PDA

View Full Version : Mister Adequate's List Of Videogames

Madame Adequate
02-23-2015, 08:39 PM
In the spirit of ongoing threads across the forum, as well as Internet clickbait and nerdragebait since time immemorial (i.e. since Usenet existed), I am going to present you to a list of videogames.

Liberal Crime Squad
The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
Iznogoud
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
Jumping Flash
SSX Tricky
Skies of Arcadia
FIFA 11
Gex
Gears of War 2
WWF WrestleMania: The Arcade Game
Risk of Rain
Qix
Final Fantasy V
Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe
BioShock
Darksiders
pop'n music 6
Arc the Lad 2
Wing Commander III
Tiny Toon Adventures
Protector
Body Harvest
Freespace 2
No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way
Seaman
Beneath A Steel Sky
Space Empires IV
God Hand
Jet Grind Radio
Devil May Cry
Medal of Honor Allied Assault
Civilization V: Brave New World
Rise of the Triad
Antbuster
Pocket League Story 2
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Peggle
Secret of Mana
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Radical Rescue
Frozen Synapse
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
Race the Sun
Xen: Intergalactic Ninja
Fallout 3
Berzerk
Metroid 2: Return of Samus
Tetris DS
Kick Man
Kagero: Deception II
Ristar
Beyond Dark Castle
Madden NFL
Ninja Gaiden Black
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Portal 2
TNA iMPACT: Cross the Line
Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Journey

So there you have it, Mister Adequate's list of videogames!

Pumpkin
02-23-2015, 08:42 PM
I disagree. Not alphabetical enough

But I do appreciate that some of the games contain numbers as well as letters

Psychotic
02-23-2015, 08:53 PM
Beneath a Steel Sky was trout.

Old Manus
02-23-2015, 09:04 PM
There's something very underrated about non-alphabetical lists.

Gex

Scotty_ffgamer
02-23-2015, 09:11 PM
That sure is a list of video games which Mister Adequate has written.

Madame Adequate
02-23-2015, 09:27 PM
Beneath a Steel Sky was trout.

I offer no opinion on the game in question.

metagloria
02-23-2015, 09:30 PM
This was phase 0 of my list. I then alphabetized them and randomly arranged them into pods.

Shauna
02-23-2015, 11:17 PM
I can't believe you didn't include WipeOut in this.

Your list is terrible and you should feel bad and your opinions are worth less than nothing to me now.

Del Murder
02-23-2015, 11:55 PM
That is certainly a list. It is quite full of video games. I see several titles on the list.

Madame Adequate
02-24-2015, 12:39 AM
I can't believe you didn't include WipeOut in this.

Your list is terrible and you should feel bad and your opinions are worth less than nothing to me now.

That is also a videogame. I apologize that it was not on my list of videogames, but in my defense, I did not claim it was a comprehensive list of videogames.

Spuuky
02-24-2015, 01:13 AM
At least one so-called "game" on your list isn't a game. It's just an expansion to a game.

metagloria
02-24-2015, 03:43 AM
I'm also super mad you included WWF WrestleMania: The Arcade Game instead of the far superior WWF WrestleFest: The Arcade Game, which devoured many a quarter of mine at camp growing up. EARTHQUAKE.

G13
02-24-2015, 04:04 AM
Iznogoud

Sure isn't.

Shlup
02-24-2015, 06:37 AM
Your list is bad and you should feel bad.

Sephex
02-24-2015, 08:06 AM
What's the next step? The lists of video game lists? I would like to think so. Thanks Huxbama.

Bubba
02-24-2015, 02:09 PM
Secret of Mana should be higher up.

...or lower down.

Madame Adequate
02-24-2015, 04:03 PM
At least one so-called "game" on your list isn't a game. It's just an expansion to a game.

I intended to list the game in the "complete" sense, i.e. with all expansions, but I did not feel the list was fit for the whole lot to be listed.

Shoeberto
02-24-2015, 04:23 PM
Great work, your video game list was riveting. It did make me think of a few questions.

What was your favorite part of the video game list?
Do you think you could post some screenshots of the video game list?
What video game list do you think you've spent the most time on?

Del Murder
02-24-2015, 07:30 PM
The best part about this list is the individual items on the list. They are listed one by one, which is very easy to read. I read it and completely agreed that it was a list of video games.

Madame Adequate
02-25-2015, 02:16 AM
Great work, your video game list was riveting. It did make me think of a few questions.

What was your favorite part of the video game list?
Do you think you could post some screenshots of the video game list?
What video game list do you think you've spent the most time on?

My favorite part was the part where I listed a series of video games, I would have to say.
I will try to provide screenshots for you tomorrow, though I can't promise I'll get around to it.
Almost certainly this video game list.

The best part about this list is the individual items on the list. They are listed one by one, which is very easy to read. I read it and completely agreed that it was a list of video games.

I'm very happy you agree that this is a list of video games!

metagloria
02-25-2015, 03:29 AM
This list goes great with your user title.

That Mister Adequate, he sure is a member. Even I can recognize that.

Pete for President
02-25-2015, 04:56 AM
There's not enough Dark Souls on the list.

;D

Sephex
02-25-2015, 05:40 AM
I've had some time to think about this. This is what the list should be instead:

Gears of War 2
WWF WrestleMania: The Arcade Game
Risk of Rain
Qix
Final Fantasy V
Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe
BioShock
Darksiders
pop'n music 6
Arc the Lad 2
Wing Commander III
Tiny Toon Adventures
Protector
Body Harvest
Freespace 2
Berzerk
Metroid 2: Return of Samus
Tetris DS
Kick Man
Kagero: Deception II
Ristar
Beyond Dark Castle
Madden NFL
Ninja Gaiden Black
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Portal 2
TNA iMPACT: Cross the Line
Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Journey
Liberal Crime Squad
The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
Iznogoud
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
Jumping Flash
SSX Tricky
Skies of Arcadia
FIFA 11
Gex
No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way
Seaman
Beneath A Steel Sky
Space Empires IV
God Hand
Jet Grind Radio
Devil May Cry
Medal of Honor Allied Assault
Civilization V: Brave New World
Rise of the Triad
Antbuster
Pocket League Story 2
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Peggle
Secret of Mana
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Radical Rescue
Frozen Synapse
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
Bunghole's Fantasy Adventures
Race the Sun
Xen: Intergalactic Ninja
Fallout 3

Madame Adequate
02-25-2015, 05:44 AM
This list goes great with your user title.

That Mister Adequate, he sure is a member. Even I can recognize that.

I try to perform to a satisfactory degree.

There's not enough Dark Souls on the list.

;D

I strongly considered including Demon's Souls on my list of video games, but ultimately decided against it. I felt it would be a somewhat trite addition - the list already contains a considerable number of video games, so what would the Souls series add other than an entry not otherwise there? However, I am open to reasons I should include said game or games within a list of video games.

e; I respect your opinion Sephex, and I thank you for contributing to my thread in such a fashion! You have given me much to think about; I shall take your list into consideration.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-25-2015, 06:22 AM
I've been thinking a lot about another related topic to this, but I don't think it warrants a thread. Here is my list of video game lists. I hope that we can all agree that this is in fact a list of video game lists.

Scotty_ffgamer's List of Video Game Lists:

Mister Adequate's List Of Video Games
Pumpkin's Top Games of All Time Ever
Metagloria's 108 Greatest Games: A New Twist On The Traditional Best List
Fynn's Top 25 Games
ToriJ's Top 30 PSX Games
Wolf Kanno's Bottom Ten JRPGs
BoB's Top 100 Games

Bubba
02-25-2015, 08:25 AM
Like all good video game lists, if you take the first letter of every game and put those in a list as well... you'll get a list of letters.

Loony BoB
02-25-2015, 01:18 PM
I've been thinking a lot about another related topic to this, but I don't think it warrants a thread. Here is my list of video game lists. I hope that we can all agree that this is in fact a list of video game lists.

Scotty_ffgamer's List of Video Game Lists:

Mister Adequate's List Of Video Games
Pumpkin's Top Games of All Time Ever
Metagloria's 108 Greatest Games: A New Twist On The Traditional Best List
Fynn's Top 25 Games
ToriJ's Top 30 PSX Games
Wolf Kanno's Bottom Ten JRPGs
BoB's Top 100 Games
shion + sharky also did a combined list, and NeoCracker did a list as well - although I can understand why you would leave out the latter one. ;)

Pumpkin
02-25-2015, 02:24 PM
Our combined list didn't work out because I lost it when my laptop died :G

It was inferior to my personal list though of course

metagloria
02-25-2015, 03:04 PM
I thought people might be interested in a more in-depth analysis of Mister Adequate's list, so I put together some data.

Here is a letter and character frequency chart of the titles in his list. Fantastically, Mister Adequate covers the full scope of the alphabet (even Q!), as well as branching out into six numbers (5, 7, 8, and 9 get slighted) and four characters (apostrophe, comma, period, and colon).

Sorting the graph by frequency helps visualize the ordering of things. Mister Adequate tends to favor "A" and "E", which is perhaps unsurprising since these are the most common letters in the English language. Somewhat unexpectedly, "R" beats out favorite consonants "S" and "T" as well as other vowels for third place. The Wheel of Fortune set - R, S, T, L, N E - are all in the top ten, though "L" falls below "D". "2" is the most common numeral, owing to the prevalence of sequels.

I hope you find this post a contribution to this discussion!

Madame Adequate
02-25-2015, 04:21 PM
Thank you very much for that analysis of my list of video games, metagloria! It is a collection of statistics.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-25-2015, 04:58 PM
I never said it was a comprehensive list of video game lists.

Egami
02-25-2015, 05:27 PM
Ending the list with Journey was a stroke of genius. A fitting coda to what is undoubtedly a list of videogames.

metagloria
02-25-2015, 07:33 PM
Why not some more? We can't say for sure how Mister Adequate's list stacks up to other lists of video games, but we can compare his letter usage to the English language as a whole. (Letter frequency stats from Robert Lewand's Cryptological Mathematics, via Wikipedia)

That's colorful and fun, but the lining-up makes it hard to really see what's going on. Here's a more statistical approach, including a logarithmic y-axis!
Mister Adequate's list makes use of rare letters like J, X, and Z much more than common English, with Z appearing almost eight times as much as would be expected. Conversely, H gets positively shafted, appearing about one-third as much as we might expect. Of course, the data are still skewed in this graph, because you can't get back to the absolute scale - it might be more suitable to make the bars wider for more common letters and thinner for rarer letters.

Madame Adequate
02-26-2015, 12:33 AM
I wonder, did I do this deliberately, or is it merely the result of games often being titled with either unusual letters (Qix) or XTREEM spellings (Xen: Intergalactic Ninja)?

Sephex
02-26-2015, 04:04 AM
Okay, it's been a day. Hux, look at the fourth from the bottom on my rearranged list of your list.

Madame Adequate
02-26-2015, 04:47 AM
What about Bunghole's Fantasy Adventures?

Sephex
02-26-2015, 05:00 AM
I just find it real cool that it is on your list! I wanted to point that out again because this is a list!

Madame Adequate
02-26-2015, 05:20 AM
I'm very happy for you :)

Bubba
02-26-2015, 10:24 AM
Poor H.

Someone needs to do an extensive 'H Centric' list to correct this injustice.

Del Murder
02-26-2015, 04:20 PM
Those were certainly some posts from metagloria. He clearly showed that Mister Adequate's list of video games contained various letters. That is definitely information.

There are lot of lists of video games posted on EoFF, but the more I read Mister Adequate's list, the more I realize that this is undoubtedly one of them.

Quindiana Jones
03-05-2015, 01:06 AM
That is most certainly a list, and it most certainly has 59 video game titles in it. All in all, quite a difficult feat, and I feel we can agree this is an outstanding effort.

Spuuky
03-05-2015, 03:05 AM
Actually the cut-off for outstandingness is 60 games. His list is decidedly just "great."

Skyblade
03-05-2015, 04:43 PM
Actually the cut-off for outstandingness is 60 games. His list is decidedly just "great."

Nah, even multiples of ten are just too generic. If he needed to go higher, he'd need at least 61.

Del Murder
03-06-2015, 04:39 AM
That is most certainly a list, and it most certainly has 59 video game titles in it. All in all, quite a difficult feat, and I feel we can agree this is an outstanding effort.
I definitely agree that it was an effort to put together this list.

Quindiana Jones
03-06-2015, 07:57 AM
Absolutely. And, if nothing else, there is a list here and it was made.