PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Voices A Final Fantasy Game

Spooniest
03-09-2015, 04:35 AM
Eoff, your moment to shine has arrived.

I, Spooniest, the Spooniest Bard, hereby make the following boastful statement that is not in any way influenced by alcohol, as today I have not had anything to drink.

I will record a video playthrough of any of the first 9 FF games with YOU as the main cast's voices. We can use vocaroo to send voice messages... NPCs may be voiced as well! Everybody get in on this!

The only question is...which one?

WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR YOUR GAMES, GALACTICAMARU (http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ac3KAojipP)

WildRaubtier
03-09-2015, 06:25 AM
mystic quest or bust

FFIX Choco Boy
03-09-2015, 11:48 AM
FFIX, of course. But I don't want to be Vivi. I want to be Blank. Or Marcus.

Leigh
03-09-2015, 09:47 PM
Simply for this!
http://vocaroo.com/i/s012IINcinpG

metagloria
03-10-2015, 01:40 AM
I voted FF5 and I totally want to be a part of it but I don't have vocaroo but I can definitely record audio.

Spooniest
03-10-2015, 02:43 PM
Whoever edited my poll to read "Butz" instead of "Bartz", why didn't you also correct my typos

Shauna
03-10-2015, 02:50 PM
I voted FF5 and I totally want to be a part of it but I don't have vocaroo but I can definitely record audio.

Vocaroo is an online audio recording thing. :)

metagloria
03-10-2015, 03:51 PM

Vocaroo is an online audio recording thing. :)

Oh. I assumed it was an app. If it's just online, I'm good to go then. : )

Aerith's Knight
03-11-2015, 12:00 AM
Seven! I want to be the Mike Tyson of Sephiroths, of B.A. Barret. I actually have a decent mic, so I can do a few voices, if needed.

fire_of_avalon
03-13-2015, 05:01 AM
'Scuse me, but FFIV has one of the best FF quotes of all time. You spoony bards

Sephex
03-13-2015, 05:40 AM
'Scuse me, but FFIV has one of the best FF quotes of all time. You spoony bards

I would actually be down for voicing the original US translation because it would be hilarious to hear people act out poorly translated lines.

Euon
03-15-2015, 08:49 PM
This sounds amazing to watch. If I can, toss me in as supporting cast! Deep voiced Englisman as a Treno noble or some such? Haha.

Fynn
03-19-2015, 07:10 AM
I don't know who to voice :ohdear:

Sephex
03-19-2015, 08:04 AM

The White Wizard of Fynn! No matter what is chosen. Just awkwardly insert yourself in the project and talk in your normal voice as flatly as possible.

Fynn
03-19-2015, 09:20 AM

The White Wizard of Fynn! No matter what is chosen. Just awkwardly insert yourself in the project and talk in your normal voice as flatly as possible.

Makes sense. I'd make a great Minwu.

Seriously though, I'd play Kuja any day of the week. I got the sissy villain voice down :D

Sephex
03-19-2015, 09:47 AM
Your name just got shortened now. W...WHAT IS HAPPENING?!!

Fynn
03-19-2015, 09:51 AM
Your name just got shortened now. W...WHAT IS HAPPENING?!!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Spooniest
03-20-2015, 12:29 PM
So far it's an even break between 7 and 9.

Would that be a 7-9 split lol?

People have got to start voting on this, I know there are more than 12 people on these forums who can talk.

Fynn
03-23-2015, 06:30 PM
Looks like someone saved the day.

metagloria
03-23-2015, 07:42 PM
Well if we do IX, I call Amarant since I'm like the only person on the internet who likes him.

Spooniest
03-23-2015, 07:47 PM
I call Steiner and the knights of pluto

Fynn
03-23-2015, 09:51 PM
I already called Kuja, but I call him again.

Lawr
03-23-2015, 10:50 PM
The 12 Days of Christmas EoFF version ain't got nothin on this! For some reason I think IX would be the best choice here.

Fynn
03-27-2015, 04:57 PM
Sooooo... Are we doing this or nah?

Leigh
03-27-2015, 05:21 PM
Wouldn't this take like...gazillion hours?

Spooniest
03-27-2015, 06:35 PM
I'm still up for it, but we don't have enough peoples

metagloria
03-27-2015, 06:41 PM
Wouldn't this take like...gazillion hours?

On the part of the assembler, sure. But the recording wouldn't take more than an hour or two per person. Just gotta find the game script, record yourself saying all the lines, and send that audio file in.

Fynn
03-27-2015, 08:19 PM
We need to make this more visible somehow.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-27-2015, 08:30 PM
I want to be short guard. Or both short guard and tall guard.

Mainly, I just want to say the line "I'm telling you, people who eat pickles are nice people."

I would love to be Steiner, but I don't have a good voice for him, blegh.

Shauna
03-28-2015, 01:20 AM
It may be better to record some classic scenes from FF9 rather than the whole thing. x}

FFIX Choco Boy
03-28-2015, 04:34 AM
I vote for the whole thing, personally. I would love doing some of the areas of the game because there's a lot of hidden humor spread around. (Though, as I would be voicing Marcus and Blank, I don't think I'd have much funny dialogue going on.)

Fynn
03-28-2015, 07:34 AM
I vote for the whole thing, personally. I would love doing some of the areas of the game because there's a lot of hidden humor spread around. (Though, as I would be voicing Marcus and Blank, I don't think I'd have much funny dialogue going on.)

I agree. That's the whole point for making a Let's Play. And it won't be too much work for the individual character voices anyway, since there isn't quite so much dialogue in the game in the first place. Once we get enough people to take part, it's not much of a difference whether you voice the whole thing or not.

By the way, do we have to use Vocaroo? I'm asking cause my computer mic makes my voice sound horrible, and I got this app that lets me record on my iphone and then email it to people.

I can also take on more roles than Kuja if there isn't enough people. If no one volunteers, I guess I could try to tackle Zidane, even if it's a lot of dialogue and I'm not sure I can do the voice right. Also, I guess I could voice some moogles. Yeah, give me the male moogles, Stiltzkin included. My voice for Teddie from Persona 4 is spot on, so I think I can do the funny animal voice too.

Shauna
03-28-2015, 12:14 PM
I was just suggesting since the whole game is a massive undertaking. Not saying you can't do the whole thing eventually, just to start out small to see the level of effort required by everyone to do even a 5 minute scene and then build from there.

Or not and do the whole millionty hour game in one go. :shrug:

ALSO having examples of things getting done is a great way to stir up interest.

Spooniest
03-28-2015, 12:43 PM
So if I'm interpreting the people correctly you're saying let's do IX.

I will explore the options.

This could take a day or two. Be back w/ you.

~ SPOOOOOON

metagloria
03-28-2015, 01:38 PM
I'll also pitch in and offer my services for "additional voices". I'm sure I could handle 4 or 5 minor characters in addition to Amarant.

Leigh
03-28-2015, 04:15 PM
Do you intend to voice all non-essential NPCs?

Spooniest
03-28-2015, 05:41 PM
Perhaps just the unique story related characters??? I don't know where to draw the line in terms of which characters are important.

Fynn
03-28-2015, 05:46 PM
Perhaps just the unique story related characters??? I don't know where to draw the line in terms of which characters are important.

Maybe we should start with just story scenes, then. And later maybe add the NPC voices if enough people want to participate?

Kalevala
03-28-2015, 08:50 PM
I think doing the entire thing would be overkill/wouldn't end up getting finished. I'm with Shauna in that I think doing some of the major/funniest scenes would be a good place to start, since we haven't had a successful attempt at anything like this before (have we?).

Regardless, I'd gladly participate.

Spooniest
03-28-2015, 10:42 PM
Well, the first major hurdle is that I do not know how to record video of a playstation emulator while it is doing its thing.

I will continue looking into it. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying that I do not know how this may be done.

Shauna
03-28-2015, 11:27 PM
Grab any capture program. OBS for example.

Spooniest
03-29-2015, 12:34 AM
OBS? I'll google it.

Meanwhile, I've come up with this:

7DgkkqfNgww

Lawr
03-29-2015, 01:15 AM
Good gracious Spooniest your Barrett voice is awesome! Actually they were all done very well.

metagloria
03-29-2015, 01:28 AM
I personally wasn't fond of Cloud, but the Barrett one ruled :D

Leigh
03-30-2015, 12:01 AM
If love to be involved as soon as proper preparations begin. If people don't want to commit to the full thing, then maybe use Shauna's idea and make it episodic.

The dialogue in Final Fantasy though, will be hilarious. As the great Harrison Ford once said to George Lucas "You can write this, but you can't say it!". I fear moments of hilarity will ensue.

Fynn
03-30-2015, 02:36 PM
The biggest problem I see so far is that all the people who volunteered so far are guys. There's already a couple of us, so if we divide all the male voices between us, it should be okay, but we can't really voice girls without it sounding really, really stupid and a little offensive, even.

Leigh
03-30-2015, 03:07 PM
If you can't be offensive on the Internet, where can you? ;)

Fynn
03-30-2015, 03:54 PM

:stare:

Leigh
03-30-2015, 10:23 PM

If you prefer conservatism; think of all those audiobooks voiced by men, surely all containing female characters. :shobon:

Spooniest
04-01-2015, 09:17 PM

If you prefer conservatism; think of all those audiobooks voiced by men, surely all containing female characters. :shobon:

The problem is that you're putting a dude's voice with what is clearly, visually a female, in this case.

We need more ladies to sign up for this. And I'm doing a roll call, who wants to play what?

I'm doing Steiner, and that's that, but maybe not ALL of the knights of Pluto.

metagloria
04-02-2015, 12:59 AM
As before: I am Amarant. (AMA)

Fynn
04-02-2015, 05:42 AM
Kuja and the moogles (Stiltzkin at least). Oh, and from what I remember, there are male and female moogles so it would be awesome if a woman could voice the female ones.

Also, I can be a backup Zidane if we don't get more people.

FFIX Choco Boy
04-02-2015, 06:21 AM
Blank, Marcus, maybe even Baku and Cinna as well.

Spooniest
04-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Erhm...a thing I hadn't considered is that I have a very small hard drive...I can try to upgrade, but this one is probably not large enough to house that many videos.

Uh...I really don't know how to go forward with this until I upgrade my hard drive.

I am looking for work, but in the meantime, if anyone wants to contribute, they may buy my album on iTunes, I suppose. Not to be blunt about it, but I am limited by the equipment I have.

Perhaps we could do it one disc at a time? I may be able to save enough videos from one disc of the game onto the flash drive I have.

Shauna
04-02-2015, 01:21 PM
Alternatively, someone else can do the video/audio syncing. :p

Spooniest
04-02-2015, 01:22 PM
Ideally yes but I'm not sanguine of putting work I chose to do up for grabs...

But yeah, that'd work too.

Shauna
04-02-2015, 01:31 PM
It's a team effort, though? Someone else doing the recording and gathering the audio from all involved isn't exactly taking away from you leading the project? :confused:

I'm not saying you do the recording and pap them over to someone else. I meant the other individual does all that work too.

Spooniest
04-02-2015, 01:59 PM
You misunderstand

I simply desire the work

If I'm not drinking i become a workaholic instead

But if anyone's up for it? I donno.

Shauna
04-02-2015, 03:58 PM
There is a lot of buzz about this, I'm sure that someone will be happy to record the video.

Because if the options are someone else record OR buy you a new HDD OR simply do not do the thing at all... I think I know the option most will opt for. :p

Kalevala
04-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Here is my audition tape: http://vocaroo.com/i/s128EjeXwprx

Pumpkin
04-02-2015, 08:52 PM
Can I be Vivi? Do I use Vocaroo?

Spooniest
04-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Sure.

Pumpkin
04-02-2015, 08:57 PM
Yay :3:

metagloria
04-02-2015, 09:53 PM
A girl voicing a male character?!?! I AM OFFEND :mad2:

Spooniest
04-02-2015, 10:56 PM
A girl voicing a male character?!?! I AM OFFEND :mad2:

This works because Vivi is a child-like character. See: Bart Simpson.

Also I wonder if you'd mind voicing Dagger as well Pumpkin? As our only (as yet) female cast member, it'd help immensely.

Pumpkin
04-03-2015, 02:30 PM
Okay

I'm leaving for a week tomorrow though so that'll give you guys time to sort all of this out :D

Fynn
04-04-2015, 07:01 AM
I'm all for waiting for Spoony to take his time. It's his project, and I'm still really busy atm, I mean, if we started, Id find some time to record this, but its always nicer to have more legroom.

Spooniest
04-08-2015, 02:29 PM
I have video of the first scene in the game. It's 6 minutes long, and consumes 54 megabytes of memory, so the entire 40 hour game ought to consume 21,600 mb. I have the space.

There are slowdown issues. :( It's probably because my Playstation emulator is trying to play back the sound (through my USB interface) and record it (through my USB interface) at the same time. It's not that bad.

So I'll get this posted up on youtube and we'll get to work, what do you say?

The voices for this scene are:

Zidane - Fynn

Blank, Marcus, Cinna - FFIX Choco Boy

Baku - Spooniest

I decided to take on Baku, since I have the advantage of being older and a smoker, it ought to sound pretty gruff. :)

Ok, I'll go upload this.

Edit: Ok, done. To your vocaroos peoples!

[THIS WAS ONCE A YOUTUBE LINK BUT I TAKES IT DOWN]

Fynn
04-08-2015, 02:38 PM
I have video of the first scene in the game. It's 6 minutes long, and consumes 54 megabytes of memory, so the entire 40 hour game ought to consume 21,600 mb. I have the space.

There are slowdown issues. :( It's probably because my Playstation emulator is trying to play back the sound (through my USB interface) and record it (through my USB interface) at the same time. It's not that bad.

So I'll get this posted up on youtube and we'll get to work, what do you say?

The voices for this scene are:

Zidane - Fynn

Blank, Marcus, Cinna - FFIX Choco Boy

Baku - Spooniest

I decided to take on Baku, since I have the advantage of being older and a smoker, it ought to sound pretty gruff. :)

Ok, I'll go upload this.

Edit: Ok, done. To your vocaroos peoples!

FbJUSZd_Nc0

Cool. Will do my best.

EDIT: A dumb question, to be sure, but you want seperate recordings for each line, right?

Spooniest
04-08-2015, 02:46 PM
Cool. Will do my best.

EDIT: A dumb question, to be sure, but you want seperate recordings for each line, right?

Yes please.

Fynn
04-08-2015, 02:47 PM
Cool. Will do my best.

Yes please.

Got it. Do I post them here, or do I mognet them to you?

Spooniest
04-08-2015, 02:48 PM
Cool. Will do my best.

Yes please.

Got it. Do I post them here, or do I mognet them to you?

Why don't you mognet them to me?

Spooniest
04-08-2015, 03:47 PM
Uh, it occurs to me that not everyone pronounces the names in this game the same way.

For brevity's sake, I'll go with the following:

Zidane = "Zi-DON"
Cinna = "SIN-uh"
Vivi = "VEE-VEE"
Steiner = "STY-ner"
Kuja = "KOO-ja"
Brahne = "BRON"
Freya = "FRAY-uh"
Quina = "QUEEN-uh"
Amarant = "AM-uh-rent"
Eiko = "ACHE-ko" (http://vocaroo.com/i/s0RmP4p01zJk)

If there are any questions/challenges/additions to these, I need to know now, for continuity's sake.

Fynn
04-08-2015, 04:04 PM
I have a question regarding Alexandria.

Is the middle "a" an "ash" (seems more standard and logical to me, since that's how Alexander is pronounced) or a low-back "ah" ("AlexAHndria")?

Also, it would also be cool if you had any directional ideas to give us (if you have any) when posting each clip :)

Spooniest
04-08-2015, 04:10 PM
Also, it would also be cool if you had any directional ideas to give us (if you have any) when posting each clip :)

Other than trying to maintain continuity of pronunciation, I want to be very hands-off. Take it as seriously or as not seriously as you like, I don't mind as long as you're saying what's on the screen. :)

EDIT: As you mentioned, I think I'd prefer the "ash" a in Alexandria.

Loony BoB
04-08-2015, 04:20 PM
Not going to be doing voices but thought I'd chip in on this bit.

Zidane = "Zi-DON"
o_o This is the weirdest one I've seen. Surely it should be Zi-DANE (or if you prefer, Zi-DAYN)

Brahne = "BRON"
Brahne to me was always "Bra" with an n tacked on.

Amarant = "AM-uh-rent"
Am-uh-rant seems more correct to me.

Eiko = "ACHE-ko"
I say this "EYE-ko". I can see it going either way on this one though. Now that I think about it, you could probably also go with EE-ko. I'm not sure on which is technically correct!

Shauna
04-08-2015, 04:36 PM

Zidane = "Zi-DON"
o_o This is the weirdest one I've seen. Surely it should be Zi-DANE (or if you prefer, Zi-DAYN)

Zi-dan or Zi-dayn would be acceptable.

These rules on pronunciation will not work very well with your international audience, because I'm not sure if Zi-dan and Zi-don are pronounced similarly and it's just my own perception of what that sound is that's different. Same goes with Amarant.

Brahne and Eiko are just silly. ;)

Spooniest
04-08-2015, 04:46 PM
Too bad, I am the Evil Final Fantasy IX Overlord and we're pronouncing it this way or the highway...

...Is what I would say if I were a huge butt.

What am I supposed to do though, hold a poll for every name pronunciation? :( That'd take fourteen years at least...

Spooniest
04-08-2015, 05:26 PM

Zidane = "Zi-DON"

Brahne = "BRON"
Brahne to me was always "Bra" with an n tacked on.

Amarant = "AM-uh-rent"
Am-uh-rant seems more correct to me.

Eiko = "ACHE-ko"
I say this "EYE-ko". I can see it going either way on this one though. Now that I think about it, you could probably also go with EE-ko. I'm not sure on which is technically correct!

My Japanese dictionary says "ei" is pronounced this way in Japanese...Im not sure if that clears it up but I've been saying it "ACHE-ko" for a long time now.

Fynn
04-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Well, from what I've gathered, the pronunciations Spoony listed are the correct ones, having either been confirmed by Dissidia (yes, it's Zi-DAHN/Zi-DON) or the Japanese romanizations (so no EYE-ko).

IMO, it's important that these stay consistent. If half the people present mispronounced the name of a person present, it would be incredibly distracting.

One thing I guess could be a good idea for making sure people pronounce the names the way you intend them too without worrying that they won't read your transcriptions right - post some vocaroos. I could alternatively type them out in IPA, but I doubt that effort would end up being appreciated :p

Dat Matt
04-08-2015, 05:44 PM
Uh, it occurs to me that not everyone pronounces the names in this game the same way.

For brevity's sake, I'll go with the following:

Zidane = "Zi-DON"
Cinna = "SIN-uh"
Vivi = "VEE-VEE"
Steiner = "STY-ner"
Kuja = "KOO-ja"
Brahne = "BRON"
Freya = "FRAY-uh"
Quina = "QUEEN-uh"
Amarant = "AM-uh-rent"
Eiko = "ACHE-ko"

If there are any questions/challenges/additions to these, I need to know now, for continuity's sake.

I do agree with most of the above list, but here's the ones I'm contesting.

Zidane = "Zi-DON" -> "Zi-Dane"
Brahne = "BRON" -> "Brah-ne"
Amarant = "AM-uh-rent" -> "AM-uh-rant"
Eiko = "ACHE-ko" -> "Eye-ko"

Regional differences will affect pronunciations. Our pronuciations will not accurately reflect yours. Try sticking these words into This online Text to Speech Converter (http://www.readspeaker.com/voice-demo/) and compare "English (American) - Male" to "English (British) - Male" for example.

Personally, I would disregard the consistency anyways as all your characters are from different locations in the world and will have different accents anyways.

Shauna
04-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Zi-DAHN and Zi-DON are pronounced massively differently though? At least when I read them they are, and that's part of the issue.

It's all well and good to say that you want Brahne to be pronounced "BRON", but how much is that Spooniest's own personal dialect and accent affecting how he would write that down? In my own personal dialect, "BRON" is probably a lot harsher and shorter than what is said by Spooniest himself.

There definitely needs to be an agreed upon pronunciation, maybe using the text-to-speak thing that Matt posted up will help us come to an agreement. Or yes, a vocaroo.

Fynn
04-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Also, Eidolon. Do we go with how they pronounce it with IV and XIII? I know some people consider that pronunciation incorrect. I'm also a bit uncertain about Iifa.

EDIT: If no one wants the part of the rat kid escorting Vivi in Alexandria, I can give it a shot. Been feeling pretty confident lately. Also, since the main party does t even have all the voices yet, I volunteer to also take on the voice of Quina (unless it's taken). I also think we desperately need voices for Freya and Eiko, unless Pumpkin wants to voice all the girls on our team by herself.

metagloria
04-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Zi-DAHN?

That's it, I'm out.

Spooniest
04-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Well...

I'm not sure how to build a consensus on this. Without some kind of unanimous agreement on the way names are pronounced, it seems difficult to go forward. I don't want to be Dickey the Dictator over here, but I am unsure of what to do...I really wish Yoshitaka Amano, Hironobu Sakaguchi and Hiroyuki Ito (et.al.) were available to ask about the pronunciation of this stuff, but they are, in fact, rather difficult to get ahold of. :/

Maybe we could roll dice to see who gets to decide how the names are pronounced? That would be a fair way to do it.

Fynn
04-08-2015, 07:27 PM
You guys, skip to about 6:15.

7-ph3qvk1AY?t=6m15s

Zi-DAHN is canon. Proof.

EDIT: Also, an unrelated question. Will this be going on our official EoFF Youtube channel?

Shauna
04-08-2015, 07:31 PM
I think it's fine to determine what way to pronounce things to have consistency. You just need to be very clear, and ensure that there is no confusion as to what you mean. If that means Vocaroo-ing, that's fine. Trying to type things out simply does not work due to regional differences.

Spooniest
04-08-2015, 07:35 PM
You mean like this? (http://vocaroo.com/i/s0RmP4p01zJk)

My problem here is that vocaroo clips are not permanent. They expire. I guess this means that I'll have to repost this a few times if there are questions about it...

Please don't think that I'm irritated by this or that I consider it unimportant. I do want to present a good finished product, but I also don't want to piss anyone off in the process. Metagloria just quit, for goodness sakes. :)

Fynn
04-08-2015, 07:39 PM

My problem here is that vocaroo clips are not permanent. They expire. I guess this means that I'll have to repost this a few times if there are questions about it...

Please don't think that I'm irritated by this or that I consider it unimportant. I do want to present a good finished product, but I also don't want to piss anyone off in the process. Metagloria just quit, for goodness sakes. :)

You can just change his name to Geoff or something. Then no one will complain :exdee:

On that note, are we keeping Dagger as the name for our Princess? I personally like it, but I know I'm in the minority here.

Spooniest
04-08-2015, 07:42 PM

You can just change his name to Geoff or something. Then no one will complain :exdee:

On that note, are we keeping Dagger as the name for our Princess? I personally like it, but I know I'm in the minority here.

I'm going to use the names that are given to you by the game by default...I think that makes sense to do.

Fynn
04-08-2015, 07:53 PM
I guess if it's a problem we can either use the previous episodes as reference or you can correct the people who send you sound clips with different pronunciations.

Spooniest
04-08-2015, 08:12 PM
FfxiChocoBoy has yet to check back, but he's agreed to play Cinna, Blank and Marcus. When he checks in with his clips, I can start combining.

FFIX Choco Boy
04-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Sorry, I seem to be on a very different sleeping schedule than you guys. That entire conversation hadn't even started by the time I was out. :P Just got all mine finished and messaged in.

Spooniest
04-09-2015, 01:12 AM
TM7DdI-N0XQ

Here she is! Episode 1 in all her 6 minute glory.

Cast:

Zidane - Fynn
Blank, Cinna, Marcus - FFIXChocoBoy
Baku - Spooniest

FFIX Choco Boy
04-09-2015, 01:55 AM
My lines are really quiet. Is there any way to boost the audio on them? My mic doesn't go any louder than it is.

Spooniest
04-09-2015, 02:03 AM
My lines are really quiet. Is there any way to boost the audio on them? My mic doesn't go any louder than it is.

Yeah I noticed...could you get closer to the mic and speak with a little more oomph, maybe?

I can try to boost them but it's gonna be touchy. It's easier to turn someone down than up.

FFIX Choco Boy
04-09-2015, 02:32 AM
It's a headset mic, so if I get any closer, it gets all staticy. I can try to speak up a bit, but I'm a naturally quiet person. You and Fynn sounded GREAT, though. Unfotunately, I've not voice acted in... about 2 years, so I've sort of gotten rusty at it. I used to be a lot better, but after hearing them all mashed into the video, I can tell that it's me doing all 3 characters.

Spooniest
04-09-2015, 03:37 AM
Eh don't be so hard on yourself...I think we've made a good thing. It'll get better with time.

FFIX Choco Boy
04-09-2015, 03:50 AM
I'm only hard on myself because it's something I actually used to be good at.

Fynn
04-09-2015, 05:47 AM
That sounds pretty darn great for a start! Spiniest is killing it as Baku and Choco Boy - it's impressive how you can make the characters sound so distinct from one another. I just hope I can pull my weight, since this is my first ever voice acting thing. Might be good to start by not breathing into my mic so much :/

And yeah, the volume differences are a bit weird, but I guess this is something we'll get better in with time.

Also, I think I need to share a little scheduling tidbit - I have no opportunities to record from Friday to Monday, due to my busy schedule, and Thursday is the single best day for me to record. I could even record more than one scene then. I should be able to record everyday since about the end of June, but that's still away. So if you guys wanna do this more efficiently, maybe you could set up like a cue of videos per week so that they're all ready by one day?

Spooniest
04-09-2015, 05:52 AM
Also, I think I need to share a little scheduling tidbit - I have no opportunities to record from Friday to Monday, due to my busy schedule, and Thursday is the single best day for me to record. I could even record more than one scene then. I should be able to record everyday since about the end of June, but that's still away. So if you guys wanna do this more efficiently, maybe you could set up like a cue of videos per week so that they're all ready by one day?

None of this should be a problem...there's no rush.

Ayen
04-09-2015, 06:11 AM
It's a headset mic, so if I get any closer, it gets all staticy. I can try to speak up a bit, but I'm a naturally quiet person. You and Fynn sounded GREAT, though. Unfotunately, I've not voice acted in... about 2 years, so I've sort of gotten rusty at it. I used to be a lot better, but after hearing them all mashed into the video, I can tell that it's me doing all 3 characters.

You may just need a better mic. I had an old headset mic that was crap. Turned to the mic I had on my tape recorder and it does wonders.

Voices fit the characters very well. I've been saying Zidane wrong for the longest time.

Fynn
04-09-2015, 07:35 AM
Just found out I can upload files on Vocaroo. So I can now record my audio on my iPhone and send it over, so from now on it won't be as static-y as the first episode was, which I find awesome :D

Spooniest
04-09-2015, 02:40 PM
I'll buy that for a dollar! I'll follow your lead there and record my vocals direct into Cubase when I'm doing the combining.

Fynn
04-09-2015, 03:16 PM
Awesome!

How's the footage recording coming along?

Spooniest
04-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Awesome!

I'm putting off recording anything else until Pumpkin gets back. It's a little difficult to continue, as she is playing Vivi and presumably Ilia as well.

You said you wanted to play Puck, right Fynn?

Fynn
04-09-2015, 03:38 PM
Awesome!

I'm putting off recording anything else until Pumpkin gets back. It's a little difficult to continue, as she is playing Vivi and presumably Ilia as well.

You said you wanted to play Puck, right Fynn?

I'm up for that. We've got little voices as it is, and I think I can pull him off.

Spooniest
04-11-2015, 03:52 AM
Has anyone seen Pumpkin?

I'm gonna go ahead and record episode 2 and start putting voices in.

metagloria
04-13-2015, 03:52 AM
Just watched the episode! First of all, nice job everyone! Spooniest's Baku is just perfect.

Second of all, I am not behind SO MANY of y'all's pronunciations. Zi-DAHN. GAR-net. OH-glops?! Maybe there's a reason these games weren't voiced...

Fynn
04-13-2015, 05:09 AM
GAR-net

0_o

You do realize a garnet is an actual thing? Pronounced exactly like that? (http://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/garnet) Don't worry, though, since we'll mostly be saying Dagger anyway :exdee:

FFIX Choco Boy
04-13-2015, 05:46 AM
Yes, OH-glops. How else would you say that?

Fynn
04-13-2015, 05:51 AM
OGG-lops, I suppose?

Spooniest
04-13-2015, 05:59 AM
I cannot record it more than one way

Lol, I guess this is an ancillary entertainment aspect of something like this.

Spooniest
04-13-2015, 06:24 AM
[THERE WAS A VIDEO BUT I REMOVES IT]

I'm sorry, I did a lot of aimless walking around in this video :| I'm still new at this. There are four main voices in this video:

Puck, Vivi, Kupo, and Stitzkin.

Puck is Fynn.
Vivi is Pumpkin (also, Pumpkin, will you record lines for Ilia? The "You dwopped your ticket" girl)
Who wants to be Kupo?
Who wants to be Stiltzkin?

Let's do this up!

Fynn
04-13-2015, 06:58 AM
FgBdRpnciws

I'm sorry, I did a lot of aimless walking around in this video :| I'm still new at this. There are four main voices in this video:

Puck, Vivi, Kupo, and Stitzkin.

Puck is Fynn.
Vivi is Pumpkin (also, Pumpkin, will you record lines for Ilia? The "You dwopped your ticket" girl)
Who wants to be Kupo?
Who wants to be Stiltzkin?

Let's do this up!

Like I mentioned, I'm doing all (male) moogles, Stiltzkin included.

Time to get to work then! Got a lot ahead of me.

EDIT: Are we leaving all those minie NPCs voiceless?

Shauna
04-13-2015, 09:56 AM
Do you not have a program that doesn't have that terrible "screecast-o-matic" at the bottom of it?

Fynn
04-13-2015, 11:42 AM
Shauna, why don't you join? We're gonna need a Beatrix pretty soon :exdee:

Spooniest
04-13-2015, 12:55 PM
Do you not have a program that doesn't have that terrible "screecast-o-matic" at the bottom of it?

Now you've made me curious

What program ought I be using?

Fynn
04-13-2015, 01:22 PM
I know fraps is popular, but I'm not sure it's free.

Shauna
04-13-2015, 01:36 PM
Fraps is free, however, the free version has a watermark too.

OBS is the one I use (for my Life is Strange walk through, as a live example to look at), and I find that easy to set up and use.

metagloria
04-13-2015, 02:29 PM
GAR-net

0_o

You do realize a garnet is an actual thing? Pronounced exactly like that? (http://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/garnet) Don't worry, though, since we'll mostly be saying Dagger anyway :exdee:

Yeah, but, the name isn't necessarily the same as the stone. I've ALWAYS called her gar-NET.

Yes, OH-glops. How else would you say that?

OGG-lops, I suppose?

Exactly. Same "o" sound for both vowels.

Spooniest
04-13-2015, 02:39 PM
Episode 3 will be recorded using OBS.

@ Metagloria: I pronounce Oglop that way too, but I'm not doing Blank's voice, so it was up to FFIXChocoBoy.

Really, let's not be hardasses about this, this is for fun.

Spooniest
04-13-2015, 05:20 PM
Fynn's dialog for Episode 2 is downloaded to my comp. I'm still waiting on Pumpkin to check back.

Fynn
04-14-2015, 05:14 PM
When the moogles come on screen just... make sure you lower your volume :p

Pumpkin
04-14-2015, 05:18 PM
So how do I do this? Record the lines on vocaroo and send them? Each individually?

And I'm starting and Vivi's first lines and the lady NPC's and also doing Garnet?

Fynn
04-14-2015, 05:23 PM
So how do I do this? Record the lines on vocaroo and send them? Each individually?

And I'm starting and Vivi's first lines and the lady NPC's and also doing Garnet?

So, as spoons said, you record each individual line on Vocaroo and then send the links over to him. You're just Vivi and the little girl for this video :)

Pumpkin
04-14-2015, 05:23 PM
I just meant long term as far as voices. I'll see what I can get done today but most will be sent over tomorrow :D

thanky

Fynn
04-14-2015, 05:45 PM
Go Pumpkin! :D

Spooniest
04-14-2015, 05:52 PM
Yay pumpkin! Now we will finish episode 2

fat_moogle
04-14-2015, 07:30 PM
OGG-lops, I suppose?

Yep, that's how I prounounce it.

Also I tried watching Episode 2 but I get no sound.

AND Vocaroo doesn't support mobile so I can't help with any of the VA.

Fynn
04-14-2015, 07:54 PM
OGG-lops, I suppose?

Yep, that's how I prounounce it.

Also I tried watching Episode 2 but I get no sound.

AND Vocaroo doesn't support mobile so I can't help with any of the VA.

You can always record on your phone, send it over, and later upload to Vocaroo. That's how I do it.

Pumpkin
04-15-2015, 05:29 PM
Recorded and sent. Warning, I have no vocal range

Fynn
04-15-2015, 05:30 PM
Bring it on, spoons! Let's see the thing!

Pumpkin
04-15-2015, 05:34 PM
I'm planning to do a slightly deeper, snobbier voice for Garnet

again, as close as I can get to one xD

Fynn
04-15-2015, 07:24 PM
Oh yeah. I know I was the one who said guys shouldn't voice women, but... I have an idea for Queen Brahne's voice. Anyone object?

Spooniest
04-15-2015, 09:44 PM
The audio and video are combined and the episode is printing.

:D Drumroll please...

FFIX Choco Boy
04-15-2015, 10:20 PM
I don't have a drum, but I do have something else... *thousands of Chocobos stamping*

Anyways, Fynn, I think that should be fine. I believe the Queen would have a fairly androgynous voice with how she looks.

Spooniest
04-15-2015, 10:28 PM
VPH_LFgFmNM

Here 'tis!

Cast:

Vivi Ornitier - Pumpkin
Puck - Fynn
Kupo - Fynn
Stiltzkin - Fynn
Ilia - Pumpkin
NPC Child - Spooniest
Man - Spooniest
Ticketmaster - Spooniest
Dante the Signmaker - Spooniest

I think the next episode will be a major jump in quality, with everything I've learned producing this episode, plus, I'll be switching to OBS as per Ms. Shauna's suggestion, so no more "Screencast-O-Matic" logo. :)

Hope y'all enjoy it!

sharkythesharkdogg
04-16-2015, 12:41 AM
I've been told I should volunteer for this?

Give me some characters and lines. :shrug:

I can't think of any characters I'm super attached to, but Steiner and/or the Dwarf Village dwarves could be fun.

Spooniest
04-16-2015, 04:08 AM
Sorry, I was at an audition

I'll be with you in a bit

Fynn
04-16-2015, 05:04 AM
I've been told I should volunteer for this?

Give me some characters and lines. :shrug:

I can't think of any characters I'm super attached to, but Steiner and/or the Dwarf Village dwarves could be fun.

Spoons has already called Steiner, from what I can recall. But I think the dwarves are still up for grabs. And you know, we're probably gonna need fresh new voices for the minor NPCs every episode, so...

EDIT: So anyway, I just watched the episode and I'm really satisfied with how it turned out! I just hope we keep getting better and better :D Pumpkin, your Ilia is adorable and Vivi sounds just like Id imagine him too. And you, Spoony, do a great job with all these different characters, and I must say your voice is quite pleasant to listen to!

sharkythesharkdogg
04-16-2015, 04:51 PM
I can voice Piss and Poop Zorn and Thorn, and make them sounds like the horribly annoying little motherfuckers that they are.

I HATE those two. Actually it's probably better for pumpkin if she doesn't have to hear me doing their voices. She knows the voice.

Spooniest
04-16-2015, 05:26 PM
I can voice Piss and Poop Zorn and Thorn, and make them sounds like the horribly annoying little mothersmurfers that they are.

I HATE those two. Actually it's probably better for pumpkin if she doesn't have to hear me doing their voices. She knows the voice.

I have my own, (http://vocaroo.com/i/s151sePIahOd) but it's terrible, so I'd welcome your talents voicing Zorn and Thorn! Thank you! I'll pitch shift Thorn to be higher in pitch than Zorn. The only problem is going to be keeping it straight which one is speaking.

This had to be a bitch for the programmers to keep straight, too, I bet! lol

Fynn
04-16-2015, 06:04 PM
Why don't you guys voice one each, just trying to emulate the same voice?

Spooniest
04-16-2015, 06:12 PM
That sounds like fun, but I feel like it'd be more efficient if one person voiced them...

I donno, how do yall feel?

sharkythesharkdogg
04-16-2015, 10:10 PM
pumpkin hates that voice, so I'll try to come up with another appropriately annoying voice. Hmmmmmm.

Laddy
04-17-2015, 10:24 PM
I really wanna do this but I have a somewhat feminine tone whilst speaking. I'll make a quick audition of characters yet to be done later.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-17-2015, 10:31 PM
Use it to your advantage.

They were discussing earlier that they don't have enough female voice actors.

Fynn
04-18-2015, 06:09 AM
Yeah, the more, the merrier :)

Spooniest
04-21-2015, 04:25 PM
I really need to get off it and record a new episode soon.

Fynn
04-21-2015, 04:31 PM
Glad you noticed ;)

Spooniest
04-21-2015, 06:20 PM
I have 2 questions for Shauna.

1) How do I view and edit a .flv file? OBS is spitting them out at me and my computer doesn't have a file association for it.

2) Do you use a Mac? I'm using a windows comp.

Shauna
04-21-2015, 07:38 PM
OBS exports 'em all as MP4s for me, so I'm guessing you've got some option chosen that's telling it to do this.

Spooniest
04-21-2015, 08:59 PM
Something tells me you have a Mac. You have a Mac, don't you?

Shauna
04-21-2015, 09:18 PM
Nope, working on Windows.

Fynn
05-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Spoony, you okay?

Spooniest
05-05-2015, 09:17 PM
:/ well, since you asked, if I convert the .flv files to something more common, then I'll be able to work with them more easily.

It's just boring and time consuming converting video files. I can still do this, though I'm going to have to delete all the voice clips and "clean" videos at some point.

Laziness is my #1 flaw, just saying. I still intend to do episode 3, I've just been job hunting lately, and not playing final fantasy iii.

Shauna
05-06-2015, 11:17 AM
I still don't know why you're having the issue with it not auto-exporting as MP4. :shrug:

BlackFire
05-08-2015, 09:18 AM
Since the XIII trilogy is the only one I know, I will opt for that one.
I will be Noel Kriess.

FFIX Choco Boy
05-08-2015, 10:34 AM
We already started it, BlackFire. We're doing FFIX (One of the best ones of them all, I still recommend playing it), but if you'd like to be a character that hasn't been claimed yet we could probably work it out. When Spooniest gets it back up again, that is. Most characters are pretty easy in FFIX, though. Their first few lines form a basic personality that doesn't change much through the entire game, and you can use those and their looks to get a good idea of what they'd sound like.

Spooniest
05-09-2015, 08:02 PM
I apologize but I cannot get OBS to give me anything usable. I tried converting the .flv files to .mp4s but that didn't work...I guess I don't have the program set up correctly because I got audio recording but no video, just a blank black screen. The music is there, but there's no video recorded for some reason.

Anyway, at this point, I feel like I have two options:

1. Return to using Screencast-o-matic.

2. Let someone else record the video, and simply continue to provide the combining service once they send me the raw video.

If there are any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Fynn
05-09-2015, 08:47 PM
I'm fine with Screencast-o-matic, personally

Shauna
05-09-2015, 09:13 PM
Right so, after a really really really quick google search for how to solve your problem, I stumbled upon the solution.

Settings
Broadcast Settings

Change the File Path from .flv to .mp4

Spooniest
05-09-2015, 11:59 PM
Right so, after a really really really quick google search for how to solve your problem, I stumbled upon the solution.

Settings
Broadcast Settings

Change the File Path from .flv to .mp4

I implemented this solution, and while I am now able to view what I am recording, it isn't what I want.

This is a much more complicated to use program than Screencast, to be honest with you Shauna, and it's eating up so much processor time that I just think it would be better for me to use Screencast. I just had OBS outright crash on me when I clicked record.

I don't know how much better your computer is than mine, but I'm guessing you haven't had it since 2007.

Shauna
05-10-2015, 12:12 AM
Aye maybe. :shrug:

Shiny
05-12-2015, 12:09 AM
Will Psychotic being voicing Tidus?

Fynn
05-13-2015, 08:13 AM
So, back to screencast-o-matic? I for one wasn't bothered by the watermark and I miss recording the voices.

Spooniest
05-13-2015, 11:03 PM
8hm0TciVU1Q

Here is the raw video...voice away!

Calling Pumpkin...Fynn...FFIX Choco Boy...

Voices for this episode:

Zidane = Fynn
Dagger = Pumpkin
Baku = Spooniest
Cinna, Blank, Marcus = FFIXChocoBoy

So there! ;) NOTE: FFIXChocoBoy: You do not have to send me voice clips for Blank's Stage Cues. That will be fine as it is.

Pumpkin
05-14-2015, 07:36 PM
Really sorry to do this but I literally just remembered that I can't do this. Our laptop is dead and my desktop doesn't have a microphone

sorry :(

Fynn
05-14-2015, 07:54 PM
Really sorry to do this but I literally just remembered that I can't do this. Our laptop is dead and my desktop doesn't have a microphone

sorry :(

Oh, that's rough :(

Can you maybe record on your phone? There are a lot of apps that allow you to record your voice and then email the files. You can later use the upload option on Vocaroo. That's what I do.

Pumpkin
05-14-2015, 08:00 PM
I have no Internet on my phone, unfortunately

Don't suppose the Vita has a microphone :monster:

Fynn
05-14-2015, 08:28 PM
I think it does.

No wait - yes! It definitely does!

Fynn
05-16-2015, 06:17 PM
So... Spooniest got banned? What now?