PDA

View Full Version : Just finished it...

Aulayna
03-22-2015, 08:43 AM
http://bloggar.nwt.se/genusbooden/files/2014/06/wait-what.jpg

Pretty much sums up how I feel right now.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-22-2015, 08:58 AM
I've heard the game is meant to be played a second time, and that playing the game a second time gives extra scenes that are important to the story. At the very least, there's more to the ending I think. A lot of reviews I was reading said you had to play it a second time to make sense of what was going on. I'm just starting out on the game still, but your reaction is making me think that this is probably true, haha.

Leigh
03-22-2015, 11:40 AM
Did you eat, drink, and inhale it?

Shauna
03-22-2015, 12:26 PM
Doesn't seem like it is a particularly long game if that's you done?

Night Fury
03-22-2015, 12:34 PM
^ this!

Leigh
03-22-2015, 12:45 PM
My opinion so far is play this game, if you want to play a Final Fantasy game. If you want to play something that feels similar but the story is executed well and the characters aren't juat avatars - then stick to Valkyria Chronicles. :)

Vyk
03-22-2015, 02:19 PM
I always did get a weird Valkyria Chronicles vibe from this game.

I've put in over eight hours and only on chapter three. Not sure how many chapters there are. I hope I'm not halfway through the game already

Aulayna
03-22-2015, 04:09 PM
Doesn't seem like it is a particularly long game if that's you done?

My first play through was around 35 hours, that's pretty sizeable (remember it was originally a PSP game after all). Though I did get distracted with some side stuff. Judging by how much of the worldmap was left unexplored (either due to not being able to access it/being far too low level), I suspect there's more to do.

I've heard the game is meant to be played a second time, and that playing the game a second time gives extra scenes that are important to the story. At the very least, there's more to the ending I think. A lot of reviews I was reading said you had to play it a second time to make sense of what was going on. I'm just starting out on the game still, but your reaction is making me think that this is probably true, haha.

Yeah the general jist of the story I get. The final chapter proper drops some things in out of the blue though. I was more stunned about where they actually went with the ending. Though I guess I have to wait for people to finish it before I have someone to talk too about it xD

I'll be playing through it a 2nd time anyway to do all the side stuff I missed out on first time through.

Suppose I should also add, it's easily ranked up there as one of my favourite FF games of all time.

Vyk
03-22-2015, 04:48 PM
A very vague and positive review :3 But I kinda like that it's not 60 hours long. 30-ish seems to be that golden area where busy people can actually accomplish beating the game and then there's tons of side stuff for everyone else to enjoy, and the idea of a second (worthwhile) playthrough is also really nice. I've been super enjoying it

Shauna
03-22-2015, 04:50 PM
35 hours isn't bad! I guess I was just overlaying my own playstyle. I wouldn't be able to cram 35 hours of gameplay over 2-3 days. xD

Aulayna
03-22-2015, 05:03 PM
It seems like a very easy game to Plat Trophy though. I only have 4 trophies left to go, none of which are particularly hard. The bulk of the trophies you can get on your first playthrough, none of them are really hard to get and there's none associated with the optional hard stuff (unlike FFX/KH HD)

Aulayna
03-23-2015, 12:22 AM
Okay as a follow-up:

When you get to Togoreth on the 2nd playthrough you get the choice of whether you want to do the same mission you did on the first playthrough, or a different one (which is a lot tougher). Doing the different one gives new cutscenes and events etc. Then for most missions going forward, you get a similar choice.

Vyk
03-23-2015, 01:11 AM
Holy cow. That's really awesome o.o And really surprising. Way to go Squeenix for replayability

NeoCracker
03-24-2015, 11:54 AM
You should not be required to play the game twice just to make sense of what the fuck is going on.

This ending was more of a cluster fuck then Bravely Defaults ending, and really the only thing left is you wondering what the fuck the point of all this even was.

Leigh
03-24-2015, 12:02 PM
I fear it might take me a while to get through the game. I'm getting a little burnt out by the gameplay and story already, and I'm only at the start of Chapter Three. It just doesn't seem 'that' interesting. :( I think I might have just started growing out of Japanese archetypes, now that I am not 14 years old anymore.

Aulayna
03-24-2015, 12:27 PM
Keep going. Chapter 5 is amazing. Chapter 3 is a bit slow. I was getting bored by the end of Chapter 4, but Chapter 5... oh man!

DMKA
03-27-2015, 05:12 AM
Yeah, that ending was...umm...yeah, it was a thing.

Does anyone know what happens if you choose to become a l'cie? That seems like it'd have to completely alter the ending.

I also hear there's an added secret ending if you play through a second time.

black orb
03-27-2015, 06:01 AM
http://bloggar.nwt.se/genusbooden/files/2014/06/wait-what.jpg

Pretty much sums up how I feel right now.
>>> Thats how I felt when I tortured myself playing the first hour of this game.. :soothe: :luca:

DMKA
03-27-2015, 04:03 PM
>>> Thats how I felt when I tortured myself playing the first hour of this game.. :soothe: :luca:

Haha, I felt the same way. The game gradually starts to make more sense once you get about half way through though.

Aulayna
03-30-2015, 10:17 AM
Super-easy Platinum.

Leigh
04-03-2015, 11:11 PM
I finally managed to dedicate more time to plow through it. Just finished it. Ugh. So, so bad. Pretty sure they made all the levels, assets and items for the game engine, then used a third-party mod to interject a storyline into the damn thing.

fat_moogle
04-14-2015, 01:45 AM
I chose to become a l'Cie and then died when those Rersus what ever the hell they are got to like level 90. Was I supposed to die? WHAT THE HELL? Or did I need to stay mortal? As Aria would say I have no motherfrickin idea.

Aulayna
04-14-2015, 02:01 AM
I chose to become a l'Cie and then died when those Rersus what ever the hell they are got to like level 90. Was I supposed to die? WHAT THE HELL? Or did I need to stay mortal? As Aria would say I have no motherfrickin idea.

Yes. You were.

That bit is neverending, they can all the way up to level 255 lol

fat_moogle
04-14-2015, 02:05 AM

Yes. You were.

For real? -_-

If I choose to stay mortal is there a proper ending?

Aulayna
04-14-2015, 02:16 AM

Yes. You were.

For real? -_-

Yes :p

fat_moogle
04-14-2015, 02:20 AM

Yes. You were.

For real? -_-

Yes :p

Oh good!

Then I'll replay the end part tomorrow and post my thoughts on that!

EDIT: So I just completed it after choosing to stay mortal. Sooooo, that last boss fight. LAME! The CG sequence with Class Zero in the destroyed classroom was pretty emotional though. I honestly thought that the game had pulled some twist when Ace was daydreaming, but when it cut back to reality I was like "ohhh". Wasn't expecting Machina and Rem to come charging in to find Class Zero dead. Speaking of Rem, how the hell is she alive? Isn't she A) seriously ill and B) well, dead?! And Machina becomes a world leader and gets married? To who? Rem? I'm confused xD

DMKA
04-15-2015, 01:29 AM
EDIT: So I just completed it after choosing to stay mortal. Sooooo, that last boss fight. LAME! The CG sequence with Class Zero in the destroyed classroom was pretty emotional though. I honestly thought that the game had pulled some twist when Ace was daydreaming, but when it cut back to reality I was like "ohhh". Wasn't expecting Machina and Rem to come charging in to find Class Zero dead. Speaking of Rem, how the hell is she alive? Isn't she A) seriously ill and B) well, dead?! And Machina becomes a world leader and gets married? To who? Rem? I'm confused xD

Supposedly there's a whole bunch of new scenes in New Game+ that explain all those finer plotholes. I'm not feeling the urge to go through a second time to see them yet though. :p

fat_moogle
04-15-2015, 11:37 AM

Supposedly there's a whole bunch of new scenes in New Game+ that explain all those finer plotholes. I'm not feeling the urge to go through a second time to see them yet though. :p

Yeah I heard that. I'm not feeling it either to be honest. It's not like I'll be getting rid of my copy so I might go back to it at some point, but we'll see.