PDA

View Full Version : What did you like most about the Gold Saucer?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-01-2015, 03:46 PM
Now that the Gold Saucer has been brought to Final Fantasy XIV, I thought it would be a good time to look back on some of our favorite Final Fantasy VII moments.

This isn't restricted to mini-games, if you liked going on a date with Barret you can talk about that, as well.

First, some music to set the mood:

OKub_mnrGiQ

Egami
03-01-2015, 08:54 PM
- The date with Tifa while Words Drowned by Fireworks plays. Very beautiful moment overall and it also lets you get a good feel of the atmosphere in the Gold Saucer itself.
- During the date as well, the part where Tifa gets angry when you mess up the play and hits you and then hits the dragon. Very funny.
- Dio, quite a figure isn't he?
- The wonder square, it really gave you this feel of an actual arcade.
- I like the theme as well, it really sets the mood for the place.
- And the minigames, of course, I really liked them and while some are more fun than others, I found none of them annoying or tedious to play. My favorites are probably G-Bike, Torpedo Attack, Chocobo Racing and Battle Arena.

Aerith's Knight
03-01-2015, 09:15 PM
The dread, hopelessness and despair of the prison.

..Uh, I mean the kupo nut game, of course. :shifty:

Pike
03-02-2015, 01:56 AM
The music :love: one of my favorite songs in the whole game!

Crop
03-02-2015, 03:21 AM
That roller-coaster game! Over 6000 every time baby!

Sephex
03-02-2015, 05:34 AM
How oddly satisfying it is to race chocobos and get all the items. If you have a gold one, you can even destroy Teioh's black chocobo in a race. I also love what a fever dream both courses are, and how colorful they get. Ah, gives me that comfort gaming feeling.

Shiva95
03-02-2015, 01:47 PM
The music, the Wonder Square and the date with Tifa.

Pumpkin
03-02-2015, 03:17 PM
Leaving

VeloZer0
03-02-2015, 07:24 PM
I was never a huge fan of Gold Saucer. I didn't feel that it fit thematically with all the other areas of the game.

Skyblade
03-06-2015, 03:02 PM

You mean the game that invented the "playable movie" genre? We can blame Mog House for the creation of such titles as Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls.

It may have been a fun diversion, but it was something that should have remained a single incarnation. The impact it had on the gaming world has ruined it, in my mind.

Aerith's Knight
03-06-2015, 05:51 PM

You mean the game that invented the "playable movie" genre? We can blame Mog House for the creation of such titles as Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls.

It may have been a fun diversion, but it was something that should have remained a single incarnation. The impact it had on the gaming world has ruined it, in my mind.

That game was a torture device and existed only because it was the quickest way to get 30 GP.

MJN SEIFER
03-07-2015, 01:51 AM
The Speed Square, the Chocobo Square, and the Wonder Square. Though, I will admit, that when I was younger I loved the Wonder Square because at the time, I thought I'd grow up to be a Games Designer, so it was inspirational to me at the time (I thought I'd make "updated" versions of the games they had).

Battle Square is fun, even if I don't really have the Battle Points figured out.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-07-2015, 03:04 AM

FFIX Choco Boy
03-07-2015, 03:17 AM
I'm a little torn between Chocobo Races and Battle Square. I loved the music, too, but that's a given in any Final Fantasy. If I was forced to choose... I'd go with Chocobo Races, but only just.

Aerith's Knight
03-07-2015, 08:05 PM

*shudders with PTSD flashbacks*

MJN SEIFER
03-07-2015, 10:01 PM

*shudders with PTSD flashbacks*
How come?

I Will Set You Free
03-08-2015, 03:40 AM
(The Date) Aries...when she got cloud to go on the date, you knew it was 'something special'
since she wouldn't be able to control her future, as it would be "in stone" already. Other then...
that part of game, saucer in general the first meeting of cat sith as fortune teller :)

Spooniest
04-17-2015, 11:58 AM
None of you said G BIKE?!?!

I am disappoint

Spooniest
04-17-2015, 11:59 AM
Though honestly, whipping Joe and Teioh's butts with a Black Chocobo of your own is pretty cool.

escobert
04-18-2015, 04:57 AM
Wonder square was fun! And I like the sub game.

Vermachtnis
04-18-2015, 05:16 AM
I like when you go really fast off a jump in the Snowboarding game and land in the G-Bike game and City Escape starts playing while Joe is chasing aboard the Ghost Ship. Only to get to the end and have DIO show you up with his mad B-Ball skills. And then you and Joe are on a team vs. DIO and Sir Barkley at B-Ball. Winning is the only way to revive Aeris, to bad DIO is a B-Ball God.

Ayen
04-18-2015, 08:16 AM

I knew there was a reason Mog House was my favorite minigame.

I liked the minigames and the date with Aerith.

MJN SEIFER
04-18-2015, 05:21 PM
Mog House[/I] for the creation of such titles as Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls.

It may have been a fun diversion, but it was something that should have remained a single incarnation. The impact it had on the gaming world has ruined it, in my mind. Is this a joke? The playable movie genre dates back before this...

Cleric
04-19-2015, 06:43 PM
I know it is corny, but I love to visit the Ghost Hotel. Mr. Hangman gets me every time...

Bubba
04-23-2015, 09:56 AM

In all fairness, Mog House can be blamed for most of the atrocities in the world today... including Putin's military occupation of Ukraine, ebola and Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway.

For me, the Gold Saucer is all about the Super Dunk (though it doesn't involve dunking) basketball game. Pay 3000 gil for a day ticket, ace Super Dunk for 300GP, buy a gold ticket and save yourself 27000 gil.

maybee
04-23-2015, 04:48 PM
The motorbike chase mini-game and Cait Sith's theme when you first bump into him.

Snap Jumper
04-23-2015, 08:38 PM
I liked Battle Square, seeing if I could overcome random handicaps to beat enemies. "Off" course, it didn't always work out!