PDA

View Full Version : Which trio are you rocking as your mains? Who are the biggest losers?

Psychotic
03-20-2015, 10:50 PM
Or are you one of these "I use them all evenly!" hippies?

Eight's my #1 boy, supported by Rem and Ace. B-Team is Queen, Machina and Trey. Jack and Deuce are allowed nowhere near the frontlines because they fucking suck ass.

Aulayna
03-20-2015, 10:54 PM
Main:

Rem, Cater, Ace

Rem is super nimble, lots of fast combos and the Reraise ability is fab. Ace has support deck on and is generally awesome. Cater is the debuff queen.

Sub:

Queen, Deuce, X

Rarely use:

Jack, Cinque

DMKA
03-20-2015, 10:56 PM
The guy with the cards, the girl with the scythe, and the girl with the whip.

I can't remember any of their names.

Psychotic
03-21-2015, 01:10 AM
King got promoted to my B-Team and my alt if Eight goes down. Something entirely satisfying about letting rip with those pistols.

Sephiroth
03-21-2015, 09:00 AM
The guy with the cards, the girl with the scythe, and the girl with the whip.

I can't remember any of their names.

Yes, Ace, Sice and Seven are my team as well, alternatively Queen or Nine. I also use Machina and Rem. I mean, I use everyone but those are my mains.

Fox
03-21-2015, 02:25 PM
I'm still deciding, I haven't tried them all yet. Sice and Rem are great fun to use.

Question! Before I go into a mission some of my team are highlighted in yellow. What does this mean? If there's tutorial for it I haven't found it yet. This game is really bad at explaining itself.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-21-2015, 04:36 PM
I've read that if you go into a mission with a team of everyone (I think) highlighted yellow, they get a buff called aura. Couldn't tell you anymore detail than that as I haven't had much chance to play the game, but I did read that tidbit somewhere.

Fox
03-21-2015, 04:58 PM
Oooh I had noticed Aura popping up from time to time... cool! I'll keep an eye on them next mission and see if they have aura.

Euon
03-21-2015, 06:54 PM
I'm not really set in my ways or too far in as of yet but Sice, Ace and Rem are feelin' pretty good. My B-team is Machina, Rem and Cater for now. We'll see how it goes I suppose, still so much to feel out!

Vyk
03-21-2015, 10:26 PM
I have a suspicion that Duce is going to unlock some ungodly abilities considering how useless she appears to be..

Fox
03-21-2015, 10:52 PM
The only thing set in stone for me so far is that Seven is my main. I love her. Each attack in her combo is a super fast AOE attack. She's the best. I can't remember what I did to do it but I unlocked her summer outfit. :3

Vyk
03-21-2015, 11:36 PM

I've heard mention of a bikini but it was from an NPC bragging about prancing around her house in it. No mention of the things being available to me. Nice to look forward to changing clothes

Aulayna
03-23-2015, 01:15 PM
After toying around, I can say that Deuce is the best character.

You can make her so brokenly overpowered by using Avoid as her Defensive Ability, and the Stun song and the Heal song as her 2 usable abilities.

Just walk around playing a flute, auto-dodging pretty much everything.

fat_moogle
03-23-2015, 02:38 PM
I've read that if you go into a mission with a team of everyone (I think) highlighted yellow, they get a buff called aura. Couldn't tell you anymore detail than that as I haven't had much chance to play the game, but I did read that tidbit somewhere.
I wondered what that was. Thanks for pointing that out!

As for my favourite trio I haven't played with any enough to really determine that. I've played as Ace, Trey, Cater, Seven, Eight, Nine, Queen and Rem. Out of those three I'd say my favourites are Cater, Seven and Eight. Cater's charge feature is pretty good, Eight is just like POW POW POW and Seven's whip move (snakebite) packs a punch. I'm going to play more tonight and try out some more characters, and I haven't used the altocrystarium yet (which I've only just unlocked) so that might change once I unlock different abilities for my characters.

Loony BoB
03-23-2015, 04:50 PM
I'm very early in the game but I'm starting to get my feel for the characters as I'm rotating them (ordering them by lowest to highest level).

So far, Trey, Sice, Eight, Rem, Ace and Cinque are my go-to-crew when it comes to getting things back on track. Queen is great as a party member for heals. Deuce is really annoying and I have to play her a lot as she's rubbish at levelling up. But because of this, I'm learning how to play her better more than I am the rest. I'll probably continue with playing the lowest level most and see how far it gets me. I find this means I have to play quite a number of random battles between missions, though, as it suggests the next mission is for Level 13 and I think I only have Trey on that level at the moment.

Vyk
03-23-2015, 05:45 PM
I've been playing that way as well. It keeps me prepared if my favorite people end up dead in a mission I'm always able to play as whoever is available. I'm also frequently surprised at just how good some people are. Like I had no intention of using Machina that much, but I completely blew on the last mission and everyone died and he was all that was left. But his swords doing their drill attacks devastated the boss whenever I caught him. So thankfully I was left with someone powerful and not something like Deuce lol Just dancing around playing a flute that summons a fairy or something that does 50'ish damage randomly whenever it manages to catch an enemy..

Edit: There's that thing I abuse in random encounters that more enemies are nearby and it asks if you want to keep fighting. I usually get quite a few of those in a row and fight 4 or 5 groups before moving on. Gets you lots more stuff when you start fighting higher level enemies in those groups

NeoCracker
03-24-2015, 11:59 AM
Queen is a mother fucking monster once you start getting the hang of Divine Judgement. Only one of her abilities I needed, pared with Thunder SHG and some Magic boosting Accessories. Every other character was my B Team.

King and Trey could mow dudes down quick too, ranged is freaking brutal in this game.

And Jack took some time, but he's easily my favorite dude to just get up close and personal with. He murders things so damn fast. <3

Leigh
03-27-2015, 02:27 PM
Rem, Machina and Ace. =)

Bubba
03-27-2015, 04:47 PM
There are too many of the smurfers!

Machina is taking point for me at the minute though as he's just awesome. He is backed up by Ace and Sice. My main reserves are Eight, King and Rem. I'll definitely bring Deuce into the fray more after what's been posted.

Cinque is my least favourite so far. I know the mace is powerful but I just don't like it as a weapon. She moves with all the speed and fluidity of a jockey swinging a lamppost.

I understand the thinking behind levelling everyone equally but smurf that, it'll take forever. "We're all the same level and we're all decidedly average... and there was much rejoicing... yey"

Del Murder
04-01-2015, 04:51 AM
Queen is my girl. She is so nimble and Divine Judgement is an easy damage + cure. My other two are Seven and Machina, but I'm wondering if I should substitute a ranged fighter in there. I'm still trying to figure out my backups but I currently go to Nine, King, and Sice. King can really do some damage to enemies with only close-up attacks. I've also found Cater and Eight useful on occasion.

Aulayna
04-01-2015, 05:16 AM
I pretty much stuck with my initial line-up through 3 playthroughs lol

Rem, Ace, Cater are the A Team.

Queen, King, Deuce are the B Team.

Seven occassionally gets switched in for Queen or Deuce.

My most unused characters, who are now 20-30 levels behind everyone else, are Jack, Nine and Machina.

Psychotic
04-01-2015, 08:01 AM
I'm wondering if I should substitute a ranged fighter in there. You really, really should. My main trio was Eight - Ace - Rem. Eight was my main and I'd switch to Ace if I needed range, but King was my back up main and he is a death machine and a godsend when range was needed. Always use a ranged character on the RTS world map battle minigame.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-02-2015, 12:46 AM
My favorites to use are Seven, Nine & Sice. Though I like to give everyone their day in the sun, and I don't use all three of them at once.

There's a lot of hate going around for Jack, presumably because he tiptoes when his weapon is drawn. The trick I've found for Jack is to use dodging as your form of movement and he gets along real well. Talk about a power house.

I can't say that I dislike using any of them, though nine times out of ten I'll use Trey and King for my long range over Cater. Does anyone else noticed there's an annoying noise coming from her gun when she walks, or is it just something I have equipped on her?

edit: Having gone further in the game, I've come to enjoy using Cater just as much as any other long range cadet. She has great shooting and running speed.

Vermachtnis
04-25-2015, 07:58 PM
Cater, Cinque, and Queen is my favorite team so far.

Cater is really fun to use. Poison and debuff is a mean combination. Plus she just oozes energy.
Cinque, I can't play as her, but she's my number two ever since she stepped infront of a rocket for me and smack the crap out of the guy when I only had like 2HP. I don't know what it is, but she seems to actively run in front of hits. Which I'm perfectly fine with, I just bump up her HP and Defense and give her moves with no flinch and hide behind her.
Queen, poor poor Queen, having to babysit the hyper one and the weird one. She's in charge of making sure we don't die and by we I mean Cinque because of the whole chasing bullets like they were butterflies thing.

LunarWeaver
04-29-2015, 07:58 PM
Ace, Rem, and anybody who isn't Jack or Deuce.

Zelfina Ai'ada
05-13-2015, 11:04 AM
I'm pretty much enjoying all the characters so far, but I've mainly been using Queen, Rem, and Cinque. I am progressively becoming guilty of neglecting other characters due to these three!

Bubba
05-13-2015, 12:12 PM
I'm pretty much enjoying all the characters so far, but I've mainly been using Queen, Rem, and Cinque. I am progressively becoming guilty of neglecting other characters due to these three!

Yeah, Queen is my new favourite. She is way ahead of the others in terms of level and is so bad ass that I can't stop using her!

Galuf
05-23-2015, 07:33 PM
i got the game yestereday. im only on chapter 2 but my 3 mains i use the most is
nine cos dragoons are awesome.
machina idk why
and i like having queen as she is good fighter and healer i think.

eight is also very good so he comes in sometimes.

i cant believe they screwed up the samurai class by making Jack move slower than the snail class