PDA

View Full Version : Which classes did you choose for your party in the original Final Fantasy?

Dat Matt
03-25-2015, 05:01 PM
Fighter, Red Mage, Black Mage and White Mage Master Race. Or are you cooler than that and only used white mages?

metagloria
03-25-2015, 06:02 PM
As I've described elsewhere (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/156341-This-game-is-hard-but-not-as-hard-as-I-used-to-believe), back in the day I would roll with 4 Fighters. Nowadays I usually play the Dawn of Souls version, which means you can be a lot more free with your classes and still dominate. I'm an old school Fighter, Black Belt, White Mage, Black Mage kind of guy. I was working on a Red/Red/White/Black run, but never finished it.

Vermachtnis
03-25-2015, 06:54 PM
I'm an old school Fighter, Black Belt, White Mage, Black Mage kind of guy.

That's my favorite set-up too.

Euon
03-25-2015, 07:18 PM
I originally beat FF with Fighter, Thief, Black Mage, White Mage. I did a Fighter, Red Mage, Black Mage, White Mage run but I feel most comfortable with Fighter, Monk, Black, White.

FFIX Choco Boy
03-25-2015, 10:53 PM
The first party I ever beat it with was Monk (Black Belt) x4. And that's a party I go back to from time to time, as well. By far my favorite as it provides both challenge and limitless potential.

Sephex
03-26-2015, 03:56 AM
Man, I'm stretching my mind here, and I am not 100% sure on this, but I believe it was Fighter, Monk, White Mage, Black Mage. I played this game when it was brand new, but saw a friend and a cousin play the game at length before I had my own copy, so it is very hard for me to remember accurately.

Spooniest
03-26-2015, 05:14 AM
I am officially the first person who always brings a Thief. Besides White Mages, they have the best chance to run of anyone, and hello, they become Ninjas

Bubba
03-26-2015, 12:55 PM
One white mage. I had the other three killed at the start.

The ultimate challenge.

theundeadhero
03-26-2015, 11:44 PM
More proof that a thief is useless and stupid.

My first was Fighter, Thief, Black Mage, and White Mage, but in any playthroughs I do nowadays I never use a Thief or Black Mage.

Ayen
03-27-2015, 04:20 AM
Fighter, Red Mage, White Mage, Monk.

VeloZer0
03-27-2015, 06:14 AM
I am officially the first person who always brings a Thief. Besides White Mages, they have the best chance to run of anyone,
Only true starting in Dawn of Souls and subsiquent remakes. In NES and FF:Origins it has zero effect.

First playthrough was Fighter-Theif-Black Mage-White Mage. Upon discovering that Black Mages and Theives largely suck I eventually settled on:
Fighter-Fighter-Red Mage-White Mage. I'm not familiar enough with the DoS mechanics to have a favourite party there.

Tamagon
03-29-2015, 05:58 PM
In the older versions I tend to use a mixture of Fighters and Red Mages, but in the newer versions I go for something more balanced, like Warrior/Monk/White Mage/Black Mage.