PDA

View Full Version : Zayn Malik leaves One Direction

SuperMillionaire
03-27-2015, 05:39 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/32057401

http://time.com/3758321/zayn-malik-leaves-one-direction/#3758321/zayn-malik-leaves-one-direction/

Zayn Malik, one of the founding members of the boy group One Direction, has decided to leave the group. He allegedly left the group due to stress from the tour. The other four members of One Direction, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson, who all shot to fame after being discovered by Simon Cowell on the UK TV series The X Factor, are sticking together, and will record a new album soon.

If you should know, my personal opinion of One Direction is this: I am not crazy about them like many elementary school, high school, and some college age girls are, but I think that their music is cool. They remind me of 90s boy groups such as the Backstreet Boys and N Sync.

Bubba
03-27-2015, 10:13 PM
I've hardly slept since it was announced. One Direction were the British five-piece that were destined to change the way we think about popular music. Now that a key ingredient is missing I don't think they will reach the heights which I was so sure they would scale. I have lit a candle in my house that I vow will not go out as long as I am alive... or at least until Zayne stops this nonsense and REJOINS THE GROUP!!

My life just seems rather pointless now to be honest.

Shoeberto
03-27-2015, 11:00 PM
I've hardly slept since it was announced. One Direction were the British five-piece that were destined to change the way we think about popular music. Now that a key ingredient is missing I don't think they will reach the heights which I was so sure they would scale. I have lit a candle in my house that I vow will not go out as long as I am alive... or at least until Zayne stops this nonsense and REJOINS THE GROUP!!

My life just seems rather pointless now to be honest.
Stay strong, brother. Like you, I've been on the "Zayne Train" since I first heard One Direction's sound. It was a revelation to my ears, and I found that his voice - delivered in those rich, lucious harmonies, oh my - really was the cornerstone of the entire enterprise. Immediately, I could pick out his contributions, which showed such a depth of personality that I felt a strong kindred relationship. Like two souls split at birth.

This has been hard for me. Really hard. I've experienced a lot in my life. Love, loss, all of it. I didn't think having my favorite band lose my favorite member would have an effect quite reaching that level, but it has. It might sound silly, but there was a fairly dark period of my life not long ago where I'd just watch videos of him and... I don't know, it made me feel like I had a friend. I went to the theaters to watch their tour movie in 3D and I had to drive to a few towns away just so I wouldn't run into anyone I knew. But, being in such a dark place, it made me feel like... like things were going to be alright.

I'd been wanting to see them live, but things just haven't worked out. With this news, I'm not sure that I can anymore. I'm just too hurt. I don't even think I can keep the poster of 1D up in my bedroom (and you wouldn't believe the fight it was to convince my wife to put it up in the first place).

It kinda feels like I'm back in that same dark place again, but instead of Zayne, there's just... nothing. Emptiness. All I can do now is listen to the old records, and hope that he'll come to his senses. And make me whole again.

Psychotic
03-27-2015, 11:25 PM
YOU TRAITORS CAN'T EVEN SPELL HIS NAME RIGHT

Don't listen to them Zain I'm the only one who ever truly loved you.

Kalevala
03-28-2015, 02:28 AM
Is he the one who hated dancing?

escobert
03-28-2015, 02:56 AM
OH EM GE

Night Fury
03-28-2015, 03:34 AM
It's not the only heartbreaking piece of news we've had this week, I don't know if anyone else heard.... But Kim Kardashian dyed her hair back to brown... the blonde if GONE. IT'S A TRAGEDY.

Calliope
03-28-2015, 04:37 AM
I guess they went in...two directions.

Pike
03-28-2015, 10:16 AM
Okay being serious for a minute, I don't care about this band but it does sort of bug me a little how many people I see poking fun at the young fangirls or whatever. Like, weren't you ever 15 and into something ultimately pointless that was still important to you, and which would have broken you up had it changed? I certainly was!

I guess I can sort of understand on a base level, is what I'm trying to say.

Mirage
03-28-2015, 10:22 AM
Okay being serious for a minute, I don't care about this band but it does sort of bug me a little how many people I see poking fun at the young fangirls or whatever. Like, weren't you ever 15 and into something ultimately pointless that was still important to you, and which would have broken you up had it changed? I certainly was!

No.

Pike
03-28-2015, 10:34 AM
There weren't even any video games that had you feeling that way?

And here I thought you were hardcore :colbert:

If something had happened to Starcraft or Pokemon when I was 15 I would've cried like a million tears (hell, I did cry a million tears over a corrupted Pokemon file)

Kalevala
03-28-2015, 08:25 PM

Yeah, I get it. I can't imagine your average young fangirl has much to relate to/believe in outside of pop culture and groups such as One Direction. So, naturally, when those institutions become threatened they're going to panic. It's problematic that we react to 1D fans self-harming and posting the results on social media with disgust. What we should be doing is questioning how our culture has pigeon-holed them into being so disenfranchised with everything else that the only things they can truly believe in are groups of pretty people who sing. These groups cater to them and help them feel as if they are part of something (whether that's well-intentioned or simply taking advantage of them for monetary gain is another story), which is something politics, spirituality, or what-have-you can't seem to be able to do for this particular audience.

tl;dr OMG ZAYN IZ GO

Colonel Angus
03-28-2015, 08:50 PM

:p

Old Manus
03-28-2015, 08:56 PM
Like, weren't you ever 15 and into something ultimately pointless that was still important to you, and which would have broken you up had it changed?Hey Pokemon cards were serious alright

SuperMillionaire
04-02-2015, 05:18 PM
It's not the only heartbreaking piece of news we've had this week, I don't know if anyone else heard.... But Kim Kardashian dyed her hair back to brown... the blonde if GONE. IT'S A TRAGEDY.

I don't like the Kardashians.

Anyway, Zayn Malik just needed to take some time off. He may decide to rejoin the group in the future if they stick together long enough.

Pumpkin
04-02-2015, 05:27 PM

I cried when I was very young and Hamtaro moved from 7:30 am when I could watch it to 8:00 am when I had to go to school. I wrote YTV a letter and everything but they told me they wouldn't change it :(

SuperMillionaire
04-14-2015, 05:11 PM

Yeah, I get it. I can't imagine your average young fangirl has much to relate to/believe in outside of pop culture and groups such as One Direction. So, naturally, when those institutions become threatened they're going to panic. It's problematic that we react to 1D fans self-harming and posting the results on social media with disgust. What we should be doing is questioning how our culture has pigeon-holed them into being so disenfranchised with everything else that the only things they can truly believe in are groups of pretty people who sing. These groups cater to them and help them feel as if they are part of something (whether that's well-intentioned or simply taking advantage of them for monetary gain is another story), which is something politics, spirituality, or what-have-you can't seem to be able to do for this particular audience.

tl;dr OMG ZAYN IZ GO

You're the only one (other than myself) who has spelled his name right.

Still, the other four members are sticking together.

DMKA
04-15-2015, 01:18 AM
I haven't cried this much since Robin Williams died. ;___;

Kalevala
04-15-2015, 05:11 AM

That's because he's my waifu.

Bubba
04-15-2015, 07:48 AM

That's because he's my waifu.

...and nobody else here cares enough about him to look up the correct spelling.