PDA

View Full Version : Sephex plays Five Nights at Freddy's 3

Sephex
03-03-2015, 01:50 AM
Alright, a couple of things before you watch. This came out of nowhere and I played very briskly before I had to go to work. Near the end the video gets choppy, and the right side of the screen duplicates the edge of the screen for some reason. Sorry about that. Though I think I know what caused it, so hopefully it shouldn't happen in future videos. Again, I am doing this with barebones stuff, so it's to be expected. Also, I went into this not knowing much about the game. Enjoy!

OtkKEpSY1RA

Jinx
03-03-2015, 01:58 AM
HYPE

Slothy
03-03-2015, 03:28 AM
Jesus this game seems to be getting sequels every other month.

Sephex
03-03-2015, 04:26 AM
It's all one guy. It's been about 4 months since the last one!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-03-2015, 06:21 AM
That creepy silhouette in the doorway reminds me of the piranha plant monsters in Mario.

Ever think of the warp pipe? You might want one to shuttle away from the jump scares lol

Sephex
03-03-2015, 06:33 AM
LOL, nice observation. I still say when you are actually playing the game, it's unsettling. In fact, what I really like about this game over the other two is that the eeriness and atmosphere is really ramped up. I'll make a note of this in my next video if I remember, but the sound design for this game is absolutely phenomenal.

Psychotic
03-03-2015, 08:13 AM
Dude loves to release it out of nowhere. Sephex you are my markiplier <3 Always loved to watch you play. You've inspired me to LP it myself (though I won't post it on EoFF, this is your turf dawwwwg!) Scott has totally changed it up. The new gameplay is really interesting. Think he's being a bit fan indulgent with all that purple man Atari stuff though.

Shauna
03-03-2015, 08:25 AM
Dammit I need to watch 2! Incentive to catch up initiate. xD

Sephex
03-03-2015, 08:29 AM
(in reply to Psy)

You'll probably do a better LP than me anyway, but I appreciate the compliment! :) I think there is more to the Atari mini games than meets the eye. If I beat the 3rd night during my next session, I think I might try to explore that area some more, assuming it is going to be the same type of sequence.

I agree on how much he has changed it up. I am excited to figure out exactly how to defend myself!

EDIT: Shauna go dooooo it!

Sephex
03-03-2015, 12:51 PM
ARGH!! I recorded another session that I felt went well for multiple reasons, but it recorded all choppy overall. I'm sorry. :( This time I kept an eye on the stream and it didn't look choppy like it did near the end of the first part. I kind of have no choice but to press forward at this point, but I feel really bad about how crappy this is turning out. I have the same exact set up as I did with the first and second game. I might try to tinker with a couple of other things next time I record. I know I record these things bootleg style as is, but I still feel awful about how disagreeable it is being. TRY to enjoy the next part, and hopefully the next one will actually record properly!

jWCrOYTww-Q

Psychotic
03-03-2015, 01:08 PM
Don't worry about picture quality - it's the content of YOU we all care about! I don't think EoFF has ever been one to care about LP video quality, heck, EoFF prefers screenshot LPs anyway xD

This is getting me hyped to play this when I get home from work tonight. Some full on trippy weird shit going on. And it looks pretty difficult too.

Sephex
03-03-2015, 01:17 PM
Thanks, man. I did get sort of lucky that most of the exciting bits weren't too choppy or they were messy in a way where the viewer can still tell what is going on.

I investigated the problem a bit, and the problem seems to be more on the end of Twitch rather than my laptop. I know what to look for now, and I am hoping the next session will be less choppy.

Jinx
03-03-2015, 01:20 PM
It's a little choppy, but worth watching!

Sephex
03-03-2015, 10:30 PM
Thanks again! I was so disappointed with the way the video recorded, so I am glad it is being taken in stride.

Here is the next part! It's more grainy overall, but after skimming through it, it didn't get all choppy! I think the main issue after all the tinkering I did (I tried to stream a good 9 times before I didn't get the "dropped frames" notification) was the server I went on. So I just have to make sure I pick a server that is good for me! So, on to the next session!

qKFf1v1JHbQ

Bubba
03-04-2015, 10:41 AM
I spent last night catching up on The Walking Dead then decided to watch the first video in this LP.

Worst. Idea. Ever. I've had about four hours sleep. That face is smurfing awful! ... to be clear, the weird rabbit thing, not Sephex.

I'll be watching the rest though as I'm intrigued. Definitely during the daytime though.

Sephex
03-04-2015, 10:45 AM
Haha, glad you "enjoyed" it. As I said earlier, sorry that the second part is all choppy. The third is par for the course on how these videos of mine go.

But yeah, this game is pretty intense.

Psychotic
03-04-2015, 12:59 PM
I can't wait to see you take on Night 5! I managed to get past Night 2 though I don't think I'll be doing more than one episode of an LP of it myself xD It took two hours to render just ten minutes thanks to face cam and probably that just to get onto Night 3! Keep fighting the good fight, sir!

Sephex
03-04-2015, 01:00 PM
I WILL RIGHT NOW!!

Now, on to what I wrote before I noticed your new post!

Alright. Got another part up! Come watch a tired and annoyed Sephex as he has more stream troubles! I think this one gets choppy in small spots, but it isn't NEARLY as bad as the second part. Overall, I think this was another solid session, though!

CBVlXDkWlWE

Jinx
03-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Bubba, have you watched his other two Five Nights at Freddy's LPs? If not, you should go watch them in order! The lore from this game is creepy as shit.

Shauna
03-04-2015, 08:22 PM
Finally all caught up!

Pretty damn frightening at times, but it's a cool little game. Still don't think I have the constitution. xD

Jinx
03-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Personally this one isn't freaking me out as much as the other two (the first one especially). The idea being Springtrap is scary, but he's just not that scary to me!

The new animations for both him and the hallucinations (Freddy in particular) are spoopy, though.

Psychotic
03-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Yeah the hallucinations are the truly scary ones.

Jinx
03-04-2015, 08:40 PM
Springtrap is just kind of cute. Especially when he peers around the edge of your door.

Shauna
03-04-2015, 09:16 PM
It is more creeptastic than FNAF2 though, I think.

Jinx
03-04-2015, 09:23 PM
Yeah, but FNAF2 had the godforsaken Puppet.

Sephex
03-04-2015, 09:57 PM
Springtrap is just kind of cute. Especially when he peers around the edge of your door.

I still like the reasoning I came up with for why he moves the way he does especially since he turned out to be the purple man killer. At least, I think I said that in this session. My memory is fuzzy since I had to restart the stream so many times before it became halfway decent!

Ayen
03-04-2015, 11:24 PM
Dear god, they're up to 3 already? I haven't even played the first one yet.

Sephex
03-04-2015, 11:46 PM
So what I thought would keep me busy today fell through. Also, I got great rest, and I ended up at my parent's house with my laptop. Mom is taking a nap, and dad wasn't home yet, so I excused myself out of the living room and attempted to beat that Nightmare mode, which is night six! Do I succeed? Does Springtrap get the best of me? Can Freddy ascend to the level of Super Animatronic?! FIND OUT NOW ON FREDDY BALL Z!!!

-e-Bnp4jpTs

Jinx
03-05-2015, 12:39 AM
It's really fucking creepy that you use BB audio to lure Springtrap given he's a pedophile. Like, really creepy.

Sephex
03-05-2015, 12:48 AM
Yes, that thought occurred to me as well. I think I made not of that in my of my vids. If I didn't, I was thinking about that for sure as soon as I suspected what was really going on in this one.

Jinx
03-05-2015, 12:50 AM
I don't think you did, but I'm sure it crossed your mind. It's fucking SKEEVY. *shudders*

Sephex
03-05-2015, 12:59 AM
You see the secret pics? Showcases purple guy in the suit? They are...something.

http://i.gyazo.com/d93e961e9be692f8787a8e26874461c4.jpg

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/709653298215676682/16086F281FB1DB36FD02BFF76FF8766153CBE32C/

There is another one, but those two are the "best" ones.

Jinx
03-05-2015, 01:04 AM
Yeah, I saw those! Creepy stuff!

Sephex
03-05-2015, 03:41 AM
Yeah, I saw those! Creepy stuff!

http://33.media.tumblr.com/79c0014f5efef49d5178d4b5f61039ef/tumblr_nklzx8b4Ef1rujr74o1_400.gif

Psychotic
03-05-2015, 08:43 AM
PURR FOR PRESIDENT!

If you're interested in FNAF lore... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1kw1RmzrPc

Sephex
03-05-2015, 08:45 AM
Yes, I've seen both videos about FNAF on that channel. Good stuff! Can't wait to see if he makes one about the third game!

And yes, Purr annoying me inadvertently gave the the focus to win Night 5!

Psychotic
03-05-2015, 02:09 PM
Dude nice work acing Night 6. You are a FNAF pro!

Shauna
03-05-2015, 06:35 PM
Nicely done, sir. :D

Sephex
03-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Thank you guys!

Psychotic
03-05-2015, 09:12 PM
Some of you will already be aware of it but I can't help but watch the review of one of the maker's earlier (failed) games that spawned the creation of FNAF and cry with laughter.

GcvRx0Sx1Hc

His reaction was "You think my kid game was nightmare fuel? I'll give you some fucking nightmare fuel..."

Sephex
03-05-2015, 09:42 PM
Ahahahha, I heard of this game, but I had no idea Jim Sterling did a thing on it! That's awesome!

Jinx
03-05-2015, 09:52 PM
I love how FNAF was his last game before he threw in the towel. And this thing has fucking blown up and it's crazy.

Psychotic
03-05-2015, 10:05 PM
I love how FNAF was his last game before he threw in the towel. And this thing has fucking blown up and it's crazy.Just like FF really!

Jinx
03-05-2015, 10:10 PM
You're right~

What's the phrase? I was thinking it was 'mea culpa', but that's not right. It's a phrase that pertains to this exact kind of situation.

Sephex
03-05-2015, 10:53 PM
So I researched how to get the normal ending. It's seriously an ordeal, and I don't think it will be that entertaining to watch me click random stuff on the screen and play Atari-like mini games VERY specifically. Plus, the only real difference is that the ending screen is that there are four animatronic heads, and they aren't lit up which implies the children murdered that were connected to the suits are finally at rest.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying I don't like the concept. I think it's really cool how Scott hid so many things in order to earn the "happy" ending. I just don't think it will be all that entertaining for me to play, especially since I am desensitized with scares now. I mainly wanted to survive the main game like I did with the other two games, and I have done that!

Jinx
03-05-2015, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I guess the reason the "bad" ending is bad is even though Purple Guy got what he deserved, the children's spirits are trapped with his spirit forever.

I dunno if there will be another one, although he left it open if he wants...since parts got auctioned off!

Sephex
03-05-2015, 10:59 PM
Yeah, I guess the reason the "bad" ending is bad is even though Purple Guy got what he deserved, the children's spirits are trapped with his spirit forever.

I dunno if there will be another one, although he left it open if he wants...since parts got auctioned off!

Yep. I gathered that, as well.

Personally, I'd be happy either way. If this is where it ends, it ends on a good note. If he wants to make another one, great, but I think he should take his time this time and come back with something that is COMPLETELY different in every way. Having said that, I think he's done.

Psychotic
03-05-2015, 11:13 PM
He looks done: http://www.scottgames.com/

Sephex
03-05-2015, 11:28 PM
Yeah, that was a big indicator to me. The more enthusiastic fans are waiting to see Freddy's hand grab the hat any second how, however!

Scotty_ffgamer
03-07-2015, 12:14 AM
I watched you play some of the first game and part of this one. I thought it could be a fun time and decided to just pick up the first two since they are discounted right now. I played the first one a bit just now and almost immediately got golden freddy. Fun times.

I was interested in seeing how different the third game seemed when I watched you play considering the quick release dates.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-28-2015, 03:10 AM
A fourth game was just announced. I'm excited for the Sephex playthrough of that one, assuming it happens.

Sephex
05-04-2015, 03:41 AM
I will as long as my laptop holds out! It runs those game no problem, but it is 4 years old and it is showing its age. It's not one of those "it runs like crap/slow" situations, but I won't be surprised if it craps out completely over the course of the next year or two.

Ayen
05-04-2015, 03:57 AM
At this rate we'll have ten Five Nights at Freddy games.

Sephex
05-04-2015, 05:09 AM
The creator said this is actually the last one. "The Final Chapter" is in the title. Yes, I know horror movies has had titles like that and they kept going, but the creator of the series is very straight forward (when not releasing cryptic pictures to tease the fans) when he talks, so the fact that he's calling it really does say the series is coming to an end with the 4th installment. Personally, I'm a little bit iffy on this one because I thought the third game wrapped things up nicely.