PDA

View Full Version : How much grinding?

Pumpkin
03-05-2015, 06:20 PM
Do you put in to this game? I apparently do not put enough because I always started having an incredibly hard time near the Phon Coast. But now I'm playing it with someone else so I'll probably be doing level grinding when he isn't home so I'll get a lot more of it done

How much do you grind in this game?

metagloria
03-05-2015, 08:10 PM
OMG this is one of favorite games to grind in. By Phon Coast I would probably be level 60-70. Once I got to 50 in the Barheim Passage.

Egami
03-05-2015, 08:33 PM
Yeah I find it super fun exploring every corner of each area and killing every enemy; makes grinding a nonissue; even tho I could have done without the randomly generated chests that give you 5 gil when you expect to get some cool treasure...:)

Karifean
03-05-2015, 10:19 PM
It's not so much that I grind in this game, but there's just sooo many sidequests and hunts and optional areas and espers and other things to do and find that I just always naturally ended up overleveled.

So... uh... not at all?

Skyblade
03-06-2015, 05:43 AM
I grind until I discover the full bestiary for every enemy I encounter. Because I love lore. So, pretty heavily.

Which, unfortunately, makes the game a complete cakewalk where "playing" it basically means moving the analog stick around.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-06-2015, 05:58 AM
I actually didn't grind much at all when I beat it recently. I did grind in the Sandsea at one point for LP. Gave everyone the thing that doubles LP and just walked around since I could kill everything in one hit while I had Netflix going. That was an hour at most.

My main party was definitely below level 60, but I can't remember the exact level I was. Everyone else was in their 20's and just popped out occasionally for a quickening chain. THere were a couple of tough fights, but it wasn't too troublesome for me! I may go back and try to do more of the hunts though. I really ignored a lot of that in the game.

Quindiana Jones
03-06-2015, 07:56 AM
I accidentally grinded all the freaking time, because I loved the combat and I loved the loot system. Basch had a beastly katana from the Werewolves by the time I got to the first demon wall thing, and that thing just dropped. My first playthrough, it damn near destroyed me! xD

So yeah, if you find exploration and looting fun, you'll grind a lot just naturally. If you enjoy playing around with different gambit setups and seeing how well they function, you'll grind a lot just naturally. :D

Slothy
03-06-2015, 11:35 AM
I didn't really grind, but fuck I love this battle system and I did tons of mark hunts because of it so I never really had much trouble. This is really the only Final Fantasy where I've ever enjoyed just dicking around killing things.

Loony BoB
03-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Grind #1: Lhusu Mines
Grind #2: Tchita Uplands

No idea why, but I ended up grinding notably in these spots in both my complete playthroughs.

metagloria
03-08-2015, 03:04 AM
Mine are typically:

Grind #1: Dalmasca Westersand
Grind #2: Barheim Passage
Grind #3: Henne Mines
Grind #4: Nabreus Deadlands (Overlooking Eternity) until lv99

Quindiana Jones
03-10-2015, 03:03 AM
I've forgotten all the names of things. I had the guide, so I pretty much followed those tips. Mines in Ondore's sky place, a stretch in the watery place you meet Mathias (I think) and, of course, Deadlands were my top spots.

Omni-Odin
03-16-2015, 07:03 PM

No idea why, but I ended up grinding notably in these spots in both my complete playthroughs.

If Lhusu was the place with all the bats, then ya I used that to grind endgame.

metagloria
03-16-2015, 10:09 PM

If Lhusu was the place with all the bats, then ya I used that to grind endgame.
That's the other mine, Henne.

Sephex
03-17-2015, 06:22 AM
I did a decent amount and beat the main game with relative ease. I did a good chunk of the extra stuff, but stopped when I realized how much grinding would take place for me to achieve certain tasks. Sometime I'm just not in the mood for it, but FFXII does make regular grinds bearable for the most part.

Pumpkin
03-18-2015, 06:11 PM
Money is the biggest problem right now. I always want to buy EVERYTHING even if I don't need it and money isn't the easiest to get in this game

We're currently at the spot where we're about to go to the aerodome. Found some onion-y monsters that gave some good loot that sold for a lot and bought everything we needed

Karifean
03-18-2015, 06:38 PM
If you sell old stuff you don't need anymore and maybe chain enemies occasionally you should get enough gil to get just about everything.

Colonel Angus
03-19-2015, 01:51 AM
The mine is an awesome place to grind, because there are so many undead, the deaths just rack up. @ some point, they do stop respawning, but that's a good time to run out & save.

Raistlin
03-21-2015, 03:10 PM
Outside of the Lhusu Mines, I actually didn't grind all that much that I recall. Or at least it didn't feel like grinding, because I just explored everything. FFXII was one of my favorite games to explore all areas of all the maps.