PDA

View Full Version : Which game had the best soundtrack of the XIII trilogy?

Scotty_ffgamer
03-09-2015, 05:19 AM
So, I've been listening to some of the tracks from Lightning Returns again, and I forgot how fantastic a lot of the soundtrack was. Which of the games do you think had the best music, and which tracks stood out the most to you?

Fynn
03-09-2015, 06:55 AM
Oh man, all three soundtracks are spectacular. Though I still this the original was the best composed one. It's like, when Hamauzu works alone, you can see that artistic vision there. The soundtrack is cohesive with lots of really nicely composed tracks. And while I also really enjoy his work in the other two games (Hero of the Goddess and Crimson Blitz say hello), I don't think the other two composers deliver quite the same level of quality. I mean, I still really like them both, but Hamauzu just really has the level of an artistic music composer. While the other two are great video game music composers, Hamauzu is simply a great composer, on a completely different level than the other two.

Shiva95
03-09-2015, 12:47 PM
All the soundtracks are amazing, but I think I prefer Lightning Returns' one a little bit.

metagloria
03-09-2015, 02:37 PM
All amazing, and I think I like XIII-2's best.

Loony BoB
03-12-2015, 11:26 AM
I think I prefer the original. Tough call though, like others have said.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-13-2015, 06:33 AM
I love all of the soundtracks. Each game has some true gems, but when I read the thread title one song came to mind right away:

Worlds collide and people fade
Seeking gates through timelines, we've all prayed
Let's fix the past, trade it now to see smiling faces
This hope, heart of Chaos cannot take
Paradoxes must break, this is the path I must take
My destiny may change your fate
The pain my heart feels is my strength

_J5vsL0A-EY

Puft
03-13-2015, 07:18 PM
All amazing, and I think I like XIII-2's best.

I second that!

I often listen to a mixed playlist with music from mostly XIII and XIII-2... For some reason, XIII-2 helps keep me calm and mellow while I'm brainstorming. Origa's voice fits the atmosphere perfectly. All are great, though.