PDA

View Full Version : Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

TheShogun
02-22-2015, 11:56 PM
I didn't see a thread for it, so who's playing MH4U? I've been just going through the story, haven't really done that much multiplayer yet. I find I keep getting carted at least once every monster, is that normal? I feel inadequate when I die once or twice to a monster :(

What weapons are you guys using, at the moment I'm using the Insect Glaive, and I've been making sure to get the coloured buffs from the bug (focusing on white + red) and bringing plenty of stuff.

So what weapons are you guys using, what are you hunting? At the moment I'm doing the Seltas Queen so I can try to grab summodat Gundam armor.

Also totally unrelated to my name but what is the armor that looks most like Samurai armor? This is important.

metagloria
02-23-2015, 03:08 AM
I have no experience whatsoever with this series but it kind of looks awesome.

Skyblade
02-23-2015, 03:59 AM
I tried Monster Hunter 3, but I really could not get into it. I needed some plotline to actually engage me with the world in order to get past the tediousness and repetition of it all.

TheShogun
02-23-2015, 09:09 AM
I have no experience whatsoever with this series but it kind of looks awesome.
Honestly it's really ​good. Most fun I've had in ages.

Leigh
02-24-2015, 10:25 AM
I know nothing about this series. What is the objective of Monster Hunter? Why is he hunting monsters?

TheShogun
02-24-2015, 12:03 PM
I know nothing about this series. What is the objective of Monster Hunter? Why is he hunting monsters?

Essentially you're in a world where gigantic monsters roam (think dinosaurs, giant spiders, etc) and you make a hunter that kills these monsters. There is an overarching plot but the main reason you do it is for $$$$

You use gigantic swords, hammers and the like to kill big things, and then make armor and weapons out of it to kill bigger things.

All the big monsters are essentially boss fights (with their own behaviours and weaknesses). You have to track and tag monsters, you also have to eat and stay warm/cool etc.

Honestly great game can't recommend enough.

Leigh
02-24-2015, 01:16 PM

Essentially you're in a world where gigantic monsters roam (think dinosaurs, giant spiders, etc) and you make a hunter that kills these monsters. There is an overarching plot but the main reason you do it is for $$$$

You use gigantic swords, hammers and the like to kill big things, and then make armor and weapons out of it to kill bigger things.

All the big monsters are essentially boss fights (with their own behaviours and weaknesses). You have to track and tag monsters, you also have to eat and stay warm/cool etc.

It sounds like a good game, but I suppose only if you are really into that sort of thing. I imagine I'd enjoy it, for about 10 minutes, but then I'd probably never play it again. I would imagine it would be like how I approach MMORPGs. I go into them full of enthusiasm. But then I realise I'm just killing stuff for the sake of items to get stronger and kill more monsters. Then I unsubscribe before I've got through my free 30 day trial. Ha.

metagloria
02-24-2015, 03:45 PM

It sounds like a good game, but I suppose only if you are really into that sort of thing. I imagine I'd enjoy it, for about 10 minutes, but then I'd probably never play it again. I would imagine it would be like how I approach MMORPGs. I go into them full of enthusiasm. But then I realise I'm just killing stuff for the sake of items to get stronger and kill more monsters. Then I unsubscribe before I've got through my free 30 day trial. Ha.

This also sounds like how I would probably end up with it. Totally on fire at first, then quickly burning out.

Skyblade
02-24-2015, 03:56 PM
Unlike MMOs, there is definitely progression to the combat mechanics, with you recognizing patterns and developing strategies for each monster as you fight them more and more.

But I do find it basically unplayable with no real motivation to keep going. The world is a massively open hunting zone except for a single village that is your hub. There's no plot, no characters, no real reason for anything you're doing.