PDA

View Full Version : Twitch - The Discussion

Sephiroth
03-13-2015, 01:26 PM
What is your opinion about twitch?

Dante WolfWood
03-13-2015, 03:02 PM
Overpopulated but a good source of entertainment. I enjoy watching friends, who aren't local, play games like hotline miami, and listen to them rage! lol

I don't get the big appeal of watching famous let's players though. More annoying than anything.

Psychotic
03-13-2015, 03:09 PM
I prefer YouTube series to live streams on Twitch. Editing makes gaming content so much better - no watching people grind an RPG, for example, or the streamer taking a break. You can also watch LP episodes in bitesize chunks at times convenient to you. Yeah, I know you can watch previous Twitch broadcasts but then by doing so you're negating the one advantage live streaming has in being able to interact with the player and other viewers in real time.
I don't get the big appeal of watching famous let's players though. More annoying than anything.Depends entirely on the LPer.

Spuuky
03-13-2015, 04:05 PM
Twitch chat is a haven of scholarship and class, a true showing of what can happen when the finest minds in the land come together for a single purpose. Just watch any Dota or LoL stream.

Jinx
03-13-2015, 04:25 PM
It's a shitty website with a counterintuitive user control panel/interface, but it's the one that is most popular, so you pretty much have to use it if you watch streams.

Aerith's Knight
03-13-2015, 06:08 PM
Sellouts.

escobert
03-13-2015, 06:23 PM
I like watching a few DayZ streams. I stream from time to time but haven't in awhile.

Sephiroth
03-13-2015, 08:59 PM
I got banned multiple times from channels for no reason at all. I know I discuss a lot but I only got banned once for that (and even that was after like two sentences which disagreed with the twitcher) but today I got banned from one chat for agreeing with the behaviour of the twitcher by making a joke. He said something like "what a great way to start a fight" as he resetted it immediately and I said "yes, a great way: resetting lol". Once I got banned from the same channel when the guy was upset (as always) because of asking who he is talking to.

Twitch community really is youtube level.

Skyblade
03-13-2015, 10:45 PM
It's fantastic if you are using it for a particular event, such as AGDQ or tournament coverage.

Otherwise, it's completely useless due to the difficulty of scheduling alone. And, as Psy pointed out, is nowhere near as good as a properly edited vid.

Bolivar
03-14-2015, 12:43 AM
I like the curated, professional content and how it showcases the most popular online games of the moment. Using it has always been easy and fun, what's not to like?