PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Two Discussion - ***Chapter Two Spoilers Inside***

Loony BoB
03-20-2015, 09:49 PM
In this thread discuss chapter two. You can discuss anything that happens in chapter one and two without marking it as a spoiler. That means if you haven't completed this chapter, you probably shouldn't read this thread...

Anything that happens in chapter three and onwards should be marked with SPOILER tags like so...

Something happens!

...which results in something like this (click it): Something happens!

Psychotic
03-21-2015, 01:09 AM
Places that I want to visit keep getting destroyed. Those wacky L'Cie are so inconsiderate.

Slightly irked it made me summon Ifrit, and so early too. If I'd known I'd have put cannon fodder in my frontline!

Vyk
03-21-2015, 06:34 AM
I just started chapter 3 and haven't summoned anything yet. I think I just unlocked the ability to summon Shiva after the final battle of chapter 2. But I don't know what activates that stuff. And not sure what events transpired that forced you to summon one, but that's interesting

I'm still having a hard time keeping my people alive. The AI isn't as great as I once thought it was. I think I lost a good portion of my crew to the golem guarding the gate. I didn't personally die to it at all though. But I did die to the giant dog-mechs a couple of times. And sadly I only took in half my team. It was almost a huge mistake as people were dying left and right, and I ended up having to face the final boss with just Machina x_x

I am sooo still getting used to the battle mechanics. I can never tell when to dodge or where to dodge or how many times to dodge, and keep ending up sending myself into pincer positions where enemy back-up gets free hits. And when I'm a person who can actually block, I'm WAY too slow at that. Even slower casting Wall or Cure. I'm terrible lol

Still enjoying it immensely though and can't wait to get good at everything and start being able to mop the floor with everyone

Anyone have any favorite characters to play as at this point? I've been surprised by a couple of them. I didn't expect Rem to be so rogue-like. She's really fun. I really enjoy playing as Eight, but as previously stated, I'm terrible with his needs. So he gets pummeled pretty bad on follow-up attacks after I finish a combo

Psychotic
03-21-2015, 08:58 AM
Did you encounter Golem a second time? I was told I had to summon Ifrit to break down this gate next to him. Then I tried to kill Golem and nearly had it but Ifrit's timer ran out.

I learned battle mechanics in the Arena at Akademia. I tried out every single character to get a feel for their style and I also learned to roll like a fiend. No time penalty either and you get to keep your EXP and Phantoma! Give it a go!

Vyk
03-21-2015, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I had the arena unlocked for a bit now, I've only just started making use of it. It is indeed a very excellent place to train. Thanks for the tip. I definitely need to spend some time in there and get used to both every character, and the battle system itself. It's also nice that they throw multiple enemies at you as my biggest problem was always dodging one, to end up beside him while his buddy was running up and ending up between them. Though I also just unlocked and equipped abilities for a lot of people to do successive dodges so now I can just hold the button and dodge like crazy (I guess?)

Either way, still really really loving the game. And I do love this battle system. I just kept treating it like a Tales of game out of instinct to start out with. Basically trying to muscle my way through fights with a constant barrage and you canNOT do that. You take way too much damage way too fast. It's also really wonky how you use items but I'm not sure there was a better way. So now there's that advantage as well (I have yet to use items in real battle or on missions x_x lol I'm such a noob)

Del Murder
04-01-2015, 04:39 AM
Another chapter in and I still don't know what's going on in this world. At least it is pretty clear that my goal is to liberate these cities (only to see them be destroyed?).

I'm also still getting used to the battles. Locking randomly switches to some other enemy and I never know when to stop dodging frantically and start attacking. Also MP management becomes an issue.

I'm not sure where you guys are getting summoning from. I went through the whole chapter and I didn't need or know how to summon anything. I killed everything with my characters, but not after losing half of them. I still die frequently in battles even with my 'best' team. Each time I end up settling on a character who just rocks the rest of the mission. In that one cave it was Cater and in the last mission for Ch. 2 it was Eight.