PDA

View Full Version : Have you played Minecraft?

Pike
03-24-2015, 05:00 PM
I got pretty into this game for about a week a few years back but then I basically quit after I got over my fix. I know some people are still super huge into it, though. How about you?

Psychotic
03-24-2015, 05:29 PM
Had a real addiction to it since the Xbox 360 release. Absolutely love the hell out of it.

Pumpkin
03-24-2015, 05:41 PM
Michael had it but couldn't figure out how to play so I tried

I didn't figure it out much either :shobon:

Karifean
03-24-2015, 08:32 PM
I played for about 30 minutes a few months ago. Never went back to it. It didn't really thrill me.

Galuf
03-24-2015, 08:54 PM
i play it on 360 when i can... which is never without internet lol ( some stupid security thing prevents you from playing without xbox live) and then never built anything massive really after my adventure map of OoT was deleted.

Leigh
03-24-2015, 09:23 PM
This game causes clinical depression in the unimaginative. As I can personally attest to. Square stone house, with a flat roof. Then I built something better; a larger square stone house with a flat roof. It was like 2x the size of the original.

Skillz

escobert
03-24-2015, 10:02 PM
Nope.

Vermachtnis
03-24-2015, 10:05 PM
I play a little bit of it every now and again. I never get like super addicted. And I can't build worth shit.

Shauna
03-24-2015, 10:07 PM
I have never played. Sometimes I think I should have a look into it... but eh.

Kalevala
03-25-2015, 12:30 AM
Roommate in first year of university built a tower/roller-coaster overlooking a lake of fire in the shape of Rammstein's logo. Put TNT on the track and in the walls one day when he was downstairs in the cafeteria.

Roommate also built an underwater mansion complete with secret rooms and corridors. Broke a single glass tile and chaos ensued. Erected a sign saying "My bad. - David"

David lived down the hall. No one saw David again after that day.

Ayen
03-25-2015, 04:45 AM
I played the demo with my nephew but that's about it. Never learned how to play the game because he kept killing me off.

Vermachtnis
03-25-2015, 04:54 AM
I played the demo with my nephew but that's about it. Never learned how to play the game because he kept killing me off.

Shenanigans like that is why it is banned in Turkey.

Shorty
03-25-2015, 04:56 AM
The last time I played Minecraft, Paul, Steve and I spent our time creating Isengard while Steve rattled on about the obscenely graphic taboo sex he had with a crazy woman for hours. Suns set and rose as we blocked and mined and pieced together our phallic monument, all throughout Steve's sexual reawakening memoir while he described these activities to us.

I have not opened Minecraft since Isengard.

Sephex
03-25-2015, 05:01 AM
Other because I haven't played a little or a lot. I have this tower connecting to other structure that I have been working on for awhile now. It's in survival mode so I have to do it the hard way, but I find that fun. I'll probably go into that whatever mode and build something huge one day.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-25-2015, 06:44 AM
Never got into it, though I've seen the pictures of Midgar and Balamb Garden that people have made and their creations are phenomenal.

For me, it just seems like a glorified digital version of legos and i'm not that interested.

black orb
03-27-2015, 05:41 AM
>>> I tried once but I didnt get it at all.
I think Minecraft is a game for "special" people..:luca:

blackmage_nuke
03-27-2015, 09:02 AM
I played for a week or so by myself before getting bored then a few years later i played for a week or so on a server with friends before getting bored

Shoeberto
03-27-2015, 11:11 PM
My six-year-old nephew adores it, so we play the mobile version a lot. I bought it when it was still in early alpha, and it was a pretty cool toy, but I never got into it the way a lot of people do.

It's great for kids though. It's basically virtual legos.

Mirage
03-28-2015, 12:32 AM
I'm like you, Pike. I played a lot the two first weeks, then came back to it for another week some months later. After that, I haven't touched it.

timemageelf
04-01-2015, 12:12 PM
I used to play it quite a lot, but not anymore. Been busy with other newly released games.

Loony BoB
04-01-2015, 01:43 PM
For about a week, at a rough guess. It was alright, but eventually I got bored.

Iceglow
04-02-2015, 01:54 AM
From building impressive castles which contain over 100,000 blocks in just the outer walls to sculpting giant penises and burning the world. I think myself and Paul have spent way too many hours playing the ever loving shit out of Minecraft. It's one of the few games I own on multiple formats and would always be "Hell yeah I'm in to play" about :)

Freya
04-02-2015, 03:43 PM
I once made a lovely land when Paul and I first discovered Minecraft on 360. It was our first one, we made a castle and a glass thing and a deep mine and then

horror struck

You see I had made another map to mess around on so our land of the gaius baltars would remain untouched by changes.

This second map generated blew. It was mostly water or something.

So I went to delete it.

And I accidentally deleted the land of the gaius baltars.

Paul will never forgive me.

Psychotic
04-02-2015, 03:54 PM
Don't forget the infinite bloody road which I built by hand :colbert:

I like how everyone's Minecraft stories in this thread involve me :shobon:

Freya
04-02-2015, 04:16 PM
You were like a drug pusher.

Didn't I have to suggest it to you at first like "We should play this." "eh" "no we should" "okay!" I mean it wasn't resistance and I may have it backwards. If I did get you into it, look at the monster I created D: Pushing his minecrack on everyone.

Iceglow
04-02-2015, 05:29 PM
he pushes all his cracks on people. Not just his minecrack but that's the deepest crack.

BlackFire
05-04-2015, 07:20 AM
Yes. I have only played a little bit in the demo.
I lost interest not long after that.

Rez09
05-04-2015, 05:11 PM
I generally game in cycles where I play a LOT of a certain game then don't touch it for months; I am currently Minecraft bingeing.

In this current cycle I have built massive bases on 3 servers, each running different mod packs, completing / heavily investing in most mods each offer, and I am about to begin yet again when the server I am currently playing on resets the world in a few days. It's going to suck losing my giant Botania / Thaumcraft / ProjectE desert-forest-garden, but that just means I'll build it better next time. >: D