PDA

View Full Version : FFVIII Animated Short film

black valentine
03-12-2015, 10:42 AM
Hello everybody! My brother is a studying animation and he's now working with a project of making a short animated film based on the story of FFVIII. It's just for the school so no harm done to Square. Because I'm a huge FF fan he asked me to write the script for the film. The film's gonna be around 7-10mins only. If someone here has some ideas for the script and want to share with me then please do. Would be more fun to make this together :)

zackk
03-12-2015, 10:52 AM
Can I ask where you are from? A friend of mine was studying a couple years ago in Ekbackeskolan (http://ekbackeskolan.nu/) in Sweden (where I'm from as well) and they had a similar kind of task with FFVII. I saw some of their films and must say they weren't too good to be honest.

Good luck with the project! Maybe the story could concentrate on Laguna and his story??

maybee
03-12-2015, 11:05 AM
Be careful, because Square has a habit of finding out about these things and closing them down. Example, Chrono Trigger fan remake and Final Fantasy VII fan novel.

black valentine
03-12-2015, 11:56 AM
Can I ask where you are from? A friend of mine was studying a couple years ago in Ekbackeskolan (http://ekbackeskolan.nu/) in Sweden (where I'm from as well) and they had a similar kind of task with FFVII. I saw some of their films and must say they weren't too good to be honest.

Good luck with the project! Maybe the story could concentrate on Laguna and his story??

Not in Sweden sorry my friend. It's always fun to know we have Final Fantasy fans everywhere in the world ! About Laguna? Hmmm.. interesting idea!

black valentine
03-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Be careful, because Square has a habit of finding out about these things and closing them down. Example, Chrono Trigger fan remake and Final Fantasy VII fan novel.

It's not a commercial film, just a project for the school.

Loony BoB
03-12-2015, 03:29 PM
This is a really cool idea for a film project. :) I hope it goes well! I'm not very good at script stuff, but maybe you could do something surrounding Balamb Garden - perhaps learning how to use magic for the first time?

Leigh
03-13-2015, 06:10 PM

Luckily, unless he is legally named Black Valentine, they might have trouble figuring out who to send the cease and desist letter to. :P

Problem with precious ventures of this type is that you should just make them behind the scenes. Then just drop the bombshell when you are 100% done, launch it via torrent, and have your website hosted by tripod.com. =P

McLovin'
03-15-2015, 08:52 AM
Life in Esthar. How they think about the world around them in relation to Galbadia and the SeeD organization. How Laguna has been watching Squall and co, and helping them out. Would be cool.

Ceiladora
03-16-2015, 04:27 AM
It would be so beautiful to see the orphanage scenes all set up and filmed. Those scenes nonetheless would make me rather nostalgic, but I'm intrigued about an FFVIII movie. :) I hope the locations, editing and voice acting goes well. Keep me in the lieu! :D