PDA

View Full Version : Record Keeper Megathread

metagloria
03-27-2015, 02:48 PM
And how am I the first person to make a thread about it?

I downloaded it on our iPad last night. Pretty addictive. Only a tiny bit glitchy (it freezes when I scroll down in the equipment upgrade menu). But man, there's so much depth. Equipment combining, magic creation and upgrading, party member unlocking...and no forced transactions. I spent my first 5 mythril on a rare relic spin and got a 4-star Diamond Sword (XII) this morning! Tidus is so overpowered on the X levels, it's awesome.

Aulayna
03-27-2015, 05:42 PM
I've cleared the tutorial thus far and that's it.

I plan to dig in once I finish my Finis playthrough of T0-HD ._.'

Psychotic
03-27-2015, 05:58 PM
Just picked it up and beat the tutorial. Looks fun, hope to put some more time into it over the next week!

Leigh
03-27-2015, 07:22 PM
I tried it, but seemed a bit boring. It's a slight nostalgia trip, and a bit of a time waster, but I wouldnt dedicate any real time to it.

FFIX Choco Boy
03-27-2015, 11:51 PM
I'm playing it a little bit, when I've not really got much else I'm in the mood to do.

Kalevala
03-28-2015, 09:29 PM
Convince me to play this in 10 words or less.

metagloria
03-28-2015, 10:05 PM
Simple, deep, casual, free, fun. Massive nostalgia.

Masamunemaster
03-29-2015, 03:53 AM
I really like it, I just used some mythril to draw and got a platinum dagger.

Fynn
03-29-2015, 05:53 AM
Has anyone drawn the buster sword yet?

Masamunemaster
03-29-2015, 07:02 AM
Haven't got enough to try it yet.

What is everyone's party? Right now I'm finishing up four so it's tyro, kain, rydia, wakka, and cloud.

Pike
03-29-2015, 10:34 AM
Oh man I just downloaded this last night, I haven't played it yet but I am STOKED

Fynn
03-29-2015, 12:12 PM
Oh, and if I'm not mistaken, this requires a steady Internet connection, which I'm really not big on.

Anyway, I hate this game for sucking me in so much.

metagloria
03-29-2015, 01:40 PM
I think it might only need internet when you're accessing a new realm for the first time. That's the only time it ever gives me a download message.

I'm using Tyro, Cloud, Tidus, Wakka, and Rydia. The best rare relic I've drawn was a 4-star Diamond Sword. I also have a 3-star Dancing Dagger and a 3-star Flame Rod.

The normal-difficulty daily dungeons are a pain in the butt, but worth attempting.

I've beaten the very first elite dungeon twice now thanks to Cloud. The most recent time I managed to keep everyone but Rydia alive. Salve ftw!

Fynn
03-29-2015, 02:07 PM
I think it might only need internet when you're accessing a new realm for the first time. That's the only time it ever gives me a download message.

Well, whenever I'm not connected to WiFi I can't even access the game.

metagloria
03-29-2015, 02:15 PM

Well, whenever I'm not connected to WiFi I can't even access the game.
That's lame. : /

This is the first mobile game I've ever spent any real time on. I'm fortunate that my wife decided she had to have an iPad for Christmas or I wouldn't even be able to play it.

Rostum
03-30-2015, 07:03 AM
I got this, and it's a really good time waster. I really enjoy it! The latest character I got was Ranger from FFV, and most of my characters are around level 13. I haven't gotten anything too special, just some 3 star items and upgraded a Mythril Bangle for Cloud.

metagloria
03-30-2015, 02:45 PM
Got my first 5-star relic today!

It was a Judgment Staff (V). Kind of lame that it's a staff, but holy cow does it have great stats. I'm gonna have to equip it to Tyro, shift him to back row and make him a mage.

Masamunemaster
03-30-2015, 05:48 PM
Nice, it's there were more casts of magic, or the ability to switch attack for more mages would be a lot better.

metagloria
03-30-2015, 05:59 PM
My number one complaint so far: I wish you could edit each character's automatic action (a la FF4 DS). I want to be lazy but I also don't want Rydia wasting turns attacking when she should probably defend.

metagloria
03-31-2015, 10:16 PM
If you're not in on this yet, now's the time - there's a two-week event starting tomorrow which will unlock Tifa and Sephiroth! :omgomg:

Masamunemaster
04-02-2015, 03:25 PM
I just got to floor 40 of the event, and holy crap. I keep trying to kill him first before focusing on his buddies, is that a mistake in this game?

Freya
04-02-2015, 03:47 PM
I plan on getting it but I can't at work and then I forget when i'm at home.

metagloria
04-02-2015, 04:16 PM
I just got to floor 40 of the event, and holy crap. I keep trying to kill him first before focusing on his buddies, is that a mistake in this game?

He was very rough for me. I beat him with a horribly low score, haha. You are right to focus on the main boss, as the adds respawn immediately (unlike with Sinspawn Ammes). Evidently you can put the adds to sleep if you want to go that route. Probably worth trying if you want a Champion rating.

Masamunemaster
04-03-2015, 05:47 AM
I tried him earlier today, and got rid of him with only cloud alive....needless to say he was dead quick.

Ayen
04-03-2015, 05:50 AM
Never heard of it, don't have the devices necessary or the money.

metagloria
04-03-2015, 04:14 PM
Never heard of it, don't have the devices necessary or the money.

Well it's free, so the money's not a problem. :p But yeah if you don't have a smartphone/tablet/android emulator, you're out of luck.

Rostum
04-03-2015, 10:57 PM
Ah, finally beat the last floor of the Shinra building and claimed Sephiroth, and luckily a 4 star greater summon orb!

The last couple of bosses before Rufus were so annoying since I was just working with melee characters all this time, sans Wakka. I had to go back and level some magic casters since bosses were "out of reach" for melee. :(

Needless to say I scraped through the last 3 floors with Expert rating and I can't be bothered trying for anything better.

My team at the moment is Tyro, Cloud, Tifa, Wakka, and Rydia. Cloud and Tifa being the most powerful since they have some really amazing 4 star weapons, 3 stat armours and accessories.

EDIT: Kinda bummed, just finished all dungeons and had a "coming soon" message. Thought there would be more to it than this. :/

Psychotic
04-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Just did the Shinra building myself. Only got a 3 star summon orb, you lucky so-and-so! Yeah the hundred and heli gunners are nightmares, I had to swap in some mages too. Unlimited wave of Thunder and Thundara being sent the way of them, ugh. I have the same party apart from Kain instead of Wakka.

Masamunemaster
04-05-2015, 11:51 PM
Right now I am hoping to find a good bow or some kind of long range weapon for my ranger so I have an extra long range character.

metagloria
04-06-2015, 03:08 PM
Right now I am hoping to find a good bow or some kind of long range weapon for my ranger so I have an extra long range character.

Wakka can use bows and boomerangs. Highly recommended.

Masamunemaster
04-06-2015, 05:47 PM
I have wakka with chakram, rydia with thunder/ara, tyro with silver harp, cloud bastard sword, and ranger with bow. I am having such trouble with the hundred gunner.

fat_moogle
04-06-2015, 06:09 PM
I want to give this a try but my stupid phone doesn't want to install it.

Masamunemaster
04-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Finally beat the event.

Took blm, rydia, cloud, tyro, and wakka to both hundred and heli gunner. Blm died on the first and second rounds accordingly, but with rydia/thundara, and tyro with wakka boosting a thunder strike they barely went down.

Rufus I took tifa instead of blm. With wakka boosting cloud I took out puppy without any trouble. Rufus killed rydia, but for a couple turns I was doing at least 2k till tifa died then went auto till I got Sephy!

Psychotic
04-08-2015, 08:45 AM
A new event launched today where you can get Paladin Cecil and Dark Knight Cecil. They will be useful for taking on the FFIV Elite Dungeons I think!

metagloria
04-08-2015, 02:08 PM
I got Dark Cecil already! Slowly working my way toward the top of Mt. Ordeals as stamina allows. No challenge so far, with Kain and Rydia in my party and lots of FF4 equipment.

Psychotic
04-08-2015, 02:34 PM
Yeah I just picked him up too. Mount Ordeals is a breeze compared to the Shinra Building so far. I've just had it on Auto, even for the bosses.

metagloria
04-08-2015, 03:25 PM
I worry a little that most future events will be like that. It's kind of the MMO conundrum – if you get on board early, you're way overpowered for later content that still has to be accessible to newcomers.

Psychotic
04-08-2015, 05:18 PM
I think this game has a really weird difficulty curve. With the daily dungeons I can cream Normal but then just one or two enemies on Hard are enough to OHKO my party.

Masamunemaster
04-08-2015, 05:52 PM
I'm going paladin cecil can replace tyro for a backup party.

metagloria
04-12-2015, 09:17 PM
I think this game has a really weird difficulty curve. With the daily dungeons I can cream Normal but then just one or two enemies on Hard are enough to OHKO my party.
I was like this for a while, but you get there eventually and then you're like "Oh, this isn't so bad." I'm running the hard mode EXP dungeon today with Cloud, Tidus, Kain, Wakka, and switching out fifth members to ride their coattails for massive level gains.

Rostum
04-13-2015, 03:23 AM
I'm starting to really lose interest in this, it's starting to get really boring. :\

Masamunemaster
04-13-2015, 03:33 AM
I don't like that the daily dungeons don't reset their rewards each week.

metagloria
04-13-2015, 03:45 AM
I'm starting to really lose interest in this, it's starting to get really boring. :\
That's the bane of every Square mobile/handheld game. However, I'm not bored with this one yet, and I want to keep playing because I'm psyched for all the potential future content!

Psychotic
04-13-2015, 07:41 AM
I don't like that the daily dungeons don't reset their rewards each week.
Yeah that's pretty lousy. I think yesterday marked the first day I went to bed with full stamina, I'm getting a little bored too. I've cleared a lot of Expert levels but now I've kind of plateaued and being demolished by the bosses of V.

FFIX Choco Boy
04-13-2015, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I've pretty much grown bored of it as well. It was fun for a little while, but the lack of any sort of story whatsoever, and the lack of additional content (the episodes included so far are rather meager) have started wearing on me. It just doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy with no story or tons of stuff to do... or chocobos.

metagloria
04-13-2015, 08:04 PM
Elite dungeons just got nerfed. People are saying bosses have half HP and everything hits for way less damage, which makes sense considering some of the elite bosses were INSANE before. Sure, some people had cleared them all, but in general the difficulty spike was too high. This should make grinding for 3* abilities much more feasible.

Masamunemaster
04-13-2015, 10:52 PM
Well I finally decided to ignore dark knight till I clear some elite dungeons, I did the first level of x with wakka boosting tidus while sephy used blade bash and rydia went between her -ra spells and blitz whip. It was pretty easy in the end.

Masamunemaster
04-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Making new post due to the time frame between previous and current post.

I finally got the 50 mythril needed to do the lucky draw as they bumped the odds. I was kinda sad I didn't get the blood lane, but I did get the buster sword, and official ball so I can't be to mad.

Cloudane
04-22-2015, 12:28 PM
Fiendishly addictive. (Pun not intended, but enjoyed)

It's one of those games a bit like Farmville and Candy Crush where... I don't know the ins and outs of it, but I'm pretty sure it's designed with the assistance of psychologists for maximum addiction. It pushes all the right "buttons" in your brain that give you satisfaction from filling up bars, getting maximum stars etc and gently nudges the goalpost as you go along. A few hallmarks of these types of games are highly ornate interfaces, large colourful fonts, a character that "talks" to you, and an air of congratulation just for opening it. It all contributes to the effect.

The general idea of course is that because it's stamina based and mythril is rare you'll keep feeding it potentially substantial amounts of money to play.
It also has the gambling addiction side of things down with the very expensive relic draws.

At least it doesn't force you to pay a single dime, you just have to be careful as it's basically subsidized by addicts so you should try to make sure you are not the addict.

I'm somewhere in the middle - I have the willpower and enjoy the game, so I occasionally toss them £0.79 for a continue, to help support it.
It does get a bit "grindy" though like with this sector 7 event over and over and over farming magicite.
And I'm only a short way through the main game as I've not played V yet and don't want to spoil it (playing the first V room is a requirement to unlock anything else)

Masamunemaster
05-22-2015, 08:36 AM
I may have got my main party set for now. Rinoa has the valkyrie, cloud with the buster sword, wakka with the official ball, kain sporting the platinum dagger(may change to mesmerize blade),and tyro with the silver harp.

Now to get lucky armor drops:/

Psychotic
05-22-2015, 10:15 AM
I'm rocking Tyro's soul break book weapon and it's fiendishly enjoyable.

metagloria
05-22-2015, 09:17 PM
I may have got my main party set for now. Rinoa has the valkyrie, cloud with the buster sword, wakka with the official ball, kain sporting the platinum dagger(may change to mesmerize blade),and tyro with the silver harp.

Now to get lucky armor drops:/

Wow, that's a massive setup. I still don't have any relic weapons, but I do now have 65 mythril (and counting!) that I'm stockpiling for a banner I actually care about.

I'm rocking Tyro's soul break book weapon and it's fiendishly enjoyable.
Sentinel or Healing?

Psychotic
05-22-2015, 09:24 PM
Sentinel baby.

Masamunemaster
05-23-2015, 05:19 AM
Very nice!

Psychotic
06-02-2015, 07:34 AM
First relic draw I got today was Locke's Rising Sun weapon. Fuck yes.

Psychotic
06-07-2015, 04:58 PM
There's been a HUGE update. Quests, level breaking cap, rebalancing, the works. You can also add friends and summon them to help in the battle.

I have a level 50 Tyro with Sentinel's Grimoire (basically sort of like Big Guard) so feel free to add me. My friend code is: ejfE

Masamunemaster
06-07-2015, 11:35 PM
I have a Wakka with status reels, unless I decide to change for Cloud + braver.

My code is: Q5Cy

metagloria
06-08-2015, 01:31 AM
I have nothing worth writing home about, so I set up Paladin Cecil with Rampart. (Friend code: eJBd) But I have soooo much mythril waiting for Tidus's event banner!

Also. OMG THIS UPDATE. So much amazing stuff! Anybody who hasn't played this yet, this is the PERFECT time to start because they implemented a "quest" system where you get rewarded for doing stuff you're going to have to do anyway (and that we first-day players did a loooong time ago and are now having to do again). Just...MAKE SURE YOU ACCEPT A QUEST before completing the objective!

Wolf Kanno
07-12-2015, 09:36 AM
Although I downloaded this awhile ago, I only recently started playing. Pretty fun, even if the game is a bit taxing on my poor phone but they've done a great job with the game and I'm happy they took a page out of some of the better mobile games on the markey (Terra Battle comes to mind) and not turn this game into money milk fest.

I've done what I can in VII and did a number of quests in FFIV but took some time off to hit up FFX. I just got Cecil's Dark Knight Helmet which Tyro is rocking at the moment with a Falchion and I hope to get Kain and Cloud fixed up with some serious gear from their own games. So far it's been really fun.

Psychotic
09-08-2015, 03:21 PM
Y'all kids still playing? :greenie: Been a while for me. Enjoying the soul break celebration and those lovely lovely lithographs. I have NOT been lucky at all in getting any soul break equipment which is irritating me. I tell a lie, I got a 5* FFX bracer with a shell-all soul break but given that I have both Sazh and Tyro's SB equipment it's not a huge boon, pardon my pun. I've picked up a fair bit of 5* armour too actually, and a couple of 5* swords.

I just wish I had more than 5 SB weapons (and two of those are for Tyro, HG and SG, and two are for characters without memory crystals) On the plus side I do have memory crystals unlocked and activated for all characters with them now. :) I only need two more RMs to pop up too (Luneth 2 and Fran 2) and then I've got the lot.

Wolf Kanno
09-12-2015, 05:53 AM
Still playing, currently rocking a full FFIV party of Kain, Child Rydia, Paladin Cecil, Tellah, and Dark Knight Cecil while doing the Golbez event. Picked up Firion, Edward and Squall from the forbidden treasure event but I'm kicking myself for missing the chance to recruit Mog.

Wish I had more Five Star weapon drops for my fave characters. Hoping Terra and Celes will get another recruitment event as well. I've dropped Tyro completely from my party and I'm mainly using my fave FF characters.

Psychotic
09-18-2015, 02:42 PM
I need to moan more because since I made that post I got Balthier's gun, Golbez's axe (incredible) and Y'shtola's robe! :D

I think Terra and Celes are coming later, yeah. Beyond the XIV event today, up next is Zack, then Auron, then I think maybe Vaan.

I used to use Tyro all the time and he's good as a utility, but his stats are just too weak. He's like a really really really extreme Red Mage: Jack of all, master of none. I usually go for a Cloud - Sazh - Garnet* - Yuna - Golbez party. Golbez recently usurped Vivi when I got his axe. Garnet is kind of floating - the other four are all staples, whereas her role can sometimes be given to Wakka, Tidus, Vivi (depending on if I need more Support/Attack/Black Magic) or someone from the realm I'm in, but she's the most common option. It works pretty well.

Wolf Kanno
09-18-2015, 08:11 PM
I wish I had a chance to get Vivi as well, I always forget how much I love FFIX, I was so excited when I picked up Steiner.

My usual party is Cloud, Cyan, Child Rydia, D.K. Cecil, and the last shifts to whoever I feel like at the moment. Just recruited Golbez so he may take that permanent spot or replace Rydia. I should probably use Selphie more since she's currently the only character I have their 5 Star Weapon and her skills are healing/support based but whatever. I usually use Yuna if I need a dedicated healer. What I really need to do is stop being stingy with Growth eggs and just max out some levels so I can stand a chance to get the level cap breaking items.

Psychotic
10-21-2015, 07:55 AM
Orbfest is incredible! I have 8 million gil and up to my eyeballs in orbs. No luck on the fucking lucky draw though, all silvers! :colbert:

Wolf Kanno
12-16-2015, 07:12 AM
So who is enjoying the new interface after the recent update? Been pretty cool so far. Collected all of the available VI characters and about to sweep the last of VII's with the current event. I also finally got Unique Gear for two characters. I got the White Mage Robe for Y'shtola and last night I got the Sasuke for Shadow, which made him a new fave. Wish I could get back to playing the main game instead of doing the Events but they just give better rewards and I'm addicted to collecting all the characters that I like.

Spuuky
02-03-2016, 05:44 PM
I just downloaded this last week because the sprites look cool for all the post-FFVI characters. It's kind of fun, every single fight ends the same way though (summoning a laughably overpowered "friend" to instantly kill the boss from full health).

Rin Heartilly
02-05-2016, 05:18 PM
I am ashamed to admit this but I've spent a lot of in-game money on this game. A lot. Probably in the hundreds....but only during FF8 and sometimes FF7 banners (like that's an excuse).

My main party is:
Squall with cutting trigger and SeeD uniform (lvl 75)
Rinoa with Valkyrie and mystery veil (lvl 61)
Y'shtola with light staff and healers robe (lvl 60)
Thancred with betrayal sword/thief blade and ninja chainmail (lvl 62)
Seifer with hyperion and esthar bracers (lvl 60)

although I often switch in:
Tifa with grand glove (lvl 55)
Sephiroth with masamune (lvl 64)
Cecil with dark sword (lvl 51)
Zell with metal knuckle (lvl 55)
Aeris with metal rod(I forget) (lvl 60)

Heroics+ is really challenging but if you hone your abilities, not dying is a lot easier xD

Lawr
02-17-2016, 12:14 AM
FF Record Keeper: Pay 2 Win!

I just downloaded this last week because the sprites look cool for all the post-FFVI characters. It's kind of fun, every single fight ends the same way though (summoning a laughably overpowered "friend" to instantly kill the boss from full health).

It gets fun later on when you can just play with your favorites or get to an interesting boss. You probably already guessed it but eventually you won't be able to nuke everything, and the superbosses in the events will give you that feeling of nostalgia/anguish like a true FF superboss should.

Also if you don't plan on spending any of your actual money good luck beating the Ultimates. What causes me heartburn is that I'm completely free to play and I'm almost, kinda getting to that point, since RNGesus has shown me no mercy.

Spuuky
02-17-2016, 01:29 AM
Yeah I haven't advanced past the point of my summon-buddies destroying everything, I'm sure it will happen though. My party is level 30-40 or so now depending on who I bring along.

Lawr
02-18-2016, 10:54 PM
A quick sermon for the choir:
3★++ w/Synergy > 5★ with no Synergy!

No Synergy: couldn't even master the level 60 dungeon in the FFVI event with a full party. (I have no good RES armor so that didn't help either)

Character Synergy + Equipment Synergy: Gilgamesh one-man show all the way to the level 75 dungeon in FFV event.

The mistake I made on my first playthrough was getting rid of my 3★ equipment. It's better to just upgrade it to max when you have spare materials, and combine it with a duplicate. I think when a character has Synergy they gain 10 levels and equipment synergy is 1.5x to all of its stats. Definitely worth exploiting when you can!

Psychotic
02-18-2016, 11:18 PM
Yeah, Record Keeper never used to have friend summons and so early game content was designed without them in mind. Early friend summons also had weak Soul Breaks as SSBs did not exist. Because there's now such a gulf between someone who has just started and a Day 1 player they're doing a lot more to help bridge the gap so you'll find it easy for a time.

I'm working on getting everyone to max level which is of course a losing battle. I now have 50 characters at a level at or higher than 65. I don't care, I love this game.

Also while we're talking about Ultimates smurf Beatrix :colbert: I got her eventually but god damn. Most of the others have been fairly straightforward. Challenging, but not unfairly so like she was.

Spuuky
02-19-2016, 09:23 PM
My highest level character is Main Character Guy at level 43 now. I finally have run into some bosses that Summon Pals can't just wipe out, trying some random Elite dungeons. This "difficulty 41" dungeon is WAY harder than all of the 45-50 difficulty ones I have cleared, I don't really get it, but whatever.

I have climbed to a mighty 84 stamina and actually have five 5-star weapons now if I really want to field a team full of them.

Lawr
02-24-2016, 05:17 AM
Tyro is a Swiss Army Knife and Gilgamesh is a Swiss Army Knife with a flamethrower attached to it. Gilgamesh is another good character to level up this weekend if you have him, because Tyro's stats start to suck once you get into the 40's+ but good to have as a filler when you need him.

As much as I hate Cloud outside of FFVII, you should get him high too - this game is not exempt from Cloud favoritism and the physical attack meta*, and there's an Advent Children event coming up that you'll want Synergy for.

* Yeah, elite bosses are bulltrout so I had to start using Tauntaliate to beat them:
Advance (Friend Summon) + Retaliate + 2 Dbl. Cut's (Highly Recommended) + Draw Fire (Optional)

Thanks to Reddit, I found at least 15 Luneth's with Advance and added them to my friend's list. (http://ffrk.logicaltrinkets.com/) Advance will double the ATK of the user, so I have Gilgamesh (or Cloud) summon Advance, then Retaliate (all physical attacks will miss him and the user will counter) and the other characters Double Cut him and he attacks the creeps for 8,000 to 9,999 damage. I sometimes put Draw Fire on Greg so the creeps will attack him and make him counter, but I'd rather use that extra turn to just Attack and clear the wave. Only a handful of Samurais can use Draw Fire but Cloud can at least use Retaliate and that's really all you need. In fact, Advance and Crushing Blow (Lightning) are the only Roaming Warriors I've needed with very few exceptions.

Like all Final Fantasies, multi-hits and physical attacks will always outshine single-hit magical attacks. Go forth with the Tauntaliate meta and prosper.

Yes I called Gilgamesh Greg.

Lawr
02-26-2016, 03:03 AM
Lulu's cleavage made for a nice distraction while I waited for Yojimbo++ stamina!

http://i.imgur.com/N9p4a9B.jpg

Spuuky
02-26-2016, 05:13 PM
I kind of just use whatever skills Optimize gives me, but with some elemental weaknesses swapped in. And switch my team randomly to whatever realm it is. I don't know, nothing has really presented that much of a challenge unless it's a weird condition like "inflict silence, inflict silence, inflict silence" which really is hard to ignore and still Master.

Psychotic
02-26-2016, 06:06 PM
Advantaliate is definitely the nuclear option when it comes to Record Keeper. It does leave you really light defensively, assuming you don't have a natural wall relic (Tyro's Sentinel's Grimoire and Y'shtola's Thyrus staff).

Got through all of the bonus battles today. My biggest problem was making Sap hit Seymour. Changed from Shadowsteel to Venom Buster which hit first time and I beat him first time from there.

Lawr
03-08-2016, 05:18 AM
Tip: If you can get 3 for all of the other medals, and only one medal for damage taken on Diabolos, then you don't need Laguna for Tonberry King to master the dungeon!

Psychotic
04-05-2016, 08:12 AM
FF Tactics dropped, how did we do? Did two pulls, got both Platinum Sword and the Defender for Ramza and Agrias's SSBs as well as three of Agrias's shield. Jaw has dropped, I'm made up!

Spuuky
04-05-2016, 07:49 PM
I used 50 mythryl on it like on any other new thing that shows up. I didn't get anything good I think. Some kind of 5-star armor with nothing special attached.

Really I am just trying to unlock all the characters anyway, I have no illusions about beating any really hard stuff since I won't spend money. I managed to beat the fight to get the two memory crystals for FFT so at least there's that.

Lawr
04-10-2016, 04:35 PM
I spent 200 Mythril right when DeNA did the scumbag thing and changed the drop rates.

I ended up getting two of Ramza's Grand Armor. Would have been more useful to me had I not got Wutai Headband earlier, but it still has beastly stats. They at least helped me master Wiegraf+++ but Belias rekt my whole party.

Psychotic
12-21-2016, 06:18 PM
Anyone still playing? Multiplayer is a thing now.

Shauna
12-21-2016, 06:19 PM
Oooh. That is an unexpected addition! How is it?

Psychotic
12-21-2016, 06:56 PM
Pretty fun actually, but I think it's one of those things that'd be more fun with friends.

Lawr
12-22-2016, 12:48 AM
Yeah I usually host and auto-kick anybody that brings Cloud into the party.

My friends list is full on both sides but if you want to make a team I guess you could just post in this thread. I'll try to check eoff more often.

Psychotic
12-22-2016, 04:20 PM
tbf finishing touch isn't too bad for this event, especially when paired with Zidane's burst (which is what I rock for this event). But then I guess you have to have Cloud spamming lifesiphon as I don't think he even has Spellblade 5 for Tornado Blade (or whatever it's called)?

Spuuky
12-22-2016, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I play this, but I probably can't summon the effort to join multiplayer games with specific people. Maybe I should add Cloud to my party so I can anger everyone whose game I join.

Psychotic
12-23-2016, 09:00 AM
Why stop at Cloud? Use black mage and white mage.

Spuuky
12-23-2016, 06:41 PM
That's too obvious, they will know it's intentional if I do that. You have to understand the art.

Lawr
12-23-2016, 09:02 PM
tbf finishing touch isn't too bad for this event, especially when paired with Zidane's burst (which is what I rock for this event). But then I guess you have to have Cloud spamming lifesiphon as I don't think he even has Spellblade 5 for Tornado Blade (or whatever it's called)?

I think Lifesiphon is okay for the first part of the raid. There's only been one Cloud that impressed me, but most of them have just been sub-par and undived. The apocalypse difficulty is way too long for me to chance it. I will keep a Cloud in if he's got higher ATK than my Luneth and has his Overstrike. Which is essentially the ATK cap.

But yeah I actually changed my username to ZIDANpls just so I could get more Zidanes in there. That's an easy 50K on Enkidu every time I go into Burst, which is what I usually see Finishing Touch do anyway.

Psychotic
01-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Any of you fine folk done the Torment dungeons? I've just managed to master the 250 one with an all magic party, Tyro on dancing and SG duty and then just letting mages use their bursts. Was tough as balls but got the job done.

Lawr
01-08-2017, 01:51 AM
I tried it once but I was definitely not prepared for rounds. I got the bosses down to half HP and then wiped, but I haven't tried it again!

Spuuky
01-08-2017, 02:56 AM
I just beat the 200 Torment CM. Pretty surprising victory.

Psychotic
01-08-2017, 08:56 AM
I tried it once but I was definitely not prepared for rounds. I got the bosses down to half HP and then wiped, but I haven't tried it again!All about that mage meta. I completed it with my usual physical A-Team, mastered the 250 with a mage team I put together. I even rocked Celes (with Indomitable Blade) as an auxiliary white mage if you can believe it.

I haven't tried the CM, I don't think I'd do too well. I have Sheepsong and Bartz's burst but I can't help but think having something like a healing SB for Lenna and/or Gilgamesh's burst for the trash would be what's needed.

Spuuky
01-08-2017, 09:13 AM
I have Sheepsong and Bartz' burst also, but I left Bartz on the bench. Their physical defense is just too high. I do, however, have Gilgamesh's burst, which I did in fact use for every trash wave.

Then he kind of sat around chipping in a little damage on the boss, while Krile killed them by herself (using Maria RW, which did about 2x8k AoE per command if all of Faris' debuffs and Sheepsong were up).

The biggest obstacle for me was the lack of any healing SB, so I had to have Exdeath and Lenna dual-heal and hope for some luck, which came after a few reloads.

I haven't tried 250 yet. Probably won't until after Sunday either.

Lawr
01-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Oh yeah mage meta too stronk. Luckily I'm not hurting for any type of BSB's! I was thinking on the next run I would break out the Fire Team + Greg now that I can get him to level 99.

Think I'll still put it off for later though. Currently just trying to farm mythril for TG Cid* babby!

Psychotic
01-08-2017, 04:53 PM
He is totally fucking broken from the looks of it, yeah. Although Knight/Combat/Celerity/Spellblade soul breaks are the thing I'm not lacking so I don't know. I desperately need a healer BSB. Went in hard to get Y'shtola's and while I've come away with some nice stuff (Minfilia and Alphinaud's SSB and BSBs) I still haven't got my holy grail.