PDA

View Full Version : Digidestined returning?

Masamunemaster
03-16-2015, 08:17 AM
I just saw something vaguely commenting that the original digidestined would be back. Does anyone know if this is a rumor, or can I get excited?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-19-2015, 02:45 AM
I imagine that if it's true, it would only be as a reboot.

The Digimon Adventure 02 ending showed the cast of the first two seasons as adults.

Masamunemaster
03-19-2015, 06:06 AM
Either way I would love to have the original digimon show back.

Pike
03-19-2015, 10:16 AM
I liked Digimon Tamers (third season) much, much better :shobon:

Shauna
03-19-2015, 11:35 AM
Digimon is coming back!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digimon_Adventure_tri.

I never watched so I'm not in with the hype, but yes. It is coming back. Don't listen to LWL! He doesn't know about the animu.

Freya
03-19-2015, 12:15 PM
Yes it's coming back. The original cast will be back as teenagers. I've been tweeting things in fangorl squee since I hear about it.

Pumpkin
03-19-2015, 12:28 PM
I sawded this and I am excite if I ever get to see it

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-20-2015, 12:05 AM

That picture looks amazing. I want to see it!

Masamunemaster
03-20-2015, 09:45 AM
I liked the first two series like crazy, third was ok and didn't want to chance after that.

MJN SEIFER
03-27-2015, 02:52 AM
This is interesting, as I have fond memories of Digimon from when I was younger, and I would kind of like to see those versions again (yes, the dub, it's what I grew up with), but it will be interesting to see the season 1 cast again. Now, because I'm all nostalgic, here's a basic rundown of what the seasons I watched meant to me;

Season 1: I was surprised to see that Digimon finally had a show, as I remembered the toys, and was surprised that some Digimon had different names to what we called them (though some, like Argumon were the same, so I'm guessing some of us at school researched the names, and others didn't), and there were many Digimon I didn't know at all, (and was shocked when Greymon digivolved into Skull Greymon, because I knew it wasn't what he was supposed to become, but of course that was the point - the characters did it wrong) but I recognised the basic format of Digivolution, and was interested in the show and I at some point found it to be superior to Pokémon (which I also loved, and have fond memories of) for various reasons, which looking back were probably the bigger cast, and that all Digimon are given lines, rather than the odd one. I think it took me time to realize that I liked it better though, but I liked the characters, and was interested in the adventure, and found it sad that it ended.

Season 2: At first I wasn't sure about this, because I had already started thinking of how to do the new Digimon show myself (yeah, I know, but I was young), but I still checked out an episode, and I found it kind of cool that the youngest characters of season 1 were now older (though I suspected it was them from the promos, as Kari didn't look all that different), and thought it was kind of cool how the old cast were still involved, so it was like there were two teams in a sense.

The idea of a human villain was an interesting idea, and one that I think they handled in a good way, but I'll have to rewatch to be sure, and I liked the characters again, as well as the adventures, which had more of a grand scheme, like the first season was kind of starting to have towards the end. I loved how the kids could go back and forth to the Digiworld now, and had to keep it hidden, and I really loved the songs in this one. One thing that also made this season stand out for me was the references to computer technology and general computer usage, as I was really into computers back then (what am I saying, "back then"?!) and planned on either founding a computer company, games and console company, or both. It's also somewhat sentimental because a friend of mine was a fan of this version for a time.

Season 3: I'm touch an go with my memories on this one, it was kind of departure, but I liked the show still. The idea of it being the real world, and the Digidestined this time being real people who are fans of the show, and card games was an interesting idea. It wasn't too forced, because it would have gotten old if they had characters like Takato pointing out that whatever he's dealing with "looked easier in the show" or whatever - they emphasized the fact that they knew Digimon as fiction enough times for us to get the point, but not so much that it got too cheesy, though admittedly some of the emphasises on the fact that "real life" is not like the TV show didn't really make sense, and were only different because they had to be for that very reason (in "Not as Seen on TV" we learn that in the real world Digivolution is not easy to reverse like it is in the show, for no reason at all).

The usage of cards was a nice idea, and yes the fact that some of the characters were fans of the card game did make it a commercial series, but looking back it's not too bad because it fits into the storyline - the only bad thing about making the show focus on the card game is that it reminds me that no one ever bothered to learn how to play these kind of card games (I don't think Digimon cards were ever popular at my schools, and they would have already banned card by then anyway, I think. Pokémon cards were though, at one point). It really annoyed me as a kid that all people ever did was trade cards - they are a game, play the game to win the cards if you want to just swap cards then get trading cards that do not have a game attached to them!! End rant.

I haven't got all that much memory on all the characters, just a select few so I really should try to rewatch this soon. The characters that I remember liking seem to be remembered positively. The second section when they actually went into the Digimon world was less memorable at the moment, though I remember enjoying it.

Season 4: This is kind of an odd season for me, because I only got to watch a few episodes, but I remember it fondly, as my friend (the same one who like season 2) viewed this as her favorite season at the time, so I kind of associate it with her in a way. I've actually heard people were quite critical about this one, but I will make up my own mind when I rewatch it. While I can see why some would think it defeats the show in a sense, I actually liked how the kids became Digimon when it was time for battle, as it meant they actually did something this time. My friend and I soon began to find it strange that it was always the kids who got thanked for saving the day, and not the Digimon, when the kids didn't really do anything - she even included a scene about this in a fanfiction she was writing at the time.

That's all of them for me - there's actually a show called "Digimon Fusion" on TV now, but I haven't watched it yet.

qwertysaur
03-27-2015, 05:32 AM
I am so exited for this and I can't even form complete thoughts on how excited I am for this. Is devimon going to continue to haunt Takeru? Are the other 3 Digimon Sovereigns going to appear? askdfjl I can't express how happy this makes me!!!!!

As for the anime on a whole, I've watched the first 5 series, but not the 6th. I am going to be rewatching all of the first 2 because they are amazing. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D:D

NeoCracker
03-29-2015, 08:32 AM
Who cares about the show when we may be getting A NEW FUCKING DIGIMON GAME THAT LOOKS SO AWESOME! http://nichegamer.com/2015/02/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-screenshots-show-the-cyber-crossing-into-the-real/

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-31-2015, 08:18 AM
Who cares about the show when we may be getting A NEW smurfING DIGIMON GAME THAT LOOKS SO AWESOME! http://nichegamer.com/2015/02/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-screenshots-show-the-cyber-crossing-into-the-real/

That looks amazing. It really needs a western release!

Masamunemaster
04-04-2015, 01:07 AM
That does look awesome. I haven't tried a digimon game yet, always afraid they would be bad.

MJN SEIFER
04-04-2015, 06:45 PM
That does look awesome. I haven't tried a digimon game yet, always afraid they would be bad. I've played Digimon Rumble Arena 1 and 2 with a friend, and they seemed okay, but better/worse than each other in their own way.

Part 2 has more characters, and (I think) attacks than part 1, but all the characters in Part 1 had their own unique lines, but in part 2 everyone just said "I won!" which was kind of boring.

NeoCracker
04-08-2015, 11:00 PM
Also, there is a petition to locolize. :p

https://www.change.org/p/bandai-namco-games-europe-america-localize-digimon-games-again-e-g-digimon-world-re-digitize-decode-for-3ds-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-for-psvita

Chibi Youkai
04-12-2015, 03:20 AM
I wonder if they'd bring back all the inherent corny-ness of the originals with the new one. Was always put out that they changed the cast around so much. Still, more digimon can't be a bad thing.

Masamunemaster
04-12-2015, 05:39 AM
Yea they need to just go back to their roots.

Lazerface
07-16-2015, 03:20 PM
In November of this year there will be another Digimon Adventure series, but rather a six part theatrical film series. I'm excited for this. Enough that I went on Netflix and decided to watch the entire first season of Digimon Adventure. Then afterwards I'm going to watch Digimon Tamers, because dammit it to hell it's better than 02. Some of us have our reasons for not liking Adventure 02. Erghh! But going on from this. Have any of you watched the Digimon series? And how do you feel about Digimon Adventure Tri?

Shauna
07-16-2015, 03:24 PM
Smushed this together with the existing DigiTri thread.

Lazerface
07-16-2015, 03:43 PM
Smushed this together with the existing DigiTri thread. Thank ya Operator.