PDA

View Full Version : Dirge of Cerberus Love

Forsaken Lover
03-16-2015, 05:41 AM
This game... I probably shouldn't like it.

But I do.

06EXCf5zXUk

Shelke was my favorite character. I liked her story and development and relationship with Vinny-Mac. And at least I can say she had an awesome theme. Then again, I think even the people who hate the game recognize it has some really cool music.

I also liked her dub VA. Why isn't Kari Wahlgren in more things?

Anyway, what about all you? Anything positive to say about this video game?

metagloria
03-16-2015, 01:46 PM
Screw the haters! This game was awesome (outside of any sections requiring you to play as Cait Sith). I liked the gameplay, the story, the atmosphere, everything.

Euon
03-16-2015, 02:44 PM
I enjoyed the presentation and style of the game quite a bit, it was nice to play as Vincent in a third person shooter with some degree of magic still in there too. I particularly enjoyed the limit breaks I recall and the little snippet of Genesis at the end, having played it fresh off the Crisis Core bandwagon.

Contrasting, I'm eternally upset I never got the multiplayer story.

Fynn
03-16-2015, 06:58 PM
I feel really bad for Hamauzu, honestly. He is an amazing composer (I really like him better than Uematsu at this point) but the games he composes for are the titles that get the worst reputation. Dirge of Cerberus had an amazing soundtrack, just like FFXIII and Unlimited Saga.

... That said, I'm really sorry, but I didn't enjoy this game. It was really clunky to play and the story was a garbled mess.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-16-2015, 07:39 PM
I remember enjoying the game a good amount, but it was one I only rented. I've been meaning to get a hold of it again so I can see what I'd think about it now. I did remember the OST being good though, and it is quite fantastic listening to it again right now.

Hamauzu worked on X as well, right? I know you aren't a fan Fynn, but it at least is loved by a lot of fans. Not sure how much involvement he had in that though. He has some good stuff, but XIII isn't one of my favorite soundtracks. It's still good, but I much prefer XIII-2 and Lightning Returns. It could easily be because I just prefer the games overall though, and everything else about XIII might just taint even the music of the game for me. I dunno.

Forsaken Lover
03-16-2015, 10:06 PM
Contrasting, I'm eternally upset I never got the multiplayer story.

What I find most annoying about this is that most of the plot and backstory of the Tsviets is in the Multiplayer.

What idiot thought of that and why did they let him do it?

Fynn
03-16-2015, 10:20 PM
I remember enjoying the game a good amount, but it was one I only rented. I've been meaning to get a hold of it again so I can see what I'd think about it now. I did remember the OST being good though, and it is quite fantastic listening to it again right now.

Hamauzu worked on X as well, right? I know you aren't a fan Fynn, but it at least is loved by a lot of fans. Not sure how much involvement he had in that though. He has some good stuff, but XIII isn't one of my favorite soundtracks. It's still good, but I much prefer XIII-2 and Lightning Returns. It could easily be because I just prefer the games overall though, and everything else about XIII might just taint even the music of the game for me. I dunno.

His contribution to FFX is also pretty phenomenal, but I didn't list it there because that game is really popular. Besides that, however, I fear he has shitty luck.

Skyblade
03-17-2015, 06:36 AM
Something, I don't know what, prompted me to do a major, multi-week grind session of this game. I think it's near the end of Chapter 1, but there's a spot early on with infinitely spawning bad guys. I just sat there and killed them over and over and over, grabbing and selling their loot, and just building up experience to convert to cash at the end of the chapter. I just spent like twenty minutes a day doing it, and I still have no idea why.

But then I finished, and I ended the chapter, converted all my experience to gil, and bought every upgrade in the game. I had the final tier of every weapon, every fully upgraded accessory.

After doing this, I actually, really, really enjoyed most of the rest of the game. Having access to all the guns let me customize a more personal loadout (Sniper Rifles for life), and the fact that I had all the money I needed meant that I actually got experience upon completing levels (which, given how much money you actually need in this game, is something that basically never happens usually).

For as long as my PS2 was hooked up, I would still pop this game in every few months and play through a level with my maxed upgrades.

Bubba
03-17-2015, 08:34 AM
I've had this sat in my collection for a while now. MissH bought me a new PS2 for Christmas so I should definitely give it a whirl. Once the games room is set up in my new house I'll get on this.

Sephex
03-17-2015, 08:55 AM
This game had great presentation, and it was interesting to see where the story went since it is the last place the FFVII timeline stops at, but I felt the gameplay was very flawed. I appreciate Square-Enix trying to do something different, and also trying to make a gameplay concept revolve around the raw aspects of a character, but I felt that it felt short.

Buuuuuut...this is a LOVE thread, and I'm not gonna be THAT guy. So I will say that I appreciated that Nomoura kept newer character designs more subdued (for him) because his character designs for the original FFVII were minimalist.

CimminyCricket
03-18-2015, 12:09 AM
I really enjoyed the gameplay, but keeping up with the new cast of characters (who were soooo important and influential, but never mentioned) was really difficult.

Ayen
03-18-2015, 12:19 AM
I enjoyed it until I got to the snipers.

Smurfing snipers.

Puft
03-19-2015, 03:02 AM
I liked this game.

I played through one full time, and replayed story segments that I really enjoyed. I don't think I LOVED it, but I did really enjoy the gameplay and the CG. I must say, I was thoroughly impressed with this game's opening sequence. It's a really beautiful game, but I was lost at certain parts because I haven't actually played Crisis Core nor watched much of the movies related to certain events. I'm sure I've missed out, but it's not a big deal. (I had no idea who that guy was at the end, though, lol...)

I did find that they said, "however" waaay too much, especially Shelke. Her design reminds me of Selphie/Sora, too, but they are nothing alike personality wise.

So yeah, DC is a good game overall, imo.

Quindiana Jones
04-10-2015, 05:11 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed this game, in particular gun customisation. Tragedy is that I only ever played it once. :(