PDA

View Full Version : What is a trance?

Lazerface
03-02-2015, 03:55 AM
Like Terra in a trance state or Zidane and Kuja in a trance state. What exactly is it? Is it a state or emotional calmness, peace, tranquility, like a spiritual awakening similar to concepts found in Buddhism where one reaches Zen? Or is it a state or emotional distress related to feelings like anger and hatred similar to transformations like Super Saiyan, Raiden in Ripper mode, or even the Hulk as an example and such? I've never really figured it out but do any of y'all know so what it is?

Ergroilnin
03-02-2015, 08:10 AM
Obviously it's not zen like state in FFIX. You achieve it by getting hit and canonically when there's is something important going on. Kuja may seem calm in his perma trance state but he is power hunger crazy.

Sephiroth
03-02-2015, 11:36 AM
That depends. Normally a trance is something where you are not conscious of what your body is doing or sometimes you kind of get it but are simply lead by a force. Actually the trance of Final Fantasy is not that differet when it comes ro being lead by a flow of power. With the difference that charaters like Kuja actuall totally control that power after becoming Super Saiyan 4.

Depression Moon
03-02-2015, 03:33 PM
It's what Steiner said it is at the beginning of the game.

Mirage
03-02-2015, 04:17 PM
I think they just put some earbuds on and listen to trance music.

Lazerface
03-03-2015, 02:58 AM
Obviously it's not zen like state in FFIX. You achieve it by getting hit and canonically when there's is something important going on. Kuja may seem calm in his perma trance state but he is power hunger crazy.
So then what does that make FFVI's Trance then?

Ergroilnin
03-03-2015, 08:29 AM
Don't ask me that, never playe VI, but either way they don't have to be the same way so I wouldn't try to make sense out of one for the second.

Lazerface
03-06-2015, 12:06 AM
Ehh you kinda got a point there. I don't think we can make really any sense out of what a Trance really is.

Randy
03-16-2015, 12:35 AM
Trance is square-enix being in denial about the fact that everyone knows they're called Limit Breaks and no matter what they rename them as, they're still Limit Breaks.

Sephex
03-16-2015, 07:02 AM
Trance is square-enix being in denial about the fact that everyone knows they're called Limit Breaks and no matter what they rename them as, they're still Limit Breaks.

Shhh, they send stealth helicopters to anyone who talks trash about Square-Enix. They...uh...silence their critics. Sometimes Tetsuya Nomura himself accompanies the strike team. I've been lucky enough not to get caught.

Though I could have sworn I heard odd sounds in my house earlier. Sounded like some guy was sneaking around wear a suit made out of belts and zippers and whatnot. I checked the house and didn't find anything so I think I'll ab alri

Christmas
03-20-2022, 09:27 AM
It is like going Super Saiyan without witnessing Krillin's Death. Which is why they can't maintain it for long. They are waiting to witness Vivi's death to reach full Super Saiyan form. :bigsmile: