PDA

View Full Version : So, that opening cutscene before the "New Game" menu.

Loony BoB
03-19-2015, 09:39 PM
Anyone got a run-down on exactly what I just witnessed? I got lost in the different nations and who was winning and who was representing which nation and who was summoning what and... yeah. xD

Aulayna
03-19-2015, 10:18 PM
Cid's Milites Empire invaded Rubrum, pretty much as a distraction while a secret task force tried to take over Rubrum's Perystilium. Got their arses handed to them by Bahamut and magic.

In return Cid deploys l'Cie piloting a crystal jammer, that nulifies Rubrum's Vermililon Crystal severing the Rubrum military from magic. Cid's Empire then goes on a rampage.

Cue Class Zero entering with Odin kicking rear.

Class Zero aren't affected by the jammer, because... play the damn game

Psychotic
03-19-2015, 11:59 PM
Yeah I think it was kind of a mishmash of dropping a whole load of random words and terms at you with them making very little sense. Think it suffered from Final Fantasy XIII-itis.

Pheesh
03-20-2015, 06:36 AM
Yeah I had no idea what the hell was going on for basically the entire first hour of the game. Red bird good, white tiger bad.

Night Fury
03-20-2015, 08:31 AM
Cid's Milites Empire invaded Rubrum, pretty much as a distraction while a secret task force tried to take over Rubrum's Perystilium. Got their arses handed to them by Bahamut and magic.

In return Cid deploys l'Cie piloting a crystal jammer, that nulifies Rubrum's Vermililon Crystal severing the Rubrum military from magic. Cid's Empire then goes on a rampage.

Yeah... erm, what? xD

Fox
03-21-2015, 01:33 AM

Yeah... erm, what? xD

Here's a quick rundown of some of those terms!

Milites Empire - A nation. As with most Empires, they seem to be jerks.
Rubrum - Another nation.
Crystal - Each of the 4 nations has a Crystal. It gives them powers and magic and stuff.
Perystilium - The place where a nation keeps their crystal. The Greeks and Romans had Perystiliums (sans magic crystals), which were kinda courtyards surrounded by ornate pillars.
l'Cie - Like in FFXIII. Not sure how they work in Type-0. I translate that as 'Special Magical Dude'.
Crystal Jammer - Device that stops the crystal magic. Is OP.

fat_moogle
03-21-2015, 02:25 AM
Yeah, that pre-new game scene was pretty confusing. Hopefully it will all make sense when nine and nine meet nine xD

I understand the crystal jamming situation though and what the empire were hoping to achieve.

Fox
03-21-2015, 02:48 AM
Yeah I followed it OK but purely because I had been to this thread before and was forewarned to pay very close attention​

Leigh
03-21-2015, 02:54 AM
It's funny how Black Turtle never turns up when developers and story writers take inspiration from mythlogies. Are turtles not cool or something?!

Fox
03-21-2015, 02:57 AM
It's funny how Black Turtle never turns up when developers and story writers take inspiration from mythlogies. Are turtles not cool or something?!

Reminds me of Harry Potter a lot. Vermillion Bird! White Tiger! Azure Dragon! Hufflepuff!

Leigh
03-21-2015, 03:05 AM

Reminds me of Harry Potter a lot. Vermillion Bird! White Tiger! Azure Dragon! Hufflepuff!

I'm always Hufflepuff. We might be slow, and not the brightest, but our heart is in the right place and we plod on. We're the middle people in history. We might not change the world, or discover new laws of physics, but we make awesome cookies and give good hugs!