PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Ball Xenoverse

Scotty_ffgamer
02-28-2015, 10:58 PM
Anyone playing this game yet? I just picked it up. About to create a character! I can't decide what race/gender I want to try yet, though.

Let's discuss the game and post your characters if you have it!

Slothy
02-28-2015, 11:11 PM
Just got it today on Steam. Quite fun.

Madame Adequate
03-01-2015, 05:09 PM
I want this game so friggin bad but I can't afford it right now :(

Vyk
03-01-2015, 05:46 PM
I'm super interested and will probably rent it in the near future. But what's really weird is that since there is character creation my girlfriend is actually curious about trying it. Same thing happened with Knights of the Old Republic and Baldurs Gate. Now I just need good Star Trek and LotR games with character creation and I'll have her trapped in all of nerd dom... Or something. Either way I watched the Grumps play this and it looked super fun

Sephex
03-02-2015, 07:04 AM
ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL: The Game!

I actually saw gameplay footage of it, and it looks like it is very fun.

black orb
03-05-2015, 04:07 AM
I want this game so friggin bad but I can't afford it right now :(
>>> The story of my life..:luca:

maybee
03-05-2015, 03:10 PM
Nah. But watched the [ very long ] Gamegrumps episode about it.

Pheesh
03-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Yeah I picked it up for ps4, it's pretty fun gameplay but I haven't had a proper chance to get into it yet. I had a bit of fun with Tara on the local multiplayer though.

Slothy
03-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Liking the game so far but I have one problem with it (the PC version anyway). If it can't connect to the game servers but you have an internet connection then it won't let you play it at all. Not even just single player. But if you have no internet connection at all or pop Steam into offline mode you can play single player no problem. So someone had the forethought to include an offline mode but didn't make it default to that if it fails to connect to the games servers. That's extremely annoying since I couldn't connect to their servers for more than a single mission over the weekend so now I just go into offline mode by default and haven't had the patience to bother trying it online again.

Vyk
03-05-2015, 09:09 PM
You might be able to block it with your firewall so that it doesn't try connecting and you can still have Steam online. I'd agree it's still annoying though. I'm still eager to play it. The girlfriend doesn't know if she works tomorrow or not and I'm off. So if she ends up being off as well, we may rent it and give it a whirl

Vermachtnis
03-07-2015, 08:39 AM
I've been having a blast with it. I made a Freezie-pop as my first character. Kind of glad, cause I made a Saiyan after that and Super Saiyan is cheese mode. So I'm kind of glad I didn't start with a Saiyan cause I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from cheesing my way through the story mode. And let me tell you that fight with Beerus and Whis I wish I could have cheesed my way through. Totally cheesed my way through the Broly fights though.

Another thing you can do if you can't connect and don't want to take Steam offline is just start up the game and then unhook yourself from the router. Start the game and then hook yourself back up, that way it'll still track your time and achievables. But I think the patch today fixed it so it'll go to offline automatically if you can't connect. But yeah, the servers and drop rates have been the only thing I haven't liked so far. The drop rates seem to be set up to where I'd get it on my first attempt or my 500th. I want to cosplay the Great Saiyaman dammit!

Vyk
03-15-2015, 04:27 AM
Rented it. Actually fell in love. Bought it. Its actually a really long game with a lot of options available on looks, character builds, playstyles, and a fairly interesting story. And playing alongside all these characters, with enough of a twist to make it interesting is really nice. Plus all those parallel quests with drops that you have to grind for. Kind of annoying, but its like an MMO in the time/reward thing. Pretty random and frustrating, but still entertaining enough to be worth the struggle to get what you want most of the time. Overall a flawed but fun game. Really hope they make a sequel somehow