PDA

View Full Version : Help me to choose plox

Ergroilnin
03-26-2015, 09:28 PM
Heya guys,

I am turning to you because I need help with decision which Vita RPGs should I reward myself with. Apparently PS Store has an easter sale lasting till the 16th of april so there is plenty of time for choosing but I myself cannot quite decide. Thing is I am looking to spend around 35 USD/32 Euros max and I want to get the most of them for the time being.

I basically don't have any real infos about the games listed below other than hearing the name and seeing few screenshots there and there. I am going to read reviews later of course but it would be great to hear about at least some of these games from you guys to at least narrow my choices a bit.

Also I enjoy all kind of RPGs, even the weeabooish ones and I don't necessarily plan to buy all of these eventually so it's not strictly a question of which games have the biggest discount.

Here is the list of RPGs on sale that I don't have yet with original USD prices and rough discount prices (I have the shop set for my currency):

Monster Huner Freedom Unite (PSP game) 13.49 -> 5.39
Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed 54.99 -> 21.74
Criminal Girls: Invite Only 39.99 -> 33.61
Atelier Ayesha Plus 39.99 -> 24.90
Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God 34.99 -> 16.19
Demon Gaze 54.99 -> 16.19
Tales of Hearts R 39.99 -> 27.68
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment 54.99 -> 27.28
Muramasa Rebirth 33.99 -> 10.65

Also, not RPGs but notable candidates from other categories:

Freedom Wars 24.99 -> 14.22
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection 39.99 -> 21.58
Virtue's Last Reward: Complete Collection 29.99 -> 12.24

So if anyone has any experience with any of these games, I would be really grateful for a little review and your opinion about best games for my budget.

EDIT: Forgot to put Muramasa Rebirth in the poll, so if you recommend that one, please tell me in the comments.

Ergroilnin
03-27-2015, 03:59 PM
Well so far, Tales of Hearts R have one vote :p I've been kinda looking forward to playing Tales games but since this is the only game released on PS systems, I am kind of hesitating. If I get hooked, I would have to get the DS was it? Console for the rest of the series :p Are the tales games worth taking the risk? Is Tales of Hearts R good as a solo game?

metagloria
03-27-2015, 04:38 PM
Full disclosure: I am the one vote for Tales of Hearts R, and I've never played it. I've played Vesperia (X360), Graces F (PS3) and Symphonia (originally Gamecube, remastered for PS3) and really enjoyed them all, so I have faith that Hearts R is probably good too.

NeoCracker
03-28-2015, 08:26 AM
Atelier Ayesha is the best of the PS3 Atelier Titles, so I imagine the Vita port will be fantastic as well. Just make sure you REALLY like crafting systems. Like, a lot. Cause you will never stop crafting.

Criminal girls has issues, but is a pretty underrated title I feel.

blackmage_nuke
03-29-2015, 05:03 AM
Virtues last Reward is a great game but it doesnt make sense unless you've finished 999 for the DS first.

Ergroilnin
03-29-2015, 08:12 AM
Well then that one is pretty mouch out then since I won't be able to play 999 and I don't want to be confused during the whole game :p Thanks for the info bout that one.

maybee
03-29-2015, 08:27 AM
Tales of Hearts, because the Tales games are awesome c:

Ergroilnin
04-01-2015, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the votes and info so far. Anyone has any recommendations about the SAO: HF? I liked the first half of the first season anime and I think the game is supposed to play out there?

Pumpkin
04-01-2015, 09:22 PM
So far Atelier Ayesha is my least favourite PS3 game (hair NeoCracker) and I've played them all but Rorona. It's still a good game though. I want to try Hearts but I no has Vita :(

NeoCracker
04-02-2015, 10:26 AM
So far Atelier Ayesha is my least favourite PS3 game (hair NeoCracker) and I've played them all but Rorona. It's still a good game though. I want to try Hearts but I no has Vita :(

So what you are saying is I'm going to have to murder you? Clearly that is what you are saying.

Dr Unne
04-02-2015, 10:38 PM
EDIT: Forgot to put Muramasa Rebirth in the poll, so if you recommend that one, please tell me in the comments.

I got Muramasa free with PS+. The gameplay is just OK, but the visuals make up for it. I'm not usually one to ooh and aah over graphics, but so much parallax...