PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this game will live up to the hype[llo]

Scotty_ffgamer
03-19-2015, 05:05 AM
It's been a long time coming, with many years for us to build excitement and expectations. We've had XIII come out to the disappointment of a lot of fans, and I know a lot of people were seeing Versus XIII as the game that would restore their faith in Square. After delays and several years of silence, there have been a lot of disappointments as well, I think.

So, do you think this game will live up to the expectations that have been building over the years? For those who have played the demo, is any confidence in this game that may have been lost in the delays returned? Ride ze shoopuf?

Mirage
03-19-2015, 05:44 AM
There aren't even hypellos in this game.

Fynn
03-19-2015, 06:05 AM
Scott, please, stop. I loved you. Why are you doing this.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-19-2015, 06:12 AM
There should be Hypellos in every game.

Anyways, the demo has me tentatively enthusiastic about the game. I think it'll live up to my expectations.

Fynn
03-19-2015, 06:16 AM
From what I've seen of people's opinions, I agree.

I hope there's still copies of the Collector's Edition of Type-0 available when I get a PS4 so that I can actually play the demo

CimminyCricket
03-19-2015, 06:21 AM
I am not as hyped for this game as I have been in the past. I use to get all jittery and excited seeing FFX commercials on the TV. With XI and XII there wasn't a whole lot of excitement, but when I started watching the XIII trailer I got excited again. It let me down. I am not going to get excited for something that will probably not live up to my excitement.

Loony BoB
03-19-2015, 11:22 AM
Depends on how much hype it ends up getting. If it's a lot, probably not. If it's a reasonable amount, the hopefully it will, yeah.

Mirage
03-19-2015, 11:24 AM

I hope there's still copies of the Collector's Edition of Type-0 available when I get a PS4 so that I can actually play the demo

That's actually not a collector's edition thing, just a "first batch" thing.

Freya
03-19-2015, 12:09 PM
After seeing the ramuh summon, I'm all aboard. Hype hype hypello!

Meltdown
03-19-2015, 02:24 PM
I've gotta say that seeing the Ramuh summon has definitely sealed the deal for me too! Summons were always my fave part of the PSX era games (long ass animations and all). And heck, we even have the original victory fanfare back (damn you XIII trilogy for stealing this away from us). It's the little touches that are making this game feel more like a good old FF again. :)

Tyson
03-19-2015, 02:33 PM
As long as it's the best Final Fantasy since X I'd say it's lived up to the hype.

After playing the demo I definitely think it's on track to do that. So yep!

Fynn
03-19-2015, 03:00 PM

That's actually not a collector's edition thing, just a "first batch" thing.

Well yeah, because they won't be printing additional batches of the Collector's Edition.

DMKA
03-19-2015, 04:05 PM
Based on everything I've seen so far, do I think it will be good? Yes! I think it will be fantastic.

But will it live up to the hype? No. No freaking way. The expectations people have built up for this game over the last nine years are insane and impossible to live up to.

If it does, it will be the greatest game ever made.

fat_moogle
03-19-2015, 04:37 PM
And heck, we even have the original victory fanfare back (damn you XIII trilogy for stealing this away from us). It's the little touches that are making this game feel more like a good old FF again. :)
This is the first I've heard of the victory theme being in XV, so I'm really glad about that!

Shauna
03-19-2015, 04:49 PM
Does anything ever live up to any hype? Hype is bad.

Slothy
03-19-2015, 09:00 PM
But will it live up to the hype? No. No freaking way. The expectations people have built up for this game over the last nine years are insane and impossible to live up to..

What expectations? I think most people will be satisfied if it's actually released at this point. 9 years of mostly nothing and following the worst single player FF's ever made keeps expectations extremely low to be honest.

Lawr
03-19-2015, 09:24 PM
It looks freaking awesome. But from what I've seen it looks like it'll take a long time to kill the Behemoth Hp-wise, even with Noct using what appears to be his limit break, and I hear there's also a summon in the demo (Ramuh?) too?!

And by the way if you don't have Type-0 you can get the FFXV demo with gamesharing!

DMKA
03-19-2015, 11:26 PM
What expectations? I think most people will be satisfied if it's actually released at this point. 9 years of mostly nothing and following the worst single player FF's ever made keeps expectations extremely low to be honest.

You haven't been on many gaming boards where this game was discussed in the last four years or so, I see. :p

Aulayna
03-20-2015, 07:11 PM
The combat definitely needs some tuning. The graphical engine also has huge FPS drops and choppiness in places.

My main worry is that the final product will be a Watch_Dogs level of quality drop, because right now it honestly feels like they're trying to do more than what the current gen consoles can handle.

Plus I can see the loading time when dieing and going back to a checkpoint, becoming hugely frustrating if they are that long in the final game.

I'm cautiously hopeful, but right now there seems to be pitfalls all around that the game could fall into.

FFFFsephychibi
03-20-2015, 07:31 PM
The demo alone was a masterpiece imo.

I can't imagine what will happen when the full game is released, I might explode.

Fox
04-23-2015, 09:52 PM
I just thought of something.

Final Fantasy XV was announced in 2006, it's now 2015. The original Final Fantasy was released in 1987. That means this game has been in development for one third of the time the entire Final Fantasy franchise has existed.

It'd better be good after that!

Ayen
04-23-2015, 11:37 PM
I agree with Shauna, Vivi, and Aulayna. Honestly, I'm surprised there's any hype regarding this game at all considering how impatient gamers can be when something gets delayed for just a year, let alone waiting for it for what has almost been a full decade since its announcement. If there are people who honestly think the last nine years has led up to making the game the best it can be when there didn't seem to be any headway made on it until Tabata took over, they're just setting themselves up to be disappointed.

CimminyCricket
04-24-2015, 12:30 AM
This just in: Final Fantasy XV has been stalled again! New release date set to the 10 year anniversary of its announcement.

Ayen
04-24-2015, 12:36 AM
This just in: Final Fantasy XV has been stalled again! New release date set to the 10 year anniversary of its announcement.

Nah, they'd wait until the 30th year anniversary of the franchise.

Chibi Youkai
04-24-2015, 02:23 AM
Not sure it's physically possible to live up to the hype. There's just been too much waiting. At this point, the game could be the best of any in the series, and people will still nitpick and groan about every little issue. The internet just loves to be miserable and make everyone else as well.

escobert
04-25-2015, 04:49 PM
I never heard of this game until this forum appeared. I'd hope it lives up to that hype :p

Christmas
05-25-2022, 11:51 AM
:(