PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer short, mid or long range attacks?

Dat Matt
04-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Are you a manly man that gets right in the fray, a strategical minded player that stays out of the mix, or an indecisive player that can't choose?

Me, I stick as far from the battle as possible spamming fire.

Shorty
04-08-2015, 05:22 PM
I prefer long-range attacks if it's with a weapon I can manually aim with.

Shauna
04-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Stick
'em
with
the
pointy
end

blackmage_nuke
04-08-2015, 05:39 PM
In a real life I like to duck behind cover with something that will keep them as far away as possible.

In a video game I like to get right up in their grill

Vermachtnis
04-08-2015, 07:32 PM
Punch 'em in the face!

Pike
04-08-2015, 09:36 PM
Definitely depends on the game.

FFIX Choco Boy
04-08-2015, 10:14 PM
Give me a bow. No guns. No crossbows. No swords or halberds or magic. A bow.

Spooniest
04-08-2015, 10:28 PM
The cave after escaping the Midgar Zolom has Long Range Materia. Anyone can snipe in Final Fantasy VII. :D

Mirage
04-08-2015, 10:59 PM
yes, so which do you prefer

that place is also called the mythril cave.

escobert
04-08-2015, 11:08 PM

Spooniest
04-08-2015, 11:09 PM
Well I usually give the long range materia to Cloud, my best fighter, so yeah, long range is best. If it's a giant bug on high graphical settings, long range with fire.

Vermachtnis
04-08-2015, 11:11 PM
Give me a bow. No guns. No crossbows. No swords or halberds or magic. A bow.

Bows make a nice THWOK noise when you hit people with them.

FFIX Choco Boy
04-08-2015, 11:17 PM
Bows are also how I learned to cheese Chivalry, Mount and Blade, and a few other medieval set games like that. Get good with the bow, and you can take out 20-30 people from a charging army before they can even get to you.

Mirage
04-08-2015, 11:55 PM
Well I usually give the long range materia to Cloud, my best fighter, so yeah, long range is best. If it's a giant bug on high graphical settings, long range with fire.

yeah cool

but what do you prefer, close, mid or long range?

Iceglow
04-10-2015, 08:54 AM
I prefer to keep my enemies at a mid range for the most part depending on the game. Halo I was always a fan of using the DMR or Battle Rifle. I'd also covet the sniper rifle. In Call of Duty games I usually play with assault rifles.

Destiny however has changed me. Destiny has made me love the close range. I'm the guy running around with a hand cannon and shotgun, I'm the dude whose in the enemies faces consistently and constantly. I still use sniper rifles and stuff in pvp but pve I prefer to go up close and personal.

Ayen
04-10-2015, 09:03 AM
What Pike said. In games like Lord of the Rings or Skyrim I get up close with a sword. In games like Mass Effect I duck behind cover and keep them within shooting range only getting close when I have to.

Masamunemaster
04-10-2015, 09:36 AM
I prefer bows over any other long range weapon, but if I can I like being in the shadows with some knives.

Pumpkin
04-13-2015, 02:09 PM
Long. I enjoy bow and arrow weapons most

Fynn
04-13-2015, 02:12 PM
It really, really depends on the game. Other than that, I really can't choose. I love both archers and swordsmen. When I was playing Baldur's Gate, my main character was a ranger that alternated between swords and a longbow. It was awesome :D

Karifean
04-13-2015, 02:30 PM
Swords and Bows are indeed the greatest. Mid-range archery is just too damn fun to put anything else.

Slothy
04-13-2015, 05:09 PM

This. If I'm going adventuring in Skyrim or the like it will frequently be with a bow and my enemies won't see it coming. If it's TF2 I'll engage at any range with a bow pinning my enemies to walls. If it's a game like Counter Strike, I might be hanging back with a sniper rifle reigning death from afar on my enemies, or if I can't afford an awp I will be at the front, in their face, ducking and weaving while they vainly try to hit me as I pump their bodies full of sweet hot lead.

Point being, doesn't matter where you are I will end you.

Mirage
04-13-2015, 07:23 PM
I forgot to say that it depends greatly of the mechanics of each game. Some games just become really boring at long range. It still needs to be engaging and require skill.

krissy
04-14-2015, 05:41 AM
in demon's souls i used a bow because i was scared of everything
in dark souls i used a longsword and bow because i wasn't that scared anymore
in dark souls 2 i used a greatsword because i am going to get into your face before i stab you with it, and it hurts the most close up

up close melee is the best and most efficient way of cleaning up because most games have invincibility animation frames while you're doing a kill animation imo

no guts no glory

BlackFire
05-04-2015, 07:16 AM
I am a mid-range guy who is comfortable with a good mid-range rifle. I am not afraid to get in close range either.

Rez09
05-04-2015, 05:04 PM
I generally prefer long range weapons, as I like the idea of hitting the enemy before they hit you. This is especially true in strategy / tactics games, where I invest in sturdy front line units with little offensive capability and long range glass cannons that hang out behind them.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-04-2015, 05:44 PM
Magic typically hits from wherever, with some long range restraints.

If I'm having to go room to room, I'll take some form of club, tomahawk, or shotgun. If it's a forest setting or something a little more spread out, a nice bow or assault rifle, perhaps some grenades. For distance, the obvious choice is a crow's nest with something from the American military M series, or something like a Dragunov or a PSG.

(This is all from gaming experience. I don't pretend to be some weapons expert. :p)

It depends on the scenario. I'm happy as long as the enemies drop.

escobert
05-04-2015, 06:30 PM
If I had to choose, I'm usually more of a support role person. So mid range. I can get right into the fight if need be but am better off back a little.