:13 PM
Great job against the snake!

I for one didn't know you could run up the hill in the Chocobo Ranch. Too bad they ddin't hide any prize up there.

I swear there's supposed to be a free Chocobo Lure on the Ranch, but I don't remember if that's later in the game.

Aerith's Knight
04-18-2015, 07:42 PM
Who's the man? Graviball and deadly waste is the man. Couldn't beat him fair and square, huh? Fists and spittle, like men... and snakes.

Psychotic
04-18-2015, 07:53 PM
Right, those Sweepers in Midgar just killed themselves and then the Graviball and Deadly Waste floated out of their corpses, out of Midgar and all the way into the swamp and onto the Zolom's head, right as Aerith's Knight swooped by on his flying pig to say "holla atcha girl! #swag" (and he actually said hashtag out loud)

Aerith's Knight
04-18-2015, 08:52 PM
I would rather jump off a bridge than say hashtag. And I would throw you off before I'd say swag.

I didn't know gravball would do 1000 damage though. I usually sell those things.

Also, it's getting increasingly difficult to criticize you. Make more mistakes.

Psychotic
04-18-2015, 08:58 PM
Oh don't worry, Junon is coming (sort of like Winter but with more pollution) and everybody knows there's like three horrible minigames there. I'll fuck each one of those up horrendously, don't worry.

Sephiroth
04-18-2015, 09:14 PM
so, cloud was himself @ this point? I know when he faced off Sephiroth in Jenova's room he was Cloud, but whatever happened to Zack?

Cloud is always himself, no matter if he is forced to change or not. No matter if you are drunk or not, it will still be you. As long as we do not speak in metaphors (as in "that is not you" by comparing normal behaviour with momentary behaviour or if you met one after 5 years and say "you are a different person than 5 years before" which is literally not possible but metaphorically because we mean the character and not the consciousness of a different individual) we can never be someone else than ourselves because no matter what "I become", it is still "me". Zack was merely the model used for Cloud's confabulation which made isolate and supress a part of his normal character while the rest remained on the surface and reformed his surface to a half-truth believing one. That is called "confabulation". Your brain does want to protect you from something so it forces itself (in this case it happened subconsciously with JENOVA S Cells) to take a part of your actual memory and replace it with another one to recreate a somehow fitting in Cloud's case still inconsistent) half-truth and you are convinced it happened.

Zack was also there at that time but Cloud's confabulation totally made use of what part of truth he needed (Sephiroth's power, how intrigued he was, that he was able to meet Tifa again, that Cloud's mother foreshadowed Aerith by telling him she wants him to have a girlfriend who is older than him and cares for him, et cetera) and mixed it with some things that did happen, just not from his own point of view. Zack was not needed for that story so he supressed him as well.

By the way, I also fought the Midgarsormr today and learned Beta:

http://www.twitch.tv/yakusoku_no_ji/b/651248034

Psychotic
04-18-2015, 09:36 PM
Why would you even need to learn Beta at level 18/19? After that much grinding you can swat any opponent aside anyway.

Sephiroth
04-18-2015, 09:44 PM
Why would you even need to learn Beta at level 18/19? After that much grinding you can swat any opponent aside anyway.

The characters were in their 20s and because its cool. That is why I even leveled. I got level, gil, LIMIT Breaks, was able to defeat the Midgarsormr and get Beta. I do that often actually as I think it is one of the first normal challenges. Defeating the snake, I mean. Beta is a step further and an additional challenge. With Limits it is done quickly, of course.

Colonel Angus
04-18-2015, 09:59 PM
BTW, Psycho, you sold a weapon that has double AP growth when you could've got money by other means.

Psychotic
04-18-2015, 10:23 PM
BTW, Psycho, you sold a weapon that has double AP growth when you could've got money by other means.
Nawww I'm good for those too.

Shauna
04-19-2015, 11:14 AM
Getting through by the skin of your teeth, as expected. Nicely done. :}

Mirage
04-19-2015, 12:14 PM
I typically wait with beta until i have the fire ring. It's a lot of fun.

Psychotic
04-19-2015, 12:31 PM
I typically wait with beta until i have the fire ring. It's a lot of fun.Ssh, spoilers! ;)

Mirage
04-19-2015, 12:33 PM
Here's another spoiler: You'll get a weapon called Premium Heart later!

Psychotic
04-19-2015, 12:36 PM
I swear to god if you tell them that I'm going to have to fight Sephiroth you're so banned from this thread :colbert:

Scotty_ffgamer
04-19-2015, 04:55 PM
There should be a mod where you can turn everyone in your party into Mukki.

Bubba
04-21-2015, 09:25 AM
Good job on the zolom. I still say you should have learned Beta... then never used it. That is the definition of bad ass.

I assume you aren't gonna do any grinding to level up on this playthrough?

EDIT: You missed the Megalixir in Kalm... terrible.

Psychotic
04-21-2015, 09:43 AM
The what? Where?! Not that I'd ever use the Megalixir mind you.

Bubba
04-21-2015, 10:11 AM

It's out of reach when you first see it but if you repeatedly try to get it Cloud eventually kicks the cabinet and it falls down.

You're right though, megalixirs are far to precious to actually use at any point in the game. You just wonder to yourself whilst watching the closing credits... "I probably could have used one of those 20 megalixirs"

Aerith's Knight
04-21-2015, 07:09 PM
You're right though, megalixirs are far to precious to actually use at any point in the game. You just wonder to yourself whilst watching the closing credits... "I probably could have used one of those 20 megalixirs"

Only during the final final fight with Sephiroth might you use those. Of course, then you just Mime, W-summon, Knights of the round table and you won't need it.

Psychotic
04-22-2015, 06:51 PM
Gj9jhFVWNQ4

For reasons best known only to myself, I decide to acquire the services of Yuffie Kisaragi for the party. Ugh, bloody materia thief. That's not before we pick our way through the treasure laden Mythril Mines encountering those bumbling Turks again. We also pay a flying visit to Fort Condor.

Bubba
04-22-2015, 06:56 PM
Lovely. Going for a couple of pints in 5 minutes when I finish work and this can be my entertainment for the train journey home.

Good timing, Mr. Psychotic.

Dat Matt
04-22-2015, 10:43 PM
Does Yuffie make a regular appearance in your party going forward? If not, she should be.

How can you turn away this cutie?

http://www.wallpaperhi.com/thumbnails/detail/20120224/final%20fantasy%20vii%20yuffie%20kisaragi%201920x1200%20wallpaper_www.wallpaperhi.com_65.jpg

Psychotic
04-22-2015, 10:51 PM
I dunno. I guess she's a candidate for that post-Aerith spot. Vincent and Tifa are out of the running, so I guess it leaves Cid, Red XIII, Caith Sith and the Yuff.

Bubba
04-23-2015, 01:23 AM
Who the fuck is Yoofie? Also, why is Barret wearing a string vest? He looks like Rab C Nesbitt.

Nice quick capture of Yuffie. Her fist pumps look weird in her new incarnation though. Much like Sephiroth's 'creeping past my girlfriend's Dad's bedroom' walk in the basement of the Shinra mansion.

What are everyone's predictions for number of attempts on Mr. Dolphin? I have confidence... I reckon you'll make it on the fourth jump.

Psychotic
04-23-2015, 07:12 AM
Everyone got mad when I said I would call her Yuffie. Which I think I did at one point!

...I don't want to talk about Mr. Dolphin.

Raistlin
04-23-2015, 11:37 AM
It's definitely "Yuff-ee." Don't listen to those "Yoo-fee" whackjobs.

My guess on Mr. Dolphin is 7.

Spooniest
04-24-2015, 02:30 AM
One of these days, a pronunciation guide, SE.

Publish a goddamn iron clad fucking pronunciation guide for Christ's sake

Aerith's Knight
04-24-2015, 08:47 PM
I actually kind of like Elena in the Turks. The general competence of Rude (was that his name?) and her general incompetence is cute.

Also, I'm going to say... 12 on Mr. Dolphin, since you have delayed input.

Psychotic
04-25-2015, 04:55 PM
MXzfLF0lM4E

Off to the sunny town of Junon, filled with people who hate the Shinra, kids who hate the Shinra, and giant fish skeletons that hate the Shinra. We meet one such hatemonger, Priscilla, who promptly gets eliminated by Bottomswell. After ye olde boss fight, we need to climb the electrical tower (because reasons) only Cloud can do it (because reasons) and we have to ride Mr Dolphin (because Mr Dolphin is a god damn badass). Hope you like failure!

Somebody count my dolphins, I'm too ashamed. :redface:

Aerith's Knight
04-25-2015, 05:41 PM
You couldn't fail twice more, could you? Just as I got hope of winning the bet, you made it. :irked:

Bubba
04-25-2015, 05:54 PM
I think Fat Chocobo just appears randomly around 15% of the time. He is far superior to regular Chocomog though.

I love the sky behind the Highwind when you see it for the first time. It's like a smurfing Turner painting. It took a while to get to that point though... ten attempts? *shakes head*

I was laughing out loud at the Cloud March and accompanying song though. I was actually in tears laughing! :lol::cry:

Shauna
04-25-2015, 08:51 PM
What a master of CPR. Remind me to call you for help when I'm unconscious and in need of first aid.

Does everyone always refer to Shinra as THE Shinra? I just find that odd. xD

This is Mr Snoops:

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsF/5830-15824.jpg

Bubba
04-26-2015, 02:07 PM
The CPR bit is stupid on every level.

Cloud has to give CPR but has no idea how to do it. The old man says "No problem. Come over here and I'll show you how to do it". Yeah, this seems like a good time for a bit of first aid training. Don't worry about the little girl who is not breathing and is minutes from death. DO IT YOURSELF, YOU OLD FART.

Aerith's Knight
04-27-2015, 02:26 PM
DO IT YOURSELF, YOU OLD FART.

As someone who's had CPR training many times, doing CPR is extremely tiring. I could expect an old guy to pass off the duty, since he might get a heart attack himself doing it.

Forsaken Lover
04-28-2015, 03:15 AM
Well this is interesting. I will subscribe and follow this. I just need to catch up.

Forsaken Lover
04-29-2015, 08:48 AM
This new translation feels all soulless.

I'm on Episode 14 now and just last episode we had the triple boss fights.

Before Cloud fights Rufus, Rufus said (in the video) that he and Cloud won't be "allies."

This is what he SHOULD say:

"I see. I guess this means we won't become friends."

This has just been the latest in annoying changes for me. It's just completely pointless and robs Rufus of his casual mocking tone that was the only reason to really like him.

Psychotic
04-29-2015, 08:24 PM
agEMt073k8E

In which I am invited to join a parade to celebrate Rufus Shinra and in which I get some poor TV producer fired. After exploring the delightful port town of Junon and meeting the Turks, can we finish on a high and win President Rufus's approval?

Bubba
04-29-2015, 11:42 PM
Aerith will be fuming. You buy the Hardedge for Cloud and then immediately gain a (superior) Force Stealer for him for free. No wonder she gets brutally stabbed in the back with no decent weapon to defend herself. YOU'VE SENTENCED HER TO DEATH

Psychotic
04-30-2015, 07:39 AM
Cloud's got 99 problems but Aerith ain't one.

Ayen
04-30-2015, 08:06 AM
I always have trouble sneaking into the parade, but I did pretty good on the show for Rufus.

Smurf the CPR minigame! Seriously.

Bubba
04-30-2015, 09:12 AM
Yeah, Christ that marching mini-game is just impossible. I don't think I've ever got more than 30% on there. I'm sure you get something decent for getting over 40-50% though I can't remember what it is.

The performance for Rufus though I'm pretty boss at (though it looked tough doing it on the HD mod, good job!) but I purposefully never get higher than 100. The Force Stealer is great but you can pick one up in Corel for 2200 gil when you get there. If you get between 60-90 on this mini-game, you get a HP Plus materia. You can't get hold of one of these until Cosmo Canyon and they set you back 8000 gil.

Aerith's Knight
04-30-2015, 06:05 PM
Yeah, Christ that marching mini-game is just impossible. I don't think I've ever got more than 30% on there. I'm sure you get something decent for getting over 40-50% though I can't remember what it is.

I've gotten that a few time, 46% and 48% are my best on the original playstation. You get a bunch of ethers.

I was always short on cash at this point, so I forwent buying cloud's sword and got Force stealer from the mini game. HP plus materia is pretty sweet though.

Shauna
04-30-2015, 06:26 PM
Over 50% apparently gets you 5000 gil!

I think it's impossible to be good at these minigames.

Bubba
05-01-2015, 12:17 AM
In recent playthroughs I get into loads of fights near Fort Condor. I kind of have this fixation that I need everyone's first level 3 limit break before heading to Junon. This being the case I already have plenty of Gil when I'm in Junon town.

Really glad you didn't do that on this playthrough Psy, there'd be no-one left watching.

Ayen
05-01-2015, 01:13 AM
The performance for Rufus though I'm pretty boss at (though it looked tough doing it on the HD mod, good job!) but I purposefully never get higher than 100. The Force Stealer is great but you can pick one up in Corel for 2200 gil when you get there. If you get between 60-90 on this mini-game, you get a HP Plus materia. You can't get hold of one of these until Cosmo Canyon and they set you back 8000 gil.

The hardest thing for me with the Rufus performance is the lefts and rights. I'm always getting those two mixed up with each other. Finally overcame that in my last playthrough. I forgot how well I did, but I did get an item. I don't remember the item, either. I haven't played FFVII since last year.

Psychotic
05-01-2015, 07:22 AM
Yeah I'm not gonna grind on camera xD

Bubba
05-01-2015, 08:39 AM
Yeah I'm not gonna grind on camera xD

Sage advice that every parent should offer their daughters.

Psychotic
05-01-2015, 09:29 AM
I should probably change that to read "I'm not gonna grind ever". The game isn't exactly challenging enough to warrant it once you get the necessary Enemy Skills, which I will in... oooh, Episode 25? I'll grind for Great Gospel and that's about it.

Ayen
05-01-2015, 09:47 AM
I leveled up by 3 before each boss fight on my winning playthrough.

I regret nothing!

Psychotic
05-01-2015, 10:10 AM
As you'll see in next Wednesday's episode, you don't need to try to get into battles and level up! And if you think what you see is bad, I actually cut a fair few of them out too, it was ridiculous.

I think I cut some out of tomorrow's ship adventure too actually.

Psychotic
05-02-2015, 05:06 PM
RcIBeOYBZIM

All aboard! We're going to sail across the sea from Junon to Costa Del Sol. The assorted members of the party do their best to pass as sailors but Barret really knocks it out of the park in his sexy outfit. Trouble brews when the Sephiroth - Jenova tag team emerges for the first time, however! Still, Costa del Sol is a lovely and welcoming place, where Hojo tans on the beach and Yuffie gets a job.

Shauna
05-03-2015, 12:48 AM
oh god I have not watched the video yet but might I say that sailor suit barrett is actually the thing of nightmares

Ayen
05-03-2015, 05:02 AM
I swoon for Sailor Suit Barrett.

I want to go to Costa Del Sol T_T

Bubba
05-03-2015, 08:07 AM
You look like a bear wearing a marshmallow. Best FF insult ever.

With it being an HD mod, surely they could have put Hojo in trunks?

Aerith's Knight
05-03-2015, 09:36 AM
You're getting a little too immersed in the manhunting.

Psychotic
05-03-2015, 09:41 AM
oh god I have not watched the video yet but might I say that sailor suit barrett is actually the thing of nightmaresNo!
I swoon for Sailor Suit Barrett.

I want to go to Costa Del Sol T_TYes!
You look like a bear wearing a marshmallow. Best FF insult ever.

With it being an HD mod, surely they could have put Hojo in trunks?Without doubt!
You're getting a little too immersed in the manhunting.Not actually possible!

Sir Lancealot
05-03-2015, 12:34 PM
It looks like Barret attached a can opener to his arm.

Shauna
05-03-2015, 03:59 PM
His midriff is like... make of robots or something. D:

gghhhghghgh!

Psychotic
05-06-2015, 07:05 PM
AB9QtGxvLAs

Wandering around the dreamy and breezy heights of Mount Corel, the gang finds themselves encountering a metric ton of angry birds that all want to kiss them. We also fall through some train tracks to get treasure and steal it from some (different) baby birds too. At the end of our long trek, we arrive in Barret's hometown North Corel! Haaeeey baaaeeeby!!

McLovin'
05-06-2015, 08:49 PM
Cloud: time's are tough...we're taking the treasure

Barrett: Haaeeey!! Baaeeby!

hahahhaaha what the hell

Spooniest
05-07-2015, 03:17 AM
RcIBeOYBZIM

All aboard! We're going to sail across the sea from Junon to Costa Del Sol. The assorted members of the party do their best to pass as sailors but Barret really knocks it out of the park in his sexy outfit. Trouble brews when the Sephiroth - Jenova tag team emerges for the first time, however! Still, Costa del Sol is a lovely and welcoming place, where Hojo tans on the beach and Yuffie gets a job.

Whoever made this unholy abomination should have to play Final Fantasy I on the MSX for the rest of their life (shudder)

Bubba
05-07-2015, 10:58 AM
You were right, Psy. Fight central!

I always liked when Barret did his whole "Haaeeey!! Baaeeby" thing. He's normally this big, tough guy swearing all over the place and suddenly he shows his fatherly side. I can't believe you took the treasure though :mad2: It's only 10 Phoenix Downs. You pick those smurfers up all over the place!

Gold Saucer next!

Ayen
05-07-2015, 11:27 AM
Aerith was so disappointed in me when I took the treasure. I felt like a straight up prick.

Aerith's Knight
05-07-2015, 06:43 PM
Aerith was so disappointed in me when I took the treasure. I felt like a straight up prick.

Which heartless soul would take them, then kill their mother!?

Not like you need 10 phoenix downs, unless you really stink at the game.

Bubba
05-07-2015, 06:51 PM
Which heartless soul would take them, then kill their mother!?

Exactly!

Now the mother is unable to provide for her young who will most likely starve to death being at such a young age. But don't worry, at least you got your smurfing treasure...

Psychotic
05-09-2015, 03:12 PM
TjeljC6CwXk

Right, let's get to the Gold Saucer! Barret's still got the hump but Cloud, the girls and his magical talking lion dog creature don't care 'cause Super Dunk is in the offing! A random fortune telling robot cat thing named Cait Sith joins the party because, um, reasons. Some atrocious chocobo racing, fierce g-biking, random Mog Housing, so-so beat 'em upping and none too shabby Speed Squaring later, the disappointingly pale Dio emerges.

Shauna
05-10-2015, 06:07 PM
Pink + White = YELLOW? I think Mag has been unfaithful to poor Mog.

I had fun. We asked for it, and we got it!

Also I have never done half the things here, so it was a learning video for me.

Aerith's Knight
05-11-2015, 07:04 AM
One of my favorite pastimes as a child...

Why am I not surprised?