PDA

View Full Version : This game in Remote Play

Scotty_ffgamer
03-22-2015, 09:36 PM
.... feels like a natural fit on the Vita. I suppose this makes sense considering it was a PSP game. I still notice the bad textures and whatnot, but it's not quite as noticeable as it is on the big screen. They don't feel as out of place either. I suggest doing Remote Play for this game if you have a Vita and maybe struggle with how it looks on the big screen.

I honestly forgot about Remote Play because my internet connection is pretty terrible at home a lot of the times. I never thought about the fact that I can just do a direct connection to the PS4. I honestly don't mind how it looks while playing on the tv, but in my current living situation I have limited access to my consoles. It was nice when it finally dawned on me that I can just play on my vita.

fat_moogle
03-23-2015, 01:34 AM
You read my mind, I was just about to post a thread like this myself! xD

I tried remote play myself briefly tonight and yes, I agree that it does work really well. One thing I found that the camera movement doesn't seem so mind-bendingly spinny. Maybe it's because there's not such a big image twirling around. Also some games have ultra teeny text when using remote play, but Type-0 makes it look like it's a native game. I guess that could be seen as a backhanded complement xD

Vyk
03-23-2015, 06:14 AM
Well, the people who think it should have been released on Vita get their wish at least. Maybe this is what Square had in mind. Appeasing more masses by making it available for both (kinda [but really only if you own both lol])

Scotty_ffgamer
03-23-2015, 07:04 AM
Remote play doesn't really stop people who thought it should be out on Vita from complaining really. People complain about that and the price point a lot in other places. I do think Vita would have been a better fit just because the game is designed with a portable system in mind. There are good reasons for it being on the PS4 though. Tabata was more familiar with the PS4/Xbox One architecture with working on XV, and it was also used to try to help increase the FF userbase on the current gen before XV comes out.

I'm just glad we got the game, and I'm glad Remote Play is a thing so I can play it right now.

Loony BoB
03-23-2015, 02:06 PM
People complain it wasn't released on Vita, but are playing it on Vita? I'm confused. It effectively was released on Vita, via remote play.

Aulayna
03-23-2015, 02:08 PM
I think the complaint is that to play it on Vita they need to own a Vita, PS4 and the Game and also have an internet connection capable of Remote Play. Rather than just, a Vita and the game.

I guess some people also want to believe it would've cost less if they released it on the Vita and not the PS4.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-23-2015, 05:35 PM
Yeah, the problem is that you need PS4, Vita, game, and good internet connection to play it on the go. I'm playing it in my home with the vita directly linked to the PS4, but I wouldn't be able to play well the moment I step out of my house. I don't take my vita anywhere though, so it makes no real difference for me. Some of the people complaining are complaining because they don't have a PS4 and don't want to shell out the money for one when they already have a Vita.

The price point thing is just that people think a PSP port (their words) shouldn't cost the same as a full price PS4 game despite the fact that a good bit of work was done on the remaster, and it is already a content rich game. But people like to complain on the internet no matter what.

Vyk
03-23-2015, 07:58 PM
While I'm just sitting here as one of those rare birds who love it when a portable game comes to a stationary console so I can more easily play it on the TV where I'm more comfortable. I'd generally happily buy games twice if they were re-released on a console. I love Fire Emblem: Awakening and Bravely Default. But I can't commit to them because portable gaming makes me uncomfortable, and I adore those games. I'd re-buy them if they were released on a console. Granted, it'd probably be the WiiU and I'd have to get that as well, but if that stuff were available, that would persuade me quite a bit into that purchase

Del Murder
03-24-2015, 06:12 AM
Remote play when you are going through the internet instead of your home network generally sucks butt since it requires an almost seamless internet connection for the Vita and your PS4 at home. So no, it is not the same as having the game released for a portable console that you can actually play anywhere.

It is a cool use for remote play though. I'm finding it hard to find uses for my Vita. I still play PSP more than Vita!

fat_moogle
03-25-2015, 01:31 AM
Remote play doesn't work very well from my bedroom. It started off ok but then lost connection pretty quickly.