PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather attend Hogwarts or become a Pokemon trainer?

Bubba
03-27-2015, 10:47 PM
Which would you chose?

Would you like to travel in your favourite regions in a bid to become the greatest Pokemon trainer of all time? OR...

Attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and train to become a fully qualified witch or wizard?

GO!

escobert
03-27-2015, 11:10 PM
Pokemon trainer. Hogwarts would be cool. I'd still rather have pokemon.

Psychotic
03-27-2015, 11:56 PM
They're the same anyway, don't you see?

Ash = Harry
Brock = Ron
Misty = Hermione
Oak = Dumbledore
Gary = Malfoy
Pikachu = Hedwig

you know I'm right

Mirage
03-28-2015, 12:04 AM
Hogwarts. It just seems to have more practical real world application.

Shauna
03-28-2015, 01:04 AM
Hogwarts, duh.

Animal cruelty isn't better than ~*~MAGIC~*~

Ayen
03-28-2015, 01:20 AM
Hogwarts.

Denmark
03-28-2015, 02:09 AM
yes

Kalevala
03-28-2015, 02:25 AM
Wingardium Teddiursaaaa

Night Fury
03-28-2015, 03:38 AM
I think Hogwarts. I can still be a dragon trainer but in Hogwarts land I CAN ALSO HAVE MY OWN MAGIC.

Suck my Confundus, Ash!

Bubba
03-28-2015, 09:31 AM
It woud be nice too have real life Pokemon though, wouldn't it?

Pike
03-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Pokemon trainer. Hogwarts would be cool. I'd still rather have pokemon.

Basically this :nod:

Agent Proto
03-28-2015, 01:14 PM
I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.

Shorty
03-28-2015, 10:45 PM
Hogwarts is the only answer.

Agent Proto
03-28-2015, 10:57 PM
Do you guys have any idea how expensive Hogwarts is?

https://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loznyapaEE1qc8jh0o1_r1_1280.jpg

This is why I'm being a Pokemon Trainer. :D (Of course, this is likely fake, but being a trainer for free is better than paying to become a wizard.)

blackmage_nuke
03-29-2015, 05:10 PM
A wand is 7 Galleons which is about 35 pounds and that's a once or twice in a lifetime purchase. The books can be bought second hand and hogwarts provides a small fund for those who cant afford books or robes and tuition is free, not to mention free food. Presumably there would be cheaper options for robes and cloaks as the only requirement is that they need to be black (theyre not a uniform), same with the hat. I assume the price of robes, hats and cloaks are low anyway since they can be made with magic. The only thing on that list remotely realistic is the gloves which need to be made from dragonhide.

Being a trainer is hardly free, you have to buy potions and pokeballs and stuff and you dont neccesarily have to pay to become a wizard. If you strictly follow the rules of the poll you can go to your first year, drop out, sell everything except your wand and homeschool yourself.

Also if I wanted to I could just take care of magical creatures and learn to tame amazing flying firebreathing unicorning beasts and whatnot. Presumably I could also stick them into small balls with extention charms on the interior then use reducio on the balls to fit them onto my belt

Aerith's Knight
03-29-2015, 06:25 PM
Since I can't actually do magic, Hogwarts seems like a fairly boring educational track. However, since I do have a decent throwing arm to incapacitate a poor caterpie, I think pokemon trainer would be my calling.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-29-2015, 09:13 PM
They're the same anyway, don't you see?

Ash = Harry
Brock = Ron
Misty = Hermione
Oak = Dumbledore
Gary = Malfoy
Pikachu = Hedwig

you know I'm right

Giovanni = Voldemort
Team Rocket = Death Eaters
Officer Jenny = Dementors

Cloudane
03-30-2015, 10:54 AM
Ooh, toughie!

Hogwarts I think. I'd love Pokemon, but wouldn't be able to bring myself to get them to fight :ohdear: I know the canon is that they enjoy it or whatever and aren't meant to equate to RL animals but it's just not for me, I'd just want them as buddies. Magic though, excellent.. preferably in the post-Voldemort era so I'm not constantly fearing for my life :p

Christmas
04-04-2015, 04:35 PM
Of course a trainer. It will be so much fun to force pokemons into a massive orgy and observe what soft of abominations they will produce as a result. :bigsmile:

individual23
04-05-2015, 06:07 AM
pokemon all the way!!!! I love my ampharos and blaziken:cool:

oh yeah, and my gengar has venoshock and toxic??? better back off, ok.

Colonel Angus
04-05-2015, 03:32 PM
i'm wondering if anyone who picked pokemon would choose the trainer class in ffv instead of a mage?

maybee
04-05-2015, 03:37 PM
Hogwarts because you actually age and develop and not stay 12 years old for 20 years.

Mahad
04-09-2015, 09:16 PM
Hogwarts. I will study black, blue, white, and summoner magic and all will be perfect.

Quindiana Jones
04-10-2015, 04:32 AM
I've been thinking about this for a long ass time. I've decided upon Pokemon, even though Hogwarts is awesome and far the better. My reason is thus: people die in Hogwarts and the Hogwarts universe! Nobody ever dies in Pokemon, despite massive traumas to basically every part of their anatomy.

It's the safer option. Plus, I would raise the shit out of my Umbreon, and turn him into a real life Curse/Payback sweeper. YES.

Del Murder
04-10-2015, 05:08 AM
Yeah Hogwarts is a death trap. Any sensible government would have shut that place down after the snake almost petrified everyone. But fortunately (I guess) the ministry of magic is full of incompetent buffoons. On the other hand, these Pokemon kids wander through lands of wild mystical beasts but never seem to get hurt. Sign me up.

Bubba
04-10-2015, 07:29 AM
God, Del and Quin are just cowards. Madam Pomfrey can sort pretty much anything out. What's life without a little pain?

LIFE IS PAIN. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

Quindiana Jones
04-10-2015, 12:54 PM
What's life without a little pain?

...better?

Bubba
04-10-2015, 02:36 PM
What's life without a little pain?

...better?

Err... well yes, there is that.

BUT THERE IS DANGER LURKING IN BOTH CHOICES.

Pokemon kids wander through lands of wild mystical beasts but never seem to get hurt.

Del Murder
04-10-2015, 04:27 PM
He was fine like 10 seconds later.

Shiny
04-10-2015, 11:46 PM
Hogwarts, duh.

Animal cruelty isn't better than ~*~MAGIC~*~
Precisely this.

When I had the sudden realization that Pokemon were basically animals and not "pocket monsters" the guilt became strong. Magic seems cooler anyway.

Bubba
04-11-2015, 11:19 AM
Yes but Pokemon want to be slaves to humans and to be potentially torn limb from limb for our amusement.

Just like house elves enjoy being slaves to wizards and being at their beck and call day and night without any holidays or benefits.

NeoCracker
04-11-2015, 11:25 AM
Yes but Pokemon want to be slaves to humans and to be potentially torn limb from limb for our amusement.

Just like house elves enjoy being slaves to wizards and being at their beck and call day and night without any holidays or benefits.

And now that we have determined either choice leaves you to the inevitable conclusion of being a horrible person, I chose Pokemon. Cause Scyther is STILL fucking boss.

Bubba
04-11-2015, 11:33 AM
I chose Pokemon. Cause Scyther is STILL smurfing boss.

I hate the way Scyther says his name in the Pokemon anime. It has ruined FFVIII for mIn before NeoCracker says that FFVIII is already ruined because whenever Seifer's name appears I have to say in a really high-pitched voice... SEEEIIIIIIFFEEEEEEEEERRR!!!!!!!!!

Shauna
04-11-2015, 11:42 AM

But I am a devout member of S.P.E.W. and I would never treat a House Elf in such a way. :colbert:

Shiny
04-11-2015, 07:48 PM

But they get consumed by us as well. :(

Bubba
04-11-2015, 08:49 PM

But they get consumed by us as well. :(

I can honestly say that I've never eaten a pokemon or a house elf.

Slothy
04-11-2015, 09:56 PM
Yeah Hogwarts is a death trap. Any sensible government would have shut that place down after the snake almost petrified everyone. But fortunately (I guess) the ministry of magic is full of incompetent buffoons. On the other hand, these Pokemon kids wander through lands of wild mystical beasts but never seem to get hurt. Sign me up.

Pokemon is nothing but cock fighting for children. At least wizards get to wield power themselves rather than committing heinous acts of animal abuse to get their pokemon to fight for them.

I'd rather be a mentat myself though. To hell with magic and training pets to murder. Actually that last one sounds kind of cool when I put it that way.

Chibi Youkai
04-12-2015, 03:27 AM
Pokemon. Witches and wizards are pretty much trapped in their own little reality, and don't get out much. Like to travel too much, and see new things.

Vermachtnis
04-12-2015, 03:32 AM
I'll be a Pokémon trainer and catch a Mismagius who is a Witch Ghost.

fire_of_avalon
04-12-2015, 03:45 AM
A wand is 7 Galleons which is about 35 pounds and that's a once or twice in a lifetime purchase. The books can be bought second hand and hogwarts provides a small fund for those who cant afford books or robes and tuition is free, not to mention free food. Presumably there would be cheaper options for robes and cloaks as the only requirement is that they need to be black (theyre not a uniform), same with the hat. I assume the price of robes, hats and cloaks are low anyway since they can be made with magic. The only thing on that list remotely realistic is the gloves which need to be made from dragonhide.

Being a trainer is hardly free, you have to buy potions and pokeballs and stuff and you dont neccesarily have to pay to become a wizard. If you strictly follow the rules of the poll you can go to your first year, drop out, sell everything except your wand and homeschool yourself.

Also if I wanted to I could just take care of magical creatures and learn to tame amazing flying firebreathing unicorning beasts and whatnot. Presumably I could also stick them into small balls with extention charms on the interior then use reducio on the balls to fit them onto my belt
You... uh, you thought about this a lot?

Can I take Hogwarts minus all the racism, classism and slavery? Please?

Richard
05-05-2015, 03:13 PM
I'd probably try my luck as a Pokemon trainer. XD