PDA

View Full Version : What's on your mind today?

Mahad
03-17-2015, 07:21 AM
Admins, feel free to mod the title of this thread if you feel it's not descriptive enough. I wanted a space to just put out whatever's keeping your mind busy, either intensely or just momentarily, just whatever you happen to be thinking, dreaming, wondering, or obsessing about. I thought about it because there already is a What Made You Happy Today? thread, but sometimes you want, or may want, to post about something that's making you feel anything but happy (which doesn't mean it has to be sad or angry).

Anyways, let me know if this is a no-go for whatever reason. May be it carries too high a potential for spam, abuse, or there's already something like it out there ( I did do a quick search, but didn't turn up a thing).

I'll go first: I decided to cancel my pre-order for Type-0. Not that is technically possible anymore since it's already the 17th, but I just don't feel any desire to try it out and I'll rather use the money for something else.

Sephex
03-17-2015, 07:41 AM
I've been a chatty Kathy today. I think the change in the weather has made me feel more open/free/better than I usually do. So in a way many different topics have been on my mind lately.

modernonerous
03-17-2015, 02:33 PM
Tomorrow is my daughter's graduation and I'm busy planning for our dinner menu. I will make baked chicken over baby potatoes, Caesar salad, baked macaroni and blueberry cheesecake. Good luck to me :D

noxious.sunshine
03-20-2015, 05:19 PM
That sounds delicious ! ^

Getting in shape. I know I've mentioned it and talked about it a bunch so far this year and even joined the MFP group, but so far all I've managed to do is find reasons and excuses to have cheat days - like birthdays, holidays, important dates, being too broke to buy what I normally buy and having to go a different route with the budget because the VA sucks, etc...

Pumpkin
03-20-2015, 05:25 PM
I'm still sick, I'm incredibly tired, and I have a million phone calls to make. I feel fat and sad and unaccomplished. I hope I cheer up soon

Shiny
03-21-2015, 01:25 AM
My left nipple itches. Just thought you should know.

LunarWeaver
03-21-2015, 07:20 PM
Well now I'm just thinking Shiny's other nipple doesn't get equal attention and this will cause an imbalance of inner chi leading to a life of misery for her and all she knows.

Shiny
03-22-2015, 11:51 PM
Maybe I just need you to twerk in front of a armoire.

Shorty
03-23-2015, 08:51 PM
Planning terrariums and betta aquariums and possibly upcycling a coffee table as a terrarium for the summer. Planning moving. Planning how to decorate my bathroom. My sister is visiting, so obviously we are planning to terrorize downtown Portland and live off of donuts and chai tea for five days. Lots of planning.

Aulayna
03-23-2015, 09:29 PM
I am feeling super bummed out right now. I have stress fractures in one of my feet which has pretty much put a stunning halt to 90% of the exercise I was doing. It's getting on my nerves now, I just want to go out for a run but I can't, nor can I do most of the exercises I did at home because I have to avoid weight bearing on said foot as much as possible. I'm actually getting fed up of doing nothing, of having to get cabs everywhere...

I also lost very little weight over the whole of February, which annoyed me - now coupled with my foot injury I've been eating junk again (and not even in controlled amounts like I was before). So now I'm annoyed at myself for doing that, but at the same time I want more junk too... like I could literally murder for some Chocolate Digestives right now. While I was playing Type-0 over the past few days I pretty much had a take-out every night and went through tubs of pringles/bottles of cola everyday.

I literally haven't been like that for 2 years. It's kinda scary, but at the same time, I loved every second of it.

I think I've definitely put weight back on this month, not looking forward to weighing in next week.

I vented about this in the EoFF MFP group but no-one other than Shlup seems to check the smurfing thing anymore. Then I get even more annoyed with myself because people in that MFP group said I'm an inspiration to them, and now I feel like I'm letting them down.

I just want someone to listen...

Agent Proto
03-24-2015, 06:24 PM
What's on my mind? Not much, just noting that I'm currently hating my "new" life since I feel like such a failure of a responsible adult. It's been difficult to readjust after ten years of having kidney failure. :(

Shiny
03-26-2015, 02:30 AM
You should just be happy to be alive. You very easily couldn't have been.

Night Fury
03-30-2015, 04:12 PM
The dog should have been mine but now it's like it never even happened and he was never even here.

Christmas
04-04-2015, 04:21 PM
My left nipple itches. Just thought you should know.

My tenth nipple is leaking orange juice.:bigsmile:

Ayen
04-05-2015, 05:43 AM
I've been researching lucid dreams and am trying some things to trigger one. Doing number two on the list about checking to see if you're awake is kind of weird for me since I've always known when I'm dreaming. Even when I was 4 years old I knew when I was having a dream. It'd always be blurry as hell and any control I'd have over it would be very minimal. I never had a vivid dream in my life.

I also have an ingrown toenail. That's nice.

noxious.sunshine
04-05-2015, 11:08 PM
My boyfriend is fairly badly injured and has been home for almost 3 solid weeks.

I don't mind so much that he's home, but I'm literally having to do everything as he has to keep weight off of his foot as much as possible.

It doesn't help that I've come down with a cold and feel like shit. I just haven't been able to get much rest between taking care of him, dealing with the dog, and doing all of the cleaning.

I'm so fucking grumpy and over everything at this point.

MissH
04-08-2015, 03:35 PM
Pregnancy hormones are hilarious. No really. I was so grumpy this morning I quite possibly could have killed somebody.

This evening, I just want to dance.

Pike
04-08-2015, 09:37 PM
Video games have been on my mind~ :heart:

Shiny
04-09-2015, 05:01 AM
Whether renting out a basement apartment is a good idea. It's newly rennovated, tons of space, clean building, close to public transportation and grocery, but it's the basement...and the windows are too easy to smash in. I asked them if they could install more security for the windows rather than just locks but they said no. -_- They also have a studio available but it has no walk-in closets or space like the other one does.

The other apartment I am interested in is in another building but it's technically a junior suite which means studio size but bedroom separate form living room/kitchen. Not a true 1 bedroom but it's the cost of the basement apartment which is a true 1 bedroom. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND A PLACE UGH. Also having more of a personal dilemnia of wanting to move half way across the United States to pursue more film jobs or remain closer to family and continue to work remotely. I feel like I'd be really alone in California and on top of that I'd have to get a car and I hate driving and paying for gas.

Also laughing that my mom is trying to con me in to renting a multi-family home so she can probably move out of her expensive apartment. But I don't want to do it as it would require too much maintenance on my part.

Agent Proto
04-09-2015, 06:58 AM
This picture I was working on for the 69 minute challenge took longer than I had wanted. I wanted to work on it for an hour, ended up taking about 90 minutes of my time. But the mod seems to be lenient about it, so it should be fine. I took all that time to make the picture look good!

Ayen
04-24-2015, 07:38 AM
An idea for an EoFF Fantasy Adventure story has been on my mind for some time now.

I wonder if I should sit down and write it out...

FFIX Choco Boy
04-24-2015, 09:47 AM
I would be willing to participate. Make me the chocobo rancher. I can be like Choco Billy!

-N-
04-28-2015, 11:27 PM
Too many ideas; too little time. I love that this is my problem.

Ayen
04-28-2015, 11:30 PM

I'm right there with you.

-N-
04-28-2015, 11:46 PM

I'm right there with you.Nice. I'd say we should hang out, but Kansas City is too far for me.

Ayen
04-28-2015, 11:50 PM

I'm right there with you.Nice. I'd say we should hang out, but Kansas City is too far for me.

Kansas City is too far from most people. Bloody Kansas being right dab in the middle of the country. WE'RE SURROUNDED!

Pumpkin
04-29-2015, 05:06 PM
Someone told me I look like a cherub because of my big cheeks. I have never received that comment and am not sure what to make of it

Freya
04-29-2015, 08:42 PM
I'm frustrated that I always get in trouble for "making my sister upset" when she starts something and says mean things and I just defend myself. My parents say, which I just heard, "why do you have to argue with her? Why not just ignore it. You made her upset" I'm sitting there baffled like. Wth, I was the one who was getting picked on! "Just don't say anything" like it's okay for her to be a jerk but not okay for me to respond and defend myself.

Story of my freaking life. I get in trouble for replying to things directed at me that are in a rude tone or manner. Then I look like the bad guy fro responding. It's like "Are you people crazy!? Did you just not see what they just did?!" "well you made it worse by responding" So people can go around insulting or being rude all they want, it's okay unless you respond. Then you're the one who's wrong. How dare you get mad at someone being a jerk to you! That's totally your fault. You responded and made them upset even though they were the one to instigate it and you're just defending yourself.

It's stupid and I'm frustrated with both of my parents and my sister.

FRUSTRATED. I feel like i'm taking crazy pills all the time. Like what is wrong with people! Combine this with the drama of guildies I had last night because I was given gear cause I won a roll and they wanted it but didn't win it so they threw a fit because they REALLY wanted it and somehow I was in the wrong for winning a randomized roll? I'm just like is no one in the world an adult or can no one think logically? Like what the hell is going on?!

I'm going crazy ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sharkythesharkdogg
04-29-2015, 09:16 PM
I'm going to assume she is the younger sibling.

Freya
04-29-2015, 09:17 PM
I'm the younger sibling. She's the oldest! Which is why it's upside down crazy town!

-N-
04-29-2015, 10:11 PM
FRUSTRATED. I feel like i'm taking crazy pills all the time. Like what is wrong with people! Combine this with the drama of guildies I had last night because I was given gear cause I won a roll and they wanted it but didn't win it so they threw a fit because they REALLY wanted it and somehow I was in the wrong for winning a randomized roll? I'm just like is no one in the world an adult or can no one think logically? Like what the hell is going on?!

I'm going crazy ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhMost adults are actually children in grown-up bodies. I knew this, but never truly believed it until I had a similar experience two years ago in the AR game Ingress. It seems my team has cleaned up their act since then, but I'm too busy to give them a second chance.

Shauna
04-29-2015, 10:12 PM
As I said to someone in work the other day - many people don't grow up, they just grow old.

Freya
04-29-2015, 10:17 PM
That's a great way to put it shauna.

-n-, I had a similar experience with ingress, wow! Now i'm too busy to play it as well. People!

-N-
04-29-2015, 11:04 PM
I usually mutter "Humans!" but the meaning is the same. :-)

It helps me to think of humans as animals - like my cats, their behavior becomes less annoying and more understandable.

Ayen
04-29-2015, 11:11 PM
My dad likes to throw hissy fits when he doesn't get his way.

zackk
04-30-2015, 01:43 AM
Momentarily, my studies. Being an IT student is quite difficult, on the other hand, I really enjoy what I'm doing and this is for my own good, so I try not to stress over plates and collegeworks.

Slothy
04-30-2015, 01:58 AM
I usually mutter "Humans!" but the meaning is the same. :-)

Most people don't deserve to be called human in my opinion.

Pumpkin
05-01-2015, 05:11 PM
I'm very tired today. I have a little bit of cleaning to do and then I'm just going to take it easy. There's this one brutal level in a game I'm playing and I've tried about 5 times and haven't been able to complete it. Might try to tackle it again soon

Shauna
05-01-2015, 05:13 PM
Is that in The Guided Fate Paradox? Because if so, welcome to the rest of the game.

Pumpkin
05-01-2015, 05:16 PM
Yeah it is, chapter 4. I end up having to exit at floor 8 because of those minotaur things. I guess I'm getting some extra grinding in though

sharkythesharkdogg
05-01-2015, 05:21 PM
I'll do some grinding with you later when I get home. :shifty:

giggity.

Shauna
05-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Yeah it is, chapter 4. I end up having to exit at floor 8 because of those minotaur things. I guess I'm getting some extra grinding in though

Sounds about right. It just gets worse from here on out, tbh.

Pumpkin
05-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Yeah I heard it was a difficult game. Trying my best to stick it out though >.<

I am enjoying it overall

LunarWeaver
05-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Avengers Avengers Avengers Avengers Avengers~

Richard
05-01-2015, 08:01 PM
Where to begin. I'm stressed out today. Just with work and dealing with my co worker's lame attitudes.

BlackFire
05-03-2015, 09:08 PM
Well, I got to go to work in 40 minutes. Thank god it is Sunday, we close at 9pm. Also, gonna do more missions on Gran Pulse in FF-XIII after work.

Chris
05-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Victor left for NYC today, and I've been moping ever since.

Ayen
05-04-2015, 12:35 AM
Xenogears, writing, blog stuff, more writing, Xenogears.

Slothy
05-04-2015, 02:24 AM
Not enough money. Never enough money.

Ayen
05-04-2015, 02:55 AM

One of the many facts of life.

escobert
05-04-2015, 03:39 AM

I wish I could buy SKSs and Mosins at your Canadian prices :(

Sephex
05-04-2015, 03:39 AM
Feeling good. Good weekend. Got my mojo back.

Pumpkin
05-04-2015, 05:34 AM
I wish I could get on an earlier sleep schedule. My sleep schedule has been all messed up due to stress

Slothy
05-04-2015, 06:24 PM

With the amount I travel for school I wish I could buy gas at your american prices.

escobert
05-04-2015, 06:27 PM

With the amount I travel for school I wish I could buy gas at your american prices.

Well maybe ya'll should stop using the metric system! but seriously, how do you guys pay more!? is it taxed to all living hell?

Slothy
05-04-2015, 06:35 PM
Because we sell all of the oil we get in Alberta to you guys. Plus some taxes, but your gas prices are fairly anomalous for any nation that's not a member of the UAE. The price difference is fairly substantial anytime I've checked.

escobert
05-04-2015, 06:37 PM
Because we sell all of the oil we get in Alberta to you guys. Plus some taxes, but your gas prices are fairly anomalous for any nation that's not a member of the UAE. The price difference is fairly substantial anytime I've checked.

huh. interesting. I knew we had substantially lower prices than say Europe but I just assumed (we all know hat happens when you do that!) that Canada would be in line with the US or right around the same.

Slothy
05-04-2015, 09:31 PM
Sadly no. Well, I say sadly, but only because I am poor and don't want to pay so much. But in principal I feel gasoline and oil should be a lot more expensive than they are even here.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
05-04-2015, 09:57 PM
How much I have changed in the past few years.

BlackFire
05-04-2015, 10:15 PM
Gotta go to the bathroom. Play FF. Job interview tomorrow.

Karifean
05-04-2015, 10:54 PM
It's my favorite fictional character's birthday today. Spent some time reflecting on why I like him so much. I really admire the guy.

Richard
05-05-2015, 12:44 AM
Whats on my mind today?

Um....lets see....self pity....depression....video gaming.....television...wife and family. Gonna go do something things. Run some errands.

Have work tomorrow. Catch you later.

Freya
05-05-2015, 02:42 PM
So I went to bed early last night and boyfriend was still up. Dogs woke me up at 10:20 and it was our neighbors! About the time I went to bed their house got broken into! I didn't hear a thing!

Now i'm paranoid. We live in a nice neighbor hood too D:

BlackFire
05-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Got a job interview today and got to return some movies to the library today.

Pumpkin
05-05-2015, 07:52 PM
Relaxing today, big day tomorrow. Nervous

Ayen
05-06-2015, 04:36 AM
In the words of the great Captain Jack Harkness:

"I can't tell you what I'm thinking."

Pumpkin
05-06-2015, 11:46 AM
Anxious

zackk
05-07-2015, 05:14 PM
Procrastination. We're supposed to open one of our 'servers' this Saturday, and we're 80% done, not to mention, most of our members in my IT Group is not helping at ALL. I do hope we get to finish this. It's been half a year lol

Agent Proto
05-07-2015, 05:25 PM
I watched the Nintendo Direct that focused on Splatoon earlier. I'm so hyped for this game, it's not funny. I mean, well I guess it could be funny to anyone who's not excited about the game as I am.

~*~Celes~*~
05-07-2015, 08:19 PM
My two-year old is the most metal child I know.

This yellow jacket has been harassing us outside our front door for a few days. I forgot about it until today, my son brought me a "spider" from the front porch. He dropped it in front of the couch by accident and I thought it was a piece of string. I went on the porch to see what he was talking about and saw what I thought was a spider in the screen door door jam...until I saw the yellow stripes. It was crippled from being smashed in the door jam. I walked back into the living room to find what he had dropped....one of its legs that he had taken off.

In other news he is now afraid of spiders and just about started crying over a piece of fuzz that resembled a spider.

Freya
05-07-2015, 08:57 PM
OH GOD MORE FLOODING AND TORNADOES. HERE IT COMES. LOOK (timestamp for referance, red thing for my location at work)

Pumpkin
05-07-2015, 09:05 PM
Just bought a new vita last week refurbished but found out the right analogue stick doesnt work. Dont have receipt. Hope they can help me

edit Found the receipt actually, but it's been over a week, so I dunno

BlackFire
05-07-2015, 11:20 PM
My Xbox 360's new disc drive had another episode where it goes on the fritz and opens and closes by itself. Maybe because of the heat in my room and the fact that it is 80 outside. Anyway it is better now.

It happened when I was in the middle of a fight with a Neocho in FF:XIII. I will wait a few hours to let it cool down then fight that over-grown plant thing again.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-07-2015, 11:32 PM
Gotta keep track of when I'll be billed for the FF14 heavensward expansion pre-order.

Don't want to spend too much money and accidentally cancel that beast of a collector's edition.

Gotta budget.

Freya
05-08-2015, 03:26 PM
So I left work 10 mins early and luckily I did cause that storm system I posted hit and had I left 10 mins late I would have been running to the cellar with my coworkers! There was a tornado half a mile wide. Luckily I hit right outside of town and only destroyed powerlines and a barn and some carports. But dang! I barely missed that, what a relief.

Ayen
05-08-2015, 06:04 PM
Need to get this goddamn top list finished!

Slothy
05-08-2015, 07:05 PM
So I left work 10 mins early and luckily I did cause that storm system I posted hit and had I left 10 mins late I would have been running to the cellar with my coworkers! There was a tornado half a mile wide. Luckily I hit right outside of town and only destroyed powerlines and a barn and some carports. But dang! I barely missed that, what a relief.

I will never understand living in a place where the finger of god may come down from the sky and squash you like a bug.

Then again, I live in a place where we had at least one massive snow storm a week for three months so what the fuck do I know. It is a bit easier to plow snow than to plow a tornado though.

Shiny
05-08-2015, 07:05 PM
I've decided it's probably a good idea to work for AMC so I can see Walking Dead episodes in advance.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-08-2015, 07:07 PM
What's on my mind? I'll tell you.

My mind is actually is focused on next year's slate of summer movies. And next year, summer is going to begin in March with Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. Then I have Captain America: Civil War and X-Men: Apocalypse to look forward to.

But as for 2015, the only films I have to look forward to, are ones that come out on the tail end of 2015. You know, the new James Bond movie, SPECTRE, and the new Star Wars movie, The Force Awakens.

Mirage
05-08-2015, 07:10 PM
i've actually been thinking about boobies all day

Pumpkin
05-08-2015, 07:14 PM
I did some weights. Not very much because my arms are sore from yesterday's workout, but a little bit. Will probably do more. Really want to do some trimming up.

Feeling a bit sicky so mostly taking it easy today. I've been good about getting the cleaning done this week mostly despite being busy. I can catch up this weekend.

Might plant some roses this weekend. Might have to wait until next weekend though

Also really enjoying Tales of Hearts R

Ayen
05-08-2015, 07:47 PM
Apparently Blogspot had a 'read more' feature all this time. DOH! My main page looks SOOOOOOOO much better now.

BlackFire
05-08-2015, 10:10 PM
It's about to rain cats and dogs and I can't find my umbrella!!!!

Freya
05-08-2015, 10:13 PM
YAY MORE TORNADOES! Freaking oklahoma tornado season is in full swing!

Ayen
05-08-2015, 10:21 PM
Super Mario Brothers 2 is a better game than Super Mario Brothers 3.
User was banned for this post.

~*~Celes~*~
05-09-2015, 05:44 AM
I'm so glad the warm weather is finally here. I forgot how much it can suck though when I've been gone all day and I come home and it's really stuffy upstairs compared to the main floor -_- gonna have to break out the a/c

Pumpkin
05-09-2015, 05:44 AM
I'm going to stay up tonight, take a short nap tomorrow, and hope that gets me back on a decent schedule

Ayen
05-09-2015, 05:46 AM
I'm glad I'm not a member on GameSpot, or pretty much most super active popular sites because that seems to be where all the idiots migrate to.

noxious.sunshine
05-10-2015, 02:21 AM
Mother's Day Weekend.. .

It's painful. I miss my mom and I'll probably never get over the last conversation I had with her.. And I also miss my little girl something awful.

I'd love nothing more than to wake up with her beside me and make pancakes and smoothies for breakfast. Those are the best mornings ever in general.

BlackFire
05-10-2015, 03:58 AM
Resting and relaxing with a movie now that I am done working today.

Ayen
05-10-2015, 04:05 AM
Gotta work, gotta write, gotta pee. I should probably pee first.

Pumpkin
05-11-2015, 04:17 AM
There's a game I've had in my head that I want to play... but I can't remember it. All I have is like this one area in my head and I remember nothing else about it. Heck it might even have been a dream!

Hard to find a game like that

Mirage
05-11-2015, 05:25 AM
I've been thinking about how my job doesn't earn me enough money to randomly visit my friends in America

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-11-2015, 05:29 AM
I've been thinking about how my job doesn't earn me enough money to randomly visit my friends in America

Yeah, me too.

And I live in America.

Sephex
05-11-2015, 06:05 AM

Yeah, me too.

And I live in America.

Just drive south for 2-3 hours and you can high five me.

Ayen
05-11-2015, 06:09 AM
Learned more about what video game developers deal with at their jobs. Did not know they didn't get paid overtime. That sucks.

Developer: Finally finished this smurfing game!
Publisher: The game has a bunch of bugs. You guys need to work on patches pronto!
Developer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Slothy
05-11-2015, 10:59 AM
Learned more about what video game developers deal with at their jobs. Did not know they didn't get paid overtime. That sucks.

Developer: Finally finished this smurfing game!
Publisher: The game has a bunch of bugs. You guys need to work on patches pronto!
Developer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

There's a reason the average employee leaves the game industry for good within five years.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-11-2015, 12:48 PM
And also why if they can't replicate a bug easily, they just ignore it. I wouldn't have much motivation to do otherwise either.

Freya
05-12-2015, 03:36 PM
I have a hard time waking up in the morning. I usually spend a whopping 10 mins getting ready in the morning due to my late rising. That's getting dressed and grabbing food.

I hate alarm clocks.

Everyone should just start the day at like 11am or something.

Mornings blow.

noxious.sunshine
05-12-2015, 05:02 PM
It is now officially in 1 month that my little girl will be here.

I'm soooooo ridiculously excited. Gonna be at the beach errday and shit.

Ayen
05-12-2015, 05:08 PM
The plot of Xenogears.

asdf!

BlackFire
05-12-2015, 09:28 PM
Gotta return some things to the library today.

Richard
05-12-2015, 09:47 PM
I've been thinking about food today....all day.

Ayen
05-12-2015, 09:49 PM
I can't get the 'Simple Plot of Final Fantasy VII' song out of my head.

Smurfing egoraptor.

Fynn
05-12-2015, 09:50 PM
I've been thinking about babies all day.

MissH
05-14-2015, 04:10 PM
I've been thinking about babies all day.

oooo!!! do it!!! Although I should warn you- if you're girl is unlucky enough to have a sucky pregnancy like me, it's HARD WORK! Makes 9/10months feel like a lifetime of misery!

BlackFire
05-16-2015, 01:32 AM
Heavy Metal right now and I start a new job tomorrow morning. :)

Ayen
05-16-2015, 01:35 AM
Finished next week's Top Ten list for my blog. The Top Tens are easily the most tasking of all the articles I have to write. You'd think my reviews would be the most tasking, but nope! Speaking of which, time to fire up The Wolf Among Us!

BlackFire
05-16-2015, 01:39 AM
Finished next week's Top Ten list for my blog. The Top Tens are easily the most tasking of all the articles I have to write. You'd think my reviews would be the most tasking, but nope! Speaking of which, time to fire up The Wolf Among Us!

Have you tried or played the game "Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons"? It is a REALLY good game on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. I highly recommend it to you.

Ayen
05-16-2015, 01:42 AM

Have you tried or played the game "Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons"? It is a REALLY good game on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. I highly recommend it to you.

Heard about it in passing, but haven't played. I'll keep it in mind.

BlackFire
05-16-2015, 03:57 AM
One thing that has bern on my mind for a long time is finding the right girlfriend for me.
I know she is out there, I just have to find her.
Not an easy task.

noxious.sunshine
05-19-2015, 02:21 PM
BF has his ultrasound and CT scan today .

Can't help being worried.

Formalhaut
05-19-2015, 05:53 PM
Currently the relationship between organised religion (in my presentation's case, Christianity) and new media. Its like, so much fun yeah?

Fynn
05-19-2015, 06:27 PM
Motivationg myself to write those blasted 5,000 words a week. C'mon, Fynn, you can churn out a 10,000-word story in one afternoon - this should be a cinch!

Karifean
05-19-2015, 07:02 PM
My favorite writer of all time, Ryukishi07, had a panel at ACen 2015, talking about how he came to write in the first place, how he wrote the When They Cry series, and what influenced him in doing so, and what he plans to do now. Very interesting stuff.

Agent Proto
05-19-2015, 08:06 PM
I am too jittery for my own good. Too much caffeine and I can't calm down to focus on doing much. :/

Pumpkin
05-19-2015, 08:18 PM
tired and lacking energy

Lazerface
05-20-2015, 12:37 AM
Disappointment. I have no interest in a certain woman anymore. I feel like I was leading myself on and should've suspected it. But I think it's all good now. I'll just move onto the next like Jay-Z

Ayen
05-21-2015, 05:28 AM
Holy crap! The woman who plays Scarlet Witch in the Avengers is the sister to the Olsen Twins.

She did okay.

Shiny
05-25-2015, 05:20 AM
The texture and color of Littlefinger's coat in tonight's episode would make good curtains for my place.

Fynn
05-26-2015, 11:50 AM
I think I pulled a tendon yesterday :(

Formalhaut
05-26-2015, 01:25 PM
Morning: OHMYGOD OHMYGOD Where's my wallet! Don't tell me I left it at the pub last night!

Afternoon: Damn it, the pub doesn't have it. Crap, now I'm going to have to replace all my cards and...oh wait, it was right here the entire time? Huh. Crisis averted!

Pumpkin
05-27-2015, 04:31 PM
I think I found a magical box of laundry detergent. It's lasted about 5x longer than the other boxes of the same size despite doing the same amount of laundry. It's still almost half full :erm:

Ayen
05-28-2015, 04:40 AM
These cough drops are not helping my cough at all.

Pumpkin
05-29-2015, 06:41 PM
Today is the birthday of the twins and I never know how to feel today

Lonely Paper Star
05-29-2015, 07:41 PM
This guy needs to stop his nonsense.

starlet
05-30-2015, 01:23 AM
2 days of giant, back-breaking dogs is a bit much. Can tomorrow be small, easy dog day please?

Mr. Carnelian
05-30-2015, 07:08 AM
It's so dam hot today.
I keep meaning to leave my air-conditioned room and do stuff, but the HEAT!

Yellow_Magic
05-30-2015, 06:33 PM
Job offer from smurfing Sony Playstation :D
Working with Playstation game developers :D
Solid software development work with up-to-date technologies/methodologies :D
Free PS Vita after probation period :D

£9,000 per year less than my current job :ohdear:
Pair programming every day :cry:

#FML

Formalhaut
05-30-2015, 09:34 PM
Morning: oh, the pain!

Afternoon: oh, the pain!

Evening: oh, the pain!

Shiny
05-31-2015, 02:47 AM
Job offer from smurfing Sony Playstation :D
Working with Playstation game developers :D
Solid software development work with up-to-date technologies/methodologies :D
Free PS Vita after probation period :D

£9,000 per year less than my current job :ohdear:
Pair programming every day :cry:

#FML
If it's fun for the most part and where you want to be then less pay doesn't matter as much.

Yellow_Magic
05-31-2015, 10:28 AM
If it's fun for the most part and where you want to be then less pay doesn't matter as much.
Pair programming (two people sitting at a desk working on one computer) all day every day is not fun at all, unfortunately...

Shiny
05-31-2015, 09:10 PM
Pair programming (two people sitting at a desk working on one computer) all day every day is not fun at all, unfortunately...

Do the benefits outweigh the cons?

Yellow_Magic
05-31-2015, 09:51 PM

Do the benefits outweigh the cons?
Nope, which is the sad part as I really wanted to work for the Playstation crew and my current job sucks balls. I'm still one of the top 5% recent graduates in this country in terms of earners, though, so I guess I have to count my blessings and all that.

starlet
06-03-2015, 07:54 AM
I'm not getting any sleep tonight and I'm pretty ok with it :love:

Pumpkin
06-05-2015, 05:05 AM
I want to pick up a martial arts class to get out of the house and get rid of my flab, but there isn't a lot of selection in the area. I have two places to try so I'll call to set up an appointment.

We went to one place before but the instructor was rather aggressive and there was no uniform and some men were shirtless which I'm just personally not comfortable with. I suppose it'll do if we can't find anything else but I hope we find something else. The instructor makes me want to cry

Pumpkin
06-11-2015, 05:09 AM
I'm on call tonight so I kind of don't want to go to sleep because I'm afraid of messing up my first on call night in months

Agent Proto
06-11-2015, 11:47 PM
...I've been contemplating to stop coming to this place for awhile now. I have been coming here less often, and I feel the showcases, even despite the success it has through the years this have been going on, are becoming a second thought to the members in general. However, I'm so conflicted because I feel obligated to stay because I've been maintaining the dA group, which I have no mind doing because I found it. I also don't know how I feel about the community here. You all are great people, but I don't think I fit in as much as I did in the past. I'm really sorry to anyone that I had become friends with, I wish I can still keep in contact with you all, but no one ever bothers to send me a message any longer, unless I bring something up. :<

With that in mind, I'll still post the FanArt Friday showcases every week until otherwise a replacement (either BoB or someone else) decides to take over, or we can scrap it altogether since the This Week in Social Media articles are doing a better job of showcasing fan art. :>

escobert
06-12-2015, 02:20 AM
One of my long time friends murdered his girlfriend and mother of his child Monday morning. He died of a self inflicted gunshot wound after a highspeed chase in Kansas yesterday evening. I just don't even know what to think. What he did was horrible, its just really hard seeing everyone on news sites commenting on how good it is he's dead and not wasting tax payer money in jail ect. The entire situation sucks and is horrible. I wish I was around to help him avoid all this..

Ayen
06-12-2015, 02:35 AM
One of my long time friends murdered his girlfriend and mother of his child Monday morning. He died of a self inflicted gunshot wound after a highspeed chase in Kansas yesterday evening. I just don't even know what to think. What he did was horrible, its just really hard seeing everyone on news sites commenting on how good it is he's dead and not wasting tax payer money in jail ect. The entire situation sucks and is horrible. I wish I was around to help him avoid all this..

Damn. I'm sorry to hear that, Bert. =/

Doctor subscribed another inhaler for me to help with my cough, but I'm reluctant to take it because it has steroids in it. Not even sure what steroids is doing in an inhaler.

Pumpkin
06-22-2015, 09:21 PM
I took my cat's bed to wash it because it was dirty and full of cat hair. Now he's laying in front of where the bed goes and looking like I just killed his mother

Ffamran mied Bunansa
06-22-2015, 10:37 PM
Holy crap Bert, that's terrible, my condolences.

Tori, I had a chronic cough when I was younger and was prescribed an inhaler with steroids too. The steroids in an inhaler are an anti-inflammatory drug and have little to do with steroids taken by bodybuilders and athletes. They actually have very few side-effects too.

I've been plunking away in Matlab writing code for an optimization algorithm, unfortunately my objective functions are all out of whack and I am having difficulty fixing them.

Ayen
06-22-2015, 11:46 PM
Tori, I had a chronic cough when I was younger and was prescribed an inhaler with steroids too. The steroids in an inhaler are an anti-inflammatory drug and have little to do with steroids taken by bodybuilders and athletes. They actually have very few side-effects too.

Well then, now I just feel silly. Although my cough seems to be getting better without it.

In other news, the first story I've enjoyed reading in a very long time, is a fanfiction. Go figure. If the fanfic can keep me up at eight O clock in the morning reading it, then the actual book is going to leave me with many sleepless nights.

Sephex
06-23-2015, 02:56 AM
Perhaps there are times when I do feel like a plastic bag.

Pumpkin
07-01-2015, 07:12 PM
I want a new tattoo but we can't afford one

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/58/c1/9c/58c19c9e49c46cae48e0186ee6cff356.jpg

fat_moogle
07-01-2015, 07:23 PM
That I need to get a social life back.

Zanmato
07-01-2015, 07:33 PM
I want to buy my first MTG cards finally, but I have no money since few months, hahaha! XD

Alive-Cat
07-01-2015, 09:42 PM
the sandle :(

Karifean
07-03-2015, 07:00 PM
Developing Warcraft III maps is still as fun as it always was. Although I'm starting to wonder how many bugs I'll still run into and fix before I'm satisfied with the end result...

Pumpkin
07-07-2015, 06:43 PM
On call tonight and tomorrow but I've been sleeping very heavily (to the point that my body is actually sore when I wake up) lately, maybe due to stress I dunno, but I'm scared of sleeping through a call so I'm going to stay up as long as I possibly can. Hopefully it won't be too bad

Ayen
07-09-2015, 07:37 AM
Alexandra Daddario and Bryce Dallas Howard are my new celebrity crushes.

Alive-Cat
07-09-2015, 04:51 PM
the melting pot is stupid. sooooooo stupid :nonono:

~*~Celes~*~
07-12-2015, 03:13 AM
Why don't my boys believe in naps? :'(

escobert
07-12-2015, 05:11 AM
I need to save some pennies to get a Mosin-Nagant! NOW! :D

Ayen
07-12-2015, 05:21 AM
A friend of mine was on Chatango and had a picture of Melissa Benoist dressed as Supergirl eating a Superman logo cake, and people thought it was her and kept complimenting her on her Supergirl cosplay. It was hilarious.

noxious.sunshine
07-12-2015, 07:00 AM
My daughter's last week here.

I'm already really depressed. Especially since she's decided to sleep in her sheet fort she made downstairs rather than in bed with me.

Penny has been sleeping either in her kennel or on the couch with BeeJay (this mattress my friends have us is only a twin), so it's just me. Alone. By myself in bed at night.

Oh wait. Kitty been snuggling with me some lately.

Iceglow
07-12-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm giving serious consideration to moving out of London for good. I'm tired of sharing houses with people I don't know and don't particularly like at times. Yet on the salary my job or similar jobs to mine pay I could probably only afford to live alone in a shit heap part of town and even then it'd kill my social life completely. I've been looking at towns in particular I looked at Nottingham, this city would be far cheaper to live in and based on the wages of a similar job to mine even outside of London, it'd be paying the same which means I can afford to live alone (all told, a 1 bed flat and council tax comes to what I pay for a room every month. Add in 100 - 150 for utility bills and food, you're still looking at a far cheaper solution than London. It's just a matter now of convincing myself to get up and do it and also to explore the option of transferring office to Nottingham and becoming a consultant.

Lazerface
07-12-2015, 06:13 PM
I've been wondering about if would've won in a hot war between the NATO and the Warsaw Pact in the 1980's, like around 1985. I'm going to analyze our potential, our technology and weapons, communications, and economy of the 80's and compare with Russia's during the 80's. But going off of opinions and some facts from the time and some friends who happened to be stationed in West Germany during the Cold War, they say that NATO had the superior air support, and overall technology. But the Warsaw had the numbers, and their damned Submarine fleet. They would've sunk most of the U.S Navy along with NATO allies. But I'll keep debating.

07-12-2015, 06:13 PM
This stupid essay that I have to write for the leadership course I am going through right now. Ugh. 500-600 words due tomorrow and I haven't even really started yet.

Alive-Cat
07-12-2015, 09:04 PM
running hurts nipples :roll2

sharkythesharkdogg
07-13-2015, 01:04 AM
running hurts nipples :roll2

I never had that issue when I ran cross-country, but I witnessed it.

Lots of people would use vaseline, because they'd use whatever they could find last minute to smear on their nipples. Mayo, grape jelly, etc. :onoes:

Pumpkin
07-13-2015, 03:57 AM
Need to get on a sleep schedule. Some advice I got was to try it a bit at a time. So start by going to bed and waking up 15 minutes earlier, then 30, then 45, etc. I'm going to be on a much earlier schedule soon enough, but I have time to try it that way. I would rather ease in to it than have to deal with it all at once

Also mega cleaning week, bleh

~*~Celes~*~
07-13-2015, 04:50 AM
Earlier today, I had an emotional breakdown over some bitch who thinks she's the shit and dissolved her husband's friendship with my husband. BECAUSE SHE'S A JEALOUS TWAT.

And now I am eating ice cream and thinking about how awesome I am. Yay me!

Pumpkin
07-15-2015, 09:21 PM
I received an application for a work-study program for the college. Are these a good idea? I'll probably bring it to the appropriate people and talk to them about it

Pumpkin
07-24-2015, 04:53 PM
So my back isn't in constant pain anymore. I can stand up straight, walk around, sit, go out and all of that. But it's still very easy to start acting up. Cleaning has been going super slowly because after like 15 minutes of activity, it starts hurting again and I don't want to push it past that point in to another bad injury. So I have to take a break for a while just to do another 15 minutes. It'll also act up if I stand for too long. I haven't been able to do more involved exercises yet.

But it is getting better and I'm very thankful for that. It was awful for a few days there and it is slowly but surely improving. I wonder how long it'll take before it's completely back to normal

Burgermiester85
07-24-2015, 05:39 PM
I received an application for a work-study program for the college. Are these a good idea? I'll probably bring it to the appropriate people and talk to them about it

Idk if its too late a response but I was in work-study with my University and its been really great. They never work me too hard or too often and worked with my schedule for classes and it was a good way to get extra spending money

Ayen
07-24-2015, 05:48 PM
People on Twitter keep saying Pixels is the worst movie of 2015 and may very well end Adam Sandler's career, meanwhile I'm just sitting here like, "You know this is going to want to make more people go see it, right? Right?" I want to see it even more now because of this.

Bubba
07-25-2015, 01:41 PM
I wish I could be of more help to MissH. She's really struggling at the minute with hip, back, leg pain and is very fed up. All I can seem to do for her rub her back and make sure I get things that she needs. I'll be very glad when Baby Bubba is finally here and I can share some of the responsibility.

Mahad
07-27-2015, 02:19 AM
I really need to find out where I left the passwords for my old email accounts.

Bri
07-27-2015, 07:38 PM
Wondering what to cook for dinner..:/

noxious.sunshine
07-28-2015, 04:38 AM
The ongoing Dog Saga. The asshat who dumped him on us called me a fat ugly lazy bitch simply because I asked him to at least pay us $100 so that I can get groceries for myself.

And I now have to get the dog sold.

I'm so over this whole Summer. This was supposed to be an excellent fucking Summer and aside from my kiddo being here, it's been pretty shitty.

Ayen
07-28-2015, 08:26 PM
I'm amused that my most popular post on Google Plus right now is a picture of one of the Olsen Twins as Michelle Tanner playing Super Nintendo.

Night Fury
07-30-2015, 09:27 AM
So one of my coworkers is 40. I didn't know this right away until yesterday when he told me. The first day I worked with him I assumed he was in his twenties because he reaaaallllly doesn't look over 30 at all. I feel like it was a tiny bit of a gaff on my behalf because I've been talking to him as if he's like, my age-ish this whole time o.O. Not that there's anything wrong with that, he's really cool and stuff and laid back. But yeah I feel a bit of a tit xD Like, I do think once you hit your twenties age is just a number and you're as young as you feel - but I can't help but feel I should have been talking to him with more respect (not casually as if he's my pal) since he's techinically in a more senior position. Like, I'm all to pot with how I should be talking to him. But we get on great though. It's just such an odd thing.

Pumpkin
07-31-2015, 07:48 AM
I feel like I should go to bed but I dun want to

noxious.sunshine
07-31-2015, 03:54 PM
We still have yet to hear from the school my bf's applied to. I'm sure he's been accepted (he aced the entrance exam twice), but it's just really worrying.

But, at this point, my bf is fed up with NYC in general and wants to move back to Nashville. If for some reason he doesn't get in, we'll most likely be moving back. And I've asked my dad if he would like to move in with us if we do wind up moving back.

It's not because either one of us want help money-wise from him. I genuinely really really really want my dad living with me and I want to take care of him and all that. But it's kind of niggling in the back of my head that he thinks I want him with us because we know he -will- help pay bills. And that's not the case.

I just wanna know what's gonna happen. Not knowing is killing me.

black orb
07-31-2015, 11:49 PM
>>> My family is a total pain in the ass. :luca:

Karifean
08-01-2015, 10:08 PM
Just had a lengthy talk with my mother about how her separation and divorce from my father came to pass, and what led up to it. Very interesting stuff.

Ayen
08-02-2015, 07:01 AM
How have I not reviewed either Final Fantasy movie yet?

-adds it to the list-

Zanmato
08-02-2015, 01:00 PM
I'm coming back to playing Card Hunter. The new futuristic adventures are pretty interesting. :3

setsua25
08-02-2015, 03:01 PM
How much i miss gaming on my PC. I got my PS4 but its still not the same for what i want to do lol.

Ayen
08-02-2015, 06:02 PM
Grandmother got released from the hospital. I forget why she was there, but she's on oxygen full time now. We're wanting to go see her on Tuesday. Dad needs to call up ahead to make sure we can.

It's hard to believe. I know she's in her nineties, but she was so full of life last time I saw her.

Night Fury
08-16-2015, 05:46 PM
Worried about my old dog today, she's been home alone and was a bit poorly this morning. I'm sure she's all good but I wish I could have not been working today to have that quality time with her comforting her because I'm not sure how long she has left and that makes me :(

Zanmato
08-17-2015, 08:20 AM
I hope that Magic Origins DBT will arrive to me today.
Geez, I wanna play so badly! *^*

FFNut
08-17-2015, 12:38 PM
Back at work after days off doing the morning shift. 3:30 am should not be the time to get to work. Need more coffee.

Lazerface
08-17-2015, 04:42 PM
The fact I haven't even started on my senior project and I still don't know what I want to do

08-18-2015, 01:02 AM
Fantasy Football.

Pumpkin
08-18-2015, 06:31 AM
I recently discovered text adventures and whenever I try to hug people, they tell me not to hug people :(

Christmas
03-29-2023, 01:31 PM
I decided to dig my nose today infront of a sexually abusive horny cockroach. :bigsmile: