PDA

View Full Version : Which Was The Dumber Plan?

Forsaken Lover
03-17-2015, 12:04 AM
I never thought much about it but I'm reading an LP of FFVIII elsewhere and the Sorceress Assassination Plan is amazingly stupid.

"LET'S WARN HER BY SLAMMING THE GATE DOWN! IT'S NOT LIKE SHE DIDN'T ALREADY SHOW US SHE CAN PHASE THROUGH SOLID OBJECTS!"

Leigh
03-17-2015, 12:07 AM
It wasn't thaaaaat bad. History dictates that you sometimes get lucky with stupid ideas! :)

"LET'S WARN HER BY SLAMMING THE GATE DOWN! IT'S NOT LIKE SHE DIDN'T ALREADY SHOW US SHE CAN PHASE THROUGH SOLID OBJECTS!"

Aa. Fair-do comment! :P

Bubba
03-17-2015, 12:27 AM
Yeah the assassination was definitely dumber.

The Deling kidnap wasn't an amazing plan but it was at least fun to take part in.

Colonel Angus
03-17-2015, 02:33 AM
The Deling Kidnap plan was something out of the 3 Stooges dumb.

The Assassination @ least makes sense. It was just one dumb cowboy from working.

Puft
03-19-2015, 02:49 AM
To be fair:

Squall and the others are NEVER supposed to question their missions!

lol

Sephex
03-19-2015, 03:27 AM
The assassination because they hired a guy to shoot that clearly had no business there since he chickened out at first, and the whole scene has a glaring continuity error.

The float she is on is supposedly facing towards Squall and Irvine, right? Irvine gets jittery, but Squall talks him through taking the shot. Edea defects the bullet with her AT field, so Squall has to hall ass and drive to the float. When he finally gets there....THE FLOAT IS FACING THE OTHER DIRECTION. They make a point to cut to the other side to show Seifer smirking and whatnot. There was no way Irvine could have taken the shot in the first place since the back of the float provided perfect cover for Edea.

Mirage
03-19-2015, 06:00 AM
Sniping the sorceress was good plan. Alerting her by trapping her between the gates was not.

Sephex
03-19-2015, 06:42 AM
Sniping the sorceress was good plan. Alerting her by trapping her between the gates was not.

Forgot about that detail. Even points out the continuity error that much more!

fat_moogle
03-19-2015, 09:26 AM
Would have been a pretty boring game if the plan worked! xD

I didn't think either was stupid though. Both missions were pretty fun.

Leigh
03-19-2015, 01:14 PM
You know what wasn't fun? That twenty minutes spent in the sewers...

fat_moogle
03-19-2015, 02:02 PM
You know what wasn't fun? That twenty minutes spent in the sewers...

OH GOD. Damn you Rinoa locking us in and forcing us to take the long ass route. Definitely not fun, and I always got lost. Also the characters climb so slowly over those damn water wheels.

Forsaken Lover
03-19-2015, 09:11 PM
That was entirely not Rinoa's fault. You can blame either her dad or Quistis, or maybe even Zell and Selphie because they didn't need to tag along just to watch Quistis say sorry. One of them could have stayed their and pulled a goddam switch.

fat_moogle
03-19-2015, 10:05 PM
I still blame Rinoa :p