PDA

View Full Version : Which Deathly Hallows would you choose?

Jinx
02-26-2015, 06:33 PM
Shauna and I were discussing the scene in Deathly Hallows where Ron, Hermione, and Harry all say which Hallow they would choose if given the chance. I was curious what all of you would say?

Personally, I'd choose the wand. The stone is (in my opinion) completely useless, and while the cloak is cool and the protection it provides is useful, I'd rather be a hella bad ass with my ultimate magic wand.

Shauna
02-26-2015, 06:34 PM
I'm already too badass, so the cloak is probably where I'd go.

Psychotic
02-26-2015, 06:51 PM
Cloak of Invisibility + Hufflepuff Girls' Dorm = :smug:

Sephex
02-27-2015, 12:43 AM
I can find more uses for the cloak.

Shiny
02-27-2015, 02:52 AM
What does the elder wand do?

noxious.sunshine
02-27-2015, 03:30 AM
The elder wand is kind of cursed.

And bringing back the dead has never been depicted as a good idea.

So I'd go with the cloak.

Though I think if I had the wand, I would be like Dumbledore and not boast about having it... For fear of someone killing me to get it.

Shorty
02-27-2015, 03:44 AM
Cloak!

maybee
02-27-2015, 08:04 AM
Maybe the stone ? If you ever lost somebody that you dearly loved, well you have a second chance with them.

Shauna
02-27-2015, 11:13 AM
And Jinx said Hermione was lame for choosing the cloak.

Well, EoFF in general is a Hermione, so we're all lame. Take that!

blackmage_nuke
02-27-2015, 11:29 AM
Would be cool if we could get back some of our greatest minds like Tesla to finish their work.

But if they don't want to stick around, assuming I was a wizard I wouldn't mind the Elder Wand since I can just cast disillusionemnt charms with it

If I wasnt a wizard and resurrected people all hated it then I guess I'd take the Invisibility cloak.

Forsaken Lover
02-27-2015, 11:40 AM
The Stone. The key is to just not overuse it. You could learn so much with it.

Karifean
02-27-2015, 12:03 PM
The cloak, but the stone is a close second. The stone can be great to have to help people left behind move on and absolve potential regrets rather than to actually bring back the dead. But it can also backfire pretty bad.

The wand seems like way more trouble than it's worth.

Shauna
02-27-2015, 01:15 PM
The book was pretty clear that the resurrection stone was terrible and brought nothing but misery to the brother who used it.

Electroshock Therapy
02-27-2015, 03:03 PM
Invisibility Cloak, even though it would be socially detrimental to my already reclusive behavior, but oh well. :)

SquallsMist
02-28-2015, 06:04 PM
Usually I would say Cloak, but if I didn't have to be a wizard to use the wand, then I would take the wand. Limitless possibilities!

Colonel Angus
02-28-2015, 06:52 PM
Would be cool if we could get back some of our greatest minds like Tesla to finish their work.
I'm pretty sure they're still making music.

The book was pretty clear that the resurrection stone was terrible and brought nothing but misery to the brother who used it.
I didn't know there were black guys in Harry Potter.

LunarWeaver
02-28-2015, 11:36 PM
I definitely want a zombie army, so the stone. I would do everything I could to try and make the Z apocalypse finally happen like I know you all secretly want. Is that how it works? It's been a while. Just give me the wand, whatever. I'll get killed for its power, but not before I kill lots of other people first!

Quindiana Jones
03-04-2015, 07:52 AM
Invisibility Cloak, easy. I'd go around tripping up children and not get hated for it. Perfect world, right there.

Bubba
03-04-2015, 12:55 PM
I would choose the invisibility cloak but never put it to use. Such an item is far too dangerous and I couldn't risk using it and having it fall into the wrong hands. I would buy a top-of-the-line safe and keep it locked in there for ever.

Obviously this doesn't apply on Thursdays though where I'd just sit under it in the locker room of a female-only gym.

Madame Adequate
03-04-2015, 05:14 PM
It'd depend on whether the wand came with magical knowledge as well. I mean, if so, that's the one I'd take - it would be the most powerful single artifact in the history of our world as well as the Wizarding one. If it doesn't, it's just a wand, I guess I could sell it to a theater or something? So then I'd take the cloak.

I could see powerful uses for the stone if it lets you summon anyone dead or command the dead to reply to your questions and stuff, but I don't recall if it can do either.

Cloak is most reliable, obviously.