PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XV: A Retrospective (really nice video)

Egami
02-28-2015, 11:03 PM
This is a really nice video that details the history of the development of XV from it's first unveiling to the present day. Worth watching if you have the time...

ZRuvIWH6IQE

fat_moogle
03-01-2015, 01:40 AM
Great video! It's funny how last gen that Versus XIII gameplay footage looks, compared to the XV we know now. At least it's aged well xD

Scotty_ffgamer
03-01-2015, 02:18 AM
I must have missed some of those trailers when they were coming out. This seems strange to me since I was super excited about the game when it was first announced and always wanting to know more about it, but I guess some of that stuff was hitting right when I was in college. It's interesting seeing the older footage compared to new stuff as well. The stuff on PS4 is what I remember all of the footage looking like honestly, but it does look greatly improved when I see it all together now. We'll see how everything turns out in the end!

Also, it's weird seeing the announcement stuff from XIII. I remember how much I was excited for it at the time, and that early footage of watching Lightning fight those soldiers all around her still looks pretty exciting. Shame that game didn't live up to that excitement for me.

DMKA
03-02-2015, 03:27 AM
All that old Versus footage kind of makes me really worried over whether that stuff is going to make it into XV or not, seeing as all those old events (soldiers crashing the party, Noctis fighting the behemoth in the streets, Dragoon lady on top of flying ship) looked fantastic, but we haven't seen any sort of reference to them since the game became XV.

I'm super excited for XV, don't get me wrong, but part of me really wishes we were still getting Versus XIII. It looked wonderful, and with how different FFXV is shaping up to be, feels more like a cancelled game than a merely rebranded one.

Also, this will sound weird, but I feel like I'm going to experience some sense of loss when the game finally does come out after all these years. All this waiting, speculation, and excitement fueled anticipation with each tiny piece of new info SE has drip-fed to us over all this time has been pretty fun in itself, so much so that I doubt the game's potential to outdo the anticipation over it. :p

Tyson
03-02-2015, 06:12 AM
I'm pretty hopeful all of that will still be in the game, the overall story doesn't seem to have changed, I'm guessing it will go something like

1.The game opens with Noctis in the backseat of the car looking sullen, they pull up to that roadblock/barrier with the statues and they enter.

2.Then you have the party where he meets Luna/Stella, they converse for awhile as the game cut's back and forth to the confrontation between the king and the white cloaked guy at the peace treaty

3. The ship crashes the party and everyone is running for there lives, Noctis and Luna/Stella get seperated (which is referenced in one of the new trailers when they seem surprised/relieved to know she made it out.

4. Is Noctis and the gang fighting there way out of the city, they all load up into the car (this is the scene with them all arguing speeding down the city streets)

5. They get out of the city and see all the dropships flying into it, (this is the part in the trailer where Noctis talks about them "being blasted into oblivion!")

6. Some point after this the car breaks down and they meet Cidney, (demo starts here) She'll repair the car but they've got to find a way to pay for the repairs (They see a bounty for killing the behemoth on the noticeboard in the demo)

7. The game opens up from here, you can do some side quests but the main goal is to kill the behemoth so you can pay for the repairs and get the car back from Cidney. (The demo ends here with them driving off and Cidney waving)

I mean i'm sure there's stuff in between they haven't shown, that's just how I've pieced it together.

JunkoEve
03-03-2015, 12:49 AM
I'm pretty hopeful all of that will still be in the game, the overall story doesn't seem to have changed, I'm guessing it will go something like

1.The game opens with Noctis in the backseat of the car looking sullen, they pull up to that roadblock/barrier with the statues and they enter.

2.Then you have the party where he meets Luna/Stella, they converse for awhile as the game cut's back and forth to the confrontation between the king and the white cloaked guy at the peace treaty

3. The ship crashes the party and everyone is running for there lives, Noctis and Luna/Stella get seperated (which is referenced in one of the new trailers when they seem surprised/relieved to know she made it out.

4. Is Noctis and the gang fighting there way out of the city, they all load up into the car (this is the scene with them all arguing speeding down the city streets)

5. They get out of the city and see all the dropships flying into it, (this is the part in the trailer where Noctis talks about them "being blasted into oblivion!")

6. Some point after this the car breaks down and they meet Cidney, (demo starts here) She'll repair the car but they've got to find a way to pay for the repairs (They see a bounty for killing the behemoth on the noticeboard in the demo)

7. The game opens up from here, you can do some side quests but the main goal is to kill the behemoth so you can pay for the repairs and get the car back from Cidney. (The demo ends here with them driving off and Cidney waving)

I mean i'm sure there's stuff in between they haven't shown, that's just how I've pieced it together.

You are awesome. I've always wanted to piece together the storyline based on partial info from the trailers. But you took the cake.

However, my predicted storyline goes like this....

1) Story opens with young Noct and his life with dad (breakfast scene from E3 2013)
2) Young Noct plays with young Luna (from another country with political ties), he gets into a near-death experience. Daddy comes looking for him (this is the scene where he was running towards his daddy in one of the older trailers)
3) Cold war erupts and devastates Luna's country.....
4) Luna on the run..... (most probably in hiding, leaving Noct wondering what happened to her)
5) King Regis decides a peace treaty to end the Cold War
6) Thus, the peace party with Noct in a suit....(from here on out, it's slightly different from your version)

7) Noct sees new blonde girl Stella, he thinks it's Luna....after so long.....but it's not. Thus the conversation.....
8) Meanwhile, peace treaty talks fall into despair, Regis and Niflheim fight. (I think Regis was killed here). The party gets crashed by Niflheim forces.
9) Noct and co round up after the party crashes, run towards the Palace. Sees the calamity, Noct goes bazookas....says he wants to return it "tenth fold". Ignis says he can return it "a hundredth fold". They go outside the palace and starts a killing spree......They are outmatched and ended up having to run away, aiming for out of the country.
10) Noct runs into Stella on the way out of Lucis (still in Lucis). Stella reveals her true intentions (she is against Noct and co and supporting her own country or allying with Nilfheim, all for the crystal), they fight (as seen in the older trailers). Along the fight, Stella says something like she has no choice but to fight him for the crystal. She says she's sorry but she still has to fight him. The gang manages to win. Stella says, not to worry about her, and Noct has to live his own life (E3 2013 trailer). Noct and co runs out of the city, speeding and arguing in the car (old trailer). Apparently, Noct still wants to fight and kill the Emperor responsible for his father's death, saying things like "because I'm strong" (E3 2013). Gladiolus and co pulls him away, saying something like they have to regroup and plan their strategy first.

11) Then the Niflheim forces occupy Lucis. Aiding the citizens to gain their foothold and trust. Noct goes on a rampage (Jump Festa 2014), saying things like "I'm the next King!! I should be protecting them instead!!"

12) Luna contacts Noct through Ignis, asks to meet in Altissia, to give him a new piece of info (TGS 2014)
13) Car breaks down, meets Cidney. Cidney asks for money for the repairs. Gladiolus says they're "poor". Noct says something like "If my Dad was around, he'd give me a brand new car stat!!!". Prompto says "chill out Noct, we can make this". Ignis says "Stay focus Prompto, use your head not your loins!"
14) Noct and co goes off to fight Smoke eye.....

and the journey begins........

P/S: Honestly, I think Noct is going to be a spoiled, pampered, rich Prince. A bit whiny at first, but he gets better as life teaches him about hardships. Thus, this explains why Nomura said, players won't like his attitude at first.

Pete for President
03-03-2015, 06:03 PM
Interesting video. I'll start believing in a release when I see it though, no sooner than that.