PDA

View Full Version : Newfound respect for Deuce!

fat_moogle
03-26-2015, 07:16 PM
So I just finished Chapter 3. My whole crew got wiped out and I was avoiding Deuce like the bubonic plague. That meant she was the last character I had available in my reserves. I switched to her and accepted that all was lost. But it wasn't! Somehow I avoided taking any major damage from the boss and I was merrily fluting away throwing out killsights left, right and centre to enemies that were spawning in. Then I felled the boss! I guess I shouldn't have underestimated her, and now I won't be so dubious about using her in future :)

***NOTE: THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT I ENJOY LISTENING TO THAT DAMNED FLUTE TUNE***

Aulayna
03-27-2015, 01:23 AM
Deuce is seriously overpowered. I had a feeling she would be, as she fits the bill of "character that appears worthless at first, but ends up being strongest in the game." Don't underestimate the flute!

Bubba
03-27-2015, 02:22 PM
Yeah, she's not getting much rotation for me at the minute. Just coming up to Mission 3 next so I think I'll venture out of Academia and get her levelled up.

Psychotic
03-27-2015, 02:27 PM
Been giving her a whirl since Auly's post on her a few days ago. I'll report back after a bit of a grind!

Aulayna
03-28-2015, 12:45 AM
So, people don't get what I mean about Deuce + Avoid being a walking murder machine.

Here's 14 minutes of murder :p Note, any dodge was an auto-dodge by Avoid. So just imagine that on boss fights etc :p

71NZ8ayTQUE

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-16-2015, 07:25 PM
I used Deuce during the second version of Gilgamesh, in the Tortoise room.

He was taking out people quick, so I had Deuce+Avoid simply walk around playing the flute consistently getting the killsights and auto-dodging everything. Single handedly took him down.