PDA

View Full Version : What is your biggest dream?

Jinx
03-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Has to be something realistic (I'd love to go to Hogwarts too) but doesn't necessarily have to be something easily achievable (LET'S COLONIZE SPACE).

My biggest dream (since I was 13) was to join the Peace Corps. As I've gotten older, I'd really just love to go to India and do humanitarian work with orphans. Really any underdeveloped country with a big orphan population that needs love. I'd probably come home with 20 kids, but you know.

What is your biggest dream?

Leigh
03-11-2015, 06:14 PM
To wake up, because life is a nightmare.

Dysthymia withstanding; Become a composer, or an animator / character designer. Big dreams for someone who can't draw past stickmen and barely plays an instrument.

Pumpkin
03-11-2015, 06:27 PM
Make a positive difference in someone's life

Shorty
03-11-2015, 08:57 PM
It was to visit Paris, but I achieved that last October!

Next on the list would probably be spending a few months in a monastery for a silent retreat. Somewhere not in America; preferably Tibet.

Fynn
03-11-2015, 09:52 PM
Become a published author. Have a fandom of my works. Touching people on a personal level through my writing. Changing the world for the better bit by bit.

chionos
03-11-2015, 10:43 PM
Publish.
Run an orphanage (or foster care).
Invent a revolutionary alternate energy source.
the usual

Slothy
03-12-2015, 02:00 AM
To make a living building bespoke drums and guitars, largely using unconventional materials and rarely used building techniques.

Well, that and for the BBC to fuck off and give me back my Top Gear.

CimminyCricket
03-12-2015, 02:13 AM
Have children and be a father those children can be proud of.

Pheesh
03-12-2015, 09:20 AM
Making enough money to get by from music alone. Ideally that would mean being in a semi-large touring band and releasing albums, but I would be happy with making money from youtube or some other avenue.

Chris
03-12-2015, 11:06 AM
My biggest dream? I honestly don't know. I am pretty content with my life as it is at the moment. Getting married next year. :jess:

Loony BoB
03-12-2015, 11:18 AM
To love and to be loved all through my life. Nothing is more important to me.

noxious.sunshine
03-12-2015, 02:29 PM
I'm not sure anymore. I'm kind of "lost" right now.

Other than buying a house and getting my kiddo back, I guess being in a place where I can take care of my dad better... I'd love to be able to buy a big enough house and have him move in with me.

Unfortunately, he'll probably die by the time that becomes a possibility.

Night Fury
03-12-2015, 03:57 PM
It's pretty silly but I'd love to be a Broadway musical actress. I often feel like I waste the face I can sing really well. And I loved drama at school but I suffered from horrid shyness and never got proper roles - but I loved being surrounded by friendly happy people all the time... I'd love to play Galinda in Wicked or Roxy in Chicago.... Ahhhhhh.

escobert
03-13-2015, 12:42 AM
To have my own sheep farm where meat is not the primary income. I very much dislike sending animals for death.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-13-2015, 01:31 AM
A world kept alive by the memories of the fayth.

Colonel Angus
03-13-2015, 02:47 AM
To have my own sheep farm where meat is not the primary income. I very much dislike sending animals for death.
Try selling them to insomniacs.

blackmage_nuke
03-13-2015, 07:00 AM
Immortality - Probably impossible
Convince the world to abide by my stronger political and religious views - also impossible
Ridiculously rich - very unlikely
Ensure my genetic line continues - also unlikely
Ridiculously secure financially - Reasonably possible but probably mutually exclusive from the previous dream

Pike
03-13-2015, 10:33 AM
My biggest dream is to be secure enough financially that I can afford a small apartment, write for a couple of hours (to pay the bills), and then play video games the rest of the day.

Two out of three ain't bad I guess. Just gotta up the income on my writing a bit and I'll be there. :)

Bubba
03-13-2015, 01:59 PM
Have children and be a father those children can be proud of.

This for definite. First part is on the way, hopefully the second part will happen too!

I always wanted to go on tour either on my own or in a band. I'm pretty sure MissH would not agree to this so I will have to live vicariously through my son when he grows up and is part of a successful rock band.

noxious.sunshine
03-13-2015, 03:07 PM
Oh yeah kids...

I just want my girl to be genuinely happy. Depression runs in my family and I myself deal with it without medication while my dad and sister both take something and so did my mom.

I hope she doesn't get to a point where that's a necessity.

Old Manus
03-13-2015, 05:25 PM
The dream is to have a garden big enough that I can put a cricket strip on it to practice on. One day.

That and to make lots of money so that I can retire in Barbados.

Shiny
03-14-2015, 09:10 PM
To be a contenda.

Crop
03-14-2015, 09:16 PM
To become mega rich. Then I can spend my life travelling the world.

Laddy
03-15-2015, 02:10 PM
I want to be able to get my pen-and-paper RPG and board games published and just be a dev.

Ceiladora
03-16-2015, 03:22 AM
I'm with my dream. :) the lady of my life. :heart:

Sephex
03-18-2015, 02:57 AM
Just to live life as long as possible, as happy as possible, and full of people that I love.

Hallmark~So easy to use no wonder it's number one!

starlet
03-18-2015, 03:51 AM
I'd have a non-profit pet grooming salon (all profits go to charity) and adoption center. I'd run it out of a pet store that has been shut down. People are more likely to adopt dogs out of a clean, welcoming atmosphere. Save all teh doggies!